• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Girl-Gaf - A thread for girls.

Status
Not open for further replies.
in an effort to hinder any potential altercations in this thread i will share some newer, bigger janosh pics that we just received:

Janosh7.jpg

I see what you did there. Clever.

Also, Uggs are the worst. I live in LA and the goddamned things are EVERYWHERE.

Also, also, I love suspenders. I enjoy them muchly. (Don't do the neon thing, though. Or fake glasses, etc.)

Flo

I see what you did there. Clever.

Also, Uggs are the worst. I live in LA and the goddamned things are EVERYWHERE.

Also, also, I love suspenders. I enjoy them muchly. (Don't do the neon thing, though. Or fake glasses, etc.)
I'm always amused when people ask me if my glasses are real. I really don't understand why anyone would wear them if you don't need them.

My boxes will be the fashion trend of the future. Just you wait...

blog_sleepy.jpg

Flo said:
I'm always amused when people ask me if my glasses are real. I really don't understand why anyone would wear them if you don't need them.

You'd be surprised. I sadly know several people who have them because they're following that hipster trend. o_O Makes me miss my old glasses a bit, though (I had lasik, so no more cool frames for me).

Lissar

Reluctant Member
You'd be surprised. I sadly know several people who have them because they're following that hipster trend. o_O Makes me miss my old glasses a bit, though (I had lasik, so no more cool frames for me).

When I was a teenager, I would have given anything to have my eyes fixed by surgery. Unfortunately my eyes are such that it was not to be. But! now I'm quite comfortable with my fashionable nerd look. I'm glad I have glasses.

Kisaya

I don't look good with hipster glasses ._. I don't really look good with any pair, but I'm blind as a bat so I need them DX Hopefully I can get contacts soon

Lissar

Reluctant Member
Even though I don't find it attractive, those clothes aren't so bad. The hair on the guy on the left however, that's just too much!

Even though I don't find it attractive, those clothes aren't so bad. The hair on the guy on the left however, that's just too much!

It gets worse than that, plus it's usually fashion majors, no matter the gender fashion majors are the cattiest bunch of fucks.

Jin34

I can't see how any of those guys would walk around in public without getting laughed at, only the one in the middle is passable
And by passable I mean he would get laughed at the least

More jackets for Girlgaf. Since I get cold I have more of a variety in hoodies, sweaters and jackets >_>.

For when it's cold (and not wet) but I'm feeling spunky
1uYFo.jpg

A thin windbreaker.
Ky3g3.jpg

This is my best vintage get ever, it's a bit long and possibly a little matronly but it is pure wool, has great piping and it was 35 bucks.
I6GXl.jpg

Details and it's actual color.
O6KWX.jpg

Jin34

More jackets for Girlgaf. Since I get cold I have more of a variety in hoodies, sweaters and jackets >_>.

For when it's cold (and not wet) but I'm feeling spunky
1uYFo.jpg

Goes great with the jeans and suits you too, looks like a sexy girl who won't take shit from the dumbass section of gaf.

Lissar

Reluctant Member
I can't see how any of those guys would walk around in public without getting laughed at, only the one in the middle is passable
And by passable I mean he would get laughed at the least

Depends on where you are I guess. I used to hang around Harujuku in my early 20s though, so that's nothing really. I mentioned it before in this thread, but my last boyfriend wore a shawl like that when I met him. I was not exactly impressed with it, but he seduced me with his guitar playing.

I know I shouldn't complain about having work doing something I love doing (translating) but why does it have to be yaoi? I've got nothing against sex in any media, it's the plotless sex that gets to me.

It's money, but on the other hand I don't know if my mind can withstand writing this drivel...

Lissar

Reluctant Member
Worst part is how a bunch of young girls are really into it because it's "so kawaii", gag unto me with a spoon.

I've even heard of older women who are waaaaaay too into it. I can't say it ever interested me in any way, so I've never read any. This one for work was my first ever. I was a little surprised how bad it was. I was sure there must be some value to these things.

Although, I do find it interesting how yaoi is gay comics for women by women. Because of this I was curious about Japanese comics written by gay men for gay men. Totally different thing. It's completely manly. Buff, hairy guys with gigantic penises (in comparison to the extremely feminine men in yaoi. Also the penises they draw are pretty much barely there, faint suggestive lines.) The stuff by men was also far more graphic. I guess women are more into the romance part of it?

I would pay Lissar to make one just to see your reaction lol.

Fortunately I don't actually have to make the things, just translate them. That's bad enough.

I've even heard of older women who are waaaaaay too into it. I can't say it ever interested me in any way, so I've never read any. This one for work was my first ever. I was a little surprised how bad it was. I was sure there must be some value to these things.

Although, I do find it interesting how yaoi is gay comics for women by women. Because of this I was curious about Japanese comics written by gay men for gay men. Totally different thing. It's completely manly. Buff, hairy guys with gigantic penises (in comparison to the extremely feminine men in yaoi. Also the penises they draw are pretty much barely there, faint suggestive lines.) The stuff by men was also far more graphic. I guess women are more into the romance part of it?

No idea, since a) I don't like my men fem looking, and b) it has 2 or more. And the stories are just "chick lit" in its worst form.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom