• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GirlGAF |OT 2| Shall I Compare Thee to a Summer's Eve?

shadowkat

Unconfirmed Member
The Beserk stuff isn't surprising. The only Beserk stuff I've seen is one of the movies which shows her near rape in the beginning, and the camera focused only on her bouncing boobs as she thrashed about. Utterly gross and I feel no desire to see anything else of the series.

Didn't help that I watched it with a room full of guys and I was the only girl. When I complained, one of the guys said rape made her more interesting and then asked if I had been raped.

That's awful.

So I'm hearing that I should not look up what Berserk is, is that right?

Also holy fuck at Pau's story, what the hell

That's what I got. I don't think I want to know.

NetMapel

Guilty White Male Mods Gave Me This Tag
I learned a long time ago to just not watch too much anime in general. Too much craziness with it. I like some of the classics like Cowboy Bebop, Slam Dunk and all that. Only more "modern" ones I've seen are Full Metal Alchemist, One Punch Man and Death Note. They're pretty quality stuff.

Kinsei

Banned
The Beserk stuff isn't surprising. The only Beserk stuff I've seen is one of the movies which shows her near rape in the beginning, and the camera focused only on her bouncing boobs as she thrashed about. Utterly gross and I feel no desire to see anything else of the series.

Didn't help that I watched it with a room full of guys and I was the only girl. When I complained, one of the guys said rape made her more interesting and then asked if I had been raped.

Wha the fuck? What has to be going through someones head to think that's an okay thing to say? Sorry you had to go through that.

So I'm hearing that I should not look up what Berserk is, is that right?

Also holy fuck at Pau's story, what the hell

It's a pretty good manga, but there is tons of rape. Somehow I doubt they'll be putting this much of an emphasis on the rape of Guts (the main character, also a guy).

Nudull

Banned
It's a pretty good manga, but there is tons of rape. Somehow I doubt they'll be putting this much of an emphasis on the rape of Guts (the main character, also a guy).

Wouldn't put it past them. For a lot of media creators, rape is simply a thing that happens to women.

I just ignore the fandom and read the comic but I know what you mean.

Also, there's a lot of good stuff out there made by and for us ladies. You don't have to ignore manga or anime entirely. I suggest reading manga over watching anime though.

Morrigan Stark

Arrogant Smirk
I saw like, one or two episodes of the Berserk anime some 15 years ago and thought it sucked, but never pursued.

But lately I've been interested in Berserk because of its influence on the Souls games and everyone saying how good the manga is and all that. Is the anime just a bad adaptation or something?

And I had heard there was rape, but that doesn't make it bad, it depends on how it's handled. For example, A Song of Ice and Fire handles it pretty maturely (not Game of Thrones IMO and I haven't even watched S5 which I hear is even worse...), as does the First Law series, for example. The scene Pau describes sounds horrific, however (and the reactions even more so), and is a perfect example of how not to do a rape scene in fiction. :\ So yeah now I'm definitely less interested if that's how Berserk handles its violent themes...

Nudull

Banned
I'm getting a sudden influx of dudes prodding my OKC profile asking for nudes off the bat. It's getting a touch bit creepy. >.>

I saw like, one or two episodes of the Berserk anime some 15 years ago and thought it sucked, but never pursued.

But lately I've been interested in Berserk because of its influence on the Souls games and everyone saying how good the manga is and all that. Is the anime just a bad adaptation or something?

And I had heard there was rape, but that doesn't make it bad, it depends on how it's handled. For example, A Song of Ice and Fire handles it pretty maturely (not Game of Thrones IMO and I haven't even watched S5 which I hear is even worse...), as does the First Law series, for example. The scene Pau describes sounds horrific, however (and the reactions even more so), and is a perfect example of how not to do a rape scene in fiction. :\ So yeah now I'm definitely less interested if that's how Berserk handles its violent themes...

How the fandom's defense force been handling the scene and the game's marketing made me icky enough to stay the hell away, at this point. :|

Jobbs

Banned
I don't do that cause guys always fucking test call. He did too, and like I said he didn't open the doors ;(

Ugh. I don't even know what to say. That's so threatening and horrible.

I've read enough horrible stories from the ladies here in recent days to make me want to quit humans

I had some guy the other day tell me I "looked simple".

Thanks.

Who talks to people like this? Howly shit

NetMapel

Guilty White Male Mods Gave Me This Tag
I had some guy the other day tell me I "looked simple".

Thanks.
My personal experience is kind of not too positive with guys here in Vancouver. So it is not you! Kind of shallow, I guess? Keep being awesome yourself.

Also Pau have you started piano lessons yet? You asked me about it before with some interests!

Pre-order the new Berserk game and get Casca's "super sexy" rape outfit.

Fucking video games.

EDIT: This is an awful top of the page post. Here's a cute seal.

tumblr_mpdq5as2qI1rcwphvo1_500.gif

okay bringing this back for a second but just listen to the sounds it makes

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fl6Q602xLZg

I was out with my niece today. We were at a restaurant and she starting getting cramps so bad we had to pack up our food and go. Here's the kicker...

SHE'S NINE.

I feel so bad for her. :/ I guess she started her period a couple months ago and it just blows my mind. I know everyone is different and that it's not terribly unusual but man, that just seems unbelievably young to me. I had mine when I was 12 and that's about when I remember my friends getting theirs. I know I can't judge it based on that, but I have to ask, is this something that's a lot more common with kids born in the aughts?

I feel like an old person saying "back in my day" but the thing is, my day wasn't that long ago. I was born in 1990 and I don't think anyone my age that I knew was as developed as the kids I see nowadays. I feel bad for my niece not getting a couple more years of being a kid, especially since it seems to be particularly painful for her. My early teenage years were hellish, it wasn't until I was 16ish that things started to even out and become more tolerable.

Why we got to have animals this cute if I can't make them my pets? >:[[[[

I was out with my niece today. We were at a restaurant and she starting getting cramps so bad we had to pack up our food and go. Here's the kicker...

SHE'S NINE.

I feel so bad for her. :/ I guess she started her period a couple months ago and it just blows my mind. I know everyone is different and that it's not terribly unusual but man, that just seems unbelievably young to me. I had mine when I was 12 and that's about when I remember my friends getting theirs. I know I can't judge it based on that, but I have to ask, is this something that's a lot more common with kids born in the aughts?

I feel like an old person saying "back in my day" but the thing is, my day wasn't that long ago. I was born in 1990 and I don't think anyone my age that I knew was as developed as the kids I see nowadays. I feel bad for my niece not getting a couple more years of being a kid, especially since it seems to be particularly painful for her. My early teenage years were hellish, it wasn't until I was 16ish that things started to even out and become more tolerable.

Holy shit. I feel wicked bad for her; I was 16 when I got mine (kind of a late bloomer) and I can't even imagine getting it before hitting your teenage years.

SHE'S NINE.

omg the poor thing

i was 13 when i started mine and it was a weird and sad and angry period in my life where i realised i was really different from 50% of the world

period pain sucks so bad >___<

thankfully, i only get the physical stuff, my bestie turns into an emotional mess once every month and she already takes primrose extracts and everything to lessen the impact but she's still struggling every month

I felt terrible because I had Motrin in my purse but didn't say anything because I don't think kids her age can take it. Was out with her and my brother and he was kind of being a jerk about it. I wanted to slap the shit out of him. "This is the second time we've had to leave somewhere because of this." referring to he and his daughter.

If my eyes could shoot fire. I remember many times when I was younger, doubled over in pain or curled into a ball clutching a heating pad surrounded by people whose guts I wanted to rip out. There's nothing fucking worse than someone in your ear telling you it's not that bad or making you feel like you're inconvincing them.

My family and I had to leave Cedar Point because of it once. My brothers and my dad were all varying degrees of salty and my mom was the only one on my side not making me feel worse. :/

Pau

Also Pau have you started piano lessons yet? You asked me about it before with some interests!
No I have not. :( Part of my problem is that we don't really have room for a keyboard or anything in the apartment. That and I'm deciding between doing singing lessons, fancy gym membership, or the piano lessons. I think they'll have to wait until I graduate and have a more steady income.

How are your lessons going? :)

Samimista

SHE'S NINE.

I was ten when I first got my period, so I can relate to your niece. My cramps used to be so severe that I'd have actual seizures due to them.

When I was fifteen, I was put on birth control just to get rid of my period. I'm twenty now, and have been off birth control for the past two years and feel fine now. Still get periods, but light ones and rarely any cramps.

It sucks going through puberty at an early age, though. I used to bind my chest since I felt really embarrassed as the other girls were still flat chested, and people would always talk and stare.

I hope your niece will be okay, though. Does she take Midol or anything during these cramps?

Edit: I saw your other post about the Motrin. Next time your niece goes to the doctor, I'd bring up the cramp pains and see what can be done.

Morrigan Stark

Arrogant Smirk

SHE'S NINE.

I don't think it's about "back in my day" vs now, unless there's evidence that it's more common to start so young today than it was before. But well, when I was a child, I knew a 9 year old girl who started her period at that age (this was in 1991 or so). And I know a girl who's about 8-9 years my junior, so about your age, who said she started when she was 9. Mine started at 14, so pretty typical if a bit later than average, I'd say. But yeah, it's rare but it can happen.

Hope Cindi's ban isn't permanent. :c
I doubt it. I know she made one post mocking a guy's avatar (quite rudely at that, not just gentle ribbing, but I still laughed because IMO he deserved it 100% :p), which I don't think is allowed, so maybe she got a short time-out for that. Buuut that's only my speculation so take it with a grain of salt.

I just wondered if there's some connection with hormones in food and drinking water but I have to imagine it can't be much worse now than it was when I was a kid.

suzu

I got my period when I was 10 or 11. But I honestly don't recall getting any severe or even mild cramps until I hit my 20s. So for the longest time I didn't understand how bad it could actually get. @_@

Leeness

I was 13 when I got mine.

13, just moved away from all my friends, on the first day of highschool. Lol. It wasn't traumatic at all.

And I used to have cramps so bad that I would stay home and shake and cry. The pill sorted that out mostly.

9 tho ;_;

Oblivion

Fetishing muscular manly men in skintight hosery
Would like to get y'all gals opinions on something. How do you guy guys feel about men wearing tight clothing?

Oblivion

? no

tight fitting clothes on men are O-KAY by me

Oh! I see. Sorry, when you just wrote "okay" I thought you were dismissing my question like when people say that by posting this pic.

Same with wheremydragonz's response as that didn't answer my question about how you guys felt.

Oh! I see. Sorry, when you just wrote "okay" I thought you were dismissing my question like when people say that by posting this pic.

Same with wheremydragonz's response as that didn't answer my question about how you guys felt.

No I meant it more like you should be able to do what you want to do. Were you asking about our personal preferences / tastes? I just wasn't sure, sorry.

Personally I'm not a fan but it depends on how tight we're talking. Like, is it to the point where you can barely move or is there a little bit of room?

Do you have an example?

Oblivion

No I meant it more like you should be able to do what you want to do. Were you asking about our personal preferences / tastes? I just wasn't sure, sorry.

Personally I'm not a fan but it depends on how tight we're talking. Like, is it to the point where you can barely move or is there a little bit of room?

Do you have an example?

Yeah, I was asking for personal preference.

As for an example, something like this:

d57cc41db2ce8a9a63df4d6549088783.jpg

i think it can look really wanky or it can look really nice

but ... the same can be said for most stuff

like... loliesque outfit on some girls can look really sad or it can look really cute

but who cares what other people think, you do you as long as it doesnt harm others :> fashion is so weirddddd :3

That mans chest makes me uncomfortable in a bad way. Do not want.

Tight clothes on guys does nothing for me at all. Well fitting clothes are ideal. Honestly, I feel like a guy (or gal, for that matter) who wears skin tight outfits in public is flaunting in a way that's kind of tacky. That's not to say I don't think it's cool to dress sexy (who doesn't like to look sexy from time to time?) I guess it's sort of a fine line. Some people wear stuff that makes you think they'd rather be naked if they could get away with it. It's like, we get it, you work out.

If guy who goes to the grocery store in a shirt like that is going to get the douchebag stamp from me right quick.

Shit. I say this as I'm wearing Lululemons and tank top. But it's different... somehow it's different.

Jobbs

Banned
but who cares what other people think, you do you as long as it doesnt harm others :> fashion is so weirddddd :3

Yep! I painted my nails :D I was both surprised and not surprised by the reaction of some of my male friends

Also this kitten tries to eat the green fish :eek:
rmNOUSz.gif

and succeeds

T

Transhuman

Unconfirmed Member
If guy who goes to the grocery store in a shirt like that is going to get the douchebag stamp from me right quick.

Shit. I say this as I'm wearing Lululemons and tank top. But it's different... somehow it's different.

Don't slut-shame those beautiful male sluts. Without their skin-tight clothing society would collapse and we wouldn't even have grocery stores.

eec8f0428ab240bf2076c83243eab587.jpg

See, this is perfect. You know what's going on under there but you don't need a skin tight shirt to illustrate it for you. Makes it all the more special when it comes off and all your wishes and dreams come true.

Guy in that pic is a douche. Probably named Brandon. I can tell. Also, what kind of sorcery is he using to hide his nipples in that shirt? If I wore a T-shirt that it'd be nipple city.

Don't slut-shame those beautiful male sluts. Without their skin-tight clothing society would collapse and we wouldn't even have grocery stores.

I don't like anyone who constantly dresses in a way that reminds people that they go to the gym. Don't get me wrong, I'm proud of my body and I work hard to look nice but I think it's profoundly tacky to rub it in people's faces 24/7. You can be classy and sexy at the same time.

Off topic but I hate, HATE, the word slut. It brings back some of the darkest times in my life with being bullied in school. Maybe it's a lack of sleep and feeling overly sensitive but for some reason this post made me think about it.:[

T

Transhuman

Unconfirmed Member
I'm the opposite. I hate the c-word.

Reminds me of my mum.

Top Bottom