• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GirlGAF |OT 2| Shall I Compare Thee to a Summer's Eve?

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
Just grinding my face off with work and getting wedding stuff together. I have my dress fitting on Friday. I've been told I'm not allowed to gain or lose any weight after that's done. I'm drinking a beer in retaliation. :p

And you, Khaleesi?

I was probably in the best shape of my life on my wedding day (at least since my high school days), definitely won't fit in that same tux now. It'll be 10 years next month, though the 2 kids since then also had a lot to do with not getting as much exercise as I should, lol.

Are you getting married? Congrats! I've been watching a lot of Say Yes to the Dress lately and I really want to go for my own fitting, but alas. Here I am, single and eating a bowl of Cinnamon Toast Crunch. Beer is a good choice though. My favorite drink!

I've been doing well. On spring break this week, and I have a shit ton of stuff to do that I've been putting off. But what else is new, I guess. :p

In May. :) Honestly, caring about the details is beyond me right now, but I suppose the dress should fit. I got it at a second time around wedding store and it's a neat mix off new and old fashioned. A bit more vavoom than I'd usually go for, but might as well go all out if it's a wedding, right?

You should have a beer too, and post pictures of desirable partners for studyour amusement.

I was probably in the best shape of my life on my wedding day (at least since my high school days), definitely won't fit in that same tux now. It'll be 10 years next month, though the 2 kids since then also had a lot to do with not getting as much exercise as I should, lol.

10 years?! Wow. Congrats! I don't know how anyone stays in shape with kids, to be honest. My niece is a handful and she's just one.

I'm in OK shape now, but I'm hoping to tone my arms and back a bit before the ceremony. I don't usually wear strapless dresses, and you really feel under the microscope, so I want to look as best I can. Scaaaaary.

yo so like, having an irregular period really sucks.

:/

For you:

tumblr_n1ir9sJ7v71qk6h39o1_500.jpg

And here's another one:

tumblr_n1yyj8NCxw1rmmwkio1_500.png

In May. :) Honestly, caring about the details is beyond me right now, but I suppose the dress should fit. I got it at a second time around wedding store and it's a neat mix off new and old fashioned. A bit more vavoom than I'd usually go for, but might as well go all out if it's a wedding, right?

You should have a beer too, and post pictures of desirable partners for studyour amusement.

I'd have one, but I want to save the booze I have for this weekend. There's a St. Patty's day parade and we're all getting trashed. Should be fun.

If I were to post desirable partners, this place would be filled with Chris Hemsworth. I'm trying to get the attention of this cute guy I know, but nothing seems to be taking. Ah well.

P.S. Post pics of your dress when you can!

can the goddess pls visit??? i wouldn't mind the pain, i promise.

Uh oh, Kisaya. Is there some reason you're so anxious for a visit? :3

I'd have one, but I want to save the booze I have for this weekend. There's a St. Patty's day parade and we're all getting trashed. Should be fun.

If I were to post desirable partners, this place would be filled with Chris Hemsworth. I'm trying to get the attention of this cute guy I know, but nothing seems to be taking. Ah well.

P.S. Post pics of your dress when you can!

Ooooooh, good call. St. Patty's day is a liver-killer. You'll definitely want to be operating at 100% for that. Such a fun day.

For the dress, I do have some pre-fitted pics (held up by pins and hands...)! The shop was really cool and had all these '40s and '50s style dresses to try on.

mXpe6jP.jpg

The back has all these little button thingies and the side has an asymmetrical train. I'm not super keen on the flower thing holding it up, but I like the overall design. We're thinking of maybe a black sash or ribbon to give it a little contrast and tie in with my bridesmaids (in black).

jDRcZq5.jpg
Bjc0UmF.jpg

Once you snag Chris Hemsworth, I recommend going to one of these second wedding places too. Really great prices, neat designs, and waaaay better material than the shit I tried on at David's Bridal. :D

Additionally, Mr. Hemsworth can go shirtless for his part at your wedding.

hngZp4u.jpg

:O congrats! You're not having the wedding in Adelaide are you? Because that would be so pretty, especially if you could have it at one of the wineries. The dress looks fantastic, by the way.

Uh oh, Kisaya. Is there some reason you're so anxious for a visit? :3

Ooooooh, good call. St. Patty's day is a liver-killer. You'll definitely want to be operating at 100% for that. Such a fun day.

For the dress, I do have some pre-fitted pics (held up by pins and hands...)! The shop was really cool and had all these '40s and '50s style dresses to try on.

mXpe6jP.jpg

The back has all these little button thingies and the side has an asymmetrical train. I'm not super keen on the flower thing holding it up, but I like the overall design. We're thinking of maybe a black sash or ribbon to give it a little contrast and tie in with my bridesmaids (in black).

jDRcZq5.jpg
Bjc0UmF.jpg

Once you snag Chris Hemsworth, I recommend going to one of these second wedding places too. Really great prices, neat designs, and waaaay better material than the shit I tried on at David's Bridal. :D

hngZp4u.jpg

I love your dress! This might sound weird but I think you have a great figure for it. It's very elegant too, and I can see a lot of that old school flair in it. It's very beautiful and looks great on you. I think a sash would look wonderful on it.

And OMG that Hemsworth picture

Tash

mXpe6jP.jpg

jDRcZq5.jpg
Bjc0UmF.jpg

hngZp4u.jpg

Verrrry prrrretty <3

Why not stick him in a pair of budgie smugglers and be done with it? Maximise eye candy potential that's what I say.

7xMGhu0.jpg

Yes... I could certainly see this in a smaller bottom. Tuxedo black, of course.

:O congrats! You're not having the wedding in Adelaide are you? Because that would be so pretty, especially if you could have it at one of the wineries. The dress looks fantastic, by the way.

Thanks, Shan. They're going to snug it up tomorrow, so fingers crossed for a proper fit. These strapless things are really hard to hold up when you don't have much going on up top...

For the wedding, since we're going to live in Australia (VISA willing), the wedding is taking place in Connecticut. It's a bit of a struggle to organize, but it seemed fairest to do it that way for the side that didn't get the permanent residents. We'll definitely be doing a reception type thing when we get back to Aus, though, and I like your winery idea. I like it a lot... :D

I love your dress! This might sound weird but I think you have a great figure for it. It's very elegant too, and I can see a lot of that old school flair in it. It's very beautiful and looks great on you. I think a sash would look wonderful on it.

And OMG that Hemsworth picture

Thanks, WAMD! It's reassuring to hear that. No one's really seen it except my mom and sister, so it's been in the back of my head that maybe I picked something totally weird. All I can see are those bridal shows that my mom likes to watch when she comes over now and how everyone makes a face at the gown the bride likes. Pressssssssure.

Fingers crossed for the black sash working. I think it'll dispel a bit of that virginal white aura. :p Weddings are funny that way.

And, Hemsworth. Awwww yiss. I tend to prefer leaner, defined guys, but I admit that I will buy anything he is selling. Mmmm beef cake. Much muscle. Such wow.

Verrrry prrrretty <3

:D Thanks, Tash! Hoping it'll all come together. It seems way more complicated than I anticipated. The hair...

sploatee

formerly Oynox Slider
You look amazing, H Pro. :) I have to throw in that this pic made me think you had Bravely Default feet. ^_^

I don't know you, but it's a gorgeous dress. I think it really suits you. :)

(and I didn't want to say anything in case they were your feet, I didn't know if you were differently abled)

Mistel

Banned
So what do you do with a wedding dress after a wedding? I mean it's not like you can wear it everyday, does it get a viking funeral or something?

I know nothing of marriage and weddings.

My dream boyfriend though?

ELLE-photoshoot-josh-hutcherson-28912006-355-517.jpg

Hnnnngh

How can I properly ogle your dream boyfriend with a broken image? :(

Kinda but not what you're thinking x(

You're so beautiful btw :((((((((

#^_^# Thanks, kisaya. Feel a bit silly in it, but glad you guys think it looks good. Weddings seem like one massive embarrassed blush...

Regarding the mother nature delay, everything OK? :( Just general wanting to get it over with?

You look amazing, H Pro. :) I have to throw in that this pic made me think you had Bravely Default feet. ^_^

Hahaha. Thanks, eudaemonic. I didn't even think about the stool, but it does look like I'm on stilts or something, huh? Bravely Default feet sounds cuter, though. :)

I don't know you, but it's a gorgeous dress. I think it really suits you. :)

(and I didn't want to say anything in case they were your feet, I didn't know if you were differently abled)

Cheers, sploatee and I'm dyin' over here because the more I look at it now, the weirder those stool legs seem. When trying on dresses, because the train is so long, they put you on a stool to see the full effect. That's why I look like a giant... on stilts. :D

H.Pro you looks amazing! :) You're gonna knock your hubby dead when you walk down the aisle.

Yay! Thanks, Leeness. He hasn't seen it yet, so I told him I'm wearing a blue tutu. Let him sweat it out until D-Day. (He refused to go shirtless for his part. Boo.)

So what do you do with a wedding dress after a wedding? I mean it's not like you can wear it everyday, does it get a viking funeral or something?

I know nothing of marriage and weddings.

Mmm... some people keep them, but those are the people who tend to buy $1000 dresses. I couldn't care less, so I got mine at the second hand store. It was $300ish (still thought that was a lot for a dress...), and maybe I'll be able to sell it back to them and continue the cycle of used but awesome dresses?

struggled with this shit for years. the pill really helped. but I can understand if you don't want that kind of "help"

glad to see h.pro going full princess :3

Does an irregular period cause some other kinds of problems? When I was heavy into sports it might come once every 2-3 months or so, but aside from the inconvenience of being surprised when it did, I don't remember any particular downsides.

Well, not full princess (thank god). This one below is full princess, and that's even without the under skirts hoops. My sister made me try on for laughs at David's Bridal. Couldn't fit through the damned changing room door unless I turned sideways. The attendant even recommended I pair it with... a tiara... -_-

CNRlJE4.jpg

Does an irregular period cause some other kinds of problems? When I was heavy into sports it might come once every 2-3 months or so, but aside from the inconvenience of being surprised when it did, I don't remember any particular downsides.

well for me the pain level also differed a lot everytime. like from soft breeze to hulk punching you in the guts.

The attendant even recommended I pair it with... a tiara... -_-

CNRlJE4.jpg

awww. tbh i would have gone for that. the whole deal.

well for me the pain level also differed a lot everytime. like from soft breeze to hulk punching you in the guts.

Oh, really? I never used to get much of anything till I hit 25 and then BAM, like a knife twisted in my regions. It sounds way worse for you guys, though. :( Mother Nature is a bitch. It is known. Are there any other options besides hormone pills? I mean, regular sex is supposed to help with that too, but outside of those two options is there anything else that can be done? Diet maybe?

And, you want to go full princess, tiara and all? Haha. I couldn't pull it off, but I bet you could. Show me your ideal dress pick. Would you go white? Veil? Flower crown?! :D

Oh, really? I never used to get much of anything till I hit 25 and then BAM, like a knife twisted in my regions. It sounds way worse for you guys, though. :( Mother Nature is a bitch. It is known. Are there any other options besides hormone pills? I mean, regular sex is supposed to help with that too, but outside of those two options is there anything else that can be done? Diet maybe?

And, you want to go full princess, tiara and all? Haha. I couldn't pull it off, but I bet you could. Show me your ideal dress pick. Would you go white? Veil? Flower crown?! :D

hm I bet there are certain things you could eat but I have no idea :S

haha oh now you got me fantazising. I think I said before I'm not the wedding type of gal..but all that princess stuff <3 I think you pulled that dress off very well btw!
I'd probably pick something with a lof of lace and/or a corset top. long ass veil too, but nothing in front of the face, that must be kinda annoying.
something like this maybe *-* edit: great, now I want to get married just to wear all this stuff :D if I had to pick a complete outfit I'd probably go with the veil in the first pic, the third dress and the flower crown :3

haha oh now you got me fantazising. I think I said before I'm not the wedding type of gal..but all that princess stuff <3 I think you pulled that dress off very well btw!
I'd probably pick something with a lof of lace and/or a corset top. long ass veil too, but nothing in front of the face, that must be kinda annoying.
something like this maybe *-* edit: great, now I want to get married just to wear all this stuff :D if I had to pick a complete outfit I'd probably go with the veil in the first pic, the third dress and the flower crown :3

I admit, it was kind of fun looking at this stuff. And cheers, but I think I'll leave the princessy stuff to you. :)

However, the gowns you've picked don't seem 'princessy' to me at all! They're really elegant and stylish. The one my sister wanted me to try was 'Disney' princess-esque. I like the ones you picked out much better. I love the veil on the second woman. She looks like a Spanish queen. Very royal. And that dress on the third one... *_* Victorian-ish yet... totally '40s movie star at the same time. I feel like you'd need to be really tall to pull someof these off, though.

If that's the style you're keen on, second hand is the way to go. The older dresses had a lot going on in the back that I didn't see in the more modern ones.

E5IqR7h.jpg

halter-wedding-gown-back.jpg

And woooooo on flower/nature crowns. I like the woodland-esque on the red head. Thinking of doing something similar for mine.

Maybe:

cNwsr6Al.jpg

(I really like the blue/purple)

or

Since it's a summery wedding.

I'll just post the fixed link here

Josh-Hutcherson-on-Playing-Peeta_articleimage-300x300.jpg

You're all invited to our wedding

Well, hellooooo there. :D

I admit, it was kind of fun looking at this stuff. And cheers, but I think I'll leave the princessy stuff to you. :)

However, the gowns you've picked don't seem 'princessy' to me at all! They're really elegant and stylish. The one my sister wanted me to try was 'Disney' princess-esque. I like the ones you picked out much better. I love the veil on the second woman. She looks like a Spanish queen. Very royal. And that dress on the third one... *_* Victorian-ish yet... totally '40s movie star at the same time. I feel like you'd need to be really tall to pull someof these off, though.

If that's the style you're keen on, second hand is the way to go. The older dresses had a lot going on in the back that I didn't see in the more modern ones.

E5IqR7h.jpg

And woooooo on flower/nature crowns. I like the woodland-esque on the red head. Thinking of doing something similar for mine.

Maybe:

cNwsr6Al.jpg

(I really like the blue/purple)
second hand seems cool indeed :)
and wow a the flower crown *______* please do this°

Yeah me too :p pretty much the only day you CAN wear a tiara and look like a cake. I'm not passing that up!

Mmm... some people keep them, but those are the people who tend to buy $1000 dresses. I couldn't care less, so I got mine at the second hand store. It was $300ish (still thought that was a lot for a dress...), and maybe I'll be able to sell it back to them and continue the cycle of used but awesome dresses?
mm, honestly second hand seems like the way to go. You get such a beautiful variety of dresses that you just don't see in formal wear stores that all stock the same kinds of dresses, and it's much cheaper than getting something custom made. At least, that was my experience getting a formal dress anyway. My mum was pretty keen on saving money and I protested all the way into this dress that ended up fitting perfectly and looking a bazzillion times better than anything I tried on at formal stores.

Maybe I'm just overly sentimental but I think you should keep it.

sploatee

formerly Oynox Slider

Last pic rules! So simple and classy.

No wedding dresses for us, we've decided to get married on our honeymoon in private on a beach somewhere. Im kind of sad seeing all these purdy dresses but Im far too easily stressed (and far too shy) to deal with it all. Hell, I get stressed out buying socks :-D

ugh I ran into this weird person today. me and my SO is travelling through UK, and this person butted into our conversation out of nowhere and said, "do you guys live together?" and when we said yes, he said, "how come you still have so much to say to each other? my wife and I don't even talk that much. you guys are weird."

He thinks we are not an item, obviously. He thinks we are friends. Because, apparently, people who live together cannot possibly have continuous interest in conversing with each other. Then I said that we are a pair and his reply was, "That's abnormal."

THANKS DUDE FOR REMINDING ME THAT A GIRL DATING A GIRL IS AN ~unnatural~ THING.

graah

sorry for caps. had to vent.

sploatee

formerly Oynox Slider
ugh I ran into this weird person today. me and my SO is travelling through UK, and this person butted into our conversation out of nowhere and said, "do you guys live together?" and when we said yes, he said, "how come you still have so much to say to each other? my wife and I don't even talk that much. you guys are weird."

He thinks we are not an item, obviously. He thinks we are friends. Because, apparently, people who live together cannot possibly have continuous interest in conversing with each other. Then I said that we are a pair and his reply was, "That's abnormal."

graah

Sometimes real life needs an ignore button.

Mistel

Banned

graah
What a strange person, how vile a thing to say to someone.

meow

I'm so, so sorry to post this here but I can't make threads and there isn't any other community I've ever posted in. I just really need to get some feedback/response from people a bit removed from me, etc (also I've seen cat owners post in here, I think).

My cat is scheduled to be put to sleep in 5 hours.

She's just about 14 years old, and she got really sick over the past week. Started refusing to eat, we tried for a few days to tempt her with all sorts of different foods, meat, even baby food but she ate less each day. She had trouble standing/walking, spent most of her time in "meatloaf" position, and was generally extremely lethargic. At one point, she fell over and that when we took her to the emergency center, where they kept her overnight on IV and did a bunch of tests. Her bloodwork and urine analysis came back fine (I originally suspected some sort of kidney failure), but they did xrays and found an abdominal mass. Also, when we took her to our primary vet for a followup, she said her spleen didn't feel right at all.

The specialist wanted to do an ultrasound, but it cost about $400 and we had already spent over $1k the past week. Our family had a discussion and the thing is, the ultrasound is only for further diagnostic purposes -- the emergency vet was very careful to say that they weren't even sure if it would be treatable. I'm in school currently and if this happened a year out when I already knew whether I had a job after graduation, I probably would have gone for it but I just can't afford it at the moment (I mean, I can probably manage the ultrasound, but there's no way I could get surgery or chemo or anything like that). I feel like I'm abandoning my cat who's been there for me for over half my life and it is the worst feeling in the world.

She was much better the morning after the IV but that only lasted about a day, and she went downhill again from there. She also seems to want to eat (though her appetite is basically gone, she doesn't go looking for food, I have to bring it to her and hand feed), but has trouble getting her food in, though the vet checked and said there was nothing wrong with her mouth/teeth. Yesterday, she basically stayed curled in a corner, and she's pretty obviously in distress as she purrs a lot, moans when you pet her, and cries if you try to pick her up. She's also having trouble even picking herself up to turn around. She was given subcutaneous fluids but they didn't help, and I can't keep her on IV all the time. Our vet and I had discussed euthanasia as the vet could tell that she was not feeling well at all (she usually tries to run/escape from the vet, yesterday she just lay on the exam table with her head in my hand), and it was breaking my heart to see her so I made the appointment yesterday. I've been crying basically the entire past week and I feel terrible and I don't know if I'm making the right decision. :(

Thanks for reading.

Oh wow, that's so heartbreaking. I wouldn't know what to do either in your situation :(

I think if you trust your vet and that it will spare your cat enormous pain, maybe euthanasia would be the more humane option. But ;_;.... I can only offer you internet hugs ;_;

oh, thank you all for your words of care, too :)

second hand seems cool indeed :)
and wow a the flower crown *______* please do this°

Going to try! Wedding could probably use some color...

Hollywood glam and the flower crown would be perfection,

It does look really pretty. Not sure if I want to make my own or scour Etsy. Matching smaller pieces for the bridesmaids would be fun too.

Yeah me too :p pretty much the only day you CAN wear a tiara and look like a cake. I'm not passing that up!

mm, honestly second hand seems like the way to go. You get such a beautiful variety of dresses that you just don't see in formal wear stores that all stock the same kinds of dresses, and it's much cheaper than getting something custom made. At least, that was my experience getting a formal dress anyway. My mum was pretty keen on saving money and I protested all the way into this dress that ended up fitting perfectly and looking a bazzillion times better than anything I tried on at formal stores.

Maybe I'm just overly sentimental but I think you should keep it.

I might. I just don't know what would be done with it. It's not like I think any of my children would wear it (if I had any) or that I'd whip it out to review some fond memories. It would sit in the closet, just being. My sister kept hers and this is exactly what it does and she's ridiculously sentimental. I dunno. Maybe I'm just dead inside. :D

Flower headpieces are amazing. I definitely want to use one at mine.

I think they're really pretty. I haven't seen one at any wedding I've gone to yet, but my venue is sort of castle-y, so it's be appropriate, I hope.

Last pic rules! So simple and classy.

No wedding dresses for us, we've decided to get married on our honeymoon in private on a beach somewhere. Im kind of sad seeing all these purdy dresses but Im far too easily stressed (and far too shy) to deal with it all. Hell, I get stressed out buying socks :-D

Aww, but that's really sweet and memorable too. And, silly party fun aside, the dress/wedding event thing does feel really stressful and overly complicated. You probably did it right. ;)

I'm easy really, mine aren't exactly many.

I can't imagine what it's like to want to get married, maybe it's an older person thing, 17 is far too young for marriage to even be thought about...

maybe it's an older person thing

it's an older person thing

older person

;_;

It's true.

I'm so sorry about all this. My older cat kind of went a similar way, and I couldn't even do anything except give my sister money for a procedure that wouldn't cure her, just make her more comfortable. In the end, sometimes that's all you can do in good conscious. Prolonging a pet's life because you can't let go even when they're in pain, is just as bad sometimes. I know this post is too late if she's already undergone the procedure, but it sounds like you've been there for her every step of the way, and I'm sure she knows she was loved. My condolences.

http://www.shaenon.com/ladygaming.html

http://www.shaenon.com/ladygaming.jpg[img][/QUOTE]

So effin' true. -_- Love the way they worked in the IndieStatik guy assholery.

My birthday is coming up and I'd like to get it done with before then :/

I totally would but it'd give me a lot of drama at home, and I unfortunately don't have any privacy :s
that sucks :/ but you wouldn't really have to tell them. it's your personal decision and all.
Going to try! Wedding could probably use some color...

It does look really pretty. Not sure if I want to make my own or scour Etsy. Matching smaller pieces for the bridesmaids would be fun too.

keep us updated :3

Mistel

Banned
This Terry Richardson thing is werid, I mean I like his work but no one should do what he did. It is just wrong to do that...

That thread made my skin crawl. Especially that skype chat. Really brought back memories of dudes being creepy and having no idea how to respond and kicking myself for not speaking up or spitting in their fucking faces afterwards. Surely there must be something that fucker can be charged with.

Top Bottom