• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

God Of War Collection: |OT| Of It's Only Just The Beginning

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
Chrono said:
That wall of blades is overrated. You just gotta line up an opening then jump. Watch for which direction they're spinning and hold the stick in the opposite direction, waiting for another opening. That entire Hades level wasn't nearly as hard as the forums talk to be honest, it was a good level too.

The only aspect of GoWII that felt dumbed down to me were the camera hints, sometimes they were just overdone.

If you found GoWII to be more frustrating/difficult than GoWI, then that's a fair opinion, but understand that you're easily in the minority here. Neither game is particularly difficult, but GoWII was incredibly easy to most people (aside from Titan Difficulty) compared to GoWI.

ILOVEASIANS said:
Whats making me like it more and more are the bosses. I just fought
Perseus
and
Icarus.
Both of which I thoroughly enjoyed, especially the whole
invisible aspect of the Perseus fight
. Which was something I never really thought possible in a video game before.

Metal Gear Solid 1.

tzare

i was wondering if those videos, treasures, the fate of the titan,
a new hero?
, and the one about the family
his brother, who wants revenge
, are hints to future GOW games or just curiosities.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
RAGE RAGE RAGE fuck you challenge 8.

i2t75k.jpg

fuuuckk

ACE 1991

GuardianE said:
If you found GoWII to be more frustrating/difficult than GoWI, then that's a fair opinion, but understand that you're easily in the minority here. Neither game is particularly difficult, but GoWII was incredibly easy to most people (aside from Titan Difficulty) compared to GoWI.

Yeah, I'm on my first GoWII run right after my first GoWI run; GoW II is FAR easier, but I'm enjoying it more.

Thrakier

Wow, played GoW1 the whole evening, then jumped to the GOWIII demo. lol about people claiming GowIII is GOW HD, it looks TONS better...BUT I now noticed how choppy the framerate is. I now I thought it was fine than I first played it back then but now aber the constant 60 GOW HD FPS I really do notice a big difference. Doesn't feel too good...

GuardianE said:
GOWII is definitely easier. The original has some control/camera issues and the things they added to GOWII that make life easier, such as the fast drop when you climb walls, make for a less challenging experience.

ACE 1991

PTCoakley said:
GOWII is definitely easier. The original has some control/camera issues and the things they added to GOWII that make life easier, such as the fast drop when you climb walls, make for a less challenging experience.

One thing i've noticed is that it seems that enemies attack less often in GoWII, and play more defensively.

i think GoW2 is definitely easier than GoW1 (so far, im not done), but it seems like the starting difficulty of GoW2 is a little higher than GoW1's. GoW2 has a less steep difficulty curve, but the beginning and first handful of bosses almost assume that you played the first game, and know when to dodge and use certain moves/powers.

so a little frustrating to start GoW2 when i haven't played any of the games in over a year, but no biggie. now that im warmed up again it's not too bad at all. so fucking excited for III. :D

monocromo

Ok, I need help. I suppose that this has been discussed, but I don't know how to download the demo of GOW III. I'm pretty sure that the collection included a code to get it from the store, but I can't find it.

dentoomw

monocromo said:
Ok, I need help. I suppose that this has been discussed, but I don't know how to download the demo of GOW III. I'm pretty sure that the collection included a code to get it from the store, but I can't find it.

I didn't get a code either. From what I understand there should have been a redeemable code packaged with the game somewhere.

I ordered my copy from Play-Asia incidentally.

LevityNYC

Banned
Did they make the spinning vertical blades to get out of Hades easier? My first time through on PS2 took me over an hour.

Today, the first set took me 3-4 tries and the second part took me 2 tries

Aurarian

alr1ghtstart said:
RAGE RAGE RAGE fuck you challenge 8.

i2t75k.jpg

fuuuckk
Haha. Yeah, that was a bitch to finish. Just be patient and try to be cautious and roll all the time. Also, I finally finished God of War II last night. It was definitely better than the first. The scale is ridiculous and I really feel for Kratos. All that's left is challenge of the titans #7 and I get my platinum. I find this challenge harder than the same one from I. Definitely hyped for III now!

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
on COTT #7, kill the big rock guy first by spamming magic behind him. It makes it much easier and not as rage inducing if you were to get killed by him if you attack him last.

on COTG #8, I just spammed the L1+O aerial attack near the edges of the platform, dodging when the medusa glared at me. You will knock a bunch of enemies off the edge, which makes it somewhat shorter.

Woo, just beat Challenge of the Titans. Easier than Gods on the 1st. Just need to collect these blastered Uber chests again.

So I need to colect all 3 in one playthrough, yes?

The fastest way to do Challenge of the Titans 7 is to use L1 + Square on the skeletons, then use the maxed out Gorgon Blast to freeze everyone around you while using the Blade of Olympus to finish them off. Save the big dude for last.

tanod

when is my burrito
I think I found an awesome glitch at the first level of GoW 2. Do not know if it's repeatable.

During the first time I grabbed the Blade of Olympus (where it would normally suck away all the red orbs that you've collected so far), I coincidentally paused the game right after I had locked myself onto grabbing the blade. When I unpaused the game, the animation for the sucking process kept going but it had not taken away my red orbs.

As you know, when you start the game you can't upgrade anything because you're maxed so collecting any red orbs in the first stage of the game seemed pointless.

After I beat the boss and went through the cutscenes, I was then less than a hundred orbs shy of being able to raise my blades of chaos to level 2.

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
finally got around to ordering this.

I'm really excited, as I played both of these games on my PS2 connected to a shitty 720p LCD that made them both look... less than stellar. I mean, you could still tell they looked really great for their time, but it's going to be awesome playing them in convenient PS3 HD glory at 60FPS and with trophies. It's like getting them new again. Man, like I said, so excited.

I have so many good memories from this series. It feels like so long ago that I played them, even though it was only roughly two years ago when I bought and played both for the first time.

Why For?

Banned
Rez said:
finally got around to ordering this.

I'm really excited, as I played both of these games on my PS2 connected to a shitty 720p LCD that made them both look... less than stellar. I mean, you could still tell they looked really great for their time, but it's going to be awesome playing them in convenient PS3 HD glory at 60FPS and with trophies. It's like getting them new again. Man, like I said, so excited.

I have so many good memories from this series. It feels like so long ago that I played them, even though it was only roughly two years ago when I bought and played both for the first time.

Mine arrive a couple of days ago from eStarland. Only $48AU all up including postage. Took two weeks to get to me though.

Fucking amazing.

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
Why For? said:
Mine arrive a couple of days ago from eStarland. Only $48AU all up including postage. Took two weeks to get to me though.

Fucking amazing.
yeah, I got mine from Play-Asia for roughly the same base-price, but I got it couriered over (didn't want to risk holiday season Australia Post), so it came up to about $55, which is still a bargain as far as I'm concerned.

TONX

Distinguished Air Superiority
Just got the double platinum!

I'm not sure this was mentioned earlier or anything but i found an exploit in Challenge 7 in Challenge of the Titans (GoW II). If you use magic before the prompt at the bottom explaining the challenge shows up, you can use magic all you want and still get the bonus!

PasteyMF

MassiveAttack said:
You know what to do, Sony.

team-ico-collection.jpg
Please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please!

mako eyes

Toby said:
Shit, in the video the guy is using level three blades of chaos. Anyone know if there is any hope doing this if you already upgraded to level four blades?

I have tried it maybe 15 times now and the harpy keeps dying...

i done it with lvl 4 blades. the trick is when you turn around to press on forward while performing the combo. it pushes the harpy up while you attack and at the same time moves you toward/up the ladder.

Beating God of War and moving directly to God of War 2 is pretty eye opening. GoW2 looks unbelievable. Hell this shit looks hotter than the PS3 Bayonetta demo :lol

The opening act is as insane as always, by the time I've smashed my way into the big dude, I want to stand up and play like that, I get so psyched

Madman

ACE 1991 said:
God of War has far more mainstream appeal than SotC or ICO does.
There really aren't many other first party Sony games that would benefit from the treatment like those two games. Ico and SotC had technical problems that would be eliminated with the upgrade, and other IPs like Socom, Ratchet, and Wipeout already have next gen upgrades/titles.

Madman said:
There really aren't many other first party Sony games that would benefit from the treatment like those two games. Ico and SotC had technical problems that would be eliminated with the upgrade....
The problem with a "Ueda Collection" is the selfsame technical problems that hampered them on PS2. They did very quirky things with the hardware to achieve specific effects, and that could be much harder to get functioning in emulation.

I agree that they'd be the best target if it's possible, though; the resolution and framerate problems visibly impinged on the atmosphere of both games.

Madman

Liabe Brave said:
The problem with a "Ueda Collection" is the selfsame technical problems that hampered them on PS2. They did very quirky things with the hardware to achieve specific effects, and that could be much harder to get functioning in emulation.

I agree that they'd be the best target if it's possible, though; the resolution and framerate problems visibly impinged on the atmosphere of both games.
I don't think that it would be an emulation though. I'm pretty sure the GOW Collection is a port as opposed to an emulation, which would likely be the same treatment for Ico/SotC.

Footos22

Platinumed God of war on Wed (fuck you challenge 8, just had to spam the shit out of L1+O in the end and concentrate on the gorgons)

Then went straight onto 2.
Holy shiiitttt! even better than i remember.

And the cutscenes dont suck so hard as they dont look that downgraded.
These uber chests? I cant even remember them on the ps23 version.

Do they look any different then the normal chests?

YESSSS.

Bought God of War Collection when it came out but just finally got around to starting it tonight after wrapping up Assassin's Creed 2. God of War 1 is just as fun as I remember!

Also, it's been a long time, but I don't remember having any difficulty problems in GOW1, whereas in my original playthrough of GOW2 I hit a boss pretty early in who just decimated me over and over until the game suggested I play on Easy, which I happily accepted. Maybe I'll find GOW2 easier when I roll directly from the first game into it?

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
I played through most of God 1 on Normal, then I got to a bit right near the end that frustrated me (right at the end of the temple who's name escapes me), and I turned it down to Easy when prompted.

As I was playing both of the games back-to-back at the time (early 2008), I just started off God 2 on Easy.

I'm super excited. It's like I have two new games being couriered over to me at the moment. :D

Puck

Banned
I hate the underwater gameplay in the first game. Especially near the end of the 'level' where you are swimming and the walls start coming in, the razors and the spikes, with that music. Really freaky.

Madman

Puck said:
I hate the underwater gameplay in the first game. Especially near the end of the 'level' where you are swimming and the walls start coming in, the razors and the spikes, with that music. Really freaky.
Using the hold R1 and dash move made that part easier IIRC. But I just arrived at the circular room in the collection and played it originally years ago, so I could be wrong.

JWong

Banned
Ugh... I just bought GoW Collections and... lo and behold my GoW3 Demo code doesn't work.

Anyone else have this problem?

Top Bottom