• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GirlGAF |OT 2| Shall I Compare Thee to a Summer's Eve?

glad kitty survived, hope it recovers well

how long have you had your dog? you said 'she's always been like that'? so have you been allowing this behaviour to set in her mindset? because dogs can be trained to understand that some behaviours are NOT OKAY

im training my new doggie atm and she's the gentlest thing. she's more than twice as big as my other dog (who is only a 2 kilogram pomeranian) but she would always give in to the little one, because she's been trained that way. (the new dog is 7 kilogram, and she's still an 8 months old puppy)

Jobbs

Banned

how long have you had your dog? you said 'she's always been like that'? so have you been allowing this behaviour to set in her mindset? because dogs can be trained to understand that some behaviours are NOT OKAY

im training my new doggie atm and she's the gentlest thing. she's more than twice as big as my other dog (who is only a 2 kilogram pomeranian) but she would always give in to the little one, because she's been trained that way. (the new dog is 7 kilogram, and she's still an 8 months old puppy)

your doggie is so adorable btw :D

The dog is a mix of two very distinct breeds. Training is one thing, but the the breeds are just high in prey drive and aggression. When I say she's always been like that, I mean any dog or cat is a target to this dog. She has always had high prey drive.

If by "allow" you mean I tell her no, when she tries to chase a cat, sure. But if you mean I've allowed her to take a neighbors cat and maul it in her mouth, fuck no.

The dog is a mix of two very distinct breeds. Training is one thing, but the the breeds are just high in prey drive and aggression. When I say she's always been like that, I mean any dog or cat is a target to this dog. She has always had high prey drive.

If by "allow" you mean I tell her no, when she tries to chase a cat, sure. But if you mean I've allowed her to take a neighbors cat and maul it in her mouth, fuck no.

oh no i mean, does it show any bite drive in her play? if thats the case, you can teach her with your arm (cover it first with towel) then when she shows aggression or bite drive against a provided target (your covered arm), you admonish her to tell her that she's hurting you and that it's not okay to hurt

sometimes these dogs never really learn how strong they are because obviously they come at different sizes and breeds and temperaments, but behaviours can be unlearned.

it will take enormous effort and commitment though, to retrain a dog's learned behaviours

She has never hit me. I have no idea what you're even talking about. This is only regarding prey.

prey drive is strongly associated with aggression. dogs can be trained not to be aggressive / bite / prey upon other dogs.

most dogs will never bite their owners / masters because we are bigger than them, so training them not to be aggressive is particularly challenging. but it can be done.

alternatively, you can just get rid of her, i guess

I'll try a dog coach first.

I'm just really stressed out over this. I asked my parents for advice on what I should do and they are like DON'T PROMISE TO PAY SHIT and "I don't like cats anyways." It scares me how apathetic people are pet ownership. Can the owners of the cat sue if the cat dies?

I feel my problems are small too because Kisaya is getting stalked by a creepy bus guy.

I'm just really stressed out over this. I asked my parents for advice on what I should do and they are like DON'T PROMISE TO PAY SHIT and "I don't like cats anyways." It scares me how apathetic people are pet ownership. Can the owners of the cat sue if the cat dies?

I feel my problems are small too because Kisaya is getting stalked by a creepy bus guy.

i think they can sue even if the cat doesnt die :x

and yeah, kisaya's creepy bus guy is scary as hell >___<

Rest

All these years later I still chuckle at what a fucking moron that guy is.

There are probably not many courts that are going to find an unpapered cat has any intrinsic value, so if they sue for money that's probably going to be limited to vet bills. They might make a case for some kind of criminal negligence. That might end with an order that your dog be destroyed, and maybe a restriction on you owning another dog for some number of years. I can't imagine anything much worse than that happening, but I'm not a lawyer, jurisdictions vary, etc. Getting authorities of any kind involved would just add hassle on their end, in what is already likely a stressful situation, but you never can tell what people will do.

Swamped

Banned
Trying my very very best not to click on any ZTD related threads. I can't play it for another month at least! I want to go in so blind, I don't even want to know what the general consensus of the game is.

Do others feel this way about certain games? As in, you don't even want to hear idle chatter about a game before its release XD

Samimista

Trying my very very best not to click on any ZTD related threads. I can't play it for another month at least! I want to go in so blind, I don't even want to know what the general consensus of the game is.

Do others feel this way about certain games? As in, you don't even want to hear idle chatter about a game before its release XD

Not a game, but I'm gonna stay away from the Kingsglaive threads in a few weeks since it'll be out in Japan by then. I kinda wanna watch the English dub first, and that doesn't release until sometime in August.

Hope you manage to stay away from ZTD threads, though! It can be hard not to cave in on here.

Kinsei

Banned

I'm doing the same thing with ZTD. I won't be playing it for another few weeks.

Something similar happened to me but I was on a bus. The stop I got off was the last one on the route, so no one else was on. The driver was having small talk with me which was fine, but by the time I was supposed to get off he asked for my number and didn't open the doors of the bus. I gave it to him cause it was late at night to try to act tough and I didn't want a situation to happen where he wouldn't let me off the bus :(

You should use the fake phone number trick. Spell out him being a creep. 312-fuck-off

Giving away your actual phone number is hella' risky.

People can google phone numbers and find your facebook and all kinds of shit nowadays so giving that away is more dangerous than a lot of people realize.

Blackhead

Redarse
Question: do you know any married heterosexual couples where the woman proposed to the man? Your thoughts on that? Did they tell the family? Would you?

Kinsei

Banned
Pre-order the new Berserk game and get Casca's "super sexy" rape outfit.

Fucking video games.

EDIT: This is an awful top of the page post. Here's a cute seal.

tumblr_mpdq5as2qI1rcwphvo1_500.gif

Question: do you know any married heterosexual couples where the woman proposed to the man? Your thoughts on that? Did they tell the family? Would you?

Nothing wrong with it. I'm holding out for a more stable future financially and mentally in regards to my own relationship. If you love someone, don't let anything stop you from doing what you want to do.

Blackhead

Redarse
Nothing wrong with it. I'm holding out for a more stable future financially and mentally in regards to my own relationship. If you love someone, don't let anything stop you from doing what you want to do.

Yes, I agree there's nothing wrong with. Most of my friends agree too that there's nothing wrong with it. However I don't know anyone of them that has done it or plans to do it...

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
I recently discovered Allie Knight's Youtube channel:

https://www.youtube.com/user/AllieKnight

Allie Knight drives a big rig all over the lower 48 states. Spend time on the roads of the United States with this weird chick from Boston and her ridiculous cat, Spike. Everyday is a little different filmed in glorious 1080p at 60 frames per second.

A vinyl version of digital video.

See the USA from the driver's seat of a Peterbilt 579 named Lazarus.

She basically posts vlogs of her day-to-day big rig trucking life as she travels the country delivering things all over the place. Some neat time compressed scenes of the scenery while traveling on the roads, various slice-of-life scenes dealing with everyday stuff like laundry or feeding her cat that travels with her. I found it pretty neat!

The cat made it. Vet bill is 500 dollars. Whew.

On another note, uh. I like Berserk quite a bit. And I'm a big Casca fan. She's one of the few black woman characters I've seen in a cartoon or anime I like. I like Musou. I like Berserk. Win win right? But there's a rape outfit?

I uh.

suzu

That initial teaser video was trash and on top of that they went with a wet t-shirt dlc for Casca. I like Berserk, but bleh..

Nudull

Banned
I really do hope that whatever the hell that game's marketing is doing isn't reflective of how Berserk handled such themes, because...ew.

That initial teaser video was trash and on top of that they went with a wet t-shirt dlc for Casca. I like Berserk, but bleh..

The t shirt is a bad dlc by itself. But to most Berserk fans it represents Casca completely lost - traumatized by what she experienced to the point where the mental anguish made her mute, child like in personality, and arguably mentally ill. Going from a strong woman warrior to that was shocking and seeing them peddle that outfit that she wears, not knowing where she is, unable to talk, and as mature as a child, as sexual fan service makes me physically sick.

Even if she's not real, it's just absolutely fucked to me that they would sexualize a character like that following a vicious rape and ignore every ounce of character development and messaging the story says regarding that act.

Ceallach

Smells like fresh rosebuds
I really do hope that whatever the hell that game's marketing is doing isn't reflective of how Berserk handled such themes, because...ew.
Berserk didn't handle it well. It's been insinuated that she enjoyed the rape by Griffith. It's disgusting

Pau

The Beserk stuff isn't surprising. The only Beserk stuff I've seen is one of the movies which shows her near rape in the beginning, and the camera focused only on her bouncing boobs as she thrashed about. Utterly gross and I feel no desire to see anything else of the series.

Didn't help that I watched it with a room full of guys and I was the only girl. When I complained, one of the guys said rape made her more interesting and then asked if I had been raped.

Nudull

Banned
The Beserk stuff isn't surprising. The only Beserk stuff I've seen is one of the movies which shows her near rape in the beginning, and the camera focused only on her bouncing boobs as she thrashed about. Utterly gross and I feel no desire to see anything else of the series.

Didn't help that I watched it with a room full of guys and I was the only girl. When I complained, one of the guys said rape made her more interesting and then asked if I had been raped.

Not enough facepalms in the damn world...

I've never seen the movies. But uh...wow.

Aiustis

That's fucked up.

suzu

I haven't watched the movies or anime, but either way it's fucked up. Also I do not agree that she enjoyed it (at least in the manga). Just no.

The game's marketing is all messed up. Ugh. I can't even with ppl who don't see any problem with it.

Nudull

Banned
I haven't watched the movies or anime, but either way it's fucked up. Also I do not agree that she enjoyed it (at least in the manga). Just no.

The game's marketing is all messed up. Ugh. I can't even with ppl who don't see any problem with it.

I didn't know which was worse; the people who went "it's the most iconic scene in the franchise, so it's okay" or the ones who went "It was shown in a sexy light in the manga, which was why it was disturbing in the first place...so it's okay".

Leeness

Ew.

omg pau that's so horrible >___<

so sorry that it happened to you

geeeeez

Misha

Banned
I had a friend describe beserk to me awhile ago. did not understand why he would like it based on the way he described it.

Pau

Yeah that was not a fun night. :p It was one of those moments where you're like: "Who the fuck thinks this is an okay thing to say?"

My boyfriend enjoyed the show but honestly these days I don't want to sit through that kind of shit even though I do like Casca's general design.

suzu

I didn't know which was worse; the people who went "it's the most iconic scene in the franchise, so it's okay" or the ones who went "It was shown in a sexy light in the manga, which was why it was disturbing in the first place...so it's okay".

The original scene (to me) felt like it was suppose to fill the reader with disgust and hatred for Griffith. How anybody can find it sexy... ugh. There's even like, piles of corpses and gross monsters everywhere! As for being iconic, wtf/how/why is a rape scene suppose to inspire hype for a musou game????? :|

Top Bottom