• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GirlGAF |OT 2| Shall I Compare Thee to a Summer's Eve?

Zoe

I doubt it. I know she made one post mocking a guy's avatar (quite rudely at that, not just gentle ribbing, but I still laughed because IMO he deserved it 100% :p), which I don't think is allowed, so maybe she got a short time-out for that. Buuut that's only my speculation so take it with a grain of salt.

I figured it was for calling all of those guys closeted gays.

T

Transhuman

Unconfirmed Member
Probably wasn't so much that as that she said it directly to the person she was quoting. You can pretty make any biting comment you want on Gaf as long as you don't single people out without good cause.

Jobbs

Banned
My body tenses up whenever someone calls someone a "slut". I have a similar aversion to the word after seeing what some girls have gone through including some in my family

iirate

See, this is perfect. You know what's going on under there but you don't need a skin tight shirt to illustrate it for you. Makes it all the more special when it comes off and all your wishes and dreams come true.

Guy in that pic is a douche. Probably named Brandon. I can tell. Also, what kind of sorcery is he using to hide his nipples in that shirt? If I wore a T-shirt that it'd be nipple city.

You nailed it. Also the lack of nipples through the shirt creeps me the fuck out.

My body tenses up whenever someone calls someone a "slut". I have a similar aversion to the word after seeing what some girls have gone through including some in my family

"Slut" and "whore" make me seethe.

Ceallach

Smells like fresh rosebuds
So do you any of you girls have any experience on antidepressants?

I had my dose upped and it is having some really annoying feminine side effects..

Pau

I had my dose upped and it is having some really annoying feminine side effects..
Yeah, I've been on Lexapro for about three years. My biggest side effect was not be able to orgasm for the first couple of months and then just generally having my sex drive nuked.

Late as fuck to the period talk.

I can't fathom getting it at age 9. That blows my mind, honestly. I wonder how thats even possible.

I got mine at 13 while I was the DMV with my mother. Straight up thought I was dying :(

Oblivion

Fetishing muscular manly men in skintight hosery
That mans chest makes me uncomfortable in a bad way. Do not want.

Tight clothes on guys does nothing for me at all. Well fitting clothes are ideal. Honestly, I feel like a guy (or gal, for that matter) who wears skin tight outfits in public is flaunting in a way that's kind of tacky. That's not to say I don't think it's cool to dress sexy (who doesn't like to look sexy from time to time?) I guess it's sort of a fine line. Some people wear stuff that makes you think they'd rather be naked if they could get away with it. It's like, we get it, you work out.

If guy who goes to the grocery store in a shirt like that is going to get the douchebag stamp from me right quick.

Shit. I say this as I'm wearing Lululemons and tank top. But it's different... somehow it's different.

Yeah, this is why I was asking. I was super skinny my entire life and because of that I always wore baggy, ill fitting clothes. I've improved myself over recent years thankfully, but I still feel weird wearing tight clothes.

Like, on the one hand, I want to display the fruits of my labor, but on the other hand, I also feel like a douchebag. :x

eec8f0428ab240bf2076c83243eab587.jpg

See, this is perfect. You know what's going on under there but you don't need a skin tight shirt to illustrate it for you. Makes it all the more special when it comes off and all your wishes and dreams come true.

Guy in that pic is a douche. Probably named Brandon. I can tell. Also, what kind of sorcery is he using to hide his nipples in that shirt? If I wore a T-shirt that it'd be nipple city.

Yeah, that kind of shirt is something more my style. Fitting, but not something obnoxious a dudebro would wear.

Morrigan Stark

Arrogant Smirk
Yeah, I was asking for personal preference.

As for an example, something like this:

d57cc41db2ce8a9a63df4d6549088783.jpg
That's hideous. All I think of when seeing this pic is "douche". This picture is the epitome of "douche" and it's an instant turn-off. But I don't know if it's the guy, his face, or his shirt, or a combination of all of that, or what. The shirt certainly doesn't help though.

Also, it looks like he has breasts on that pic. LOL

lmao

Guy in that pic is a douche. Probably named Brandon. I can tell.
^5

I got mine at 13 while I was the DMV with my mother. Straight up thought I was dying :(
Ouch. From the pain, or from not knowing what was going on? From the state of sex ed in some places, I can imagine some girls not even knowing what's happening to their bodies and that must be terrifying. :S

Ouch. From the pain, or from not knowing what was going on? From the state of sex ed in some places, I can imagine some girls not even knowing what's happening to their bodies and that must be terrifying. :S

I knew about periods but the pain was really unexpected. I didn't imagine it feeling so awful.

I don't wanna look at this weird pic anymore everytime I keep scrolling down the thread x_x
idk might be a decent looking dude in different clothes but that style really isn't doing anything for him.

Leeness

Yah, Cipralex for a while, but couldn't tell you about side effects. I never notice or care unless they make me sick lol

My experience was similar to Pau. I was on Prozac and it killed my ability to self lubricate and have an orgasm. I don't feel like it helped with my depression all that much either.

I took Adderall for a while and it was the opposite. My libido shot through the roof, but the other two side effects were in full swing. Talk about frustrating... Adderall made it really hard to pay attention to things, ironically. I felt like Quicksilver. When classmates and such would talk I felt like they were moving insufferably slowly.

Ceallach

I'm on Zoloft and now like my bartholin is out of control. Like I am changing panty liners a lot. It is driving me crazy. I practically need to wear a pad. But my actual sex drive is definitely lower.

I experience that influx sometimes because of my medication.

I used to take rose hips or certain types of libido pills to counteract it and it would help a ton.

Went on a bit of a Nintendo spending spree this month. Nabbed myself two physical copies of "Hyrule Warriors Legends" and "Final Fantasy Theatrhythm: Curtain Call" and a couple of eshop games! Looks like most of my time is gonna be spent on my 3DS!

0ezP9rx.png

Kinsei

Banned
Went on a bit of a Nintendo spending spree this month. Nabbed myself two physical copies of "Hyrule Warriors Legends" and "Final Fantasy Theatrhythm: Curtain Call" and a couple of eshop games! Looks like most of my time is gonna be spent on my 3DS!

0ezP9rx.png

Good haul, every one of them is amazing IMO.

I picked up Hyrule Warriors Legends with a gift card Yesterday and I'm surprised at how much they've changed the levels. I really don't like Linkle though but I guess that's par for the course since I hate every OC in the game.

Nudull

Banned
Kirby's Adventure is kinda blah for me to go through, these days. I prefer the GBA remake from a while back.

I did buy the 3D Classic version of Adventure, though. The depth effects are pretty neat.

Kirby's Adventure is kinda blah for me to go through, these days. I prefer the GBA remake from a while back.

I did buy the 3D Classic version of Adventure, though. The depth effects are pretty neat.

I hate the GBA remake to be honest. I prefer the cleaner look of the NES version, the GBA ports textures felt a bit TOO detailed and chunky for me liking. Mind you, I'm one of those odd people who prefers the NES version of Mario Bros. 3 over the All stars version!

Morrigan Stark

Arrogant Smirk
Anyone ever played Shantae: Risky's Revenge? It's dirt cheap on PSN right now (Director's Cut version), considering it...

But, I need to buy and play Trails SC too, and then Trails of Cold Steel (which I have for PS3), and they are huuuuuuge timesinks. And I also kind of want Odin Sphere. And I need to finish Ys: Origin with Hugo and Toal.

And yet I can't even get away from Dark Souls 3 PvP/invasion anyway. Ahhhhhh

Nudull

Banned
Anyone ever played Shantae: Risky's Revenge? It's dirt cheap on PSN right now (Director's Cut version), considering it...

But, I need to buy and play Trails SC too, and then Trails of Cold Steel (which I have for PS3), and they are huuuuuuge timesinks. And I also kind of want Odin Sphere. And I need to finish Ys: Origin with Hugo and Toal.

Oh yeah, Trails in the Sky is on sale on Steam. So are the Ys games. Hm...thoughts, anyone?

haha last night someone invaded me in the swamp and chased me around in circles for about 10 minutes as all the giant crabs aggroed.

eventually I led him back to the bonfire so I could look for any signs, I didn't see any, so I started fighting him, then as soon as I have the upperhand he runs away and I'm chasing him across the swamp as he tries to get the crabs to aggro me yet again

I honestly hate dark souls 3 pvp sometimes

You play Souls, too? :eek:

Jobbs

Banned

haha last night someone invaded me in the swamp and chased me around in circles for about 10 minutes as all the giant crabs aggroed.

eventually I led him back to the bonfire so I could look for any signs, I didn't see any, so I started fighting him, then as soon as I have the upperhand he runs away and I'm chasing him across the swamp as he tries to get the crabs to aggro me yet again

Ceallach

The Shantae games are fantastic! My highest recommendation.

It's a good game, but hella short, if the discount is deep enough go for it. I think "Pirate's Curse" shits all over "Risky's Revenge" though. Vastly superior level design, tons of different setpieces and changes to gameplay throughout, and the pirate equipment abilities crap all over the series staple dancing abilities.

Morrigan Stark

Arrogant Smirk
Oh yeah, Trails in the Sky is on sale on Steam. So are the Ys games. Hm...thoughts, anyone?
Ys games are amazing. Highly recommended. Ys I aged poorly, but Ys II is decent, and the 3D ones, VI/Oath/Origin are all great, with VI being slightly less good than the other.

There is a free demo of Ys Origin on Steam. I suggest everyone to try it, and if you enjoyed it, then you are guaranteed to enjoy Origin and/or Oath in Felghana at least. Oath is the cheaper of the two, so if you must pick just one for now, get Oath (even if you played the Origin demo, they're similar in gameplay). Fun fast-paced combat, challenging bosses, amazing soundtracks! If the difficulty is a problem, you can always grind for a few min to get an extra level (1 extra level makes a huge difference) or simply play on a lower difficulty setting.

Been playing Ys Origin lately and it's probably my favourite so far. I can't decide between this one and Oath just yet, but both are 9/10 games easily.

Haha that sucks. I hate cowardly players. I even made a youtube playlist of all the cowardly players I invade so that I can shame them. :D Like hosts who just spam rolls/blocks and refuse to fight me (even when all the enemies are dead, I understand retreating to a safer spot for your bloodstain etc. but once you're there at least FIGHT, geez!), hosts that pull the plug when they're in trouble, hosts that try to troll me using elevator tricks and failing

When I invade, if I'm 1v1, I don't run to the enemies, I just face the host and do my best. If I'm facing 2 or more players then of course I'll try to use terrain and enemies to my advantage, but even then I typically don't hide for hours because that bores me. One time in the Catacomb, some cowardly player that I repeatedly killed before just stood back at the beginning with his two phantoms and wasn't coming forward. A lot of the enemies were already dead so I had no idea why they were sticking around -- probably just to gank invaders. I got bored of waiting, so I went to them anyway despite having no advantage of terrain/enemies and 3v1. I still killed them all. :D

Funny thing is recently, I invaded that same guy (I recognized the character name) in a different area, and he was still playing as cowardly as ever, even using a Seed despite having 2 phantoms and all, and I still killed him again more than once. XD

It's a good game, but hella short, if the discount is deep enough go for it. I think "Pirate's Curse" shits all over "Risky's Revenge" though. Vastly superior level design, tons of different setpieces and changes to gameplay throughout, and the pirate equipment abilities crap all over the series staple dancing abilities.
Ah thanks for the info. I was considering Risky's since it's like, $2. The only problem is, as I said, I've got too many things on my backlog and I'm not even sure I'll play it any time soon so despite the cheap price it's kind of the typical "buying super cheap game just because it's cheap" kind of trap... know what I mean?

Jobbs

Banned
Haha that sucks. I hate cowardly players. I even made a youtube playlist of all the cowardly players I invade so that I can shame them. :D Like hosts who just spam rolls/blocks and refuse to fight me (even when all the enemies are dead, I understand retreating to a safer spot for your bloodstain etc. but once you're there at least FIGHT, geez!), hosts that pull the plug when they're in trouble, hosts that try to troll me using elevator tricks and failing

When I invade, if I'm 1v1, I don't run to the enemies, I just face the host and do my best. If I'm facing 2 or more players then of course I'll try to use terrain and enemies to my advantage, but even then I typically don't hide for hours because that bores me. One time in the Catacomb, some cowardly player that I repeatedly killed before just stood back at the beginning with his two phantoms and wasn't coming forward. A lot of the enemies were already dead so I had no idea why they were sticking around -- probably just to gank invaders. I got bored of waiting, so I went to them anyway despite having no advantage of terrain/enemies and 3v1. I still killed them all. :D

Man the carnage at the end of that video...

If I'm host and I get invaded I'll employ any cowardly tactics (I don't DC though) because that's part of the game and I didn't invite them to come duel me.

Regardless, though, I think running away and healing are just so easy in these games that it makes actual PVP really frustrating more often than not.

Morrigan Stark

Arrogant Smirk
Man the carnage at the end of that video...
:D It's what makes me love PvP. Sure, I hate it too sometimes. When you are invading the odds are supremely stacked against you. A lot of people stop invading because it's too frustrating for them. I guess I'm a masochist because I enjoy it despite all the disadvantages, and I don't even use big-ass weapons that one-shot folks (I do use hornet though, but I don't even always OHKO on a riposte despite it, my weapon is a normal straight sword not a giant ultra-greatsword). But it makes the actual wins oh so satisfying.

If I'm host and I get invaded I'll employ any cowardly tactics (I don't DC though) because that's part of the game and I didn't invite them to come duel me.
Oh sure, I don't mind people playing cautiously, refusing to engage invaders that hide among enemies, retreating near the bonfire so that their bloodstain is nearby, etc.

But sometimes it goes too far. Disconnecting/plug-pulling is the worst offender of them all (it invariably makes me laugh though, as I don't need the rewards, I'm maxed out on embers/pale tongues, I consider it a win when the host pulls the plug), but some people are just not even trying to fight, they don't attack a single hit whatsoever. Like this one. Or this one. Or this one.

Like, guys, if you start attacking me, you might catch me in a stunlock and kill me. Seriously. Try it! It actually happens! Or if I survive the combo and heal up, you'll out-Estus me anyway. Just try fighting. xD

Jobbs

Banned
:D It's what makes me love PvP. Sure, I hate it too sometimes. When you are invading the odds are supremely stacked against you. A lot of people stop invading because it's too frustrating for them. I guess I'm a masochist because I enjoy it despite all the disadvantages, and I don't even use big-ass weapons that one-shot folks (I do use hornet though, but I don't even always OHKO on a riposte despite it, my weapon is a normal straight sword not a giant ultra-greatsword). But it makes the actual wins oh so satisfying.

I spent my whole first playthrough leaning heavily into faith, which turned out to be nearly useless offensively. Greater Lightning Spear does pitiful damage.

I figured out that a bleed build is probably one of the stronger builds, especially for PVP, but I didn't like the appearance/fashion of the best bleed weapon (the warden dual wielding curved swords) very tacky

So I'm trying an INT character ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

NetMapel

Guilty White Male Mods Gave Me This Tag

0ezP9rx.png
You did good with Earthbound there. We need more people playing that game here so Nintendo would give a shit about it.

Nudull

Banned
You did good with Earthbound there. We need more people playing that game here so Nintendo would give a shit about it.

Did my part. Bought it, played it, loved it. :)

Speaking of, anyone played Earthbound Beginnings? How is it?

I put way too many hours into Theatrhythm: Curtain Call and I'm not particularly good at music games. Good choice~

That good a series? I adore music games to death, from Rock Band to Hatsune Miku, and yet I always kinda procrastinated with Theatrhythm. I admit, I didn't have as much to Final Fantasy as people my age when they were kids and growing up. It wasn't until I was much older where I would really start to appreciate it (despite the flaws).

suzu

That good a series? I adore music games to death, from Rock Band to Hatsune Miku, and yet I always kinda procrastinated with Theatrhythm. I admit, I didn't have as much to Final Fantasy as people my age when they were kids and growing up. It wasn't until I was much older where I would really start to appreciate it (despite the flaws).

FF fans would probably appreciate it more, but it's not a bad idea if you're looking for a rhythm music game on 3DS. Catchy music, cute characters, can quest and level up. I think it's also pretty cheap nowadays too. Don't bother with the first game though since Curtain Call has all the previous songs.

I have a question for all y'all.

What was your first video game and video game console?

Mine was Kirby's Pinball Land and Game Boy. Your Kirby post made me think about it. :3

Jobbs

Banned
The first games I remember playing were on an Atari system -- Yars Revenge and Haunted House. Someone brought them over when I was very very young. I barely remember them, but I do remember them.

My first game in earnest was Super Mario Brothers / Duck Hunt.

Top Bottom