• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GirlGAF |OT 2| Shall I Compare Thee to a Summer's Eve?

Leeness

I'm in a relationship and my boyfriend knows that I'm ace; his brother told him and he never pressured me to do anything which is what makes him perfect.

Oh nifty :O

I'd like a "boyfriend" if they wouldn't want to have sex lol. Ah well. I'm good either way haha.

Nice to know others are out there :) DatingAge never believes me haha

Kisaya

I was talking with some coworkers the other day about buying clothing online. I mentioned that I was going to buy some new jeans pretty soon; I had made a promise to myself that if I exercised everyday (nothing too strenuous, literally just getting off the couch and moving around a bit), I could buy myself some nice, expensive pants.

I received a very confused look and a, "Why do you even bother working out? You're skinny enough as it is!" Followed by the coworkers having a mutual rant about how fat they are and how hard it is to buy clothes and find time to exercise.

It just kind of confused me that they actually thought the only purpose of exercise is to lose fat. Also, dat backhanded compliment tho.

I didn't dare mention that I'm actually trying to cut down a little more before summer.

I get this all the time with my coworkers. Really annoying trying to get advice for cutting back / working out and people just dismiss you and tell you that you don't need to do a thing cuz ur "too skinny" >_>

Kimaka

I get this all the time with my coworkers. Really annoying trying to get advice for cutting back / working out and people just dismiss you and tell you that you don't need to do a thing cuz ur "too skinny" >_>

I get a similar vibe from my family and coworkers. Yeah, I'm smaller than most but that doesn't stop me from feeling gross because I am heavier than what I am used to or that I am overweight. Then I feel bad for talking about cutting back or exercising around them since my weight could be worse.

Aiustis

I'm not too concerned with my weight, but I have to maintain my 15% body fat. I actually take being called skinny as an insult because it's a terrible indicator of a well maintained body. There are plenty of skinny people that have disgustingly high fat percentages.

Pau

I was always told I was too skinny to be a "real woman."

I should exercise to see if it's possible to get a butt. :(

Hi GirlGAF, if anyone has maybe twenty minutes or less to spare, my girlfriend needs a bit of help. She is finishing up data collection for her psychology doctoral dissertation, and needs a few more responses to a survey about women’s identity and activism.

The purpose of this study is to better understand the effect that engaging in social activism has on women’s well-being and how personal identity affects this relationship. The survey includes questions about demographic information, activist behaviors, well-being, and personal identity. The survey is expected to take approximately 20 minutes to complete.
[…]
This survey is anonymous. However, you are invited to include your email address at the end of the survey in order to be entered into a random drawing for one of three $25 gift cards. Your email address will be removed from the data prior to analysis.

https://chatham.qualtrics.com/SE/?SID=SV_9MFCckGryUllxVb

I thought I should post it here since the survey is only supposed to be taken by women. Don’t sweat it if you aren’t interested or don’t have time, but believe me it’s VERY appreciated if you do.

someday

Banned
Hi GirlGAF, if anyone has maybe twenty minutes or less to spare, my girlfriend needs a bit of help. She is finishing up data collection for her psychology doctoral dissertation, and needs a few more responses to a survey about women’s identity and activism.

I thought I should post it here since the survey is only supposed to be taken by women. Don’t sweat it if you aren’t interested or don’t have time, but believe me it’s VERY appreciated if you do.
I did it.

I'll do it when I get home

Mistel

Banned

I'll do it later after I kill Ornstein and Smough.

Pau

Done. :)

Surveys like that are always weird though. I feel like my answers have so many contradictions. It'd be nice to explain a bit about them. I do think one thing that maybe should have been asked was citizenship/alien status? Because one of the reasons I kept saying no to political stuff is because of my status as not being allowed to vote or fearing deportation. :/

someday

Banned

Surveys like that are always weird though. I feel like my answers have so many contradictions. It'd be nice to explain a bit about them. I do think one thing that maybe should have been asked was citizenship/alien status? Because one of the reasons I kept saying no to political stuff is because of my status as not being allowed to vote or fearing deportation. :/
I felt the same way about the contradictions. Some of the questions as written required a more nuanced answer. It's hard to convey beliefs when they're not all or nothing, if that makes sense.

I felt the same way about the contradictions. Some of the questions as written required a more nuanced answer. It's hard to convey beliefs when they're not all or nothing, if that makes sense.

Thanks! I'll pass along all of that feedback, too, as those are great points.

I'll do it later after I kill Ornstein and Smough.

My favorite boss in the game
even if it always takes me like fifteen tries no matter how many times I've killed them.

Mistel

Banned
My favorite boss in the game
even if it always takes me like fifteen tries no matter how many times I've killed them.
Did the survey, O&S dead on second solo attempt. Gwynevre I do like that amazing view. My knightess looks like Tarkus, his armor is great and not too heavy.

Did the survey, O&S dead on second solo attempt. Gwynevre I do like that amazing view. My knightess looks like Tarkus, his armor is great and not too heavy.

Wow that was quick. I think I was stuck on them for several days when I first played the game. Thanks again for taking the survey!

Mistel

Banned
Wow that was quick. I think I was stuck on them for several days when I first played the game. Thanks again for taking the survey!
I've spent like 8 or so hours farming for souls before I did it, upgrades aren't cheap. I did the survey as I killed the hellkite dragon.

Twas a long survey. I finished it though...only took me a few hours.

Notsureifserious.jpg - but either way I hope it wasn't too bad, and we really appreciate it! :)

I've spent like 8 or so hours farming for souls before I did it, upgrades aren't cheap. I did the survey as I killed the hellkite dragon.

Last few times I played through, I have found that they can't handle homing crystal soul mass and so I abuse that, though I've also beaten them melee only and found it much harder. I've only managed to beat hellkite by using the safe spot near its foot.

Really wish the souls games had a replay boss mode that unlocked after you beat them or something.

Mistel

Banned
Last few times I played through, I have found that they can't handle homing crystal soul mass and so I abuse that, though I've also beaten them melee only and found it much harder. I've only managed to beat hellkite by using the safe spot near its foot.

Really wish the souls games had a replay boss mode that unlocked after you beat them or something.
I've been using the claymore +10 and a grass crest shield +5 and it took about less then ten minutes whilst two handing it and dodging everywhere in full black iron armor +3. Hellkite i just used a dragon slayer great bow with that bit below the bridge dead in ten arrows.

I've been going strength and dexterity along with endurance and vitality for my knight lady. I wouldn't mind a replay mode but still It's fun.

I just built a new PC. I feel so nerdly powerful right now. Come at me.

I have a question. Gushers vs. Fruit Roll Ups vs Fruit By the Foot?

I just realized that I can buy fruit snacks as an adult and it's blowing my mind up.

lol, I was never allowed fruit roll ups as a kid. My mum bought me dried apricots to compensate, not the same though :(
I was talking with some coworkers the other day about buying clothing online. I mentioned that I was going to buy some new jeans pretty soon; I had made a promise to myself that if I exercised everyday (nothing too strenuous, literally just getting off the couch and moving around a bit), I could buy myself some nice, expensive pants.

I received a very confused look and a, "Why do you even bother working out? You're skinny enough as it is!" Followed by the coworkers having a mutual rant about how fat they are and how hard it is to buy clothes and find time to exercise.

It just kind of confused me that they actually thought the only purpose of exercise is to lose fat. Also, dat backhanded compliment tho.

I didn't dare mention that I'm actually trying to cut down a little more before summer.
Uggh, I feel you. The worst thing is when other people are talking about exercise or cutting back on sweets but the moment I say "yeah I'm trying to stop eating dessert/go to my martial arts class more" everyone gets upset. I wanna feel healthy and fit, I'm not saying it to be offensive or complainy :S

My stomach always bloats up after eating bread or rice. Decided to cut out grains :B
lol, well I basically live off bread and rice. Might try cutting back a bit.
Don't trust your perception, use a tape measure.
Good idea, will do.
Exactly I find redheads extremely attractive. Elle Alexandra, Scarlet Faye and Pepper Kester are definitely my favorites...
haha. I am personally more of a Blondes gal, but redheads will always have a special place in my heart :3

Kimaka

I just realized that I can buy fruit snacks as an adult and it's blowing my mind up.

Fruit Roll Ups but I'm not a big fan of any of them. They get stuck in your teeth too easily.

Buying whatever you want is one of the best things about being an adult. When I first moved out, I used to stock up on Reese's cereal. Though, I got a few comments asking if they were for my kids (dont have any) lol.

Aiustis

Went to Costco and got a 40 box of Fruit by the Foot. Ate it all in about an hour. Fruit by the Foot is my favorite. Gushers are almost as good. I really miss Dunkaroos.

Went to Costco and got a 40 box of Fruit by the Foot. Ate it all in about an hour. Fruit by the Foot is my favorite. Gushers are almost as good. I really miss Dunkaroos.

Have you looked for them? BJ's wholesale has them by me. They're a lot harder to find than they used to be.

Best part about Gushers or Fruit by the Foot is that I would just get all of it and just shove it in the back of my mouth. I liked the way it felt on my gums.

Weird, I know.

Mistel

Banned
haha. I am personally more of a Blondes gal, but redheads will always have a special place in my heart :3
I don't really like blondes never felt anything for them. But if they're perverse enough I might make an exception.

I've go no idea what any of these fruit things you're talking about are.

Aiustis

Have you looked for them? BJ's wholesale has them by me. They're a lot harder to find than they used to be.

I'm pretty sure if I looked hard enough, it would be fruitful, but it's essentially just animal crackers and icing so, with me being sugar addict, it's probably best if I don't

sploatee

formerly Oynox Slider
Living in the UK, I have no idea about these fruit things. But these are nice:

HB098059_R_H200W000.gif

Yoghurt coating is delicious.

Aiustis

Living in the UK, I have no idea about these fruit things. But these are nice:

HB098059_R_H200W000.gif

Yoghurt coating is delicious.

awwws

Does anyone else remember how the store brand fruit snacks used to be the best tasting? They essentially tasted a lot like fruit roll ups and they were textured more like swedish fish and less like gummy bears.

I'm pretty sure if I looked hard enough, it would be fruitful, but it's essentially just animal crackers and icing so, with me being sugar addict, it's probably best if I don't

I don't know if you want me saying this but teddy grahams with a can of icing is an amazing dunkaroos replacement! :D

Leeness

You da best, thanks for the link <3

No problem :)

A lot of my young conceptions of sex & relationships were shaped through reading Dan Savage's Savage Love column, which is like a much dirtier and wiser Dear Abby written by a gay man, and something I distinctively remember was the theory he kicked around that many long-term relationships fell apart because one of the members was so disinterested in sex as to probably actually be asexual.

When I was an impressionable youth and everyone around me was fucking like rabbits [so it seemed], I, being the overthinking teenager I was, was tempted to place myself in such a category - but I think my libido had really not kicked in yet, and I was[/] reading a delightfully graphic weekly column on sexytimes which possibly warped my perception of exactly how much action other people got. However, like many ideas introduced to me by that column e.g. the mutability of sexuality, asexuality as a real phenomenon is one of the things that has stuck with me since.

But, I wouldn't worry too much about whether dating age believes you or not, tbh. :p Asexuality is another one of those concepts people have difficulty understanding because it requires, I suppose, a measure of empathy and imagination in order to picture someone with circumstances and feelings other than your own. It's not something they're familiar with, so they don't really take it seriously.

DatingAge is silly. Haha but I like them because I hung out there when I was confused and thought I wanted to date. :D oh well.

I guess sexuality is pretty fluid. It's cool that that was what stuck with you. Thank you for your thoughts :)

sploatee

formerly Oynox Slider
mmmm, yummie.
I love to make my own healthy snack: Dried Goji Berries covered in Dark chocolate :D

Yum!

-

I meant to say this before about the sexuality fluid (not fluids!) discussion - I think some people are perma-confused. I know that's how I feel (and I've been in a same sex relationship for 11 years). Society loves categories but they just don't work most of the time. If I have to, I say 'queer' rather than lesbian as it feels less restrictive.

Top Bottom