• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

God Of War Collection: |OT| Of It's Only Just The Beginning

Blablurn

just finished god of war 1. it was the first time since my first playthrough some years ago. still a great game. but FUCK the spikes of hades. fuck the guy who came up with the idea for it. damn it. i'm too old for this.

ACE 1991

crispyben said:
Hey, got any pointers regarding the spiked columns in Hades? Managed the first one by miracle, but the second one kicked my ass and I had to turn off the PS3... I guess I'll have to do the first one again :lol

This part was a bitch. The key is time your jumps. You won't be able to make it just by climbing.

MrPliskin

Banned
MrPliskin said:
So in the menu it says I have all of the Gorgon eyes, and all of the phoenix feathers, but I have no trophy for either.

Ideas?

To be clear, I'm on my second playthrough, and I'm fairly confident that you have to get them all your first time through. Rather, you have to max out your life and health before the end of the game, which means I have to start all over, w/out bonus play. For some reason, my bonus play has max life / magic, even though my first play only had max magic.

netguy503

MrPliskin said:
To be clear, I'm on my second playthrough, and I'm fairly confident that you have to get them all your first time through. Rather, you have to max out your life and health before the end of the game, which means I have to start all over, w/out bonus play. For some reason, my bonus play has max life / magic, even though my first play only had max magic.

Yes, you have to get them all in one playthrough.

jvm

Gamasutra.
crispyben said:
I got the trophy, but that only puts me on top of the first spike. It's the second one I didn't scale, and I then shut off the console putting me back at the bottom of both... My wife's away for three nights this week, I hope I can finish the game on the first! Then Dead Space, finally :D
Ah, ok. Sorry, I thought it was being said that you needed to scale both columns to score the trophy. I'll pay better attention next time.

And you are in for a treat with Dead Space. So very hopeful for a great sequel to that one.

Footos22

So I finished God of War 1 last night on normal
It felt even better finishing it this time then it did years ago.

Spikes of hades, first column i did first time.
the second column took me a few tries but wasnt much of a problem.
Luckily you get the trophy after just the first column.

Question:
I saved my game just before the Ares fight luckily.
after i beat him i upgraded the rest of my weapons but was 3000 short,
do the orbs carry over to secondplaythrough or will i have to backtrack to get the rest.

FLEABttn

Banned
ACE 1991 said:
You won't be able to make it just by climbing.

Yes you can, I just did it last night just climbing normally.

Oh, fantastic game by the way. I always wanted to play it but didn't have a PS2 anymore by the time it came out. My girlfriend watched the entire time I played it, she loved the story.

Baker

Banned
I threw a fit over the weekend at the translator part and turned the game off. I don't think I saved since I got the wings. :lol

I just hate that part so much on Spartan/God/Titan/whatever the hell difficulty I'm playing on.

Chrono

Banned
God of War II sucks!

I went into this game wary of the length but anciticpating the big numbers of bosses and more platforming as the reviews were saying. They were also saying the game is not only great but one of the best games ever. Yeah. Fuck review scores and their 7-10 scale. 9-10 if the game is ancitipated - lots of advertising money and fanboys. What a joke.

Still haven't finished it, but I need to vent. I thought it was good but not as good as the first as I posted in the what are you playing thread, but it's only been getting worse and I've had enough with this game.

God of War has an excellent core design, but this new director has no sense of good game design and screwed up its execution big time. I can't go more than 20 minutes of play time without being confronted with another frustrating section.

The latter bosses are making me sleepy. They look cool, but the fights are so boring. Platforming? Ugh, for the first time the God of War camera is actually a hindrance. That place in the entrance of the fate temple or whatever, where you moved a platform in the middle of the water, when I tried to get the extra treasures in the back I had trouble seeing where the fuck is Kratos and trying to get him to cling to that white light, and the angle was so terrible that even after that I couldn't jump on the long platform attached to it. In another game I'd position the camera behind Kratos to make that kind of jump.
Another time I had no idea where to go, looked at a guide and it turned out there's a fucking stairway to my right - completely unoticable first time I went into that area.

Puzzles are boring, they take too much time. Somethings don't make any sense, like when I swung across platforms but couldn't swing back, Kratos would just fall. I missed a treasure and couldn't return. Thought maybe it was the waterfall, but it's not like it wans't there when I swung to where I was then trying to swing back. So many situations were frustrating and annoying.

The worse thing about it is that many things are not obvious, I often just wandered around trying to figure out what to do. Seriously, and this is a God of War game. I like it when the backgrounds - with not fucking hint - are suddenly part of the gameplay. Oh, you didn't know you needed to climb that part or pick something from the dead solider? I didn't know because climbable walls aren't as clear and there are plenty of dead fucking soldiers. Not noticing background elements that were suddenly part of gameplay is just one example of this problem. The first game on the other hand felt like a very smooth ride, everthing fit together and moved along. Oh another example, at the sisters boss fight, I killed the one that popped out of the mirror but went back and did it again over and over, I didn't know that I was supposed to continue hitting the mirror to break it. Now this is my fault but game is pretty arbitrary about when you can destroy on the 'set' or not, these sort of things just piss me off.

Like I said the core of the game is great, but the execution is nothing like the first game, which I replayed recently BTW so I remember it clearly. It's just not as fun. You did the same things in both games, but the second just fails. There are glaring examples of this like in sections where the team it seems was adamant on breaking your controller's O button, or that sequence before getting the pheonix ashes - so fucking hard and annoying. They were annoying in the first game, but they played their role perfectly and changed the combat, here it's just frustrating. Again same mechanics, I can't put things clearly into why the second is not as good as the first. It would make an interesting study in game design to compare the two.

I'm not a fanboy of jaffe like many here seem to be, but GoW II really reflects well on his ability to make a fun experience. It's like GoW II just needed a touch here or there and bam, it's as good as the first, but it just didn't have it.

From what I know the third game has a new director, I'm happy about this but not as optimistic as I was going into II. It's a PS3 game, so there'll be hot graphics, and I hope it's short - for fuck's sake I'm still not finished with the game and my clock is like 4 hours more than the first (which I finished in 8 hours and 30 minutes).

Oh and checkpoints throwing you back to the beginning of a another terribly designed and uninspired fight-horde-after-horde-of-enemies section also suck.

I'd like to say I'm not buying GoW III, but I'll be too curious not to. If there was a place with decent reviews it would help but I expect 9/10 scores from everywhere regardless if it's great or just good. Maybe if it's bad it'll average 8 on metascore. -__-

jvm

Gamasutra.
Chrono said:
God of War II sucks! ... RANT SNIPPED
You have a right to your opinion, you know, but...
153nplh.png

:D

sloppyjoe_gamer

Gold Member
Chrono said:
God of War II sucks!

I went into this game wary of the length but anciticpating the big numbers of bosses and more platforming as the reviews were saying. They were also saying the game is not only great but one of the best games ever. Yeah. Fuck review scores and their 7-10 scale. 9-10 if the game is ancitipated - lots of advertising money and fanboys. What a joke.

Still haven't finished it, but I need to vent. I thought it was good but not as good as the first as I posted in the what are you playing thread, but it's only been getting worse and I've had enough with this game.

God of War has an excellent core design, but this new director has no sense of good game design and screwed up its execution big time. I can't go more than 20 minutes of play time without being confronted with another frustrating section.

The latter bosses are making me sleepy. They look cool, but the fights are so boring. Platforming? Ugh, for the first time the God of War camera is actually a hindrance. That place in the entrance of the fate temple or whatever, where you moved a platform in the middle of the water, when I tried to get the extra treasures in the back I had trouble seeing where the fuck is Kratos and trying to get him to cling to that white light, and the angle was so terrible that even after that I couldn't jump on the long platform attached to it. In another game I'd position the camera behind Kratos to make that kind of jump.
Another time I had no idea where to go, looked at a guide and it turned out there's a fucking stairway to my right - completely unoticable first time I went into that area.

Puzzles are boring, they take too much time. Somethings don't make any sense, like when I swung across platforms but couldn't swing back, Kratos would just fall. I missed a treasure and couldn't return. Thought maybe it was the waterfall, but it's not like it wans't there when I swung to where I was then trying to swing back. So many situations were frustrating and annoying.

The worse thing about it is that many things are not obvious, I often just wandered around trying to figure out what to do. Seriously, and this is a God of War game. I like it when the backgrounds - with not fucking hint - are suddenly part of the gameplay. Oh, you didn't know you needed to climb that part or pick something from the dead solider? I didn't know because climbable walls aren't as clear and there are plenty of dead fucking soldiers. Not noticing background elements that were suddenly part of gameplay is just one example of this problem. The first game on the other hand felt like a very smooth ride, everthing fit together and moved along. Oh another example, at the sisters boss fight, I killed the one that popped out of the mirror but went back and did it again over and over, I didn't know that I was supposed to continue hitting the mirror to break it. Now this is my fault but game is pretty arbitrary about when you can destroy on the 'set' or not, these sort of things just piss me off.

Like I said the core of the game is great, but the execution is nothing like the first game, which I replayed recently BTW so I remember it clearly. It's just not as fun. You did the same things in both games, but the second just fails. There are glaring examples of this like in sections where the team it seems was adamant on breaking your controller's O button, or that sequence before getting the pheonix ashes - so fucking hard and annoying. They were annoying in the first game, but they played their role perfectly and changed the combat, here it's just frustrating. Again same mechanics, I can't put things clearly into why the second is not as good as the first. It would make an interesting study in game design to compare the two.

I'm not a fanboy of jaffe like many here seem to be, but GoW II really reflects well on his ability to make a fun experience. It's like GoW II just needed a touch here or there and bam, it's as good as the first, but it just didn't have it.

From what I know the third game has a new director, I'm happy about this but not as optimistic as I was going into II. It's a PS3 game, so there'll be hot graphics, and I hope it's short - for fuck's sake I'm still not finished with the game and my clock is like 4 hours more than the first (which I finished in 8 hours and 30 minutes).

Oh and checkpoints throwing you back to the beginning of a another terribly designed and uninspired fight-horde-after-horde-of-enemies section also suck.

I'd like to say I'm not buying GoW III, but I'll be too curious not to. If there was a place with decent reviews it would help but I expect 9/10 scores from everywhere regardless if it's great or just good. Maybe if it's bad it'll average 8 on metascore. -__-

Didnt Cory Barlog direct GOW2?

jennifer_morison_avatar.jpg

Sorry, but your avatars face captures perfectly the tone of your whining. I played GOW2 to death back when it first came out and i didnt have any of the complaints you have....guess its too hard for you...??

Chrono

Banned
sloppyjoe_gamer said:
Didnt Cory Barlog direct GOW2?

jennifer_morison_avatar.jpg

Sorry, but your avatars face captures perfectly the tone of your whining. I played GOW2 to death back when it first came out and i didnt have any of the complaints you have....guess its too hard for you...??

Reading, try learning it sometime.

The quote you bolded said the game reflected well on jaffe - not th meaning another designer in II couldn't create another game just as good even though much of the work was done, he had a perfect model to follow and nobody expected something new.

How the hell can I write a rant that big about a game and then say it reflects well on its designer. Sheesh.

offshore

Chrono said:
From what I know the third game has a new director, I'm happy about this but not as optimistic as I was going into II.

GoW III director Stig Asmussen did have me a little worried early on, but he's been doing some good interviews lately, and the GoW III demo is so much fun; couple in the seamless shift from cutscene-to-gameplay and seamless shift from cestus-to-blades, and he could be GoW's best director yet.

Autofokus

Anyone watched GoW2´s Making-Of Videos directly from the XMB? I tried to watch them and they did stutter pretty badly, sound drop-outs and whatnot. I played trough both games without any problems and immediately tried other disc-based games - no problems, the first thing I thought was that my drive died.

Anyone else with the same problem?

jmd494

De4th Strike said:
Question:
I saved my game just before the Ares fight luckily.
do the orbs carry over to secondplaythrough or will i have to backtrack to get the rest.
Beat the challenge of the Gods to unlock extra skins. Then, wear the business suit skin (red orbs x4 I think). Play through on easy.

I was able to upgrade all my weapons and STILL have 60,000 extra orbs at the end of the game. And I beat the game in ~3 hrs. 5 mins. (so I was obviously skipping a LOT of fights).

sloppyjoe_gamer

Gold Member
Chrono said:
Reading, try learning it sometime.

The quote you bolded said the game reflected well on jaffe - not th meaning another designer in II couldn't create another game just as good even though much of the work was done, he had a perfect model to follow and nobody expected something new.

How the hell can I write a rant that big about a game and then say it reflects well on its designer. Sheesh.

Not assuming...try it sometime. I wasn't inferring any of the crap you just wrote. I read that as if you were speaking as if Jaffe directed GOW2, and i was saying that i was pretty sure that he didnt. Sheesh yourself...

I wish you didn't have to exit the entire collection to go from GOW 1 to GOW 2 (and vice versa).

I finally started progessing through Titan mode on GOW 2, absolute insanity/borderline impossible hard mode is more like :p

LLaMa-Tech said:
I wish you didn't have to exit the entire collection to go from GOW 1 to GOW 2 (and vice versa).

I finally started progessing through Titan mode on GOW 2, absolute insanity/borderline impossible hard mode is more like :p

Someone posted the changes on Titan Mode, and seeing it made me wonder how I beat it back in the day. Damage was like 500% or something.

ChryZ

Autofokus said:
Anyone watched GoW2´s Making-Of Videos directly from the XMB? I tried to watch them and they did stutter pretty badly, sound drop-outs and whatnot. I played trough both games without any problems and immediately tried other disc-based games - no problems, the first thing I thought was that my drive died.

The xmb will create/read/cache animated thumbs of all videos once you hop into the movie folder. It will not stop doing so and if you start watching a video the drive will jump between those two read positions. That is causing the stutter.

Just hop into the movie folder, let the PS3 cache all the thumbs and then start watching.

MidnightRider said:
I wish they would do something like this with IKO and SOTC
Ueda has shown interest, so there is hope.

I hope my girlfriend is getting this for me for christmas. I had originally pre-ordered, but then needed a few things to put on my list, so I added it and canceled my order. If she doesn't, I'll pick it up afterward.

Manus

I loved the puzzles in God of War 2. Actually made me think, I sat at the water moving puzzle for a good 10 minutes before I finally figured it out.

jvm said:
Wha? I did just the one column and got the trophy, I thought. And I just restarted from the bottom when I got hit, didn't have to reload or anything.
No no, I mean the save point is before the first column. Therefore he has to go through both again if he turned off his system. Unless I'm mistaken and there's a save point after the first?

Justin Dailey said:
I was able to upgrade all my weapons and STILL have 60,000 extra orbs at the end of the game. And I beat the game in ~3 hrs. 5 mins. (so I was obviously skipping a LOT of fights).

That's the exact same time i did on my speedrun. Just got my gow1 platinum. :D
More harder then GOW2.

For anyone who thinks they might end up a little short on orbs i found a nice little trick. Since i was doing a speedrun using unlimited magic i was pretty much going to end up short again on maxing my weapons.. Only had 3 weapons left by the time i reached ares. You get a shit load of red orbs in the first round. Right when the O prompt pops up you have to press 2 buttons to end the round. If you only press the first button you get like 17 or so red bars full and if you purposely fail the second button he hits you and you redo the O prompt again. Repeat that 4 or 5 times and you'll reach close to 100 red bars within in 2 or so minutes.

RoadHazard

Gold Member
Finished GoW today. Never played it before, and what a ride it was! I absolutely hated the spiked columns (well, the second one, got past the first one without much trouble). They actually made me throw myself off the cliff in frustration a few times, haha... Other than that, I thought most of the game was brilliant. Really looking forward to starting GoW II, and my hype for GoW III has been raised by a considerable amount.

I'm plaything through GoW II for the first time too, but I'm liking it more and more the longer I play. The first game was in my top 5 favorite games of all time, and II is making its way up there.

Whats making me like it more and more are the bosses. I just fought
Perseus
and
Icarus.
Both of which I thoroughly enjoyed, especially the whole
invisible aspect of the Perseus fight
. Which was something I never really thought possible in a video game before.

Also, could someone ball park how much of the game I have left to play through? I'd like to beat it today because I go back to work tomorrow and wont have much if any time to play for the next week.

Aurarian

Autofokus said:

I actually have the same problem. Especially the first couple of videos. I'm on a 60gb launch PS3 so hopefully nothing is wrong with it.

Chrono

Banned
Just finished it. Who thought it was a good idea to not even give the final bass a health meter? Seriously, there's no point, just makes battles even more boring not knowing when they'll end.

Ending was cool, that's also the beginning of 3 right? I remember that scene from a trailer. So I guess 3 is the last one then, he kills all the gods? Maybe that then 4 is the last one and in it he kills the titans.

BTW, anybody remember an area where there was a guy calling for help, saying hey up here? I never found him, or I did but forgot it was that same guy.

This reminds me of something else from the first game I still haven't figured out, what exactly did the experience meter do? In 2 it's been replaced by the time one, always thought I'd look into that after finishing the first game and never did.

*heads over to game trailers for GoW III media*

jvm

Gamasutra.
Aurarian said:
I actually have the same problem. Especially the first couple of videos. I'm on a 60gb launch PS3 so hopefully nothing is wrong with it.
Interesting. I'm fairly sure I watched the video about areas removed from GOW2 over remote play and it was pretty awesomely smooth. I just watched that one, though.

Aurarian

jvm said:
Interesting. I'm fairly sure I watched the video about areas removed from GOW2 over remote play and it was pretty awesomely smooth. I just watched that one, though.
Yeah it's really weird. I was watching the first video and for the first couple of minutes it would stutter and then it smoothed out. It did the exact same thing for like maybe three to four more videos, but the rest were all smooth. Maybe it's something I'm doing. :lol

Baker

Banned
Chrono said:
BTW, anybody remember an area where there was a guy calling for help, saying hey up here? I never found him, or I did but forgot it was that same guy.
I always just assumed it was
Perseus since he whines that you closed the door on him and he can't get out

scoobs

I'm in a weird position because I'm on of those weirdos who never played GoW1 and jumped in for GoW2. Going through GoW1 is kind of hard knowing how much better GoW2 is.

scoobs said:
I'm in a weird position because I'm on of those weirdos who never played GoW1 and jumped in for GoW2. Going through GoW1 is kind of hard knowing how much better GoW2 is.

GoW1 is an amazing game in its own right, but yeah, GoW2 is even better!

Baker said:
I always just assumed it was
Perseus since he whines that you closed the door on him and he can't get out
Funny thing is that you end up killing his ass :lol In such a gruesome way too :D

timkunedo

Autofokus said:

I'm on a slim and have the same issue. I tried to watch the first one, but it was too much for me to handle. I'll try it again this week and see if it happens again.

Played the collection for the first time for about an hour the other day and I'm amazed at how good GOW1 is running. Like everyone else has said, it really makes me want HD SotC.

I'm also amazed at how good GOW1's gameplay has stood up, at least imo. Classic games right here.

Autofokus

ChryZ said:
The xmb will create/read/cache animated thumbs of all videos once you hop into the movie folder. It will not stop doing so and if you start watching a video the drive will jump between those two read positions. That is causing the stutter.

Just hop into the movie folder, let the PS3 cache all the thumbs and then start watching.
Ah cool, thanks for the info. Will try this the next time.

RoadHazard

Gold Member
So, is there actually a way not to get the "You Got the Touch!" trophy? You get it by climbing the first column without taking damage. But how could you climb it and also take damage? As soon as you touch one of the spikes you fall down, and have to start over. No matter how many times you fail, when you eventually succeed you'll have done it without taking damage. Or does it mean that you must succeed on your first try? If not, did they make a mistake here? Was it supposed to be for climbing both columns without taking damage? It's really weird, as it is a gold trophy and should be challenging to get.

RoadHazard said:
So, is there actually a way not to get the "You Got the Touch!" trophy?
No, if you pass that part at all you get the trophy; I pointed this out earlier in the thread. The reason it's a gold trophy is not because it's hard to do, but because they know how much everyone hates that bit. It's a small reward for being patient with their bad idea (or for failing a lot, if you're one of the people that has trouble with it).

De4th Strike said:
Your orbs start at zero every time you play, so you have to max everything in one cycle for the trophy. I ended my first game only 100-some red orbs away. Fortunately, the game is fun when replayed, too.

Chrono said:
This reminds me of something else from the first game I still haven't figured out, what exactly did the experience meter do? In 2 it's been replaced by the time one, always thought I'd look into that after finishing the first game and never did.
The "experience" bar is just how many red orbs you've got to spend. The number to the right is how many "full bars" you have (300 each bar), and then the incomplete bar gives a vague approximation how far you are toward the next 300. Fortunately, for the sequel this goofy and imprecise gauge was abandoned in favor of a simple sum.

RoadHazard

Gold Member
Liabe Brave said:
No, if you pass that part at all you get the trophy; I pointed this out earlier in the thread. The reason it's a gold trophy is not because it's hard to do, but because they know how much everyone hates that bit. It's a small reward for being patient with their bad idea (or for failing a lot, if you're one of the people that has trouble with it).

Ok, that makes sense I guess, but then why do you get it after the first column (when you've still got the hardest part left)? If it's supposed to be a reward for completing something difficult and frustrating you should get it after the second column. The first column I completed on my first try, without even really thinking about it. It was the second that made me hate the game for a few minutes. Getting the trophy before that part didn't really help.

EDIT: This quote (specifically the bolded part) from Todd Papy (GoW III design director) makes it seem like you're not supposed to get it no matter what, but that only those who are really careful not to take any damage should get it:

Todd Papy said:
Another challenging spot that we wanted to highlight with the “You Got the Touch!” trophy was the Spiked Column in Hades from God of War. After playtesting repeatedly, David Jaffe asked me to tone down the difficulty and make it easier for the final shipped game. Ironically, even after all that, it wound up being one of the most talked about sections, and not always for the best reasons. I think one of the problems is that a lot of people try to blast their way through and get it over with as fast as possible. That’s a sure fire way to get Kratos sliced up. The trick was always taking your time to think about what your next move was going to be. Throw in a couple deep breaths, and I think a lot of people will be able to make it through without taking damage and earn the trophy.

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2009...hips-november-17th-plan-your-trophy-hunt-now/

Finished up GoW II tonight for the first time. I really enjoyed the ending and the set up for GoW III.

One thing that did bug me was
Zeus falling for the old "I lay down my arms" trick by Kratos. This man literally changed fate to get another shot at killing you, and you take his word that hes surrendering now that hes finally here?

Now on to the GoW III demo.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
How does the Challenge of the Gods (GOW1) compare to the Challenge of the Titans (GOW2)? I beat the COTT just now and got Titan rank. It was quite a pain in the ass, until I figured out an easy way to beat the last stage. The Arena of the Fates was a nice unlock too as I just filled it with cyclopses in order to get the last trophy (collect 20 eyes).

Bebpo

Banned
Chrono said:
God of War II sucks!

wait, wait wait, what?

You find GoWII more frustrating than GoW???? How is that even possible. GoWII is the mainstreamed, dumb'd down, easy but fun adventure. GoWI is the hardcore unforgiving game that makes you throw your controller.

Nothing in GoWII compares to climbing that wall of blades. NOTHING.

Footos22

Killing_Joke said:
That's the exact same time i did on my speedrun. Just got my gow1 platinum. :D
More harder then GOW2.

For anyone who thinks they might end up a little short on orbs i found a nice little trick. Since i was doing a speedrun using unlimited magic i was pretty much going to end up short again on maxing my weapons.. Only had 3 weapons left by the time i reached ares. You get a shit load of red orbs in the first round. Right when the O prompt pops up you have to press 2 buttons to end the round. If you only press the first button you get like 17 or so red bars full and if you purposely fail the second button he hits you and you redo the O prompt again. Repeat that 4 or 5 times and you'll reach close to 100 red bars within in 2 or so minutes.

I now love you

Halcyon

I don't understand people's hatred of the spiked blades. It took me probably 5 or 6 runs to figure out the timing and how it's supposed to work when I first played it, and on subsequent plays I usually get up it in a few tries or the first time. You just have to find the sections where you can move left and right without a spike hitting you, then move up/jump up when you have openings.

Chrono

Banned
ILOVEASIANS said:
Whats making me like it more and more are the bosses. I just fought
Perseus
and
Icarus.
Both of which I thoroughly enjoyed, especially the whole
invisible aspect of the Perseus fight
. Which was something I never really thought possible in a video game before.

Seriously? It's just an invisible character.

Bebpo said:
wait, wait wait, what?

You find GoWII more frustrating than GoW???? How is that even possible. GoWII is the mainstreamed, dumb'd down, easy but fun adventure. GoWI is the hardcore unforgiving game that makes you throw your controller.

Nothing in GoWII compares to climbing that wall of blades. NOTHING.

That wall of blades is overrated. You just gotta line up an opening then jump. Watch for which direction they're spinning and hold the stick in the opposite direction, waiting for another opening. That entire Hades level wasn't nearly as hard as the forums talk to be honest, it was a good level too.

The only aspect of GoWII that felt dumbed down to me were the camera hints, sometimes they were just overdone.

Top Bottom