• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

God Eater: Resurrection |OT| "You have three orders..."

Holy hell. This release is an absolutely amazing revamp of Burst. The fact that they added all the new stuff from Rage Burst into it is just icing on the cake. Oh, and the dialog is so much better, The main female voice is so well done and silly that it actually brings a bit of joy to every battle. (Also, did they make the Aragami easier to fight? I seem to be ruining them much faster than I did in burst.)

Truth be told, and as much as I love the series I think so too. They always talked about Resurrection as if it was just the pre-order incentive. Then out of the blue they say it'll be available the next day or two, or whatnot... hmmmm. Strange. But hey, if that means a lot more folks will be able to play it this early, then I'm happy. More people to join us here!

I bit the bullet and pre-ordered the digital version of GE2 so I'll see you guys in a bit lol. Might stream the game later, but currently rendering a Star Ocean video so it's gonna be another 2 or so hours before I can start playing.

Holy hell. This release is an absolutely amazing revamp of Burst. The fact that they added all the new stuff from Rage Burst into it is just icing on the cake. Oh, and the dialog is so much better, The main female voice is so well done and silly that it actually brings a bit of joy to every battle. (Also, did they make the Aragami easier to fight? I seem to be ruining them much faster than I did in burst.)

I bit the bullet and pre-ordered the digital version of GE2 so I'll see you guys in a bit lol.

ONE OF US, ONE OF US

Yeah I cannot stress just how much better this is compared to Burst. As for what you said Snowybreak, that may just be due to the balancing in the game. When you think about it, they had 4 releases of the 2 games across multiple platforms, with tons of user feedback and balancing done across the years.

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
It helps that God Eater has quite the fanbase in JP. I mean they just celebrated their 10th year anniversary. I guess it also helps that Alisa is a total waifubait.... =/

kayos90

Gotdamn. I feel so bad right now. This game is fucking fantastic and I can tell that they actually put effort into this localization. Fucking sucks that this is going to not get a great amount of sales. UGHHHH. Fuck.

Gotdamn. I feel so bad right now. This game is fucking fantastic and I can tell that they actually put effort into this localization. Fucking sucks that this is going to not get a great amount of sales. UGHHHH. Fuck.

I wouldn't worry too much about the sales, we are still getting Rage Burst and vitabros like me are fucking RAVENOUS for action games right now. The fact that the game is only 20 bucks makes the entry oh so easy.

With the standalone version coming out tomorrow, that should be able to help the series out a bit.

They will be coming in droves in August. Just you wait when everyone on svery platform gets both games. I am super excited for the second game, but hope that folks give the first one a play through as well, since like you said the work shows on this one.

With the standalone version coming out tomorrow, that should be able to help the series out a bit.

Wonder if they will end up doing this across all platforms and regions.

They will be coming in droves in August. Just you wait when everyone on svery platform gets both games. I am super excited for the second game, but hope that folks give the first one a play through as well, since like you said the work shows on this one.

Wonder if they will end up doing this across all platforms and regions.

It would make sense for Bamco to do that. Instead of selling 2 games for $60, now you are selling those 2 exact same games for $80.

Ephidel

It helps that God Eater has quite the fanbase in JP. I mean they just celebrated their 10th year anniversary. I guess it also helps that Alisa is a total waifubait.... =/
You see, I never got this. I mean, she's the series hottie/mascot for sure with all the statues and whatnot, but I never really got the "this character is 'available'" vibe from any of the characters in the original... but then, in my head Alisa was always going to end up with Kouta ^_^.
(Now, in GE2 on the other hand I felt most of the characters were 'available', and I felt it was an obvious change in the writing direction).

I'll be picking up Resurrection later today. I was just wondering if anyone knows if the dengeki sponsored black and yellow outfit from the original is still in. My old character used to rock that :)

SkyOdin

Are the player-selected voice-acting options the same from Gods Eater Burst still in God Eater Resurrection, or did they change those too? I'm curious if I can get the same voice and lines I had for my original character.

kayos90

You see, I never got this. I mean, she's the series hottie/mascot for sure with all the statues and whatnot, but I never really got the "this character is 'available'" vibe from any of the characters in the original... but then, in my head Alisa was always going to end up with Kouta ^_^.
(Now, in GE2 on the other hand I felt most of the characters were 'available', and I felt it was an obvious change in the writing direction).

I'll be picking up Resurrection later today. I was just wondering if anyone knows if the dengeki sponsored black and yellow outfit from the original is still in. My old character used to rock that :)

MC and Alisa is canon.

ChrisDM

It honestly still feels surreal that I'm downloading a localized God Eater game on my PS4 that I salivated over Japanese streams of for YEARS. So happy and even happier to see people enjoying it and see that they put in a bunch of effort to make it great for us. Excuse my bursting positivity hahah.

kayos90

It honestly still feels surreal that I'm downloading a localized God Eater game on my PS4 that I salivated over Japanese streams of for YEARS. So happy and even happier to see people enjoying it and see that they put in a bunch of effort to make it great for us. Excuse my bursting positivity hahah.

I feel extremely similar. My first Vita game was God Eater 2. In fact I still play on my God Eater 2 Vita that I imported from Japan. Huge fan and I'm glad to be enjoying this game myself along with others.

ChrisDM

I feel extremely similar. My first Vita game was God Eater 2. In fact I still play on my God Eater 2 Vita that I imported from Japan. Huge fan and I'm glad to be enjoying this game myself along with others.

That sounds fantastic. You should post pics of that Vita. I could Google it, but more fun this way hah. Personal touch stuff! :D

deim0s

Thinking of getting the Vita version now or wait for tomorrows PS4 version.

Is the Vita version compatible with Vita TV and the PS4 versions price?

Tirod

Went ahead and got the digital bundle on PSN.

Never played God Eater before, but I've read post about it being a more accessible Monster Hunter with more emphasis on story, so I'm down for that.

Do character interactions change based on gender or am I free to choose what I like?

SkyOdin

Went ahead and got the digital bundle on PSN.

Never played God Eater before, but I've read post about it being a more accessible Monster Hunter with more emphasis on story, so I'm down for that.

Do character interactions change based on gender or am I free to choose what I like?

I don't think that the gender you pick really changes anything, but I've haven't been through the story more than once.

Kysen

You do realize that blood arts are gone because its not part of the story right?

Based off of the first game so its not like the story is going to get magically longer.

Same as the above.

Yes I understand this, but they sold the game as a revised version. They could have at least tried a better system than the predator stuff. Also they did extend the story.

Zelias

Banned
So as a PC player who won't get either of the games until August, will it actually be worth playing Resurrection?

So as a PC player who won't get either of the games until August, will it actually be worth playing Resurrection?

GE2 is a continuation on GE1's story, and now more than ever since Resurrection now includes the extra playable part that fills the 3 year gap in the plot between them. Up to you to decide whether you want to miss on half of the story and context on characters that do or not return. I've played through Burst on the PSP around 5 or so times, and I'm still playing the first one, not only because I like the game but because it is fun and I want to see how far the Remaster polish extends.

thats generally how hunting games work. This might not be the genre for you I take it.

I came to the conclusion that I hate hunting games.

I loved Soul Sacrifice, but I got bored out of my mind with Ragnarok and Toukiden and I feel like I've hit a wall with Freedom Wars.

I came to the conclusion that I hate hunting games.

I loved Soul Sacrifice, but I got bored out of my mind with Ragnarok and Toukiden and I feel like I've hit a wall with Freedom Wars.

Damn, even Freedom Wars. Stay away from this then. I'd argue that GE is better than FW, but if the latter didn't appeal to you and it is the least "hunting game" of the bunch, then this will definitely not be for you.

Is the framerate stable on vita?

I haven't gotten too far, only played for 2hrs last night so I haven't gotten to any of the missions with multiple enemies on screen. Game ran just fine.

Zelias

Banned
GE2 is a continuation on GE1's story, and now more than ever since Resurrection now includes the extra playable part that fills the 3 year gap in the plot between them. Up to you to decide whether you want to miss on half of the story and context on characters that do or not return. I've played through Burst on the PSP around 5 or so times, and I'm still playing the first one, not only because I like the game but because it is fun and I want to see how far the Remaster polish extends.
Fair enough, was wondering if there was story I wouldn't want to miss out on. Cheers for the answer.

ChrisDM

Something I just thought of: does Resurrection and RB have an 'end game' of sorts? The games sound quite plot based which is awesome, but in theory, one could play a hunting game for a really long time hah.

Something I just thought of: does Resurrection and RB have an 'end game' of sorts? The games sound quite plot based which is awesome, but in theory, one could play a hunting game for a really long time hah.

Well yeah since there's crafting and multiplayer. Just like MH, you could play this for hundreds of hours.

Still can't believe the standalone isn't on the store yet. Really want to play this.

I'd wait until Thursday. I've yet to see the store update on any other day than Tuesday or Thursday (or Friday if you are AAA). I really don't think putting the standalone out for sale individually was a part of their plan.

Ascheroth

Kind of sucks that the PC version isn't out yet.
But on the other hand I just bought Trails in the Sky Second Chapter in the steam sale :p

Nice OT btw.

I'd wait until Thursday. I've yet to see the store update on any other day than Tuesday or Thursday (or Friday if you are AAA). I really don't think putting the standalone out for sale individually was a part of their plan.

Well it worked, I couldn't take it anymore and preordered, downloading now. Those bastards haha.

Tohsaka

Has anyone played both the Japanese version and this one and judged how much less blood there is in the western release? I know they said they had to tone it down, just curious as to how much they had to remove.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
There is such a huge difference in content from the old PSP version. Just playing through the beginning now and yeah - the VAs are different, but Kota is fucking hilarious now.

ramyeon

Buying now. No idea when I'll play it, don't feel the need to play anything besides Overwatch atm, but I've been waiting too long to not put my money where my mouth is.

Top Bottom