• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

God Of War 3 Has Gone Gold - Lots of Reviews Out Already

SSM should have set up some ps eye and take photos of these journalist faces when they first saw Leviathan, and then Poseidon. I want to see some reaction shot

noah111

Still Alive
jett said:
go329.jpg

sheeeit.gif
Wow, how did I miss this one? :lol Wish I was in the mood for an avatar change, i'd definitely use this. For anyone who wants it (just re-host please);

http://o.imm.io/7q0.png Taken!

Snipes424

Well I was pretty sure that the ApocalyPS3 was on purpose to get people to buy a PS4 on March 16, but it I guess I was wrong :(.

I still don't understand how SSM pulled it off.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
RavenFox said:
Man I just heard some info but not sure if I should say stuff lol. Not GOW3 related but E3 related and Sony exclusive.
Oh, come on. You know you want to. Just tell us and say it's Sony's repayment for the loss of PS3s for a day.

There has to be some crazy ass one-up-manship going on at Sony. They release eyegasms starting with Killzone 2, then followed by Uncharted 2, and now soon God of War 3, all within around a years time all trying to up visual ante. What are they feeding these guys?!

In the HipHopGamer interview, Stig said that SSM really got the PS3 to sing in the last 6 months of development, and foresee doing bigger and better things down the road. From watching the interviews with him and on GT, it's quite clear that GOW isn't over, but they will be taking on a new project next.

RavenFox

Banned
RoboPlato said:
Oh, come on. You know you want to. Just tell us and say it's Sony's repayment for the loss of PS3s for a day.
Maybe its known but check your PM.
beast786 said:
Is that HipHopGamer :lol
If you knew what he knew you wouldn't be laughing lol. Trust me.

noah111

Still Alive
templeusox said:
In the HipHopGamer interview, Stig said that SSM really got the PS3 to sing in the last 6 months of development, and foresee doing bigger and better things down the road. From watching the interviews with him and on GT, it's quite clear that GOW isn't over, but they will be taking on a new project next.
Well with talent like this, they better have something released within the next two/three years.

templeusox said:

In the GameTrailers interview the senior producer also talked like they were doing something new. He said that he wanted to try something different and then they'd take what they learned from doing something else and put it into GoW.

Animator

yea stop with the "dunno if I should say" bs. If you didnt you wouldnt mention in the first place.

If you guys want to keep anonymous somebody pm me it and I will post it here.

SamBishop

Banned
templeusox said:

Correct. Seven-plus years to be working on one series is more than enough to cause burnout for most studios, yet SMS seems to have handled it well. It's definitely time for them to do their own thing, though, and really make the PS3 hardware sweat. An entirely new codebase (if they do that; the Kinetica Engine served them well throughout the PS2) would mean they could wring every last drop out of the system in a way few devs are capable of.

Also, yes, just to reassure everyone, the first half hour or so of the game pales in comparison to the next. It's a perfect set-up for the pacing and tone of things, but you honestly haven't seen anything yet. I was violently ill this weekend (I'm still pretty sick, honestly), but I couldn't stop playing the game until I was done. I'll have to go back through it again when I'm not goofed up on cold medicine and a fever, but... yeah, you guys haven't seen anything yet.

SamBishop said:
Correct. Seven-plus years to be working on one series is more than enough to cause burnout for most studios, yet SMS seems to have handled it well. It's definitely time for them to do their own thing, though, and really make the PS3 hardware sweat. An entirely new codebase (if they do that; the Kinetica Engine served them well throughout the PS2) would mean they could wring every last drop out of the system in a way few devs are capable of.

Also, yes, just to reassure everyone, the first half hour or so of the game pales in comparison to the next. It's a perfect set-up for the pacing and tone of things, but you honestly haven't seen anything yet. I was violently ill this weekend (I'm still pretty sick, honestly), but I couldn't stop playing the game until I was done. I'll have to go back through it again when I'm not goofed up on cold medicine and a fever, but... yeah, you guys haven't seen anything yet.

Did you get the code with the GT5 trailer on it? :)

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
Animator said:
yea stop with the "dunno if I should say" bs. If you didnt you wouldnt mention in the first place.

If you guys want to keep anonymous somebody pm me it and I will post it here.

Yeah... got banned for that before...

omegamars

Man this thread is awesome. Im trying no to take a peek at the gif thread... Wrapping up GOW II atm.

RavenFox said:
Man I just heard some info but not sure if I should say stuff lol. Not GOW3 related but E3 related and Sony exclusive.

Let it out already!!!!!!

RavenFox

Banned
I sent a few folks PM's and Im done. Also I'm not some type of insider or any of that crap either. Solid Snake let me know in PM if its nothing.

beast786

SamBishop said:

Feel well Sam. We need you.

Cruzader

Banned
Guys this is a GOW3 thread not a E3 Sony thread. The time will come. Move along

Anyhow cant wait for GOW3. Still havent seen the GTTV stuff :)

Shurs

Animator said:
For posting it?

Banned Memes:

1. Shoop da Woop(firin mah lazor) -- It's racist, you'll get banned.
2. Nicole Bass -- Long story, avoid at all costs
3. Rape time!!! -- It's not funny
4. Rickrolling -- 1 month ban.
5. So basically X is better than Y (X = Game Reviewed 1, Y = Game Reviewed 2)
6. Caturday (unless specifically sanctioned by a mod or admin)
7. WEEKEND GAF LOL (and ALL its variants. If you call weekend GAF on a thread to dismiss or derail it, you will be banned. Let mods and admins decide what is not worthy of a thread)
8. Blame Wii Fit (you know why)
9. Posting in a Legendary Thread
10. tl;dr (including variant "BOLD PLEASE")
11. PM begging in all its guises
12. The "Cool story, bro." meme. You better bring something more to the table or else get a foot in the ass.

Top Bottom