• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GirlGAF |OT 2| Shall I Compare Thee to a Summer's Eve?

Kimaka

http://31.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lioedsDohv1qzkrfxo1_500.gif
http://images.gameskinny.com/gameskinny/4b129512ec19f552d7dfe14d3015f577.jpg
http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/7/78977/1686497-wp_dante3.jpg

Very rarely can there be male objectification because they'll still be badasses and have more qualities than just what someone find sexy. It must be really rare there is a male character that is only known for a body feature.

I tend to agree. The closest example I can think of are bishonen characters but that is very specific to gaming and anime. They still have a hell of a lot more character than their female counterpoints but I've noticed that a lot of straight male gamers find them off-putting. The main complaints I've seen against post-PSX Final Fantasy games is that their main characters are too pretty and not manly enough.

Speaking of Final Fantasy...

But... Lin...

tumblr_n2pvxunzta1r66da3o5_500.jpg

tumblr_n2pvxunzta1r66da3o1_500.jpg

tumblr_n2pvxunzta1r66da3o2_500.jpg

tumblr_n2pvxunzta1r66da3o3_500.jpg

tumblr_n2pvxunzta1r66da3o4_500.jpg

For you, chica:

tumblr_n37pgrvRch1qcczt7o1_500.jpg

That Big Bang Theory video with Tidus replacing the laugh track has made me like him more and that laugh scene. Its so bad its good. I just imagine Tidus on the couch watching tv and slapping his knee while he laughs.

There's an image (I can't find it for the life of me) where someone named Tidus "Meg Ryan".

I know Spoony did a LP of FFX where he named Tidus that (can't find an image either). It was probably from that.

:> tidus laugh is gloriously bad

: >

and yes to hemsworth's thor. oh yesyesyes. last time i was on the plane, they had thor 2 as in-flight entertainment and i froze that frame when he was pimping his abs and went to sleep with that screen in front of me.

: >

unsurprisingly thor is my favourite avenger \o/

... and hello Rusty! : ) *waves

I should not have been drinking when I saw H.Pro's post, LMAO

Heeheehee. I can lay no claim to its genius, though. Remembered it from my coworkers tumblr of ages past. Seemed timely. ;)

Hahahahahahahahaha I'm naming him that when I finally get to start FFXHD.

It's so perfect, right? Though 'Meg Ryan' would also do the trick.

Okay that was kinda funny.

Haters.

I know it's low hanging fruit, but... :D

I tend to agree. The closest example I can think of are bishonen characters but that is very specific to gaming and anime. They still have a hell of a lot more character than their female counterpoints but I've noticed that a lot of straight male gamers find them off-putting. The main complaints I've seen against post-PSX Final Fantasy games is that their main characters are too pretty and not manly enough.

Speaking of Final Fantasy...

That Big Bang Theory video with Tidus replacing the laugh track has made me like him more and that laugh scene. Its so bad its good. I just imagine Tidus on the couch watching tv and slapping his knee while he laughs.

I know Spoony did a LP of FFX where he named Tidus that (can't find an image either). It was probably from that.

Oh, yeah? Never seen it, but now I'm curious. Perhaps it was just that perfect storm of slightly off CG and godawful VO, but it is in the realms of so bad it's good. It's been years since I've beaten X and I'm still amused. :)

PFFFFHAHAHAHA I fucking died omg.

Warms the cold dead soul, right?

Kimaka

Oh, yeah? Never seen it, but now I'm curious. Perhaps it was just that perfect storm of slightly off CG and godawful VO, but it is in the realms of so bad it's good. It's been years since I've beaten X and I'm still amused. :)

This video. Cracks me up every time.

I used to really hate Tidus and FFX. Thinking back on it, it probably wasn't as bad as I thought it was. It was a blow back from everyone I knew talking about how amazing it was and how it was the best Final Fantasy when I thought the characters were flat.

...and maybe a little bit upset my pairing didn't happen >___>

Mistel

Banned
High five!
Yay I don't think your tastes are as narrow as mine so the more for both of us is best.

Tidus is a final fantasy thing? I've never got into it just not that enjoyable for me, especially because I could play monster hunter or battlefront instead.

Dirndl's are so cute I'm going to get myself one at some point I hope.

Aiustis

going to a wedding so I need to buy a dress baah. I own 2 pants and 5 shirts. Also have nothing to wear to my interview tomorrow.

going to a wedding so I need to buy a dress baah. I own 2 pants and 5 shirts. Also have nothing to wear to my interview tomorrow.

What sort of wedding is it? Indoors, outdoors, spring or summer?
Modcloth and Anthropologie have some super cute dresses for weddings.
Modcloth
I'm going to a wedding in may and will be wearing this dress:
img-thing

Though I'll need to find shoes for them. I have some blue poetic licence backlash shoes:
But I may just find some blue or red pumps or something.

What sort of colors and looks do you like?

Aiustis

I'm pretty casual...I kind of don't think I have the look for anything really fancy (lean and muscled, smaller boobs, which is often an issue in dresses. "Cute" is way more my style. I wear, teal, green, orange and pink really well or so I've been told. And I stay away from too much neutral.

Mistel

Banned
Haha I don't think so. :p

Though, I only crush on celebrities and even that is normally limited to one or two. At the moment, just Chris Evans and Bradley Cooper.
Well I'm flattered but I'm pretty much only attracted to few things. I could really turn this into freckly redheads the OT.

I'm pretty casual...I kind of don't think I have the look for anything really fancy (lean and muscled, smaller boobs, which is often an issue in dresses. "Cute" is way more my style. I wear, teal, green, orange and pink really well or so I've been told. And I stay away from too much neutral.

Yeah I'm super causal too; a total tomboy. I'm most comfortable in jeans and a hoodie, which works for me.

Not really a dress kind of person, but I will for interviews or formal events.

Zoe

The other end of the spectrum isn't exactly that great :\

I wouldn't say they have much cute stuff, but I always get my wedding dresses and office suits at JC Penney.

Well I'm flattered but I'm pretty much only attracted to few things. I could really turn this into freckly redheads the OT.

Let's not.

Kimaka

I saw that thread and didn't even want to click on it. I'm black so I know I'll just feel a mixture of anger and depression.

Lyncei

Banned
Yeaaaaah I take it a step further. I'm pansexual so its kinda hard for me to even understand the concept of having dealbreakers as far as appearance goes for anything so silly as skin color or gender. I just...don't get it? There's stuff to appreciate about most everybody!

Zoe

Yeaaaaah I take it a step further. I'm pansexual so its kinda hard for me to even understand the concept of having dealbreakers as far as appearance goes for anything so silly as skin color or gender. I just...don't get it? There's stuff to appreciate about most everybody!

There's a difference between preference and dealbreaker. A preference can simply mean instant panty dropper rather than getting to know them a bit first.

suzu

They are either bagging on the whole race or fetishizing them. I don't get why people go out of their way to say this shit. And they don't see any problem with it either.

sploatee

formerly Oynox Slider
They are either bagging on the whole race or fetishizing them. I don't get why people go out of their way to say this shit. And they don't see any problem with it either.

It's depressing and shallow. And reductive and objectifying. Sigh.

Kimaka

I can understand having a preference for certain facial features, but when you discount or fetishize an entire race and it happens to match up exactly to how they are depicted in media that is when you might have to examine why you have your preferences.

Aiustis

I've got 3 dress options that I'm going to look into on friday. I'm going with teal and I'm wearing space leggings with it. Have to find some black flats that I wouldn't mind wearing again. DSW too I guess.

Leeness

So I'm listening to Wicked again because I'm gonna go see again in June.

Oh yeah. This show is awesome.

Lmao and listening to For Good for the first time in a while, tears, tears everywhere.

And Book of Mormon is coming next summer. Glory be!

iTsyehi.gif

Zoe

The Book of Mormon was amazing. I really should have known better, but I had no idea it was going to be so offensive (in a good way).

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
The Book of Mormon was amazing. I really should have known better, but I had no idea it was going to be so offensive (in a good way).

It really makes me hope Parker and Stone do another South Park movie musical to end the show when they decide to stop with the series.

The guy from Frozen is in Book.

The girl from Frozen is in Wicked.

I'm hitting all the right notes :D

I didn't even notice this! That's pretty neat.

Originally, but not anymore.

Oh, that's a bummer :( Would have liked to see him perform.

The whole 'deal breaker because of race' thing is confusing as hell to me too. I find all sorts of guys attractive. And while guys like Naveen Andrews reallly do something for me, so does Benedict Cumberbatch and Misha Collins, and I married the whitest of white guys. I dated a black guy, a mexican guy...

Of women, though, I in general find black women more beautiful than white women, so the people that say otherwise can suck it :p

Lupita Nyong'o is GORGEOUS.

that guy who asks if all asian females' eyes are small >__<;;;;;

*am asian female*

ah well. i went in there expecting exactly what i got.

sigh

suzu

that guy who asks if all asian females' eyes are small >__<;;;;;

*am asian female*

ah well. i went in there expecting exactly what i got.

sigh

Those threads always turn into some crap about how black women are unattractive and asian women are internet nerd fantasies.

Then you get people who go to the extreme to bag on asians because of these creepy dudes with yellow fever. Like. this. shit.

Bleh. I didn't quite see those posts before. Now I'm feeling pretty down. Sigh. Super awesome to hear how our bodies' stereotyped proportions are being tossed about in terms of how lacking we are.

:(

sometimes I wish gaf has user notation feature like in lj, haha

sploatee

formerly Oynox Slider
Those threads always turn into some crap about how black women are unattractive and asian women are internet nerd fantasies.

Then you get people who go to the extreme to bag on asians because of these creepy dudes with yellow fever. Like. this. shit.

Faith in humanity restored.

Top Bottom