• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

God Of War Collection: |OT| Of It's Only Just The Beginning

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you
snap0212 said:
So how hard is the Platinum in God of War 1? I'm playing it for the first time so I don't think I'm going to be able to beat it in under five hours. How challenging is that Tropy?
After you beat the Challenge of the Gods you can unlock costumes that add better stats. One is infinite mana (cow costume) so you can spam to make fights easier, other than that put it on easy and dodge any battles you dont need to fight and its easy. Speed runs clock in at around 2-3 hours usually.

Rest of the trophies are simple, I got all of them through my first playthrough but 2 simple ones I accidentally missed.

ARRRRR!
I've been stuck on trial 8 of the challenge of the Gods. Do I have to tear the heads off of the medusa's to make them stop spawning? It just keeps going on and on forever.

Liquidus

Aggressively Stupid
BobTheFork said:
ARRRRR!
I've been stuck on trial 8 of the challenge of the Gods. Do I have to tear the heads off of the medusa's to make them stop spawning? It just keeps going on and on forever.

:lol Don't worry it ends eventually. All I did was spam the double jump L1 and hold circle (I think) until I killed all the soldiers then took out the remaining Madusa one by one.

Majmun

Holy fuck at GOWII graphics. Some parts definitely look better than some current gen games. I can't believe how good the game looks.

jax (old)

Banned
Second said:
Holy fuck at GOWII graphics. Some parts definitely look better than some current gen games. I can't believe how good the game looks.

I finished it but while I wouldn't go that far, it does look very good and going from CE to demo, its like holyshit!

TheExodu5

Banned
Jax said:
I finished it but while I wouldn't go that far, it does look very good and going from CE to demo, its like holyshit!

I think it looks loads better than many current gen games. The insane IQ, framerate, and lack of tearing go a long way.

Corran Horn

BobTheFork said:
ARRRRR!
Its not that hard, got to kill them all but they just spawn alot of dudes, I did what they did in this video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AmtTk0Yq4Sg

Took me like 3 tries due to being turned into stone and killed.

I am so pissed the demo code doesn't come with every copy of this game. Why would they do that? Wouldn't they snag at least a few more sales? Is there some shortage of the demo in digital retail channels??

t0va

RadarScope1 said:
I am so pissed the demo code doesn't come with every copy of this game. Why would they do that? Wouldn't they snag at least a few more sales? Is there some shortage of the demo in digital retail channels??

I've sent you the code in a PM. Enjoy :)

I don't know why I suck so hard at the last phase of the Ares fight. I was dreading this part, and now that I'm here, it's just as bad as I thought it would be.

Manus

ILOVEASIANS said:
I don't know why I suck so hard at the last phase of the Ares fight. I was dreading this part, and now that I'm here, it's just as bad as I thought it would be.

Just take your time and be sure to mainly attack when he roars.

Holy shit im getting so frustrated with the challenge of hades on the first game. I'm cursing so fucking loud at my house right now im glad no one i here. Such a love/hate relationship with this game. Any tips would be appreciated.

Corran Horn

kafka rock opera said:
Holy shit im getting so frustrated with the challenge of hades on the first game. I'm cursing so fucking loud at my house right now im glad no one i here. Such a love/hate relationship with this game. Any tips would be appreciated.
edit: Misread that.
Just be patient + jump while climbing to move quicker.

SquirrelNuckle said:
Just take your time and be sure to mainly attack when he roars.

Yeah. Didn't go charging into him my next attempt and got him pretty easily.

Just started up GoWII for the first time and I'm loving it so far. I just met
Gaia
. I guess the people who said II was even more badass than I weren't exaggerating lol.

Corran Horn said:
edit: Misread that.
Just be patient + jump while climbing to move quicker.
I think im at a different part.
Fucking centaur men. I have to do a blood sacrifice and its seems like i get the first part of it done no problem then the back half just carries on and on untill i die. And im killing them in the circle :(

Edit: Gave it another try. There was another fucking circle. SO MAD.

Corran Horn

kafka rock opera said:
I think im at a different part.
Fucking centaur men. I have to do a blood sacrifice and its seems like i get the first part of it done no problem then the back half just carries on and on untill i die. And im killing them in the circle :(

Edit: Gave it another try. There was another fucking circle. SO MAD.
OH! lol ya thats one of those OH SHIT moments.

G-Bus

Banned
Roomie picked this up a few days ago. About to bust into it and play all night. Fuck work.

Surprised how good it looks. They definitely need to do this to some of the classics. *caugh* SOTC *caugh*

Qwell

Would love a demo code if anyone has an extra or if anyone could point me to any give aways that would be great thanks.

Majmun

F6JJ-EEBG-L7PA

My unused GOW 3 Demo code. Get it while it's hot.

And I'll never get the platinum trophy for either game. The Challenge mode is just too much for me. I really suck playing those. I took me a gazillion tries an six nervous breakdowns to finish challenge 1 in GOWII. Currently stuck at.... Challenge 2!!! I can't get more than 4 air kills, even with the Icarus wing swing and all weapons maxed. I've given up...

ACE 1991

Second said:
F6JJ-EEBG-L7PA

My unused GOW 3 Demo code. Get it while it's hot.

And I'll never get the platinum trophy for either game. The Challenge mode is just too much for me. I really suck playing those. I took me a gazillion tries an six nervous breakdowns to finish challenge 1 in GOWII. Currently stuck at.... Challenge 2!!! I can't get more than 4 air kills, even with the Icarus wing swing and all weapons maxed. I've given up...

For future reference, I'd PM codes. People other than gaffers can easily take them if you post them in threads.

Anyways, I've got about an hour left in GoW1. What an amazing game, after never playing them on PS2 I can unquestionably see why it is by many considered one of the best action games of all time. Not sure how the hell GoW 2 will top it...

reminder

Can anyone explain how the fuck i could miss these games on the PS2?! Holy shit, i've started yesterday with the collection and i can't believe i've never played God of War before...

Thank you so much for the collection, Sony. :D

I beat GOW 2 yesterday (after beating the first one) I really want to try the Athena costume so I started Titan mode.

Big Mistake, it's insane.

I found this on the subject:

Difference in Titan Difficulty Compared to Other Modes:
Kratos' Power: 75%
Kratos' Damage Intake: 500%
Health Orbs Worth: 25%
Magic Orbs Worth: 25%
Experience Orbs Worth: 75%
Titan Orbs Worth: 25%
Enemy Pressure: Merciless
Enemy Recovery: Immediate

Pakkidis

LLaMa-Tech said:
I beat GOW 2 yesterday (after beating the first one) I really want to try the Athena costume so I started Titan mode.

Its beatable, I did it twice to make sure the first time wasn't a fluke. Their are a few parts in the game that are hair pulling frustrating :p

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
Just beaten GOW on Normal and I'm reminded how easier Normal has got these days. Fuck, at times it was like playing on some kind of Super Crushing Hardcore Elite difficulty :lol

I was planning to go for the "get asked to switch to Easy" trophy by purposely letting Kratos die repeatedly, but that was not necessary after all as it came out naturally :lol

TTP said:
I was planning to go for the "get asked to switch to Easy" trophy by purposely letting Kratos die repeatedly, but that was not necessary after all as it came out naturally :lol
Quoting for truth. I am getting my ass handed to me all the time but its such a great experience i feel bad i didnt play these when they came out.

if i fail a challenge on GoW1 challenge of the gods mode, does it let me retry that challenge or does it start me over on the first challenge? im reading the gamefaqs of it and it sounds absolutely terrible. (but i must get me a platinum!)

krae_man

God I hate those Goat bastards in part 10 of the challange of the gods.

one move even if you parry it can push you entirely across the platform and off.

Oh well, I still beat it.

Commanche Raisin Toast said:
if i fail a challenge on GoW1 challenge of the gods mode, does it let me retry that challenge or does it start me over on the first challenge? im reading the gamefaqs of it and it sounds absolutely terrible. (but i must get me a platinum!)

From the beginning, buddy. It's...it's painful.

ACE 1991

TTP said:
Just beaten GOW on Normal and I'm reminded how easier Normal has got these days. Fuck, at times it was like playing on some kind of Super Crushing Hardcore Elite difficulty :lol

What part got you? I played about 65 ish percent of the game on normal, but hit a brick wall aka the fucking trap floor room where you have to kill X enemies before the floor opens.

LLaMa-Tech said:

It's beatable still. Did this back on the PS2. Frustrating at times, but doable.

Fuck you, Translator

Lyonaz

ACE 1991 said:
What part got you? I played about 65 ish percent of the game on normal, but hit a brick wall aka the fucking trap floor room where you have to kill X enemies before the floor opens.

OMG fuck that room. First I thought it was a damn glitch, because it always opened when I finished the last enemy, but after 5-6 deaths or something I went just with Poseidon rage at them near the top, where the lever is shield off. You need to kill the skeletons with the gold shield first though, try hoarding them together so you can destroy all their shields with just one square,square,triangle move. When you got the last few enemies left just spam Poseidon rage (hopefully you got that one upgraded where you need to press circle) and jump towards the lever when they're all dead, you know just to be save. :p

Corran Horn

Commanche Raisin Toast said:
You restart on same challenge, ie If your on challenge 6 and you fail, you restart on challenge 6. Just dont exit out...not sure about that but probably restart with that.

i-Lo

TTP said:

After playing NGS on normal a few months back I'd have to say normal in GoW feels really easily.

I have to say though, the games looking amazing especially when compared to cinematics. I thought the improvement would not be that great by boy was I mistaken. GoW2 especially, in motion, sometimes looks better than some current gen action adventure games (optical illusion of motion I suppose).

I am not the greatest trophy whore, but I wish the icons for the trophies were unique as their names.

Cyberia

Didn't see the review from Eurogamer posted yet.

It's hardly surprising, then, that scaling up the action to 720p in this newly remastered God of War Collection merely enhances its striking visual allure. With the benefit of anti-aliasing to smooth out those unsightly jaggies, the removal of the previously jarring v-sync tearing, and a solid 60 frames per second, it feels like you're seeing the game live up to its true potential.

Fortunately, the effect isn't as noticeable in the even more impressive God of War 2, which makes the original look tame by comparison. Not only did Sony Santa Monica serve up grander and more beautiful environments than the original, but the feast of epic boss battles laid on was as fitting a swansong imaginable for the glorious PS2 era. So much so, in fact, that it shamed the entire PS3 launch line-up in spring 2007.

As cynical an idea as 'remastering' old PS2 games sounds, the God of War Collection demonstrates how magnificent the net result can look in the hands of the right developer. Far from being mere exercises in nostalgia, these hugely entertaining HD versions underline exactly why we all got so excited about them in the first place, and suggests that while God of War III faces off against a lot of big names in 2010, the greatest threats to its dominance lie in its own past. Best of all, PS3 games are region-free, so there's no excuse for not importing this immediately. Simply divine.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/god-of-war-collection-review?page=2

9/10

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
fuuu getting my ass kicked
saving Kratos' family
at the end. I remember I hated this part when I first played it.

edit: and I see they didn't even bother to fix the crash bug that was present on PS2 on
Ares 2nd form.

Footos22

Finally after a week and 2 days my copy arrived from Axel Music.
Oh well saves waiting till an unknown date next year.

Just beat the Hydra just to see what it looks like compared to the original.
Looks awesome! Seems easier than i remember though
Will save this till i get a bit further on assasins creed 2. As picked that up on Sat too.

Top Bottom