• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GirlGAF |OT 2| Shall I Compare Thee to a Summer's Eve?

Entropia

No One Remembers
So there's a bar down the street. I fuckin' go there to get some food to go, by myself, shouldn't be a big deal right? Some woman comes out with her friend and boyfriend, is all "hi." I say "hi?" And as I'm walking in she says something like "dressing like that and being by yourself in America."

First of all, all I'm wearing are skinny jeans, micro suede fur boots and a motorcycle faux wool jacket and this asshole has tighter stuff on than me that's bright fucking red. No idea what the fuck her problem was. I expected to get hassled but not by a fucking woman, god damn. What was her problem.

You can't dress like that in AMERICA.

Does anyone know any good temporary hair dyes? I used to use this one, but its been discontinued and buying what's left on ebay is so expensive. Worse, nothing similar seems to be on the market. I just want something that will wash out after a few weeks, since I'm not really keen on doing a semi.

You have good taste especially the bolded, Burning rangers is the only game I don't know in the list but if you had guardian heroes in the list it'd be perfect :D.

Had a game gear once teacher took it someone stole it out her desk never got it bad :(.
GameGear was wack anyway

I actually meant to put down guardian heroes but forgot. Serena and Nicole were my favorite characters to play as :)

So there's a bar down the street. I fuckin' go there to get some food to go, by myself, shouldn't be a big deal right? Some woman comes out with her friend and boyfriend, is all "hi." I say "hi?" And as I'm walking in she says something like "dressing like that and being by yourself in America."

First of all, all I'm wearing are skinny jeans, micro suede fur boots and a motorcycle faux wool jacket and this asshole has tighter stuff on than me that's bright fucking red. No idea what the fuck her problem was. I expected to get hassled but not by a fucking woman, god damn. What was her problem.

Her boyfriend was checking you out and she was jealous.

Something something Obama's America.
Well, she has a man to protect her.
Got a job at the deli in my local grocery store. They made me cut my hair :(

Seems like I'll never get it long...
Congrats on the job. Empathy for your loss. :(

cdyhybrid

Hey Girl-GAF!

This isn't necessarily the most relevant thing to post here but I figured I'd try (among other threads) anyway. I'm going speed-dating tonight (never been before, female friend bailed at the last minute so I figured I'd take her place and experience something new) and I was wondering if any of you have stories/impressions/previous experiences.

I'm not really sure what to expect, so I'm just kind of looking for stories. This is more out of curiosity than anything. I know it'll be different for me since I'm a guy, but I'm still curious.

If this isn't appropriate please let me know and I'll gladly step out :)

Emitan

Is the campaign good? My favorite part of Halo is playing Campaign on Legendary with a ton of skulls on in 4 player co-op.

Satch

Banned
i'm not really the best person to ask, considering i have never cared about Halo's campaign

but yeah it's not like metroid prime at all

i try not to troll but "yep that's halo for sure" is pretty much how i feel about the singleplayer

People who make you feel like you're being passive aggressive because you don't feel the need to explain a concept like cleaning the fuck up after yourself piss me off.

i'm not really the best person to ask, considering i have never cared about Halo's campaign

but yeah it's not like metroid prime at all

i try not to troll but "yep that's halo for sure" is pretty much how i feel about the singleplayer
I don't hold them in a high regard, but I find them enjoyable enough.

iirate

So jealous @ Halo 4 GAF. I worked for a small game store in my late teens, and would LAN Halo 1-2 with the regulars there for years, until I was completely burnt out on shooters. Haven't played a multiplayer one since. However, I DO miss it, although I don't have a 360 and I don't think playing online could ever capture the magic of LANing with friends.

Kisaya

I was helping my younger brother play Deus Ex cause he's never played FPS and it pretty much confirmed that shooters don't work for me. I'm terrible at them :(

If I had a 360 though I'd def jump on Halo :B

Leeness

I was helping my younger brother play Deus Ex cause he's never played FPS and it pretty much confirmed that shooters don't work for me. I'm terrible at them :(

If I had a 360 though I'd def jump on Halo :B

Same here lol. I'm that person who ends up like, yelling at the TV and all OH GOD I CAN'T AIM AAAAAAAHHH THEY'RE COMING FOR ME AND OH GOD and dropping the controller lol. Really bad at FPS games haha.

Girls, i have a question: whenever i have a raspy voice (after a concert, a cold) i've noticed that girls start conversations with me, while normally i'm ignored. Is there something about a raspy voice that makes you, uhm, chatty?

I'm better at controllers than keyboard and mouse. =o
Me too. Mouse sensitivity annoys me too much to play many fps style pc games. Not that I'm very good on either platform. Like leeness, I also crack under pressure. Something approaching? Oh God run shoot everywhere no time to aim it's coming aaaaaah.

Prax

I don't even know how people navigate in FPS games. All these rooms and corridors and.. how do you even remember which one you came in through??? Am I walking in a circle? Is this the same wall? Why is not looking at the map/radar helping at all???

I am spatially challenged, I think. xD I sometimes have the same problem in real life if landmarks aren't present.

FoxSpirit

Hmmm, normally there are a few landmarks. It's just knowing a map well, then orientation is easy. The first few times you never have a clue where you are.
Don't worry, just keep playing on a map you like and spatial awareness will come.. even to you :p

leadbelly

Banned
I'm better at controllers than keyboard and mouse. =o

Well, if you play your online games on your 360 it doesn't exactly matter all that much. You're at a serious disadvantage on PC though. When aiming and looking around a mouse is way more precise.

If anyone is considering playing their multiplayer games on PC, but are not comfortable with using a mouse, it is well worth spending time getting used to it. You're just going to get your ass handed to you if you don't.

Top Bottom