• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GirlGAF |OT 2| Shall I Compare Thee to a Summer's Eve?

That is, indeed, very cute. Now just buy a toy version of Spock's tricorder for an outrageous price and you'll be good to go! And the ears of course.

I want that... tricorder... It's beautiful! ;_;

I'm looking into the ears right now, but the internet keeps telling my to coat my ears in petroleum jelly and make molds. -_-; Surely there must be an easier way. Perhaps I'll browse the cheap Halloween store tomorrow and find a pair of elf ears. Close enough, right? :D

Jelly of all your costumes. :(

Weren't you going to throw on some costume makeup? Get some pumpkin beer, paint your face, throw on a scary movie and whenever kids ring your bell, you can howl at them and chuck candy through the door crack. A decent night, that!

Leeness

Weren't you going to throw on some costume makeup? Get some pumpkin beer, paint your face, throw on a scary movie and whenever kids ring your bell, you can howl at them and chuck candy through the door crack. A decent night, that!

No time this year. :( Not even time to carve pumpkins. Too bad.

cloudwalking

300chf ain't shit to me
I'm looking into the ears right now, but the internet keeps telling my to coat my ears in petroleum jelly and make molds. -_-; Surely there must be an easier way. Perhaps I'll browse the cheap Halloween store tomorrow and find a pair of elf ears. Close enough, right? :D

Your costume looks great! :D

I've seen people also use prosthetic modeling clay to make Vulcan ears, you just basically have to mold it around the top of your ears and then form a tip, then paint the clay and your ear with some foundation that matches your face. You could probably find clay like that at a costume store... several people I know used it for zombie costumes too, to make skin lesions and the like, haha.

Welcome! I did see your bodysuit in the Halloween thread and was anticipating the full ensemble. And now that you've said you glued everything without thinking, know that you're in good company. I do that sort of thing all the time. :) You'll just have to shimmy in again before you go out and glue them back on while dressed. It'll still look great! Just don't glue yourself into the suit... Will you post pictures when it's all assembled?

Well the party isn't till Saturday, but one of my friends is going to come round early and glue on the bits that fell off when I'm in it, but hopefully we'll avoid gluing it to me! And yeh, I'll definitely try and get some good pics to post.

Ezalc

Modafucking episode 7

I'm cautiously optimistic on all of this.

I can't, I don't even...please god no.

And I'm someone who actually liked the prequels.

Ewwwwwwww.

Also @Platy: http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Sequel_trilogy

EDIT: Oh I may be going to a costume party on saturday that I just decided to do, today. I don't know what to wear. I was thinking my bomber jacket and going as Pete Mitchell, but it's too damn hot here to do that. :C

Platy

That rape thread .... part of me want to link the S.C.U.M. Manifesto so that people understand what is a RADICAL feminist ... because not even that they seen to understand ..

BUT !

I had my forces not to reply there ! =O

It is a first

Ezalc

I'll ask this question here too maybe somebody knows something.

I figured out a costume I could do in a short amount of time but I have a problem. There's a specific symbol of the character. I have a similar piece of clothing and I just want to know if there's anyway of getting that symbol on my clothing in a way that I may be able to take/wash off later? The symbol isn't that bad and having it permanently might not be too bad but I'd rather not lol.

I thought you were cool. ;_;
I...I....*hangs head in shame*

I know they're really, really, really bad movies, but...I still find them entertaining. I can't help it, I have a sickness when it comes to Star Wars. It is my greatest weakness as a fangirl, I won't try and rationalize it!

That rape thread .... part of me want to link the S.C.U.M. Manifesto so that people understand what is a RADICAL feminist ... because not even that they seen to understand ..

BUT !

It is a first
Mumei is a mod again?! \O/ \O/ \O/

A.E Suggs

Gah not only fan-girl talk but nerd fan-girl talk XD.

BUT !

It is a first

Actually that wouldn't been that bad posting that, this section may have ticked a few off.

Niceness, Politeness, and `Dignity': Every man, deep down, knows he's a worthless piece of shit. Overwhelmed by a sense of animalism and deeply ashamed of it; wanting, not to express himself, but to hide from others his total physicality, total egocentricity, the hate and contempt he feels for other men, and to hide from himself the hate and contempt he suspects other men feel for him; having a crudely constructed nervous system that is easily upset by the least display of emotion or feeling, the male tries to enforce a `social' code that ensures perfect blandness, unsullied by the slightest trace or feeling or upsetting opinion. He uses terms like `copulate', `sexual congress', `have relations with' (to men sexual relations is a redundancy), overlaid with stilted manners; the suit on the chimp.

But most man wouldn't care about this as long as they could still get it in, its how I basically felt in my teen/school years. They probably wouldn't mind those types of feminist, cause to them at least their honest lol.

Hey girlgaf...

I went to a mom and pop game shop and saw a lot of old nostalgia enducing games. I lost it hardest at the Saturn games.

Did anyone else here have a Sega Saturn? I share one with my brother and it was the most amazing thing back in the day. Nowadays nobody talks about it.

Some of the more obscure games I have find memories of...

SCUD
Clockwork Knights
Mr. Bones
Power Slave

Emitan

I rented a Saturn once and played Sonic 3D Blast (which I later bought for PC as I did with all the Sonic games because I didn't own Sega hardware) and Nights: Into Dreams (I don't remember anything other than being utterly baffled by the game).

Never had any consoles as a kid:( only handhelds until my parents caved in and bought an Xbox when I was 12.

BUT there was a sega theme park in the city which was cool.

stupei

I'm the only person who was SOME memory of Lucas talking about a third trilogy even before the second ?

No, I remember that. He claimed that the plan was always to make nine films.

Slightly ambitious.

edit: And I never owned the Saturn or Dreamcast, though I lusted after the ones owned by a kid I knew. He was an ass who never let me play it, though, so no real memories apart from watching him play Lunar: Silver Star one afternoon.

I'm the only person who was SOME memory of Lucas talking about a third trilogy even before the second ?
I can't find the article now, but Lucas did originally plan a sequel trilogy. Leia was not always going to be Luke's sister, and the second trilogy was going to be about finding Luke's sister.

My mom played video games when I was a kid, but she also has an extreme spending/ hoarding problem so we had at least one of every system growing up. Nes, snes, sega, 32x, sega cd, cd-I. Gamegear, the nomad genesis, Saturn... You get the point.

Saturn was definitely my favorite system growing up. So many great games! My favorite off the top of my head:

Burning rangers
Albert oddessy
Shining force III (still mad they didn't bring the others to the us)
All the ridiculous virtua fighters
Magic knight rayearth
Shining in the holy arc

Also loved sega cd
Lunar 1 and 2 were so good. I actually prefer the sega cd versions (at least the impossibly difficult bosses), to the Saturn/psx version. Playing the Saturn port that just came out on iPhone right now, still love the game just as much as alway :)

And D was the scariest game in the world to me as a kid.

Platy

GirlGaf ... for you !
...and Mumei, but he will find a way =P

Violence against women: who can make the biggest difference?

It seems a given for the 21st century discourse to regularly “take the pulse” of feminism. Countless articles, columns, blogs and conferences ask the same questions: Is it working? Has it failed? Is “feminism” a dirty word? [...] To wit: a four-decade long, 70-country study has found that feminist movements are the most important key to change for the better when it comes to eliminating violence against women; more important than left-wing politics, the wealth of the individual countries, or the number of female politicians in the region.

Awesome, isn't =D

Hey girlgaf...

I went to a mom and pop game shop and saw a lot of old nostalgia enducing games. I lost it hardest at the Saturn games.

Did anyone else here have a Sega Saturn? I share one with my brother and it was the most amazing thing back in the day. Nowadays nobody talks about it.

I have a friend who collects videogames ... he has 5 saturns xD

He has lots of awesome games, but he loves the most to play 2d fighting games because of all the extra RAM

Once I played what looked like an extreme version of Elevador Action that was awesome =D

A.E Suggs

My mom played video games when I was a kid, but she also has an extreme spending/ hoarding problem so we had at least one of every system growing up. Nes, snes, sega, 32x, sega cd, cd-I. Gamegear, the nomad genesis, Saturn... You get the point.

Saturn was definitely my favorite system growing up. So many great games! My favorite off the top of my head:

Burning rangers
Albert oddessy
Shining force III (still mad they didn't bring the others to the us)
All the ridiculous virtua fighters
Magic knight rayearth
Shining in the holy arc

Also loved sega cd
Lunar 1 and 2 were so good. I actually prefer the sega cd versions (at least the impossibly difficult bosses), to the Saturn/psx version. Playing the Saturn port that just came out on iPhone right now, still love the game just as much as alway :)

And D was the scariest game in the world to me as a kid.

You have good taste especially the bolded, Burning rangers is the only game I don't know in the list but if you had guardian heroes in the list it'd be perfect :D.

Had a game gear once teacher took it someone stole it out her desk never got it bad :(.
GameGear was wack anyway

Kimaka

Hey girlgaf...

Some of the more obscure games I have find memories of...

SCUD
Clockwork Knights
Mr. Bones
Power Slave

I remember that game! I think we had it but lost it.

The only reason we had a Saturn was for Mortal Kombat 3 because my dad is a big fan of that series. My brothers, my dad, and I had a lot of fun with it. Every time we played MK3 I remember making my brothers get Sindel to fly which was the only thing I would do, I was really young when we got the Saturn. I also remember messing around with NiGHTS and running around Lara's mansion in Tomb Raider.

We still have the console but sadly its dead. My dad is trying to get it fixed since he thinks its just something wrong with the CD reader.

HF08h.jpg

I saw this at Wal-Mart and I... I had to have it.

Wearing them now.

I'm so, so warm.

I thought onsies didn't have feet. That is adorable btw ducky.
You can take your fancy words and send’em back home to your mama
Break our foot off in your @ss with our feetie pajamas
<<<<<<3 man those songs are great.
Nothing like two days to recover from some stuff. Pain erwhere.
I did this awful class a few weeks ago that was basically just an hour of squats. I couldn't walk properly for a week. But I take it that's probably not what you meant.

So there's a bar down the street. I fuckin' go there to get some food to go, by myself, shouldn't be a big deal right? Some woman comes out with her friend and boyfriend, is all "hi." I say "hi?" And as I'm walking in she says something like "dressing like that and being by yourself in America."

First of all, all I'm wearing are skinny jeans, micro suede fur boots and a motorcycle faux wool jacket and this asshole has tighter stuff on than me that's bright fucking red. No idea what the fuck her problem was. I expected to get hassled but not by a fucking woman, god damn. What was her problem.

Top Bottom