• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GirlGAF |OT 2| Shall I Compare Thee to a Summer's Eve?

I've been avoiding that thread like the plague because it's a ban trap and just inherently stupid as hell, but those posts are literally some of the worst things I've seen on here.

Lyncei

Banned
I wasn't able to find said thread when I poked around and maybe that's for the better. Curiosity did kill the cat after all.

Aiustis

I only have one bra...and it's been irritating me like crazy (first non sports bra I've worn since high school). I need to make time to buy another one and I'm going back to sports bras.

Zoe

I only have one bra...and it's been irritating me like crazy (first non sports bra I've worn since high school). I need to make time to buy another one and I'm going back to sports bras.

It's bad to wear the same bra every day anyway. The oils in your skin will mess it up.

Have you ever been professionally fitted? You might want to look into it; they can find you a style and shape that works with your body and makes you feel the most comfortable.

How many times do you girls get harassed a week? I've been street-harassed twice this week. One wearing a denim dress, the other wearing a short denim skirt. I'm in college at the moment, and the two dudes were in cars; they yelled at me as they drove by.

How many times do you girls get harassed a week? I've been street-harassed twice this week. One wearing a denim dress, the other wearing a short denim skirt. I'm in college at the moment, and the two dudes were in cars; they yelled at me as they drove by.

Lately, not so much. When I worked at Game Stop a few years ago, it happened several times a week.

Not sure of average numbers in a week, but it depends on the week. If I'm going out, the number is pretty high : < but in a usual week, I drive to and from work, and that really drives down the likelihood of running into exuberant strangers.

Weekends is a different creature though. I'd say around 2-3 each day on Saturdays / Sundays, but only 1-2 times for the whole working week.

Kimaka

Rarely, since I got a car. When I had to walk everywhere a few years back, it happened once or twice a week. At first, I was a bit flattered. I hadn't been called pretty much. Then it got really bad to the point I hated going outside. There was this one older guy who would park in an area I walked frequently and keep asking if I wanted a ride even though I repeatedly told him no. :/

Leeness

Girl sorry that happens to you.

I guess I'm lucky lol. I've never been harassed and never will be. I am unharrassable :D

Not that much lately but it's been raining. The worst was being wolf whistled by someone while I was home alone at the window.

Lately, not so much. When I worked at Game Stop a few years ago, it happened several times a week.

Not sure of average numbers in a week, but it depends on the week. If I'm going out, the number is pretty high : < but in a usual week, I drive to and from work, and that really drives down the likelihood of running into exuberant strangers.

Weekends is a different creature though. I'd say around 2-3 each day on Saturdays / Sundays, but only 1-2 times for the whole working week.

Rarely, since I got a car. When I had to walk everywhere a few years back, it happened once or twice a week. At first, I was a bit flattered. I hadn't been called pretty much. Then it got really bad to the point I hated going outside. There was this one older guy who would park in an area I walked frequently and keep asking if I wanted a ride even though I repeatedly told him no. :/

I live in the middle of nowhere now, so hardly ever. But if wore shorts or showed off my legs at anytime while walking in the city I'd get at least one person yelling from a car at me.

Not that much lately but it's been raining. The worst was being wolf whistled by someone while I was home alone at the window.

Not so much lately, cuz I am usually with someone. It's more likely to happen if I'm alone though.
Fuck that's shitty. Sorry to hear that ya'll.

Zoe

I got honked at for the first time in years yesterday when I was out jogging. Hard to feel flattered when I don't look good at all right now :lol

Then I got yelled tonight after almost getting into bad accident which would have been completely the other guy's fault. Feel like such a girly girl for crying after I drove away :(

Kisaya

Since moving to where I live now, rarely. Maybe once a month? The neighborhood I grew up in didn't have creeps, but it was filled with scummy Arab/Yemeni guys who liked to harass Muslim women that didn't dress "appropriate" enough to their taste. They're literally the only people who bother me when I'm outside.

It's amazing that when I'm not in Muslim dress I don't attract any attention in the streets at all. It was only when I visited Philly that I got street harassed a lot when I was wearing short skirts and tank tops, and that was suppperrrr creepy haha.

RustyCassette

Neo Member
How many times do you girls get harassed a week?
Rarely, fortunately.

I just wish I could get angry and fight (defend) for myself without crying after.
I'm exactly the same, anger is just an instant trigger to tears. Then I get angry because I'm crying.

That said I wouldn't worry about it, you had a bit of a shock, then to be yelled at for it wasn't a nice position to be in. It's frustrating but it doesn't make you weak or "a girly girl".

Aiustis

I'm not much of a cryer and I don't anger cry, but loud noises like firworks will reduce me to a panic attack and tears in a matter of seconds. It's always pretty embarassing.

Amalthea

Banned
I'm not much of a cryer and I don't anger cry, but loud noises like firworks will reduce me to a panic attack and tears in a matter of seconds. It's always pretty embarassing.
And I tought I was the only person who wants to cry when hearing loud noises and fireworks.

I got honked at for the first time in years yesterday when I was out jogging. Hard to feel flattered when I don't look good at all right now :lol

Then I got yelled tonight after almost getting into bad accident which would have been completely the other guy's fault. Feel like such a girly girl for crying after I drove away :(

:/ Sorry for the shitty experiences. Don't the tears drive you nuts? They never used to happen to me, but lately with tense or frustrating experiences they just happen and completely undermine what I'm trying to do. And then you feel like such a girly-girl, as you said. Ugh. -_-

The only time I feel harassed (rather than complimented or flattered) is from old men.

Really? Guys driving by shouting stuff like, "I'd fuck that!" or any of the other sexual crap they tend to spout from the safety of the other side of the street/car feels like a compliment?

Aiustis

And I tought I was the only person who wants to cry when hearing loud noises and fireworks.

Not alone. :) As a kid it was always 'she'll get over it'. Got taken to all sorts of horrifying events/places as a kid; circus, amusement parks, sports games, medieval times etc. Didn't like birthday parties because kids would pop balloons in my ears. Can't handle thunder storms and 4th of July is hell.

Wazzy

Banned
Huh, I didn't even know there was a GirlGaf but glad to see there is. On the topic of harassment, I get it a lot at work. It's usually from older men but god some of the comments are just creepy.

A month ago I was selling an office chair to this older man and he was sitting in it to test it out and he starts saying "I feel like a boss right now. You can be my employee" in a gross seductive way. I just laughed it off but felt really uncomfortable.

Wazzy

Banned
Not bad. Works been pretty busy plus I've been super addicted to FF X/X-2.

I see you got a tag. Nice! What's it from?

Aiustis

Huh, I didn't even know there was a GirlGaf but glad to see there is. On the topic of harassment, I get it a lot at work. It's usually from older men but god some of the comments are just creepy.

A month ago I was selling an office chair to this older man and he was sitting in it to test it out and he starts saying "I feel like a boss right now. You can be my employee" in a gross seductive way. I just laughed it off but felt really uncomfortable.

It's a cool little space.

I remember this guy slow rolled past and asked if I liked big dicks...Also I've been flashed.

I once had a guy pull out a dollar and drop on the ground trying to get me to bend over and pick it up. People are assholes sometimes.
:lol a dollar? DA Fuck. I think weirdest from my friend was some dude in the gym said he had some shampoo she should try when they shower after the work out. She had never seen him before when he said that. Awkward.

One time this dude who smelled like a barn (he was absolutely filthy and I'm sure never showered) and no teeth asked me to go out to dinner with him once while I was working. He was at least more than twice my age.

People actually say that? Damn. People are weird.

That's the least of what guys will say or do. I recounted some of my more aggressive and scary run ins with guys already, but those are rare. It's the shouters and slow rollers wagging their dicks out the window that make me want to brain fry men. :/

Haha. I didn't even know you were a girl until the RP thread back in Jan. There seem to be a few new juniors who are ladies as well. Always good to have more.

As for harassment stuff, eeeeeewwwww for that old dude at your work. That's so gross.
I used to get nasty stuff working E3 or the GameStop show, but to have to deal with it everyday? My condolences.

I once had a guy pull out a dollar and drop on the ground trying to get me to bend over and pick it up. People are assholes sometimes.

Charming. :/

It's a cool little space.

I remember this guy slow rolled past and asked if I liked big dicks...Also I've been flashed.

My aunt gave me the best advice for that when I was a teen. The gist of what she said was, "It's going to happen at least once in your life, so when the dude whips it out, take a good look... and then laugh a lot. And point. Make 'tiny dick' gestures if you feel really bold. Rain on that shit head's parade as much as you can." Words of wisdom.

suzu

My aunt gave me the best advice for that when I was a teen. The gist of what she said was, "It's going to happen at least once in your life, so when the dude whips it out, take a good look... and then laugh a lot. And point. Make 'tiny dick' gestures if you feel really bold. Rain on that shit head's parade as much as you can." Words of wisdom.

I gave similar advice to my younger relatives. Laugh loudly and bring other peoples attention to it (while walking away). Make a big scene out of it basically.

Sucks that I even have to say anything, but it's bound to happen at least once like your aunt said. Also groping too.

Er, really? Gross, I hope that never happens to me.

gugi40

Woah I forgot about GirlGaf!

I saw it being made when I was a mere lurker, and now I have the abilities to participate!

;) M'Ladies

This thread must be putting out vibes. Just got yelled at from a car. Nothing mean but like dude, come on, and while I'm walking away from the store.

Amalthea

Banned
I had this older guy who would always sit opposite to me on the bus. He would always clench his knees around one of mine and then start rubbing it with them. It got more intense till we came to his stop. Every time. It was so scary and awkward but I really didn't know what to do.

Top Bottom