• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Goat Simulator 2014 |OT| You can be a GOAT!

If you guys want to play today you can still pre-order lol

http://www.goat-simulator.com/

I just preordered from there and instead of giving me a key, it had me log in and redeem it via the browser version of Steam...it said Code Redeemed but when I go to the game page it says that I already own it and it won't unlock until the 1st.

I want to play now.... :-(

EDIT: restarted steam and now it's in my library and installing, woohoo!

lewisgone

This looks funny. Although it might be like Surgeon Simulator for me, where the game is fun to watch, hilarious to play for 10 mins, then my interest tanks.

I guess it depends on what the actual gameplay is like.

kick51

Banned
This looks funny. Although it might be like Surgeon Simulator for me, where the game is fun to watch, hilarious to play for 10 mins, then my interest tanks.

I guess it depends on what the actual gameplay is like.

I think this is "what you see is what you get"

the FAQ about it being barebones and buggy is from the devs themselves lol

I keep finding things to do and places to go and walls to glitch through. Much fun, many physics and i'm coming for ya hang-glider, i'm coming for ya!

Gif pls? Or at least some screen shots if you can. I need more footage until I can get my hands on it. :D

The problem is i really don't want to post some of the neat stuff as it could be classed as spoilery and i really want people to have the joy and wonder of finding some of this stuff out on their own initiative :) Some things would feel trivial if you see how to do it beforehand but great fun if you work it out yourself.

The Steam screenshot key doesn't seem to work in GoatSim but i've just fired up fraps to see how it goes. All i need to do is remember the slow-mo key is 'F' and to grab a screenie when something neat happens! I'll try and post something over the weekend from sessions inbetween F1 coverage!

Chettlar

Banned
The problem is i really don't want to post some of the neat stuff as it could be classed as spoilery and i really want people to have the joy and wonder of finding some of this stuff out on their own initiative :) Some things would feel trivial if you see how to do it beforehand but great fun if you work it out yourself.

The Steam screenshot key doesn't seem to work in GoatSim but i've just fired up fraps to see how it goes. All i need to do is remember the slow-mo key is 'F' and to grab a screenie when something neat happens! I'll try and post something over the weekend from sessions inbetween F1 coverage!

Awesome, and good point.

kitsuneyo

I watched the amazing video on Kotaku, I came here and found my laptop can run it... i think I'm gonna play my first PC game in forever!

I was dragging a bunch of stuff with a certain special power and I headbutted a propane tank which cause my goat limbs to stretch out at least 20 feet in each direction while I spindled through the air at one hundred feet up like a balloon letting out it's air, hitting the ground and immediately shooting back up into the air, hitting the wall of a house which cause me to somehow teleport into the ground and spring up 150 feet before doing about 300 backflips and landing collapsed on the ground.

Working as intended.

Cth

Thanks for the heads up.. good suggestion on the slow-mo for capturing.

I'm in the same boat.. I love spoilers and I wanna know all the secrets now.. but even asking some of these could annoy somebody. I kinda want to post some questions in spoilers, but I think I'll check around the web first.

Of course, I will say I got the game to play with my daughter, and one of the areas when I accessed it put a nice big F bomb on the screen for a few seconds. So, just a heads up :D

Rereading my earlier post, damn i kind of stifled the fun so here's a piccy of Me earlier. I had so much fun figuring out how to get all that together. Lots of "I wonder if i can... Yup, you can. Sweet." moments.

Then CHAOS!

I might be the first person to say this but i'd love an alt-fire button for my goat or some sort of action toggle. I don't care how that sounds, look at the picture, it's like Jim Sterling's mask, Badass. That's how i roll.

AU Tiger

More drivel for the Let's Play generation.

s8I6Qrf.gif

Bronetta

Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.
Kaz... I'm already a goat.

Ryaaan14

Banned
This game is addictive.

Oh, and the controller support is broken as FUCK. Using my 360 pad permanently made my goat walk forward any time I ran the game with it connected. I had to edit the damn .ini just to run the game on my keyboard again.

Ferrio

Banned
I found a physics bug, reproducible too.

Get the demonic goat powers. Then roll up like 5 people, and walk straight down the road and get hit head on by the semi. It'll keep doing this until you turn off demonic powers.

satriales

Took me a while to figure out the crop circles:

You need to find a second beacon in one of the houses and place it on the beaconless crop circle, and then a spaceship abducts you and sends you into space. I couldn't see anything to do after that so had to respawn.

Ferrio

Banned
Took me a while to figure out the crop circles:

You need to find a second beacon in one of the houses and place it on the beaconless crop circle, and then a spaceship abducts you and sends you into space. I couldn't see anything to do after that so had to respawn.

There's a spaceman in a suit out there. I flew to him with my jetpack... didn't do anything. Maybe i did something wrong

Top Bottom