• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GirlGAF |OT 2| Shall I Compare Thee to a Summer's Eve?

Emitan

Those aren't bad at all. I mean these.

042810-Alexa-300.jpg

Is she wearing tinfoil

I have zero fashion sense. I'll need my sister and GirlGAF to dress me.

I have no fashion sense either. I just see something I like on the rack and I buy it. *shrugs*

But those shorts are ghastly. Much prefer skirts

Yeah, I have zero sense of fashion. No fashion + everything looks awful on me. :/

I just find stuff that looks good on me and roll with that. Like I got this shirt and skirt at the bins I mentioned earlier in the thread:

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=41592802&postcount=8149

I have no idea how well they go together by current fashion standards but they look good together to me.

InfiniteNine

Rolling Girl
I like more racy clothes but I don't feel I look good in them most of the time. So aim for more things I think look nice on me.
erE4ol.png

Like this outfit so far but I think I need a waist belt and necklaces to make it shine methinks.

I have a plaid shirt that I've taken to lovingly referring to as my lumberjack outfit whenever I pair it with jeans & combat boots.

I enjoy those kinda outfits. o: I feel all woodsy in them.

cloudwalking

300chf ain't shit to me
blazers!! they look good on everybody and they go with almost any bottom (shorts, skirts, jeans, dressy pants) and any shoe!

womens-blazers.jpg

br583293-00p01v01.jpg

jcrew-blazer.jpg

alicia-blazer.jpg

it's finally just getting cool enough here to wear them again.

the ones i wear the most are from zara, but i have gotten a few great ones from H&M too! cheap is always good.

i can't wait for ful-blown fall weather so i can wear blazers, gigantic scarves, and knee high boots again!

Kisaya

People usually compliment me on my fashion but I really just layer. Usually what I look for are things that are "pretty" or have a nice pattern. Cardigans and floral wraps are also a plus >.<

Also I go to a fashion school, so if I dress bad I get bullied :<

I'll take a picture of the next outfit I like and share if I can :B

Leeness

Jeans and a sweater... lol.

Almost all these things posted here look really bad on me. Skirts = no, button down shirts = no, blazers = no.

:(

The Men's Hair topic inspired me to make this post. Help me GirlGAF!

I'm completely clueness about hair, and I need advice for a new style. I have very long, quite fine, wavy/frizzy hair currently. I normally wear it in a plait, but I don't have it cut in a particular way and I only get it trimmed, like, once every two years (I take pretty good care of it, though). Here's a pic from behind/the side. Usually I just brush it over at the top when I plait it and sometimes have a few loose bangs hanging out.

I want to at least style it so that it'll look good from the front when the rest is in a plait, but it'd be great to style it so that I can wear it loose more often too (it gets in my face too much at the mo). I like having long hair, but I wouldn't mind cutting it at the front or having some sort of fringe or something. I look a bit alternative (facial piercings etc), so something that'd work with that would be good. Any ideas?

Inanna

Not pure anymore!
blazers!! they look good on everybody and they go with almost any bottom (shorts, skirts, jeans, dressy pants) and any shoe!

womens-blazers.jpg

br583293-00p01v01.jpg

jcrew-blazer.jpg

alicia-blazer.jpg

it's finally just getting cool enough here to wear them again.

the ones i wear the most are from zara, but i have gotten a few great ones from H&M too! cheap is always good.

i can't wait for ful-blown fall weather so i can wear blazers, gigantic scarves, and knee high boots again!

I have an obsession with blazers and jackets that kinda look like blazers, and dressy coats that cinch in at the waist a bit. I also love collard shirts. Good thing I live in England, its always somewhat chilly here, perfect for blazers! Funny because I also love wearing long flowy summer dresses and we barely get weather for those. Love wearing scarves in winter. I see so many girls wearing them in summer because its in fashion, looks so out of the place and awkward, imo. I also love wearing skirts in winter with warm leggings and knee high boots.

These are some of the things I like to wear! I don't really like out there kinda stuff, just simple and put together. Don't like exceptionally short skirts or shorts, prefer girly knee or above knee length skirts and jeans most of the time.

http://pinterest.com/hunniah/blazers-and-coats/
http://pinterest.com/hunniah/dresses-and-tops/
http://pinterest.com/hunniah/collared-shirts/

Those shorts look fine. Knee-length do not.

A properly fitting Bermuda short can be appropriate office attire. 5" cuts that reveal your thighs are no more professional than a mini.

Which is to say, they aren't.

They may be fashionable, they may make long legs look even more fantastic, but professional? Not in my office. And we're pretty casual.

A lot of the times, it's not the clothes what you like, but the woman wearing them. Sometimes despite the clothes.

Yeah but for me, the clothes have to make sense. There can be an attractive woman wearing something that I think looks terrible.

I like the style a bit if presenting in certain ways. I've been thinking about getting this for myself:

Do it. I think it looks awesome. That garter (I think that is what it is called) is always a good look imo =)

cloudwalking

300chf ain't shit to me
What about "ruffled skirts"? Are those still popular?

I thought those looked best.

depends who's wearing it... ruffled skirts and peplum shirts/dresses usually look best on women who aren't curvy, because they add volume and the illusion of curves to the hip area. especially if they're really poofy. the girl you posted is a good example.

when i look at ruffled skirts i tend to go more for this type, because it's a bit more streamlined, and doesn't add as much "bulk" to the bottom:

2043727_mint.jpg

InfiniteNine

Rolling Girl
Well I look for things I personally like in clothes. I don't mind showing a little if I think it looks good on me, and it generally blends in well with my general dress style. (dark punkish clothing)

fireside

I have an obsession with blazers and jackets that kinda look like blazers, and dressy coats that cinch in at the waist a bit. I also love collard shirts. Good thing I live in England, its always somewhat chilly here, perfect for blazers! Funny because I also love wearing long flowy summer dresses and we barely get weather for those. Love wearing scarves in winter. I see so many girls wearing them in summer because its in fashion, looks so out of the place and awkward, imo. I also love wearing skirts in winter with warm leggings and knee high boots.

These are some of the things I like to wear! I don't really like out there kinda stuff, just simple and put together. Don't like exceptionally short skirts or shorts, prefer girly knee or above knee length skirts and jeans most of the time.

http://pinterest.com/hunniah/blazers-and-coats/
http://pinterest.com/hunniah/dresses-and-tops/
http://pinterest.com/hunniah/collared-shirts/

I like this style of clothing, too. It’s feminine, but not in-your-face.

damn. Looks like I know little to nothing about women fashion lol.

I just get hypercritical about how stuff looks. I mean there are things a lot of people can pull off that I feel I can't. But I just say how I feel about a particular look. A lot of haute couture I find terrible for the same reasons even though people will insist it looks good or I'm wrong, and that I know nothing of fashion.

InfiniteNine

Rolling Girl
I just get hypercritical about how stuff looks. I mean there are things a lot of people can pull off that I feel I can't. But I just say how I feel about a particular look. A lot of haute couture I find terrible for the same reasons even though people will insist it looks good or I'm wrong, and that I know nothing of fashion.

Yeah, I understand this. I just flat out reject a lot of clothes because I don't think I look good in that type of style or had tried something similar and don't think I can pull it off. I feel like a goober when I buy something I think looks really good and it looks horrible on me, so I stick with things I've grown comfortable with for the most part.

Lucian Cat

Kissed a mod for a tag; liked it
Yeah that skirt is schmick. I'd totally wear that. Prolly without the garter thingy though. It's similar to some skirts I already have

Platy

More one for a negation on fashion ... I have one friend that says that one day she will do a "What not to wear" episode with me and stop me from wearing basicaly only jeans and nerd shirts =P

InfiniteNine

Rolling Girl
I like the skirt, IN. Rock on.

I like it, too. I'm sure you could work it, babe.

Yeah that skirt is schmick. I'd totally wear that. Prolly without the garter thingy though. It's similar to some skirts I already have

Thanks. :D I think it will work given it looks like it will mesh with my current stuffs.

More one for a negation on fashion ... I have one friend that says that one day she will do a "What not to wear" episode with me and stop me from wearing basicaly only jeans and nerd shirts =P

That is pretty much what I wear most of the time except replace nerd shirts with metal bands.

Leeness

My mom wants to put me on that show too. Haha. Too bad they would fail. Nothing looks good on me, sorry tv show.

I like the skirt, IN. Rock on.

Me too. Its cute! I don't think I'd be brave enough to wear it in the city - its pretty bold (I wore a lotita dress once and some people came and asked me why I was 'dressed like a pokemon', if that gives you an indication of folks here), but perhaps if I visited one of the more classier cities :p

Speaking of clothes, I bought this super cute dress, and wore it out for the first time last night. First time I've gone out bra-less, actually (that was a bit daunting :p).

I don't think I really have a 'style'. My wardrobe ranges from jeans and shirts, to pretty floral dresses and skirts I bought in Japan, to more punky stuff. Has anyone else bought a gaf shirt? I love mine. I really wish they had the "this is neogaf dude" one in womens..

Top Bottom