• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

God Of War Collection: |OT| Of It's Only Just The Beginning

Novella said:
So you're saying these remasters make you appreciate how good God of War 3 looks?

Pass.

I don't understand this logic? There's really no comparison between the two. Both 1 and 2 look great for PS2, among the best. The remasters only enhance that experience. All I'm saying is that you can clearly see that Santa Monica knows what they are doing, and do it quite well. The two parts of that post aren't related. Next time don't try to disrupt with wit because clearly you don't have a clue what I'm saying.

GOW 1 Challenge of the Gods Room 10...what's your method?

I can't seem to get past the first platform.

Some of those rooms are brutal. Room 9 seemed to last forever :p

LLaMa-Tech said:
GOW 1 Challenge of the Gods Room 10...what's your method?

I can't seem to get past the first platform.

Some of those rooms are brutal. Room 9 seemed to last forever :p

I used L1+X all the way until near the end when you're near to the final platform then I used Rage of the Gods. Couldn't do it with Shagg's way.

Katana_Strikes said:
How many Uber chests are there? I collected 3 which I thought was them all but not on the same playthru and havent got the trophy. Is that the reason?

Anyone?

onken

Got this on Tuesday and wow, so glad I did. I forgot how totally brilliant both these games are, the awesome graphics, framerate and no underscan are just icing on the cake. And damn the sound is good, so incredibly clear and powerful.

I just hope it sells well, if other franchises got the same treatment I'd rebuy in an instant.

yamo

Preordered my copy before release and still waiting for it to arrive. :(

Can't wait to play these games.. arrgh!

aaand thats my second GoW platinum!

the challenges were easier on Gow II, except the "protect the stupid translator" part, which drove me nuts.

good game.

Aurarian

Qwell said:
Would love a demo code if anyone has an extra or if anyone could point me to any give aways that would be great thanks.

Same here if anyone has an extra one. I would greatly appreciate it as I screwed my code pamphlet up. =[

Toby said:
Shit, in the video the guy is using level three blades of chaos. Anyone know if there is any hope doing this if you already upgraded to level four blades?

I have tried it maybe 15 times now and the harpy keeps dying...

why are you doing this anyway? it's so easy to max out everything on your second playthrough.

ACE 1991

The pre-rendered standard def cut-scenes look worlds better in God of War 2 than 1, and have less anti-aliasing issues. I wonder why this is?

soldat7 said:
Any conceivable reason why I should hold on to my PS2 copies instead of picking this up?

I was wondering the same thing and I don't regret grabbing this collection one bit. The games look absolutely great and if you're ever planning on playing them again you'll be glad you have the best possible looking versions.

HYDE

Banned
dwin45 pm has been sent, if yes, thanks in advance.

edit: thanks anyways!

I would love a free code without a dummy account if anyone could be so kind and pm me one.

Toby said:
Shit, in the video the guy is using level three blades of chaos. Anyone know if there is any hope doing this if you already upgraded to level four blades?

I have tried it maybe 15 times now and the harpy keeps dying...

Hmm.. not sure. If the blades are really important then you have two options:

1. Don't kill the harpy. Create different save file (just a way or precaution of not messing this up), play the game and once you get level 3 blades (you should get it before the pandora's box quest finishes), then go back and kill the harps.

2. Replay the game using Dairy Bastard skin. That way, you can easily get the trophy before the game finishes.

Convergys

oddly enough I got hit multiple times on the spiked columns and I still got the trophy for it. Just need to do a speed run and I have my first platinum trophy. Dairy bastard in the chamber of hades, just beat the minotaur. 3 hours of playtime. how am I doing for time on the speedrun?

-PXG-

Beat God of War II last night. Jesus Christ. The first game was epic, but this one kicked the living shit out of it in every single way. Hype rising for GoW 3.

Adam Prime

hates soccer, is Mexican
Anyone find a good deal for this game other than the MSRP $39.99?

Looking to pick up this game in a "deal" before Christmas.

Convergys said:
oddly enough I got hit multiple times on the spiked columns and I still got the trophy for it. Just need to do a speed run and I have my first platinum trophy. Dairy bastard in the chamber of hades, just beat the minotaur. 3 hours of playtime. how am I doing for time on the speedrun?

You can make it. Might be real close though!

soldat7

Adam Prime said:
Anyone find a good deal for this game other than the MSRP $39.99?

Looking to pick up this game in a "deal" before Christmas.

It's usually $36.99 on Amazon (no tax, free shipping.)

CloakedPuppet said:
I was wondering the same thing and I don't regret grabbing this collection one bit. The games look absolutely great and if you're ever planning on playing them again you'll be glad you have the best possible looking versions.

Thanks. Gonna cash in my old copies.

timkunedo

Kicking myself for missing this series last generation. I'm about 5 hours into my first playthrough of god of war 1 and am just blown away! Not worrying about platinum or anything, just enjoying it for now.

Aurarian

Damn, I missed the giveaway for the code. Anyways, I just started playing GOWII last night after I got the platinum trophy for the first one. So far, I think it's way better than the first. Really kicking myself for missing these games when they came out.

teiresias

I played both of these games to death on PS2, but while playing the collection now, GoW2 is one high-res texture pack DLC away from passing for a launch or second wave title. It's amazing how well it works even in the context of today's games.

I also didn't remember how slow collecting red orbs was in GoW2 compared to GoW1, I feel like I'm crawling along with the weapons upgrades in the second game compared to the first.

RavenFox

Banned
INDIGO_CYCLOPS said:
I don't understand this logic? There's really no comparison between the two. Both 1 and 2 look great for PS2, among the best. The remasters only enhance that experience. All I'm saying is that you can clearly see that Santa Monica knows what they are doing, and do it quite well. The two parts of that post aren't related. Next time don't try to disrupt with wit because clearly you don't have a clue what I'm saying.
lol pwned. Well said buddy

My only experience with God of War up until a week ago was renting the first one way back in 2005. Never got further than right after the Hydra fight though and had to return it. :lol

Well, I picked up this beauty of a collection last week on Black Friday along with New Super Mario Bros. Wii. Played 1 throughout the week but wasn't able to actually beat it due to some early finals.

Beat the first this one this morning around noon. Was so fucking good that I immediately began the second one right after.

Just finished the second one 30 minutes ago. I played all of God of War II...for the first time...in one whole sitting. Unhealthiest day ever but so fucking worth it.

Downloading the demo for 3 now.

Can't believe I never really played this series until now. But I'm glad I waited for this. SO good. And I'm SO hyped for 3 now. Holy shit.

Lyonaz

Finished GOW2 for the first time today. Amazing Game!
If GOW3 is even more epic than 2, then it's Game of the Generation for me.:D

Hype rising.

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
Lyonaz said:
Finished GOW2 for the first time today. Amazing Game!
If GOW3 is even more epic than 2, then it's Game of the Generation for me.:D

Hype rising.

Yeah, I just played the GOW3 Demo after having completed both GOW and GOWII remastered and man... there is so much potential for the most epic game ever.

LevityNYC

Banned
Ill echo what everyone has already written. I just got through Pandora's temple in GOW1. Im just amazed at how well the game holds up.

LevityNYC

Banned
dumb question.

I was at the part when you are swimming and can get crushed. I died like 5-6 times and the menu about putting it on Easy mode came up I wasn't paying attention so I get kept hitting X to get to a restart and I couldn't tell if I said Yes, or No. I definitely just hit X and didn't move the menu option. Does it default to Yes or No? Do you think I switched it to Easy mode? To be safe I turned the game off without saving (as there was a savepoint right before I kept dying.

I can be pretty sure I am still on Normal correct?

Lyonaz

LevityNYC said:
dumb question.

I was at the part when you are swimming and can get crushed. I died like 5-6 times and the menu about putting it on Easy mode came up I wasn't paying attention so I get kept hitting X to get to a restart and I couldn't tell if I said Yes, or No. I definitely just hit X and didn't move the menu option. Does it default to Yes or No? Do you think I switched it to Easy mode? To be safe I turned the game off without saving (as there was a savepoint right before I kept dying.

I can be pretty sure I am still on Normal correct?

It defaults to No, so you're still in normal.

crispyben

Hey, got any pointers regarding the spiked columns in Hades? Managed the first one by miracle, but the second one kicked my ass and I had to turn off the PS3... I guess I'll have to do the first one again :lol

netguy503

crispyben said:
Hey, got any pointers regarding the spiked columns in Hades? Managed the first one by miracle, but the second one kicked my ass and I had to turn off the PS3... I guess I'll have to do the first one again :lol

\Don't you only have to do one to get the trophy?

crispyben said:
My strategy was to get so angry that I somehow did the entire thing with no damage and got a gold trophy for it. I seriously was about to just quit, but somehow my rage put me on the right path.

netguy503 said:
\Don't you only have to do one to get the trophy?

He has to do both since he turned off his system.

jvm

Gamasutra.
PTCoakley said:
He has to do both since he turned off his system.
Wha? I did just the one column and got the trophy, I thought. And I just restarted from the bottom when I got hit, didn't have to reload or anything.

crispyben

jvm said:
Wha? I did just the one column and got the trophy, I thought. And I just restarted from the bottom when I got hit, didn't have to reload or anything.
I got the trophy, but that only puts me on top of the first spike. It's the second one I didn't scale, and I then shut off the console putting me back at the bottom of both... My wife's away for three nights this week, I hope I can finish the game on the first! Then Dead Space, finally :D

Top Bottom