• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GirlGAF |OT 2| Shall I Compare Thee to a Summer's Eve?

Babies!

dLyzawA.gif

NetMapel

Guilty White Male Mods Gave Me This Tag
Back at the tinder thread, another member say that "Cindi on fire". I don't know if he's being sarcastic or not. Cindi is dropping truth bomb about men needing to take care themselves to some extend too with some hygiene and she listed out some of the things she does to take care of herself. Feels like another way of calling female "bossy" when she asserts herself just a little bit extra.

WaffleTaco

Wants to outlaw technological innovation.
Do it now! Now is always the best time. :D I've always put the highest priority on travel/adventure/experiences and it's never steered me wrong. You don't want regrets at the end, after all.

Sadly I wish I could. Finishing up my senior year, then law school. Probably the one thing that bums me out about going into law, is that it's probably not good to try and settle somewhere else after getting that degree.

yeah i saw that. gross

ot has been really bad about this kind of stuff lately

the amy schumer thread was pretty bad too, although not as bad as the elizabeth smart one

What happened with Amy Schumer? And yeah that Elizabeth Smart thread is just gross.

Media

Dude I have three kids, all insanely hard in the 'I almost died' way pregnancies, I can't have any more because I don't even have a uterus any more, and I STILL get baby fever.

If I was intact I likely would have caved and had a forth by now, ugh.

My daughter the youngest keeps asking for a sister. Wahhhhh

Back at the tinder thread, another member say that "Cindi on fire". I don't know if he's being sarcastic or not. Cindi is dropping truth bomb about men needing to take care themselves to some extend too with some hygiene and she listed out some of the things she does to take care of herself. Feels like another way of calling female "bossy" when she asserts herself just a little bit extra.

lol he means he thinks I'm right. Don't worry about it sweetie.

So for a date today we went this new taqueria. We had a great time and I think I've infected him with one of my hobbies: the adventure to find the best tacos in the city! He thinks he's going to get ahead, but he's wrong!

The Amy Schumer thread is fucked. Lol haven't read too much because I don't want a headache!

Dude I have three kids, all insanely hard in the 'I almost died' way pregnancies, I can't have any more because I don't even have a uterus any more, and I STILL get baby fever.

If I was intact I likely would have caved and had a forth by now, ugh.

My daughter the youngest keeps asking for a sister. Wahhhhh

That's adorable. Does she have a lot of girl friends?

WaffleTaco

lol he means he thinks I'm right. Don't worry about it sweetie.

So for a date today we went this new taqueria. We had a great time and I think I've infected him with one of my hobbies: the adventure to find the best tacos in the city! He thinks he's going to get ahead, but he's wrong!

The Any Schumer thread is fucked. Lol haven't read it because I don't want a headache!

Yeah...you did yourself a favor there,with the Amy thread. A lot of people were just saying how she wasn't funny. And if I ever lived in a big city, I would totally do the same thing. Then again I just love food, and trying new places.

Finding the best tacos is always a noble goal! I could really go for some right now but I already decided on pizza tonight.

These days I limit myself to tacos once a month though so I'm always going some place new. Finding a lot of new places they are rip offs while offering okay quality. Are tacos "in" now or whatever? They've been my thing for the longest.

Waffletaco: I'd hope you'd enjoy taco hunting with that name!

InfiniteNine

Rolling Girl
Well I'm Hispanic so tacos have always been a thing for me. \o Even in school we'd get tacos from teachers for the class doing well or class parties. lol
Yeah more rip off places have popped up but finding a good place is great. I visit some random taqueria's when I'm done with one of my trials since the food they serve is unfulfilling and weeks of that has you craving for something good.
(Their tacos are bland and the fajitas are unseasoned. Salsa is awful, and so on. )

Nudull

Banned
...I should not have read that Elizabeth Smart thread.

Had to. It was down to my waist again, and when you hit the 4-5 month range post-birth your hair just starts falling out in droves. Was driving me crazy so I went and got it done. Hopefully it's not too 'Mom chop'. :p

I love your hair soooo much. *_*

i stopped eating meat, and one thing i miss dearly is tacos al pastor :'(

Bean tacos/burritos are awesome! :D

Well I'm Hispanic so tacos have always been a thing for me. o Even in school we'd get tacos from teachers for the class doing well or class parties. lol
Yeah more rip off places have popped up but finding a good place is great. I visit some random taqueria's when I'm done with one of my trials since the food they serve is unfulfilling and weeks of that has you craving for something good.
(Their tacos are bland and the fajitas are unseasoned. Salsa is awful, and so on. )

Finding a new place that has amazing tacos is always the best. The next time I'm in Dallas we need to hang out, girl. We would get tacos from the Spanish teacher in high school at the end of the year.

Recently been running into lots of places that have two tacos for like 8 bucks. And even if it's al pastor I sometimes regret it. It's just not that good. My local taqueria I can get three amazing tacos for like five bucks so maybe I'm just spoiled. And this place didn't even have any salsa roja. Was weird.

WaffleTaco

i stopped eating meat, and one thing i miss dearly is tacos al pastor :'(
I've considered doing this a lot...but I always can never go through with it.

Tacos al pastor is godliness. I've considered quitting meat consumption and al pastor always brings me back.

I prefer Quesadillas al pastor more than the taco version I think. However I did only have them once, and the place I had them wasn't that good.

olympia

I've considered doing this a lot...but I always can never go through with it.

i get a asked why i did it a lot. i always give the usual reasons: health, morality, environment.

but after a while i've realized that the real reason i do it is to reassure myself that i have self-control.

Nudull

Banned
i get a asked why i did it a lot. i always give the usual reasons: health, morality, environment.

but after a while i've realized that the real reason i do it is to reassure myself that i have self-control.

I know the feeling. I don't eat meat nearly as much as I used to.

Jobbs

Banned
I read a recipe for vegan tacos that uses jackfruit and pineapple to make the "meat". Never tried it but definitely curious. (I don't eat meat either)

Just watched 2012's "Maniac" or as I like to call it "Scalp-A-Bitch 2000"! If you're a fan of graphic gore and body disfiguration like me you may get a bit of a kick out of the film, but apart from that, pretty forgettable. The first person gimmick got a bit tiresome pretty early on.

I think I am just pretty conservative when it comes to foodstuffs. I'll eat a piece of fruit while I fix Mexican, but putting them together feels wrong.

But the "Mexican" I fix is mixing up Spanish rice, tomatoes, onions, and black beans with a pound of ground turkey, which is probably as weird as pineapple to some.

InfiniteNine

Rolling Girl
Since we have a few other artists here anyone use a tablet notebook for sketching on the go or anything? I was looking into probably getting a Cintiq 13HD and saw they had a tablet verison that works on it's own and the Surface stuff having a Wacom digitizer, so I was wondering what works for you and what you use exactly. o/ Right now I just got a cheap paper sketchbook and uni kuru toga 0.5 mechanical pencil for sketching on the go. I use a small Intuos 4 for doing it at home but desk space is kinda crappy with the built in desk here.

T
Nice! We're actually just south of Manchester in Knutsford. The Peaks and Buxton are especially pretty. Makes me miss Scotland. I will take Mi-Mi there someday. :)

And yes! Definitely hoping for some Dead Endings inspiration. I was able to get out chapter 2 for their last issue (did you see the new arts for it in the writing thread?) and we're targeting October for chapter 3. Perfect for Halloween time~ Fingers crossed that the devil child does well with the transition to cot this coming week...

Had to. It was down to my waist again, and when you hit the 4-5 month range post-birth your hair just starts falling out in droves. Was driving me crazy so I went and got it done. Hopefully it's not too 'Mom chop'. :p

Knutsford sounds like a dream! So's the peaks and buxton~ (i googled) ... Would have love to visit the highlands of scotland one day~ Mi-mi is such a cute nick for minihapro XD

I didn't see the art for chapter 2 :< (havent been to the writing thread at all) LINK???

Oct would be perf for chapter 3!

good luck transitioning Mi-Mi to cot o7

............... and your new haircut is super adorbs. and not too mom chop at all <3

Since we have a few other artists here anyone use a tablet notebook for sketching on the go or anything? I was looking into probably getting a Cintiq 13HD and saw they had a tablet verison that works on it's own and the Surface stuff having a Wacom digitizer, so I was wondering what works for you and what you use exactly. o/ Right now I just got a cheap paper sketchbook and uni kuru toga 0.5 mechanical pencil for sketching on the go. I use a small Intuos 4 for doing it at home but desk space is kinda crappy with the built in desk here.

I have a Wacom Intuos pro medium.

InfiniteNine

Rolling Girl
I have a Wacom Intuos pro medium.

Oh that's a nice size! I've always had the small versions of things due to cost $20 small genreic tablet -> Bamboo small -> different model Bamboo small-> Intuos 4 Small. I imagine the bigger active area is great! I used one visiting a friend's and his wife in LA and it was a nice experience having all that room. The Wacom station at AX was pretty nice looking too but I refrained since I don't think I would be able to control myself. (Also the person at the cintiq was doing a really beautiful drawing at the time I was visiting.)
Going to see if these ADD meds help out for focusing while practicing. I've pretty much just done some light anatomic studies for a long while and haven't branched out because my focus is crap.

Misha

Banned

I have a vaio z canvas. it generally works really well for me but its really expensive and the only reason I got it is cause it was 60% off. Its powerful enough for me that its my only computer and I use it for gaming and stuff too. pretty sure the power is meant for stuff like 3d modeling and video editing but I haven't needed it for those yet :p

InfiniteNine

Rolling Girl
I have a vaio z canvas. it generally works really well for me but its really expensive and the only reason I got it is cause it was 60% off. Its powerful enough for me that its my only computer and I use it for gaming and stuff too. pretty sure the power is meant for stuff like 3d modeling and video editing but I haven't needed it for those yet :p

Oh wow, I just looked it up and that price! Good job on finding that deal.

InfiniteNine

Rolling Girl
Bamboo is fine if all you want to do is draw digitally but I suggest at least an Intuous.

Yeah I still got my Intuos 4 in my lap right now! Actually doing some more anatomy study while watching someone stream Zelda TP. Was more looking to on the go sketching since laptop with tablet on the bus isn't the most comfy situation and seeing some artists I follow on twitter using a Surface or iPad Pro for on the go stuff peeked my interest. I can't exactly tweet at them some questions though since the ones that I've noticed using those only speak Japanese. One thing I should probably take a look at is bringing paper sketch book and test things out on the bus anyways since I get motion sickness playing handhelds or reading on the bus/car/rollercoaster and I figure that might be the same kinda situation.

I just remembered I found that deal in this thread: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1163361

seems to be regularly updating so it might still be useful. OP seems to be fairly knowledgeable too
there seems to be a decent variety tho so make sure its as art oriented as you'd want

Oh this seems promising! I'll keep an eye on that thread since I'd like to trade in my current lappy for a USB-C compliant tablet/laptop with an i5 if I can. Then I can use one of those external video card docks like the Razer Core for games when I'm stuck in the clinic for weeks or visiting family and when I'm not I can just grab it and sketch on the bus, or waiting in reception.

i has a bamboo :>

Newer bamboo's look pretty nice! I remember my first one with the plastic overlay and built in pen holder. (I miss that pen holder since I lose my pen all the time.)

I can't afford a cintiq now. But I'm jealous if you can. Cintiq for the both of us.

Also baby fever isn't fun, Siby. Sometimes I wonder if I'd even make a good mom since I'm too much extra. Lol but other times the fever is strong and my stomach feels empty and it needs something in it. :(

olympia

i used a huion until it disintegrated, then i got used intous 4. i've used display tablets before but i realized that i like regular tablets more. i wouldn't mind having an iPad pro

snype

Wait I think I read your original post wrong. You want a tablet for digital artwork? Like, just a regular tablet you draw on with a stylus? When I read Cintiq I thought you were in the market for a stylus tablet but do you mean tablet tablet? What's this about Surface? I'm confused.

Top Bottom