• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GirlGAF |OT 2| Shall I Compare Thee to a Summer's Eve?

InfiniteNine

Rolling Girl
Well I don't really think it should be too much to have a serious conversation and talk about where you two see your lives heading. It'll give you a better perspective of things at least.

It's ok Cindi. I get crazy when I see puppies and dogs in general myself. Nobody can keep me from petting them!!!

PUPPIES ARE AWESOME~

i also get crazy when i see them

almost as crazy as i get when i see sephiroths

on another note, my puppy is sleeping on my lap atm so i cant move and my legs are going numb

HALP

should i make a gaf thread?

/jk lol

Three months seems kinda early, but if you're both into it, then you're both into it. Sit him down and talk about the possibilities.

Is three months really too early? I'm not saying I want kids with him now or anything. But I would love to have them eventually and I don't see the point in being with someone who doesn't want kids. I feel like I have to know his thoughts on it. I mean if you're moving in with someone and you're taking the relationship to the next level I figure it should be on the table: what do you want in the future? Do our paths align?

NetMapel

Guilty White Male Mods Gave Me This Tag
PUPPIES ARE AWESOME~

i also get crazy when i see them

almost as crazy as i get when i see sephiroths

on another note, my puppy is sleeping on my lap atm so i cant move and my legs are going numb

HALP

should i make a gaf thread?

/jk lol
Pic or gtfo

Pic or gtfo

Z6z8alD.jpg

red cardigan over my lap cuz its winter here

and oh no. my right leg is now completely gone gek

and cindi, maybe just see how bf feels about the idea in general before you broach the subject? babies are great~

NetMapel

Guilty White Male Mods Gave Me This Tag
How long, Cindi, have you known your bf before getting together ? I mean, if you guys have known each others for quite some time before getting together and are super comfortable with each others, then yeah maybe it's fine to bring up "babies". If that's not the case, I can definitely see potential for the guy get a little mindblower by baby topic.

Ceallach

Smells like fresh rosebuds
I...have have bad baby fever. A co worker brought her six week old baby to work today so we could all say hi and meet the baby and I turned into goo. I love babies and I can't explain it. I always have but recently it's gotten ridiculous. Like to the point where my stomach gets butterflies when I'm around one to see if the baby is being cared for.

I don't know what to do. I'm infertile. I want to adopt two children eventually. I want to bring up the subject of children to my boyfriend to see what he thinks. We'll be living together soon and I figured if we could live together it's not too early to bring up the subject of children to see what he thinks. I'm worried I'll be bringing the topic up too late because we are three months into the relationship and now I'm invested and shit. I'm scared I'll scare him off with the talk of children. He's the same age as me (30) but it's in the back of my mind that it'll turn him off. He has hinted of someday wanting children but I don't know. I realize I should have probably brought it up earlier because why invest time with someone who isn't on the same wavelength on the topic like this, but fuck.

I want to be a mom when I'm at least 35 and I'm worried that's too old and shit.

Am I making this out of nothing? I've never had this talk with a partner before. Well, I have, but not as seriously as this.

35 is not too old at all, especially if you arent going to be having the baby yourself.

I had my kid at 28. If I have another, I'll be much older(31 now) if I have another. Havent ruled it out, but I cant see being a single mom to more than one and I dont see myself coupling with anyone

If he can't you have major issues that will tell you worlds

Before anyone thinks I'm incompetent, it's not that we haven't discussed the topic of children or marriage before or discussed the future or anything. We talked about whether or not we want children or to get married someday on the first date. But I need to know for sure, because it's getting serious. I think I feel this way purely because I'm infertile and adoption has been my go to plan for ages now. We talked about kids before, but I never fully talked about how I would go about this process. Not all guys are okay with adoption. They want a little them running around. So I know he eventually wants kids, but I'm not sure if he wants kids with ol Cindi "can't get pregnant" Mayweather. He knows I can't have children and he decided to stay with me despite that. But the question begs, if we wanted children, how would you want to go about it? The reason I'm worried is because that can be interpreted as "I want children NOW!" or whatever. The fact we will be living together, I think marks that it's time to have that talk.

Ceallach

Smells like fresh rosebuds
Before anyone thinks I'm incompetent, it's not that we haven't discussed the topic of children or marriage before or discussed the future or anything. We talked about whether or not we want children or to get married someday on the first date. But I need to know for sure, because it's getting serious. I think I feel this way purely because I'm infertile and adoption has been my go to plan for ages now. We talked about kids before, but I never fully talked about how I would go about this process. Not all guys are okay with adoption. They want a little them running around. So I know he eventually wants kids, but I'm not sure if he wants kids with ol Cindi "can't get pregnant" Mayweather. He knows I can't have children and he decided to stay with me despite that. But the question begs, if we wanted children, how would you want to go about it? The reason I'm worried is because that can be interpreted as "I want children NOW!" or whatever. The fact we will be living together, I think marks that it's time to have that talk.
Definitely a good time. Have you considered surrogacy or is that not a can of worms yoy care about opening?

Definitely a good time. Have you considered surrogacy or is that not a can of worms yoy care about opening?

I've thought about but that's his decision as much as mine if he's up for it.

I've thought that if i wanted any surrogate it has to be my little cousin. She looks just like me, from my skin tone to my Cherokee cheekbones. I'd want her to be my surrogate. But she's a lesbian and wants kids of her own someday so I feel like that'd be cruel.

I like the idea of adoption because the world is going to have tough times in the 2000's and the best I can do is help two kids have a family.

Nudull

Banned

Is surrogacy a common thing? With the usual hangups guys have about taking care of "someone else's seed", it makes me wonder what people think of such alternatives.

Nudull

Banned
I'm only noticing now that backslashbunny got banned. Wonder what happened.

i keep the fire alive
fiction and me are sephiroth fans. NO RAGRETS.

Fiction, WE LOVE YOU. hope you are doing wonderfully where ever you are <3

hohohohohoho HELLO ME

WHO KEEPS CLONING YESNO? o.o

olympia

i'm not even sure how bans work on this site. is it a temporary ban or...? or is a first violation just an immediate permaban

also i wish you could see what post someone got banned for

i never seem to notice when someone gets banned 'round here

most of the time it is temporary bans, except if it's like... egregious and blatant disregard for the forum's ToS, i think

and bans are never discussed. usually if anyone has any concerns or queries about a ban, they are advised to pm a mod

bunny's still at AsianGAF discord though, so in her case, i know that it's not a perma ban

Oh Christ, I can't even imagine. Why do people have to be so gross about the asian community? :/

well most of the time it's not malicious, but yeah, it gets quite demoralizing sometimes

asians are usually regarded as OK to be assholes to, cuz there's a lot of mixed messages about how well some asians are doing and how asians don't have it as bad as others, etc.

i...... dont let it under my skin because im in a pretty good position in my life, but yeah, i think it is a hard thing to deal with for some of my fellow asian gaffers.

i'm not even sure how bans work on this site. is it a temporary ban or...? or is a first violation just an immediate permaban

also i wish you could see what post someone got banned for

i never seem to notice when someone gets banned 'round here

Some are temporary, some are permanent, depends on what you do. You see the reason for what you are banned.

I think a ban if you are a junior member is an instant permaban though.

Ayumi

I...have have bad baby fever. A co worker brought her six week old baby to work today so we could all say hi and meet the baby and I turned into goo. I love babies and I can't explain it. I always have but recently it's gotten ridiculous. Like to the point where my stomach gets butterflies when I'm around one to see if the baby is being cared for.

I don't know what to do. I'm infertile. I want to adopt two children eventually. I want to bring up the subject of children to my boyfriend to see what he thinks. We'll be living together soon and I figured if we could live together it's not too early to bring up the subject of children to see what he thinks. I'm worried I'll be bringing the topic up too late because we are three months into the relationship and now I'm invested and shit. I'm scared I'll scare him off with the talk of children. He's the same age as me (30) but it's in the back of my mind that it'll turn him off. He has hinted of someday wanting children but I don't know. I realize I should have probably brought it up earlier because why invest time with someone who isn't on the same wavelength on the topic like this, but fuck.

I want to be a mom when I'm at least 35 and I'm worried that's too old and shit.

Am I making this out of nothing? I've never had this talk with a partner before. Well, I have, but not as seriously as this.
Edit:
Eh, he's a grown ass man. He can handle the question "I don't want kids now, but how do you feel about having them in the future?"
Just throw it at him! If he wants kids, it shouldn't matter if they're adopted or not. Although adopting is extremely expensive in the short run, having kids by yourself is too in most countries. He'll be the dad anyway.

WaffleTaco

Wants to outlaw technological innovation.
I think on the subject of kids, you could bring it up kind of subtle. Basically make a comment on how you saw a baby at work and made you think about your own future. You can say how you two are moving in soon and this is important to you.

Morrigan Stark

Arrogant Smirk
Tinder thread delivers them laughs.

Got dudes mad I don't think a bunch of actors are my thing. It obviously means I'm not good looking and I am the reason men have low self esteem.

Is three months really too early? I'm not saying I want kids with him now or anything. But I would love to have them eventually and I don't see the point in being with someone who doesn't want kids. I feel like I have to know his thoughts on it. I mean if you're moving in with someone and you're taking the relationship to the next level I figure it should be on the table: what do you want in the future? Do our paths align?

Depends on the relationship. I've been with my GF for two months and we've talked about kids.

Like two days ago she asked me what I thought about adoption

Mistel

Banned
I think on the subject of kids, you could bring it up kind of subtle. Basically make a comment on how you saw a baby at work and made you think about your own future. You can say how you two are moving in soon and this is important to you.
I'd prefer the opposite approach as I feel if you've got to the stage where you're moving in together you can just ask straight up. I mean even thought I'm not too keen on kids I'd rather know where its going / what is wanted out of a relationship than it all up in the air.

WaffleTaco

Wants to outlaw technological innovation.
I'd prefer the opposite approach as I feel if you've got to the stage where you're moving in together you can just ask straight up. I mean even thought I'm not too keen on kids I'd rather know where its going / what is wanted out of a relationship than it all up in the air.
I think that's kind of what I meant when I was typing it, but I explained it poorly lol. Like just the initial conversation starter being subtle, and then explaining why having the conversation was important...if that makes any more sense.

Media

Tinder thread delivers them laughs.

Got dudes mad I don't think a bunch of actors are my thing. It obviously means I'm not good looking and I am the reason men have low self esteem.

What the hell, that's annoying. This 'all women have the same tastes' shit is so fucking upsetting.

Top Bottom