• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

God Of War 3 Has Gone Gold - Lots of Reviews Out Already

Mejilan

Running off of Custom Firmware
They might still offer it. It doesn't ship until next week, correct?
I'm not holding my breath, but I think I've seen the option pop up within a week of shipping in the past.

neojubei

Will drop pants for Sony.
Mejilan said:
Yeah, apparently there's 1 new copy up via some Amazon vendor for over $300! :lol

Yea noticed that, wow cannot believe it is sold out on amazon.com. On a side note surprised at the amount of PS3 games in the top 10 best sellers.

edit: switch to 1 day shipping. I need this game as soon as possible.

whitehawk

Banned
Freedom = $1.05 said:
Man, did you not play GOW2? The first half hour of that game is well known for being amazingly amazing. The rest of that game did an excellent job keeping up the pace.
20070319.jpg

TTP said:
Is this old?

http://www.playstationuniversity.com/sony-we-intentionally-slow-gowiiis-framerate-down-2763/

Wut, those ugly pauses are still there? I HATE them in the demo. I know they are not frame drops but I hate them! Kratos blades should not feel "impactful" but rather "slicing". Man I'm kinda pissed really.

I don't like how the whole screen trembles a little on each hit either btw

They are not slowing the framerates. Here's the update

PlaystationUniversity said:
[UPDATE] - Sony Santa Monica’s director of technology, Tim Moss, has corrected the above quotation (and our interpretation) by explaining that although the team does slow down the action in God of War III, this is not the same as the framerate dropping:

“We slow timestep so 1 sec of game lasts >1 sec for dramatic effect. NOT the same as slowing the framerate,” Tim Moss tweets.

RavenFox

Banned
TTP said:
Is this old?

http://www.playstationuniversity.com/sony-we-intentionally-slow-gowiiis-framerate-down-2763/

Wut, those ugly pauses are still there? I HATE them in the demo. I know they are not frame drops but I hate them! Kratos blades should not feel "impactful" but rather "slicing". Man I'm kinda pissed really.

I don't like how the whole screen trembles a little on each hit either btw
You complain to much TTP lol. Enjoy the game when you get it.
SolidSnakex said:
woo damn 0_0

Catalix

And on the sixth day the LORD David Bowie created man and woman in His image. And he saw that it was good. On the seventh day the LORD created videogames so that He might take the bloody day off for once.
Damn, Poseidon looks nuts!

~Devil Trigger~

In favor of setting Muslim women on fire
gundamkyoukai said:
Damn uncharted 2 had good run . GOW 3 looks so fucking good and that pic is from first 30mins of the game.
I've been saying this from the begining

Kratos' model alone even in the Demo was a HUGE hint for me on what was coming

Souther

Banned
Cruzader said:
Man this game makes the copy cat like a steamy pile of shit x infinity.

It does easily beat it in the graphic department. But The soundtrack is fantastic in DI and I actually prefer that mythology to Greek. Plus Lucifer is one of the most Badass bosses ever. Will have to see how he stacks up to GOW3 Zeus.

This game is going to be damn awesome though. You definitely can't go wrong with this game.

D

Deleted member 8095

Unconfirmed Member
So media events are accepted on GAF as long as it's not EA or Activision putting it on?

Top Bottom