• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Girl-Gaf - A thread for girls.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Emitan

True. I guess as someone with smaller breasts you don't often think about the troubles larger breasts can cause (namely backpain and staring, which I don't envy). Still, cleavage would be nice.

Just remember that every time you're jealous she's probably jealous too!

Lissar

Reluctant Member
Ha @ Lissar and Inanna complaining about D-size. :p Guuuurls, you can't even.

Agree, shanshan, I wouldn't buy a bra online unless it was super cheap, so if it sucked, whatever, it was only $10. I definitely have to try them before buying.

Oh, I'm not complaining! It was just surprising.

And I have a lot of trouble finding 34D size ._. Last time I was at the store I only found one... on the clearance rack.

Inanna

Not pure anymore!

And I have a lot of trouble finding 34D size ._. Last time I was at the store I only found one... on the clearance rack.

Yeah same, most of the time I find 36D and above or 34C and bellow, I dunno why 34Ds and 36Cs never stay long enough in the shops.

Lissar

Reluctant Member
Yeah same, most of the time I find 36D and above or 34C and bellow, I dunno why 34Ds and 36Cs never stay long enough in the shops.

36Cs I can find aplenty, but I don't really enjoy wearing them (if there's nothing else I'll try them though.) But they aren't really a great fit. I still spill out the top a bit and the middle pops up. And anytime I've tried on a 36C push-up? They won't even stay in under the best conditions.

I'm a 34E-F :( (depending on the time of the month)Unless i go to a special fitting store, i'm out of luck, and even then the choices I have are very limited. Victoria secret only carries a DDD. It's extremely frustrating and sort of depressing. I get a lot of back pains, but I've found that yoga has helped a lot. I'm pretty secure with my body at this point in my life, but god damn, bra searching is a pain in the ass, and extremely expensive.

Leeness

Heh. :)

It kind of seems that no matter your size, you'll always have problems haha. My friend has issues finding bras (though she can still shop at La Senza and such), I have issues, you have issues, we all do! Haha.

Oooohhhh, it's fun to be a girl! It's fun to be a girl!

EDIT:
I'm a 34E-F :( (depending on the time of the month)Unless i go to a special fitting store, i'm out of luck, and even then the choices I have are very limited. Victoria secret only carries a DDD. It's extremely frustrating and sort of depressing. I get a lot of back pains, but I've found that yoga has helped a lot. I'm pretty secure with my body at this point in my life, but god damn, bra searching is a pain in the ass, and extremely expensive.

Omg, understand my pain. 32I here. If you have that store I linked above anywhere near you, it will be your favourite. I can get a VERY good bra now for $35 to $50, when it used to be $100+

But I totally understand the frustration and depression over it! I used to go to La Senza and get help and they'd be all "LET ME SEE IF I HAVE A 40DDD!! ONLY IN THIS FUGLY SIZE. Oh...you're still popping out. Sorry. That's as high as we make them." :(

Oh god, though, it was so mortifying getting measured when I found Change. I used to be a 34F when I was heavier and after losing a lot of weight... they got bigger. I didn't even know I's existed. D:

exhume

It kind of seems that no matter your size, you'll always have problems haha. My friend has issues finding bras (though she can still shop at La Senza and such), I have issues, you have issues, we all do! Haha.

This is fact! I'm an A-B and I have trouble finding anything comfortable. Bras just slip up and over 'em if you so much as raise your hand to wave down a cab.

EDIT:

Omg, understand my pain. 32I here. If you have that store I linked above anywhere near you, it will be your favourite. I can get a VERY good bra now for $35 to $50, when it used to be $100+

But I totally understand the frustration and depression over it! I used to go to La Senza and get help and they'd be all "LET ME SEE IF I HAVE A 40DDD!! ONLY IN THIS FUGLY SIZE. Oh...you're still popping out. Sorry. That's as high as we make them." :(

Oh god, though, it was so mortifying getting measured when I found Change. I used to be a 34F when I was heavier and after losing a lot of weight... they got bigger. I didn't even know I's existed. D:

Well, band size effects cup sizes as well. People freak ut when I say F, but that fact that I'm a 34 means its not the same cup, as say, a 36 F or even a 36 DDD. That fact alone makes me feel a bit better.

I'll definitely check the site out. Thanks :)

Leeness

Well, band size effects cup sizes as well. People freak ut when I say F, but that fact that I'm a 34 means its not the same cup, as say, a 36 F or even a 36 DDD. That fact alone makes me feel a bit better.

I'll definitely check the site out. Thanks :)

Oh yeah, I know the band and cup move up and down.

But I still can't do cheapie stores with a 40DDD. XD

Oh yeah, I know the band and cup move up and down.

But I still can't do cheapie stores with a 40DDD. XD

Hah. I totally do that with 36 DDs, if I'm lucky enough to find them at target. they are a really snug in the cup and loose in the band (so that it crawls up my back :(), BUT THEY ARE SO CHEAP

EDIT:

32...I?! I didn't know that size existed either... O_O Have you considered reduction? I hear it actually helps quite a bit. I'm also completely flabbergasted how yours increased in size after you lost weight. When I dropped my poundage I went from a generous C, low D, to a B now. I can't go without a bra, but I look down and wonder where the girls went. :p

I guess this is why you guys are ordering online :(

EDIT: It is fun to be a girl!

It's so... fun... Ag.

Inanna

Not pure anymore!
Mine used to go up and down with weight loss and gain. I was 34B originally but I used to be skeleton thin back then. After gaining a bit of weight I went from B to C, lost some again and went down to B. Two or so years ago I pit on a bit (a few kilos at best) and went up to 34D. Now though no matter if I gain or lose they have stayed the same but then again I don't think I want to be skeleton thin again like before so I've never really tried losing a lot of weight. I don't know if that's how it works with everybody because weight loss or gain doesn't affect some of my friends like it did with me. Weird how that works!

Leeness

32...I?! I didn't know that size existed either... O_O Have you considered reduction? I hear it actually helps quite a bit. I'm also completely flabbergasted how yours increased in size after you lost weight. When I dropped my poundage I went from a generous C, low D, to a B now. I can't go without a bra, but I look down and wonder where the girls went. :p

They don't even look that crazy (but I don't wear push ups. Last time I tried one on, then yeah...) and I thought maybe they had been measured wrong, but the consensus tends to sit between 32I, 34F/G, etc. And I know I just can't do anything less than 40DDD in La Senza size haha. I looked at reductions, but eep. They don't hurt me really, other than my terrible posture, haha.

You're flabbergasted? Guess how I felt? XD I lost 40lbs and was like "YEAH SURELY I CAN SHOP NORMAL BRAS NOW!!"... NOPE. Hahaha. I was a little resentful, to say the least, haha.

All I know is my 32I bras from Change are the only comfy, properly fitted bras I've ever worn. :')

Opiate

Regarding breasts, a question I'd never thought to ask until reading the last page: is there anything women can do to help keep them perkier as they age?

I suppose I'd just sort of assumed that, like other parts of the body women often focus on (triceps/arm flab, buttocks, etc) that breasts are something that you can help shape -- but then I hadn't considered that breasts are primarily adipose tissue. Do chest exercises help at all, or is time's march inexorable in this case?

Regarding breasts, a question I'd never thought to ask until reading the last page: is there anything women can do to help keep them perkier as they age?

I suppose I'd just sort of assumed that, like other parts of the body women often focus on (triceps/arm flab, buttocks, etc) that breasts are something that you can help shape -- but then I hadn't considered that breasts are primarily adipose tissue. Do chest exercises help at all, or is time's march inexorable in this case?

I'm kinda interested too. I've heard mixed things about push ups and other chest exercises. Some say they do make them perkier, others say they just build up the muscle underneath while reducing the fat on top (which isn't great either).

Push-ups help keep them perky in general, so I'd assume they help as women age.

CleverGirl

Neo Member
I've read that to keep your breasts perky, you can have to keep your chest muscles toned as you age. By doing exercises, like lightweight bench presses on your back, and pectoral flyes you can keep the chest muscles strong. Keep your weight from fluctuating too much and keep your breasts well moisturized, especially in the sun.

It's Wikipedia, but I found this informative. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ptosis_(breasts)
Push-ups help keep them perky in general, so I'd assume they help as women age.
It doesn't seem like there is any factual evidence to support this.

Prax

I'd figure it's just gravity pulling/stretching the skin on the top over the mean years that leads to sag, much like a contracture that can happen if you leave your limbs immobile for too long. The only way to prevent that is to wear bras to keep your breasts up all the time so the skin/tissues stay tight. Exercises can probably help to tighten up some looseness (due to fat), but I don't see why it would really perk the breasts besides giving better posture.

No the exercise ;_;.
Why the tears? I misinterpreted you.
ibbZvBTLVovxqj.gif

Zoe

I'd like to think my chest muscles are fairly strong, and they have done absolutely nothing for me as far as sagging goes.

CleverGirl

Neo Member
Fat sags. If you're above an A-cup then I think you just have to accept what age does. There's only so much you can do, short of plastic surgery.

They don't even look that crazy (but I don't wear push ups. Last time I tried one on, then yeah...) and I thought maybe they had been measured wrong, but the consensus tends to sit between 32I, 34F/G, etc. And I know I just can't do anything less than 40DDD in La Senza size haha. I looked at reductions, but eep. They don't hurt me really, other than my terrible posture, haha.

You're flabbergasted? Guess how I felt? XD I lost 40lbs and was like "YEAH SURELY I CAN SHOP NORMAL BRAS NOW!!"... NOPE. Hahaha. I was a little resentful, to say the least, haha.

All I know is my 32I bras from Change are the only comfy, properly fitted bras I've ever worn. :')

;_; I'm sorry. It might be something that insurance will cover if a doctor finds that it's causing you back pain/general discomfort. I'd look into that. I do feel like I've kind of lucked out on the chest thing (going smaller) when all the women in my family are DD and up. I remember hating it so much in high school because I played so many sports and they just get in the way. >_<

Hmm... Aside from what everyone else has mentioned, I do hear that using certain kinds of moisturizer will help keep the skin in good shape/more elastic over time. But as CleverGirl said, there's only so much that can be done without surgery. :(

Hi everyone. I hope this is okay but I really need some advice. I'll put it under spoiler tags for gross body stuff.

Today I woke up and developed a strange, sharp pain in my lower abdomen. It got worse over time until I eventually threw up, then it went away. A couple hours later I went to the bathroom only to discover that I was bleeding from my nether regions. That would be fine and dandy, except my last period only stopped about 2 weeks ago. I've always been pretty regular (a month between each time, give or take) but this is really worrying me now.

Should I go see someone?

Hi everyone. I hope this is okay but I really need some advice. I'll put it under spoiler tags for gross body stuff.

Today I woke up and developed a strange, sharp pain in my lower abdomen. It got worse over time until I eventually threw up, then it went away. A couple hours later I went to the bathroom only to discover that I was bleeding from my nether regions. That would be fine and dandy, except my last period only stopped about 2 weeks ago. I've always been pretty regular (a month between each time, give or take) but this is really worrying me now.

Should I go see someone?
See a doctor.

Should I go see someone?

Go to the ER now, sounds like a cyst.

Go to the ER now, sounds like a cyst.
I don't think I can do that right now... I'll try to go to the doctor in the morning but I'm 1600 miles from home and pretty much on my own. It's not hurting any more but I'm not sure about the bleeding. It feels like my period right now but I don't know... I did tell my Mother though and she passed it off as stress (I've been sick lately and had a really bad week last week).

EviLore

Expansive Ellipses
Staff Member
Can you at least go to an urgent care facility? It's better to be safe than sorry.

Yep, urgent care is the way to go when you either don't want to wait or you're not near your primary care physician. Usually a flat rate to see a doctor and you can just walk in. Also about 1% as expensive as going to the ER, if you're not insured.

Yeah, the school's clinic isn't open on weekends and the local one that was opened on Sunday closed at 5. I will definitely try to go to the clinic first thing in the morning though. I'm still okay for right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom