• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GirlGAF |OT 2| Shall I Compare Thee to a Summer's Eve?

i think probably she meant one of those tablets you can draw straight onto its surface on

those looks fab, but i like regular draw tablets a lot as is

Sibylus

Banned
I can't afford a cintiq now. But I'm jealous if you can. Cintiq for the both of us.

Also baby fever isn't fun, Siby. Sometimes I wonder if I'd even make a good mom since I'm too much extra. Lol but other times the fever is strong and my stomach feels empty and it needs something in it. :(

Yeah, I too have a lot of doubts about whether or not I would be a good mom. I could do better than my parents, at least?

sucks that both options would add a ton more costs on top of how expensive having children already is.

Yes, and I'm already starting off poor in life lol.

InfiniteNine

Rolling Girl
I can't afford a cintiq now. But I'm jealous if you can. Cintiq for the both of us.

Also baby fever isn't fun, Siby. Sometimes I wonder if I'd even make a good mom since I'm too much extra. Lol but other times the fever is strong and my stomach feels empty and it needs something in it. :(

I can't at the moment but considering the investment you put into those wanted to get some opinions. lol

@infinine, ooooooooh that looks so sleek... i still have the black matte one from years ago :>

infi never shows us infi's arts~ pls share~
Yeah that was my first wacom one the first one I used was an offbrand tablet that cost $20 and had a wired pen. This is my current set up:
nrf3HZCl.jpg
I don't really share too often because I either don't like the drawings or I don't finish them. lol So most of my time is spent trying to understand anatomy and sketching that.
Here is a couple months old Tracer sketch:
i used a huion until it disintegrated, then i got used intous 4. i've used display tablets before but i realized that i like regular tablets more. i wouldn't mind having an iPad pro

snype
Ah I did the same thing after my last Bamboo died. Thinking I should probably try a display tablet first now since you didn't gel with it and yeah looking at some iPad Pro stuff made me really interested in it but it seems to expensive for what it is to me, and I think you have to purchase the Apple pen separately. Going to have to find out if Wacom is going to any nearby events soon so I can get my hands on a Cintiq/ Companion to use.

Wait I think I read your original post wrong. You want a tablet for digital artwork? Like, just a regular tablet you draw on with a stylus? When I read Cintiq I thought you were in the market for a stylus tablet but do you mean tablet tablet? I'm confused.

Yeah, when I mentioned Cintiq I probably should have specified Cintiq Companion 2! Sorry for the confusion! http://www.wacom.com/en-us/products/pen-displays/cintiq-companion-2

@infinine, aaaaah i do what you do toooo (not finishing sketches, i mean) (it's a bad habit) (i'm trying to break it and finish more stuff but ....... bad habits are so hard to break)

your drawings are very nice <3 that tracer is great !!! ty for sharing <3

i also heard surface pro 3 does a decent job as an art tablet, so im looking into that :>

Hey Jez, how've you been? :eek:

Pretty good! Just chilling with a bottle of Jäger and listening to some new albums I picked up from my local record shop.

yE68Fb8.png

Phenomena - Phenomena (1985)
Coheed & Cambria - Good Apollo, I'm Burning Star IV (2005)
Fleetwood Mac - Rumours (1977)
Molly Hatchet - Flirtin' With Disaster (1979)
Cannibal Corpse - Butchered At Birth (1991)
Oysterhead - The Grand Pecking Order (2001)

Got 2 weeks off so I got plenty of time to be a lazy cunt. Looking forward to it.

InfiniteNine

Rolling Girl
@infinine, aaaaah i do what you do toooo (not finishing sketches, i mean) (it's a bad habit) (i'm trying to break it and finish more stuff but ....... bad habits are so hard to break)

your drawings are very nice <3 that tracer is great !!! ty for sharing <3

i also heard surface pro 3 does a decent job as an art tablet, so im looking into that :>

It's a hard habit to break but I think it's just mostly my own dissatisfaction in my work, but I've been using a different method for anatomy sketches the past few days which has been working wondering on my confidence. Going to just keep on trying new things and see if it's just I've been trying to do things that don't work for me. The thing I have the most problems with is coloring though that's something I've always struggled with for some reason to the point when I was younger I just did black and white art pieces.

And thank you Nono. :) I'd love to see some of yours sometimes too!

Yeah I heard that too just looking at my options for now since having something thats easy to take on trips would be nice. Although I might still have to fight off motion sickness on the bus. (dramamine doesn't work.)

Media

HPro, you look gorgeous! No idea what you looked like before the cut, but this suits you so well.

And, are there other mommies in GirlGAF besides us two? Always fun talking to other moms! My daughter is 1 year, by the way. :3

I missed this earlier but I have three, two boys and a girl. Oldest is 13, middle son is 10 and my little girl is 9.

My oldest has run head long into puberty, so I will have advice for y'all when you get there. Pray for me.

It's a hard habit to break but I think it's just mostly my own dissatisfaction in my work, but I've been using a different method for anatomy sketches the past few days which has been working wondering on my confidence. Going to just keep on trying new things and see if it's just I've been trying to do things that don't work for me. The thing I have the most problems with is coloring though that's something I've always struggled with for some reason to the point when I was younger I just did black and white art pieces.

And thank you Nono. :) I'd love to see some of yours sometimes too!

Yeah I heard that too just looking at my options for now since having something thats easy to take on trips would be nice. Although I might still have to fight off motion sickness on the bus. (dramamine doesn't work.)

yea anatomy is an important foundation! (i am terribad with anatomy) i hope you will go further and further with your art studies (and enjoyment), infinine <3 building up confidence is a struggle most artists face, i think. and yes colouring is the evil. i can totes relate there, infi~

my stuff, uh i did some portrait studies and a lot of sketches for inktober last year~

gaf portraits:

inktober:

and just a quickie of furiosa cuz i love herrrr omg

one day i will learn how to colour DOHOHOHOHO

Media

yea anatomy is an important foundation! (i am terribad with anatomy) i hope you will go further and further with your art studies (and enjoyment), infinine <3 building up confidence is a struggle most artists face, i think. and yes colouring is the evil. i can totes relate there, infi~

my stuff, uh i did some portrait studies and a lot of sketches for inktober last year~

gaf portraits:

inktober:

Holy cow you are so talented. That's incredible.

InfiniteNine

Rolling Girl
Oh those are great Nono! <3 I really like the cloth on the second to last one because I'm a cloth fetishist for some reason.
I love seeing well drawn cloth!

its just standard ink, cindi~ i use uh.... artliner? brand. it's stuff you can get off any stationery shop :>

i had some micron pens somewhere but i dont art often enough since my full time job takes most of my days now so i havent bought any new proper art supplies :< (also gaming and internetting are taking way, way too much of my time share) (lol)

ty media and infinine~ i just draw as hobby but any positive reinforcements are very much appreciated <3

its just standard ink, cindi~ i use uh.... artliner? brand. it's stuff you can get off any stationery shop :>

i had some micron pens somewhere but i dont art often enough since my full time job takes most of my days now so i havent bought any new proper art supplies :< (also gaming and internetting are taking way, way too much of my time share) (lol)

ty media and infinine~ i just draw as hobby but any positive reinforcements are very much appreciated <3

Pen and ink was my favorite medium and high school. Love it. I'd love to go back to traditional but currently lack the space. Your line work is great!

olympia

gaf portraits:

inktober:

amazing work!

Jobbs

Banned
gaf portraits:

*rubs eyes*

what

will everyone kindly stop being better than me at everything please :( I thought drawing was my thing

also I use an intuous pro large (which recently had the leftmost portion go dead which is annoying..). It's alright, but I feel like I've never been totally happy with an intuous tablet since my intuos 3. They keep overdesigning these things and every time I set them up it's a big effort to strip down all the annoying crap.

Leeness

Y'all are amazing artists. <3

I used to art (went to school for it) but couldn't make a living out of it and I don't get to do much anymore. It makes me sad sometimes.

butwhy.gif

I got a kink for nipple stuff, and love the aesthetic of nipple piercings, and piercings have been known to increase sensitivity so it's a potential double whammy for me. And the icing on the cake? Bar piercings can have accesories attached onto them!

Place I'm getting the piercing done has these pentagram dealies I can clip on once my nipples will have healed enough, they look rad as fuck!

mbjiu7m.png

Tell me what it feels like.

Will do boss! In-depth report coming next week!

My nips are already pretty sensitive. I don't need to amp it up at all.

I'm such a hypocrite though because I love how tattoos and piercings look on other people but I won't do it to myself. I just have one small tat on my upper arm.

Morrigan Stark

Arrogant Smirk
Hah, I wear pentagram earrings myself, they look cool and I got a few compliments on them. But I'd find it rather pointless to wear cool looking accessories on, well, more private areas, not to mention the pain... >_< Eh, you do you, but I have to say, I'll never really get it.

Leeness

Eek, good luck, JJJ.

Don't think I would ever do that haha. My boobs hang enough, I don't need other things hanging off of them (._. )

Top Bottom