• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GirlGAF |OT 2| Shall I Compare Thee to a Summer's Eve?

all asian based english accents always are at the bottom for most people

its great because even though im australian, i have asian accent \o/

wait

/jk uh... im not sure... maybe spanish accent, for me

WaffleTaco

Wants to outlaw technological innovation.
I think I like German, English, French, Australian accents. I find Chinese, Japanese, Indian, and Spanish accents too be cute as well. I dislike most Boston, Southern, and New York accents.

For girls, the SoCal/valley girl accent is my favorite. For boys, can't beat a light Irish accent!

Accents are fun though. I'm glad there are so many ways people talk. It keeps things interesting.

Morrigan Stark

Arrogant Smirk
Oh, cool! Does she have a reel or anything, or is she not actually in VO(yet)?
Nahh she's not into VA, though she told me she considered it at some point. We just had an accents conversation going on during a road trip and she started talking in a bunch of different accents, which cracked me up because they felt really believable to me.

Media

Oh my gosh, I just got a job at a bar. 5 to close, starting Friday, tending. It's a backwoods bar so I doubt there will be much in the way of mixed drinks, but I'm going to watch a ton of YouTube videos and keep my phone handy none the less.

The things that suck: this will be first job in awhile, because I'm disabled. I have worked before with this condition, but it's rough as fuck.

Secondly, I start the day after my husband leaves for a job in another state. My oldest is 13, so he can babysit, but I've never left them alone at night before. Wahhhhh. They will be close, I can get home in five minutes if I punch it, but we live very Rural and there's no other houses for miles :( I feel better about having my giant ass scary as fuck dog more than I ever have.

Also, I am sure a bunch of drunk ass farmers.are.going to comment on my ass. If bar life is the same as it used to be anyhow.

Morrigan how is Ys? I've been thinking about a Vita but I'm not sure on it.

Oh my gosh, I just got a job at a bar. 5 to close, starting Friday, tending. It's a backwoods bar so I doubt there will be much in the way of mixed drinks, but I'm going to watch a ton of YouTube videos and keep my phone handy none the less.

The things that suck: this will be first job in awhile, because I'm disabled. I have worked before with this condition, but it's rough as fuck.

Secondly, I start the day after my husband leaves for a job in another state. My oldest is 13, so he can babysit, but I've never left them alone at night before. Wahhhhh. They will be close, I can get home in five minutes if I punch it, but we live very Rural and there's no other houses for miles :( I feel better about having my giant ass scary as fuck dog more than I ever have.

Also, I am sure a bunch of drunk ass farmers.are.going to comment on my ass. If bar life is the same as it used to be anyhow.

Good luck. That night job life ain't for everyone. I think your 13 year old will take care of things. :) Plus it'll be Friday night so they can stay up late. Win win for everyone. The dog will protect them and I'm sure they'll be fine. Set up the Netflix if you've got it and get them some junk food. They'll make it.

As for the farmers making comments on your butt I wish you all the luck in the world. I'm not sure I could miss up the chance to fire back a retort that would get me in deep water lol.

Jobbs

Banned
Nahh she's not into VA, though she told me she considered it at some point. We just had an accents conversation going on during a road trip and she started talking in a bunch of different accents, which cracked me up because they felt really believable to me.

Oh! Well this is a terrific skillset for an aspiring VA. I've interacted with a fair number of them (nearly a dozen on cast and talked to quite a few more on top of that over the course of this) and only a select few have that full "can do tons of accents" type toolkit. A few are like that but most aren't.

I'm not sure if you are familiar with League of Legends, but the actress who plays Tristana is in my game. :3 She plays an old lady and does it very convincingly. She's one of the "can do anything" character actor types. Totally awesome.

Zaphrynn

I'm probably most into English and Irish accents =3

I listened to the new Crystal Castles album and...eh. It was okay.

That's how I felt about it. Some songs I really like, many I could skip.

Good luck on your new job! I'm sure your kids will be fine =) They'll enjoy the taste of perceived independence haha.

Ayumi

Morrigan how is Ys?
I'm not Morrigan, but, Ys is awesomeee. Everyone should play the games! I haven't played the Vita one yet though (only because I don't own a Vita) if that's the one you were thinking of? Steam has a decent selection of them so you can play most on PC.

Oh! Well this is a terrific skillset for an aspiring VA. I've interacted with a fair number of them (nearly a dozen on cast and talked to quite a few more on top of that over the course of this) and only a select few have that full "can do tons of accents" type toolkit. A few are like that but most aren't.
Imitating accents/people is and has always been "my thing" that I do for fun because it makes people laugh.

Even my fake English accents are better than my natural (especially if I do a Texan accent, or "Valley Girl" for instance). Maybe I should become a VA. lol

I'm not Morrigan, but, Ys is awesomeee. Everyone should play the games! I haven't played the Vita one yet though (only because I don't own a Vita) if that's the one you were thinking of? Steam has a decent selection of them so you can play most on PC.

Imitating accents/people is and has always been "my thing" that I do for fun because it makes people laugh.

Even my fake English accents are better than my natural (especially if I do a Texan accent, or "Valley Girl" for instance). Maybe I should become a VA. lol

I love Ys but I meant the one she got for her bday!

If you guys like Ys then you need to hit Xanadu Next when it comes out. ^_^

I love the Xanadu series. I've never played Next and had no idea it was coming. Steam?

I searched for a new Xanafu game this year and they made a new one in 2015 that looks like otaku bait. I wanted to cry.

In other news, I got off work at 2:30. On my day off. Christ. My body is so sore.

I love the Xanadu series. I've never played Next and had no idea it was coming. Steam?

I searched for a new Xanafu game this year and they made a new one in 2015 that looks like otaku bait. I wanted to cry.

In other news, I got off work at 2:30. On my day off. Christ. My body is so sore.

Yup, STEAM. It's in QA right now. I've still got some tweaking to do to it, too.

Work sounds rough. Bath time? Bath time. :)

Yup, STEAM. It's in QA right now. I've still got some tweaking to do to it, too.

Work sounds rough. Bath time? Bath time. :)

No bath tonight. No time. Shower. Bath is for tomorrow.

Sounds promising. Have you guys considered making a Xanadu collection? Xanadu Saturn version, Faxanadu, and Legend of Xanadu would be good fits for Steam but are definitely potential risks? I guess it also depends on PC versions available so it's comepletely up to Falcom at this point. I would love a Faxanadu remake...give Falcom the word please. :(

No bath tonight. No time. Shower. Bath is for tomorrow.

Sounds promising. Have you guys considered making a Xanadu collection? Xanadu Saturn version, Faxanadu, and Legend of Xanadu would be good fits for Steam but are definitely potential risks? I guess it also depends on PC versions available so it's comepletely up to Falcom at this point. I would love a Faxanadu remake...give Falcom the word please. :(

It also depends on who the rights holders are for NA release for those other games since they were already put out by different pubs. Like you, though, I would kill, outright murder, to get a Faxanadu remake. One of my all time best childhood memories, that game... I will certainly pass on those remake wishes~

Hope you're given enough time tomorrow to take a proper bath. Scalding hot, booze, bubbles, book... Ah, I want one now. Anyway, hang in there!

Nudull

Banned
I wouldn't have even given the Ys series a chance if it weren't for Morrigan's prodding. I'm glad I did, because Oath in Felghana is amazing! :D

*tips imaginary hat to H. Pro* XD

It also depends on who the rights holders are for NA release for those other games since they were already put out by different pubs. Like you, though, I would kill, outright murder, to get a Faxanadu remake. One of my all time best childhood memories, that game... I will certainly pass on those remake wishes~

Hope you're given enough time tomorrow to take a proper bath. Scalding hot, booze, bubbles, book... Ah, I want one now. Anyway, hang in there!

Faxanadu given the Wonder Boy Dragon's Trap treatment would be hnnnnnng. My fave side scroller RPG.

Jobbs

Banned

Receipts! :D Get on Vocaroo! Show me valley girl!

I posted in a Resident Evil 4 HD ps4/xbox one thread and it disappeared after. What the hell.

giphy.gif

Morrigan Stark

Arrogant Smirk
Morrigan how is Ys? I've been thinking about a Vita but I'm not sure on it.
I really liked it! Maybe not quite as good as the Steam ones, it's a bit different but it works well. I gave a PS TV to my boyfriend for last Christmas, since he was interested in a few Vita games, but I didn't care much because no Vita games interested me... except, well, Ys. And now he gave me that for my birthday haha.

I got the PS TV bundle for really cheap last holiday season, only $70 CAD for the PS TV, an extra DS3 controller, an 8 gig memory card (oh and and some shitty Lego game xD I didn't want it but w/e) on Amazon. I can't find that deal anymore though, but maybe during Black Friday sale you can find something like it? My boyfriend didn't want the handheld Vita (he is satisfied with his 3DS for handhelds) so the PS TV suited him (and, well, me) just fine. I don't know about you though, if you prefer an actual Vita you might need to hunt for some deals for it.

As for Ys: Memories of Celceta itself, yeah it's fun, I regretted not playing on Hard though. On Normal almost everything except a few minor optional side-quests were a total breeze. But it is this semi open-world map that you can explore at your own pace, exploration is fairly rewarding too, and the boss fights and music are typical of intense Ys action. You have to handle multiple party members now, but you switch between them on the fly, much like you'd switch magic/bracelet/power-up in the Steam Ys games, so it works well enough and combat still has a good flow.

If you guys like Ys then you need to hit Xanadu Next when it comes out. ^_^
Aaaaand when is that coming out, pray tell? :D

I wouldn't have even given the Ys series a chance if it weren't for Morrigan's prodding. I'm glad I did, because Oath in Felghana is amazing! :D

*tips imaginary hat to H. Pro* XD

Glad you liked it! And yeah I grin every time I see H. Pro's name in the XSEED credits. ^^ Thank you for your hard work Jess!

Took a bath with my guy after work. He said I'm the most beautiful woman he's ever seen and then deep kissed me after. My heart, please. It grew three times today/

Any time my guy and I try to take a bath or shower together it's hilariously awkward.

If it's a shower one of us is under the water and the other isn't quite... So one of us is shivering and we have to take turns under the water.

Showering with your s/o is the biggest double edged sword ever. On the one hand it's a huge turn on to be all wet and soapy and naked and on the other hand it's just about the worst place you could be if you want to act on your desires.

Baths? Forget about it. Gonna need a bigger tub.

WaffleTaco

Wants to outlaw technological innovation.
Took a bath with my guy after work. He said I'm the most beautiful woman he's ever seen and then deep kissed me after. My heart, please. It grew three times today/
That sounds so nice. I'm very happy for you =)
Any time my guy and I try to take a bath or shower together it's hilariously awkward.

If it's a shower one of us is under the water and the other isn't quite... So one of us is shivering and we have to take turns under the water.

Showering with your s/o is the biggest double edged sword ever. On the one hand it's a huge turn on to be all wet and soapy and naked and on the other hand it's just about the worst place you could be if you want to act on your desires.

When me and my SO take a shower together, usually it ends up that way, all awkward and not as fun as it could be. The worst is when someone falls because you don't want to get soap on them again.

Bath with s/o > shower with s/o in my experience.

Shower, he's too tall and it's hard for the water to hit me too. Bath, the tub is just big enough to have both of us in there. I can sit there almost in his lap and lay on chest. It's easier for him to bath you too. It's also easier for you to do the same. I just turn around get on my knees and wash him. Plus it's hot when he gets erect and you feel it on your back. You're in a position where you can make out or fuck right then and there. Or at least, enough teasing to make you want to fuck right after the bath! Plus, bubbles!

Bath > shower

Sibylus

Banned
I don't know how anyone could have sex in the tub. Water is the anti lube.

Depends on the water. Mineral count can and does vary from area to area.

I'm really used to hard water, so it's weird as hell to me whenever I go somewhere where the water is so... soft. It's alien. Hand-washing is more difficult!

Depends on the water. Mineral count can and does vary from area to area.

I'm really used to hard water, so it's weird as hell to me whenever I go somewhere where the water is so... soft. It's alien. Hand-washing is more difficult!

my s/o's parents live in the country where the water is really soft due to them having a water softener. I've stayed over there a couple times and whenever I take a shower the soap takes like a day to rinse off and i still come out feeling like a double reverse mermaid aka a fish.

Zaphrynn

Bath with s/o > shower with s/o in my experience.

Shower, he's too tall and it's hard for the water to hit me too. Bath, the tub is just big enough to have both of us in there. I can sit there almost in his lap and lay on chest. It's easier for him to bath you too. It's also easier for you to do the same. I just turn around get on my knees and wash him. Plus it's hot when he gets erect and you feel it on your back. You're in a position where you can make out or fuck right then and there. Or at least, enough teasing to make you want to fuck right after the bath! Plus, bubbles!

Bath > shower

Rawr this is how I feel. Cuddling in the tub is A++. I can't bang in a tub though. Though I haven't really tried it yet and your description does sound worth a try...

my s/o's parents live in the country where the water is really soft due to them having a water softener. I've stayed over there a couple times and whenever I take a shower the soap takes like a day to rinse off and i still come out feeling like a double reverse mermaid aka a fish.

My parents have soft water and I grew up with it, but it's so weird to me now. You feel slippery and like you aren't properly rinsed.

Rawr this is how I feel. Cuddling in the tub is A++. I can't bang in a tub though. Though I haven't really tried it yet and your description does sound worth a try...

Don't get me wrong. Everything about it is hot af except for the logistics of your vagina being like a hydraulic cylinder unless you're above the water on all fours or sitting on the edge of the tub but I feel like that's a slip and crack your head open accident waiting to happen.

Rest

All these years later I still chuckle at what a fucking moron that guy is.
Don't get me wrong. Everything about it is hot af except for the logistics of your vagina being like a hydraulic cylinder unless you're above the water on all fours or sitting on the edge of the tub but I feel like that's a slip and crack your head open accident waiting to happen.
That just sounds painful.

The hot tubs in my community are really nice and well kept, but also open to all of the residents so it's not possible to get too carried away with sexy times.

I also have really unusual shower habits so it rarely occurs to me to use that opportunity. Now, cuddling after you've just gotten clean, that's my favorite!

The hot tubs in my community are really nice and well kept, but also open to all of the residents so it's not possible to get too carried away with sexy times.

I also have really unusual shower habits so it rarely occurs to me to use that opportunity. Now, cuddling after you've just gotten clean, that's my favorite!

nekkid cuddling after a shower on clean high thread count sheets in a cool room is heaven

Zaphrynn

nekkid cuddling after a shower on clean high thread count sheets in a cool room is heaven

You're killing me @_@ That sounds amazing. Especially with fresh shaved legs. Love how smooth it feels.

I am totally taking a bath right now, listening to music, and drinking a beer. About to read some LotR. I'd like to thank Girl GAF for the inspiration. Totally needed.

Top Bottom