• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GirlGAF |OT 2| Shall I Compare Thee to a Summer's Eve?

NetMapel

Guilty White Male Mods Gave Me This Tag
5UGA5mg.gif

i wonder whats the job description of the two guys in green suits are

"cape manipulators"

?

:D
I work in the film visual effects industry so I see that stuff all the time haha. I like it though because we find some of those footages pretty funny sometimes.

I don't want to google this do I?

Googling and looking at the first image in the wikipedia artcile for "Prince Albert (genital piercing)" is your safest bet as it shows a default barbell piercing. There are some crazy variations of the piercing that look weird as hell! Just don't search for Prince Albert in google image search!

Leeness

Got this today from Amazon and I tried it out. I love it already and got lots of product build up from just a short five minute session.

http://youtu.be/upA6-IN9hx8

...interesting. I may look at getting one of these. I could always use something to help my shitty hair and scalp out.

One where I'm allowed to smoke weed and not get drug tested. Going to ask for a schedule change soon. I miss music life and doing Jiu Jitsu at night time.

Ha.

Schedule change will be good... I just like day time work better and having my evening to rest. I hope you can get your schedule change. :)

I say get it. My hair feels softer too and I barely did a thing.

I don't like night shifts either but it is what it is. Can't exactly complain when they put you on the night shift.

Leeness

I say get it. My hair feels softer too and I barely did a thing.

I don't like night shifts either but it is what it is. Can't exactly complain when they put you on the night shift.

I will look at it when I get paid next! Probably a good idea. :)

This is true. That's why I don't work at a job with the potential for night shifts anymore 😅

Media

Cross posted from Parent Gaf, because I realize I should have asked you guys first:

Parents of older kids:

My son hit 13 recently, and he's very, very much in the throes of puberty. I'm working him through it as best I can, but it gets awkward for him sometimes since I'm his mom. :/ I think he's handling it pretty well, all things considered. My middle son, at 10, is starting to show signs as well. So we've had lots of awkward as hell talks, about body hair and erm...night time emissions and such. Imagine having to explain to a kid why he sometimes wakes up with wet underwear when he didn't pee the bed. Ugh! Also having to explain about masturbation and shit. I wish his dad was more into like...being a dad.

My question is my daughter. She's nine, and I know I started my first period around that age. I know it's going to be harder for her (she is already terrified at the sight of blood) and she has issues feeling pain like normal folk, so I am worried she won't even notice anything is wrong until she starts bleeding. I've explained to her what will happen, and I will likely keep having that conversation with her to reinforce it, but my question:

They sell these 'first period packs' and stuff on Amazon. Should I get her one of those? Make it something she can look forward to to take the 'scary' out of it? Or just keep some pads on hand? (I don't use them anymore because after her I had a hysterectomy). I DO NOT want her to go through what I did: Starting at school with no fucking clue what was happening to me and panicking. Should I have her start carrying an emergency pad or two? Or is that a bit too much.

I realize I am likely overthinking this. I just want to spare her the 'embarrassment' of her first period. I also know she likely won't start as early as I did.

Any tips from you guys?

What was the one thing you wished your mom had done before your first period? I saw the 'My First Period' packs and was like 'That's perfect!' but I didn't really have a mom growing up so I am worried that would be more embarrassing than helpful :(

InfiniteNine

Rolling Girl
Got this today from Amazon and I tried it out. I love it already and got lots of product build up from just a short five minute session.

One where I'm allowed to smoke weed and not get drug tested. Going to ask for a schedule change soon. I miss music life and doing Jiu Jitsu at night time.

OH apparently this helps with dandruff which I have problems with sometimes with lately for some reason. Not sure about the promoting hair growth thing though since my hair grows really fast already. Looking at my dye it's grown about half an inch since I had it cut and colored last month.

Platy

yea anatomy is an important foundation! (i am terribad with anatomy) i hope you will go further and further with your art studies (and enjoyment), infinine <3 building up confidence is a struggle most artists face, i think. and yes colouring is the evil. i can totes relate there, infi~

one day i will learn how to colour DOHOHOHOHO

Usualy when I sketch it is some random stuff like :

dCJApIi.png

(sorry for crap cropping .. this was a fast instagram post xD)

Last inktober posts that I liked where more focused .. and yet still random

Delirium meets Harley Quinn
3zVJ8wQ.png

Cheshire cat meats Sam Rockwell
exRoR4W.png

Back to the Future meets Jojo
ef8bjHA.png

Naked Cow and Chicken dude meets .... those pokemon butts that are keychain things
mlyWh0m.png

So basicaly ... I suck at anatomy or coloring =P

Holy fuck I just finished my hair for the night and IT'S SO SOFT after I massaged it. Holy shit, could be my first 5 star Amazon review.

Those are really good sketches, Platy. I love that devil from Cow and Chikn. Amazing drawing. I think you give yourself too little credit, and I love that Harley.

suzu

Cross posted from Parent Gaf, because I realize I should have asked you guys first:

What was the one thing you wished your mom had done before your first period? I saw the 'My First Period' packs and was like 'That's perfect!' but I didn't really have a mom growing up so I am worried that would be more embarrassing than helpful :(

There are some books tailored toward young girls and boys that explain puberty and all that. You could read through it together and answer any questions that come up.

The period packs sound like a good idea. I wish my mom had prepared me for it. Fortunately for me it started at home and not at school.

not in the position to yet, just window shopping :)

and the new cut is perfección! 10/10 would buy a book from!

Window shopping is always fun. ^_^ Wondering what they might look like (and act like) is very entertaining.

And cheers! I'll use that pic or maybe submit it to the Portrait thread for a drawing version for the back flap of book #2.

so pretty. suits you well! but I guess you could pull off any hairstyle really

Thanks, Trab. I was actually pretty worried because while I love having short hair I feel like it ages me a lot and at this age I reeeeally don't need that. Plus last time I cut it this short the reception wasn't nearly so good. ^_^;

Baby! Your baby is so cute! She looks like she doesn't know what to do: eat or hug mommy. Awww, and those big Bambi eyes. And daddy is feeding her! That is such an adorable photo! &#10084;&#65039;&#127868;&#10084;&#65039;

I agree with everyone. You look amazing and regal. Mom chop my ass, girl.

D'awwww, thanks, Cindi! I think she's filling out nicely (they always look so weird when newborn) since I posted her pics here last and she's pretty cute when she's not being Satan. Hair-wise, that's really heartening to hear. A woman next to me at the salon gasped when the stylist did the first cut and said she remembered when she got her 'Mom-chop'. I was like, shit, I AM getting a mom chop... ;_;

That's gorgeous, HPro. You seem to have hair like my Brazilian friend in high school. She had hair that grew an inch a month. She'd get a foot cut off when she started sitting on it, and nobody would notice.

<3 Thanks, wee~ It definitely grows fast, especially so when I was taking the prenatal/breastfeeding vitamins. Holy hair growth! Saves me when I get bad cuts, at least.

H. Pro! Welcome back! You and your babby are both beautiful! :)

Hey-hey, Lee. Thank ya and glad to be connected again. I'm sure I'll post more as the horrors of staying home eat at my sanity. :D

Weba H.Pro! Your haircut looks great on you and good luck with the Euro lands move. \o/
Hope the babs is doing well.

Thanks, Infini! Hoping Europe treats us well too. It's going mostly OK. Weather is what you'd expect of Northern England, though...

HPro, you look gorgeous! No idea what you looked like before the cut, but this suits you so well.

And, are there other mommies in GirlGAF besides us two? Always fun talking to other moms! My daughter is 1 year, by the way. :3

Cheers, Ayumi. Previously, it was your typical "I can't be arsed to get a haircut" style of about a year and a half. :D

Oooh, good question. I know a few from Parent GAF thread, but not too many in here. Yet. Mwahaha.

Sadly I wish I could. Finishing up my senior year, then law school. Probably the one thing that bums me out about going into law, is that it's probably not good to try and settle somewhere else after getting that degree.

Sounds a bit too packed? You need time to explore and experience stuff outside of work/study. Any chance you can do a gap year before you start law school? Or, right before I went to college and again during the summer of my first year I worked in China (travel for teaching scheme) for a bit of travel. You could do something like that before you get tacked down.

Rösti;214371216 said:
I don't really eat out a lot so I can not recommend any particular chain or restaurant. However, Food Network has a great recipe for tofu tacos: http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/food-network-kitchens/tofu-tacos-recipe.html

Also @H.Protagonist, that's a nice hairstyle. :)

Thanks, Rosti! And...taaaaaacoooooooooos. So hungry now.

I love your hair soooo much. *_*

Thanks, Nudull!

Knutsford sounds like a dream! So's the peaks and buxton~ (i googled) ... Would have love to visit the highlands of scotland one day~ Mi-mi is such a cute nick for minihapro XD

I didn't see the art for chapter 2 :< (havent been to the writing thread at all) LINK???

Oct would be perf for chapter 3!

good luck transitioning Mi-Mi to cot o7

............... and your new haircut is super adorbs. and not too mom chop at all <3

Buxton is definitely pretty, but yeah, the Highlands are where it's at. I lived in Dunoon for a few years as a kid and I remember loving the cruel edge of the sea and hills there.

New cover arts for book 2 for the mag. There'll be a new-new cover for the full book version, though, I think.

We haven't settled on a name yet so for now it's just "Book 2" or maybe "DEAAAAATH BALLOONS." :D

The art for chapter 2 has a flying croissant.

Hpro, cute haircut, cute baby~

YesNo, your lines and art style is pretty~

Thank you, suzu~!

@hapuro~

Dunoon sounds like it has that strange and ancient beauty about it, haunting and cutting at same time. You are such a worldly woman, hapuro~ <3 china, scotland, australia, japan, and now england?? respects, yooooo~

mi-mi's mama so awesome! <3

and woah i love that art! death ballooons! DEATH BALLOONS~ \o/ (title is hard, good luck u)

and flying croissant! so cool! should fly into my mouth~ omnomnomnom :D

Zaphrynn

You could always suggest it and let her decide. My period started at school and it was pretty embarrassing. I think I was able to get outta there without anyone knowing. I believe I was around 12 years old. I remember realizing what happened and I tried to ignore it by stuffing a bunch of paper towels in my underwear. Obviously didn't work. I might've liked having the option to run to my locker or something and grabbing a pad. I was a super anxious kid though, so it's hard for me to say in retrospect.

After I cleaned up my mom wanted to know if I wanted to go back to school that day and I was like "Helllll no". I totally could have but felt I deserved the day off haha.

H. Pro, I used to work at a salon(receptionist) and I think the short hair really suits your face!

Jobbs

Banned
I'm such a hypocrite though because I love how tattoos and piercings look on other people but I won't do it to myself. I just have one small tat on my upper arm.

My exactly... I am a huge proponent of tattoos and piercings (it's not permanent... we're all rotting away, may as well draw pictures on ourselves) but I currently have none. :D Frozen by indecision!

A normal non OT shift for me is 3 AM to Noon.

Whomp whomp.
Edit: that feeling when you reply to a conversation that was going on at the top of the thread when you view 100 posts at a time.

H.pro your baby and you are beautiful. Her eyes! Omg! Like a baby Disney princess.

I'm in my mid 20s and I haven't been hit hard by the baby fever, but my stance is softening. I've gone from "I can't see myself having a baby" to "hmmmmm"

Leeness

OH apparently this helps with dandruff which I have problems with sometimes with lately for some reason. Not sure about the promoting hair growth thing though since my hair grows really fast already. Looking at my dye it's grown about half an inch since I had it cut and colored last month.

Holy fuck I just finished my hair for the night and IT'S SO SOFT after I massaged it. Holy shit, could be my first 5 star Amazon review.

Well, I ordered one. Lol. If it helps with dandruff and makes hair soft, then I'm down with it.

Hey-hey, Lee. Thank ya and glad to be connected again. I'm sure I'll post more as the horrors of staying home eat at my sanity. :D

Hahaha I want to stay at home sometimes! ... But would never make it with a baby, so post away! Lol.

WaffleTaco

Wants to outlaw technological innovation.
Sounds a bit too packed? You need time to explore and experience stuff outside of work/study. Any chance you can do a gap year before you start law school? Or, right before I went to college and again during the summer of my first year I worked in China (travel for teaching scheme) for a bit of travel. You could do something like that before you get tacked down.
It's not too bad, my work has been pretty sporadic since June, so I've had some down time and a couple vacations (just Florida). I guess I could do a gap year, but the main thing would be my getting behind my girlfriend on our plan. She's a sophomore right now and plans to get a master a year after her senior year. If she gets a Intership at Disney, she would be down there for around seven months and if her timeline is over the summer, I could try and something abroad. I honestly just want to be done with school and get on with my life.

Mistel

Banned
Usualy when I sketch it is some random stuff like :

dCJApIi.png

(sorry for crap cropping .. this was a fast instagram post xD)
The Alakazam in the corner is cute, I wish my drawing was half that good then my field notes for coursework wouldn't look half as dire.
What did you teach in China if you don't mind me asking? As I'm getting some teaching experience in Uni anyway so I might do something like that afterwards unless I go straight into masters for engineering geology.

Kimaka

This looks very useful. Even after shampooing, I still have product build up left over in my hair.

That it is brown/dark red initially. My mom told me about periods, but I was expecting it to look red. I was so confused when it happened. I thought I somehow got poop stains down there. Also, blood clots. Boy, I thought something majorly wrong was going on when I had those.

Media

There are some books tailored toward young girls and boys that explain puberty and all that. You could read through it together and answer any questions that come up.

The period packs sound like a good idea. I wish my mom had prepared me for it. Fortunately for me it started at home and not at school.

Thanks a bunch, will look into getting that book!

You could always suggest it and let her decide. My period started at school and it was pretty embarrassing. I think I was able to get outta there without anyone knowing. I believe I was around 12 years old. I remember realizing what happened and I tried to ignore it by stuffing a bunch of paper towels in my underwear. Obviously didn't work. I might've liked having the option to run to my locker or something and grabbing a pad. I was a super anxious kid though, so it's hard for me to say in retrospect.

After I cleaned up my mom wanted to know if I wanted to go back to school that day and I was like "Helllll no". I totally could have but felt I deserved the day off haha.

H. Pro, I used to work at a salon(receptionist) and I think the short hair really suits your face!

She is definitely taking the day off on her first period lol. If she's cursed like I was she's going to have a heavy flow and a lot of pain.

This looks very useful. Even after shampooing, I still have product build up left over in my hair.

That it is brown/dark red initially. My mom told me about periods, but I was expecting it to look red. I was so confused when it happened. I thought I somehow got poop stains down there. Also, blood clots. Boy, I thought something majorly wrong was going on when I had those.

Oooooh that's a good idea. I got massive clots too.

Thanks for the responses everyone!

Jesus Christ the next few days are going to be tiring.

I usually have Tuesday's and Wednesday's off. I was sick the other week and had to miss work right? Well I'm not leaving that $$$ off the table so I decided to work on days I normally have off. Last night I left work at 1:30 AM, managing to get off early by 30 minutes. Then I took a shower, brushed my teeth, and did my hair. Got in bed at maybe 2:30.

Today:

10:00 - woke up, brushed teeth, got dressed for the gym
10:30 - all body weight lift workout
11:30 - shower and brunch with bf
12:15 - 2:30 - art
2:45 - lunch
3:00 - work
12:30 - left work
1:30 - hopefully bed after showering, brushing teeth, and doing hair

Tomorrow:

9:40 - wake up, brush teeth, shower, eat apple
10:30 - Jiu Jitsu
12:00 - shower, wash gi, and date with boyfriend
1:30 - art class
2:30 - cook dinner for the rest of the week to take to work
1:00 - leave work

Repeat.

Thank God for smartphones and the 3ds. I need to talk about a schedule change soon dammit. Bringing my sketch book to work tomorrow. I can get a few hours in there.

Leeness

Jesus Christ the next few days are going to be tiring.

I usually have Tuesday's and Wednesday's off. I was sick the other week and had to miss work right? Well I'm not leaving that $$$ off the table so I decided to work on days I normally have off. Last night I left work at 1:30 AM, managing to get off early by 30 minutes. Then I took a shower, brushed my teeth, and did my hair. Got in bed at maybe 2:30.

Today:

10:00 - woke up, brushed teeth, got dressed for the gym
10:30 - all body weight lift workout
11:30 - shower and brunch with bf
12:15 - 2:30 - art
2:45 - lunch
12:30 - left work
1:30 - hopefully bed after showering, brushing teeth, and doing hair

Tomorrow:

9:40 - wake up, brush teeth, shower, eat apple
10:30 - Jiu Jitsu
12:00 - shower, wash gi, and date with boyfriend
1:30 - art class
2:30 - cook dinner for the rest of the week to take to work
1:00 - leave work

Repeat.

Thank God for smartphones and the 3ds. I need to talk about a schedule change soon dammit. Bringing my sketch book to work tomorrow. I can get a few hours in there.

Noooo sorry you're having a rough few days. :( Please take care of yourself and don't worry about replying to my PM at all. &#10084;&#65039;

Ayumi

I believe it is time we debate the best/most attractive accents.

I submit Australian and open the topic up for discussion.
No argument from me! Australian is usually hot as hell.

I do like guys with a French accent too.. It sounds even nicer in Japanese than English. (I'm half French, but my opinion is unbiased!)

Jobbs

Banned
I love aussie accents and cast two australian actresses in my game. :3

incidentally I found I couldn't ask actors to "put on" an australian accent because, at least in my experience, it always resulted in a croc hunter sounding caricature, not like a real aussie.

Morrigan Stark

Arrogant Smirk

English, for sure. Australian isn't bad, but the classy London accent is just *drools*. Most UK accents are nice, though, as well as South African.

Worst: French, followed by French Canadian. Absolutely horrible.

incidentally I found I couldn't ask actors to "put on" an australian accent because, at least in my experience, it always resulted in a croc hunter sounding caricature, not like a real aussie.
A friend of mine is really good at accents and she does a very convincing, non-caricatural Austrahhhlian accent. It's pretty awesome. If I ever make a game, I'm hiring her as VA. :D

suzu

Received Pronunciation English. But I can like a lot of accents, as long as it's understandable and the speaker's voice + tone is pleasant. lol

I find some German and Swedish accents to be cute too.

Top Bottom