• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

God Of War Collection: |OT| Of It's Only Just The Beginning

-PXG-

I'm home for the weekend, and decided to leave my PS3 in my dorm. All can think about is God of War. Why did I wait this long to play this truly epic game?

I'm on the Hades Challenge in Pandora's Temple. I want to go back and finish it now, especially since I hear God of War 2 is even more insane than the first one.

shagg_187 said:
Lol. I'm sure people will give demo code to someone who registered in 2008 and has only 44 posts. That said, if you don't have $40 for GOW:Collection then I'm sure you have $5 to preorder GoW3.
To be fair I don't post for no reason. I really liked Uncharted 2 so I made some posts on that thread, but I do read Gaf all the time. I don't think that posting necessary is that important. When I feel like I have something to say I say it, otherwise it is pointless. Moreover there are enough people commenting already so my views are usually represented through other pointless posts :) Plus it is not that easy to get gaf account. Most people probably don't even come back after registering and waiting.

P.S. This rambling is a proof that I shouldn't post.. lol I'll probably go and preorder GOW 3 but it is going to take me forever to get to the store.

ravien56

roman2003h said:
To be fair I don't post for no reason. I really liked Uncharted 2 so I made some posts on that thread, but I do read Gaf all the time. I don't think that posting necessary is that important. When I feel like I have something to say I say it, otherwise it is pointless. Moreover there are enough people commenting already so my views are usually represented through other pointless posts :) Plus it is not that easy to get gaf account. Most people probably don't even come back after registering and waiting.

P.S. This rambling is a proof that I shouldn't post.. lol I'll probably go and preorder GOW 3 but it is going to take me forever to get to the store.
Everyone feels that way at first.
edit: I already have the demo, but i haven't got the game. I'll pm you when I pick up the game and if you don't have it, ill send it.

matmanx1

Played a little of GoW2 off of the Collection Disc today and it's a great looking port. Everything is so silky smooth and clean it's worth playing the games all over again. $40 was a great price for this!

And yeah +1 to the votes for an Ico/SotC compilation. Especially seeing the Colossi in 720p would be frickin epic!

JB1981

really was not prepared for how absolutely excellent these games were going to look in HD w/ a LOCKED 60fps. Looks absolutely amazing.

I'm totally loving this, seriously. It's my first time playing any God of War game, and I'm just so amazed. It's crazy how a game from the early PS2 era is impressing me. Yeah, it's remastered and stuff, but I'm even liking the in-game cutscenes even though they are still PS2 quality. It's bugging me that I know that there's a God of War III demo in my game case, though. I'm not going to play it till after I complete God of War II. It's like an incentive besides the trophies for going through both games.

Kagari said:
Anyone having an issue where the game keeps hardlocking?
No problems here. I'm playing God of War I, and quite a bit into it, and have had no hardlocking issues. I hope that your problem ceases, so that you can enjoy the game. If I have any issues, I'll be sure to post them here.

ShortBus

Just finished GOW1.
It took a little over 7 hours. The 5 Hour trophy shouldn't be too bad...
It's "Challenge of the Gods" that i'm worried about. *shudders*

BTW,Only the first set of spikes are required for the "You Got the Touch!" trophy. Piece of cake.

ravien56 said:
Everyone feels that way at first.
edit: I already have the demo, but i haven't got the game. I'll pm you when I pick up the game and if you don't have it, ill send it.
Thanks. It doesn't seem that anyone else is going to pm me the code :)

EL Beefo

AHHHHH! I finally beat the minotaur and when to check my upgrades and when I tried to go back to the game it got locked on a black screen! Not happy!

I slept on the series when it was on PS2. I picked this up today though. I barely started but I plan to put some real time into it tomorrow.

Majmun

Videogamesplus.ca shipped my copy on tuesday. And the game arrived today. Just in time for the weekend. :D

Erebus

roman2003h said:
Someone please PM me a demo code for GOW 3!!! Please!!!! People gotta have two of those anyway. I will buy GOW collection eventually, but right now I'm broke. Plus Uncharted 2 is keeping me busy! :)
There was a thread a few weeks ago that some nice guys with pre-order codes created dummy accounts in order to share the demo with everyone on GAF.

Try to find that thread and see if you can get someone to give you the login info for one of those accounts.

Drame

Gah, my order from VG+ didn't arrive today, seems that I'll have to wait till monday.

I'm envious of those in Europe who already got their copy.

ShortBus said:
Just finished GOW1.
It took a little over 7 hours. The 5 Hour trophy shouldn't be too bad...
It's "Challenge of the Gods" that i'm worried about. *shudders*

BTW,Only the first set of spikes are required for the "You Got the Touch!" trophy. Piece of cake.
And you don't even need to do it perfectly on the first try. You just need to climb it (which you have to do in order to beat the game anyway). Taking 'damage' means you start over again anyway. It doesn't need a one-time perfect runthrough.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
badcrumble said:
And you don't even need to do it perfectly on the first try. You just need to climb it (which you have to do in order to beat the game anyway). Taking 'damage' means you start over again anyway. It doesn't need a one-time perfect runthrough.

Oh wow, that changes the Trophy completely. I thought you would have to reload your game every time and do the run flawlessly.

Looks like the only challenging Trophy will be Challenge of the Gods, then. Before starting, make sure you have a few hours to spare, guys. There's no saving between challenges and it can take a helluva long time.

For those speedrunning/going for under 5 hours, make sure to do the roll cancel with Kratos to shave off some time.

I played God of War 1 when the game came out and never played God of War II because my PS2 disk reader got messed up.

I remember when I played God of War, I had a really hard time fighting the HYDRA even on normal and last night I played God of War on my PS3 and I started it on hard, and was able to beat the Hydra without any problem. I think these 4 years of playing games has actually made me better at games.

Has anyone else found that they are much better at the game?

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
badcrumble said:
Gonna do Challenge of the Gods first, that way I can speedrun with infinite magic.

That's a good call. I'd forgotten about the alternate costumes that give uber abilities.

chubigans

y'all should be ashamed
Kos Luftar said:
I played God of War 1 when the game came out and never played God of War II because my PS2 disk reader got messed up.

I remember when I played God of War, I had a really hard time fighting the HYDRA even on normal and last night I played God of War on my PS3 and I started it on hard, and was able to beat the Hydra without any problem. I think these 4 years of playing games has actually made me better at games.

Hah, same here. Playing on hard and it is a difficult challenge, but something I dont think I could have done a few years ago.

I definitely find the combat easier - I have a much better idea of when to dodge, when to block, and when to use Poseidon's Rage for the invincibility.

Damn Pandoras Box level had me for like an hour last night.

Found one shield, couldn't find the other, no save point.

I have to to it again today, FML.

chubigans said:
Hah, same here. Playing on hard and it is a difficult challenge, but something I dont think I could have done a few years ago.

Yeh, I clearly remember when I first played God of War, it took me maybe 20 tries to beat the Hydra. I used to really suck at games. :D

RavenFox

Banned
shagg_187 said:
Lol. I'm sure people will give demo code to someone who registered in 2008 and has only 44 posts. That said, if you don't have $40 for GOW:Collection then I'm sure you have $5 to preorder GoW3.
:lol :lol

LowParry

Man, the game looks really well. I'm letting the wife play through the games first because she's never played them before. At first she was like "the game looks so gory. Ew". And I'm like "and yet you play Ninja Gaiden 2 on the 360 and didn't have any issues because?". She eventually got over it, started playing and hasn't stopped since. Although she had a good laugh with the mini sex game.

MrPliskin

Banned
Kos Luftar said:

Hmm...dunno, when GoW came out I was pretty into it and I absolutely had to play it over and over. Did about 5 runs through the game post launch, on all difficulties, God Mode twice. Loved it.

I'd honestly say I'm more rusty now, lol. Doing a 5 hour speed run to start, and I wish I would have done it before. Skipping enemies / boss fights leaves you a little under powered, which is pretty fun :lol

Once you unlock counters, nothing else really matters.

From Joystiq

Some folks over on the official PlayStation Forums allege to be having trouble playing God of War Collection. Several users are complaining that the game has been locking up on them, specifically after God of War's first cutscene and during the first mission. Most of the people who claim to be running into this freezing issue are running the game on 60GB launch PS3s, though a few PS3 Slim owners have also jumped into the threads to report the game is locking up on them, too.

Additionally, commenters on PlayStation.Blog have reported the same problem and specifically implicate 60GB PS3s. While we didn't experience such issues playing the final game code on a debug PS3 unit, we've contacted Sony for comment on this report and will update as necessary.

naib

I've got a 60gig and have played for at least 4-5 hours with no issues.

Last night it kept asking me if I wanted to try easy. Lol, I died a lot.

I've only run into one bug, which forced me to back and load.

Just after the bridge to the cliffs of madness, you come upon a book, save point, chest, and some stuff hidden off to the right. Well, I got all of it and fell off (looking for hidden spots). Restarted from "last checkpoint" which apparently was when I read the book.

However, at that point all I could do was pause, read the book, or go to the upgrade / etc. screen. Could not move whatsoever. Its probably some sort of bug from original (can't for the life of me remember the proper terminology for an original bug).

Anyway, just about done... then finally get to play through GOWII :D

KAL2006 said:
ICO/Shadow of Collosus
Devil May Cry Trilogy
Onimusha Collection
Metal Gear Solid Trilogy
+kingdom hearts 1FM/RECoM/2FM, +silent hill2/3/4, +FFX/X-2 international, +ff12, and that'd be pretty much the bulk of my ps2 collection right there

SOMEONE TRY THIS!

In the beggining of GOWI, after your second encounter with a hydra (on top of the ship with all the harpies)... open either of the doors on the right and pay specific attention to the TOP of the boat.

Where do those doors go? :lol

ph15h

Neo Member
Anybody getting a lot of Loading... ? I don't remember the game loading this much on the PS2, but I've just barely got to the gates of Athens but it keeps Loading... every few minutes. I'll get over it, but it just seems more apparent now than when it was back on the PS2.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
ph15h said:
Anybody getting a lot of Loading... ? I don't remember the game loading this much on the PS2, but I've just barely got to the gates of Athens but it keeps Loading... every few minutes. I'll get over it, but it just seems more apparent now than when it was back on the PS2.

No, but the game keeps hardlocking on me :/

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
KAL2006 said:
ICO/Shadow of Collosus
Devil May Cry Trilogy
Onimusha Collection
Metal Gear Solid Trilogy
I would add Ratchet but the PS3 has 2.2 of them already. Sly and Jak should come out though.

Brofist

KAL2006 said:
ICO/Shadow of Collosus
Devil May Cry Trilogy
Onimusha Collection
Metal Gear Solid Trilogy

Well these trilogy releases can only work if there is a new one also coming out for the system. So they need to start doing that first ;)

Combichristoffersen

Combovers don't work when there is no hair
badcrumble said:
+kingdom hearts 1FM/RECoM/2FM, +silent hill2/3/4, +FFX/X-2 international, +ff12, and that'd be pretty much the bulk of my ps2 collection right there

I would suck a huge number of male sexual organs for PS3 remakes of Silent Hill 1-4, FF12 and Kingdom Hearts 1.

bridegur

Fuzzy said:
I would add Ratchet but the PS3 has 2.2 of them already. Sly and Jak should come out though.

A Sly collection is my second most-wanted of these after an Ico/SotC. A Jak collection wouldn't be bad, either.

Top Bottom