• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

God of War III |OT|

ChryZ

9rrko9.jpg

mjuv7t.jpg

http://www.viddler.com/explore/sceablog/videos/844/

:lol

This thread rapes Godesses and slays Gods.

AWESOME!!!! :D

I am 1000000000000000000000% super excited about this game. Lucky americans, you'll get to play it 3 days earlier than us :(

Oneself

PS3: it only does - the game of the year already? =P

Seriously, another awesome Kevin Butler ad.. Sony is getting their shit together slowly!

careksims

I love Kevin Butler! I love all the PS3 commercials he's in. They better keep him for a long time. Would love to get that Kratos statue or the blade!

Magnus

Just had some friends over and watched with glee as they went through the first hour or so of the game. Had a blast all over again. Really spectacular first act.

This game is too bloody short, argh. Still kind of pissed I'm done with it already :lol

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
Magnus said:
Just had some friends over and watched with glee as they went through the first hour or so of the game. Had a blast all over again. Really spectacular first act.

This game is too bloody short, argh. Still kind of pissed I'm done with it already :lol

You are not done with it. Chaos mode awaits you. And the trophiez.

Magnus

TTP said:

I'm not a self-flogging action gamer. Quite frankly, I suck too much at getting to the point of perfect execution. Normal was just the right challenge for me. Don't care about trophies much either. :p I'd rather move on to another game after getting most of the meat out of this one. 80% of three games is better for me than 100% of two, if that makes sense.

nib95

Banned
TTP said:

Chaos mode scares the shit out of me. I mean, even in Normal some segments were a bit of a struggle. One particular corridor where you fight two of those ninja deer things in a tight squeeze took me numerous tries.

DihcarEM

Awesome thread, taking this icon.

Solid, the GOW collection will only be released after GOW3 is released. Might be so that the people buying trilogy edition get it first. You could always just import the us version. It was what i was going to do if i didn't have the trilogy edition on pre-order.

Magnus

nib95 said:
Chaos mode scares the shit out of me. I mean, even in Normal some segments were a bit of a struggle. One particular corridor where you fight two of those ninja deer things in a tight squeeze took me numerous tries.

The one in the rooftop gardens? Shit, same here man. That was my most retried combat sequence in the game, bosses included - at least 4 or 5 attempts. Fuck, that was brutal.

nib95

Banned
Magnus said:
The one in the rooftop gardens? Shit, same here man. That was my most retried combat sequence in the game, bosses included. Fuck, that was brutal.

Glad I'm not the only one lol. In the end I just Spartan moded and Spartan Shielded the fuck out of em lol. However, I later learned that with them, all it takes is some more refined timing, namely with counters blocking and evasion. Going all out on these bad boys does nothing but get you slaughtered.

Magnus

nib95 said:
Glad I'm not the only one lol. In the end I just Spartan moded and Spartan Shielded the fuck out of em lol. However, I later learned that with them, all it takes is some more refined timing, namely with counters blocking and evasion. Going all out on these bad boys does nothing but get you slaughtered.

I confess, I don't think I ever successfully countered (or found the need to counter) in the game, not once. I don't think I even employed the use of block all that often. It was always too risky, it almost never worked (in any God of War I've ever played) -- what's the point if you get knocked on your ass by most attacks against you anyways, block or not? Rolling out of the way and attacking from the side seemed to always work and be the best answer 100% of the time.

They could seriously have removed block and/or counter from the game and I wouldn't have even noticed or cared. :lol

With those bitches in the narrow corridor, I employed great and overzealous use of the Bow and Arrow. :D :D

neorej

ERMYGERD!
OP is awesome.
Kevin Butler ad is awesome
Euro-ad is meh
Game is awesome

Overall score (not an average): AWESOME.

Le-mo

I'm contemplating whether or not I should pick up the Collector's Edition strategy guide. The fact that it is hardcover and has an amazing cover is really tempting.

Man I can't believe this is less than a week away. GOW1&2 are one of the best single player games I've ever played it's only seems as if it was yesterday when I finished GOW2 and saw that damn cliffhanger !!

This game and The Last Guardian are the main reasons I got a PS3, can't wait.

Schrade

NameGenerated said:
I like how he has a framed Jack Tretton picture. :lol
Yeah that was pointed out when the ads first started appearing. (Not the very first MLB The Show one I don't think, though) But I'm pretty sure all his ads have Jack Tretton pics.

Absolutely love the commercials.

Oh an nskinnear, you rock. Nice thread.

nib95

Banned
Magnus said:
I confess, I don't think I ever successfully countered (or found the need to counter) in the game, not once. I don't think I even employed the use of block all that often. It was always too risky, it almost never worked (in any God of War I've ever played) -- what's the point if you get knocked on your ass by most attacks against you anyways, block or not? Rolling out of the way and attacking from the side seemed to always work and be the best answer 100% of the time.

They could seriously have removed block and/or counter from the game and I wouldn't have even noticed or cared. :lol

With those bitches in the narrow corridor, I employed great and overzealous use of the Bow and Arrow. :D :D

Lol, the good ole bow and arrow. What a life saver! So many occasions when death was flashing it's rear in my face, I'd hang back and rapid fire that thing till my fingers fell off lol.

Rikyfree

Man I don't think I can do titan mode on the GoW collection, let alone on GoW3. Kinda weird considering that I beat the original Ninja Gaiden on Very Hard, which is supposedly harder to do, yet I cannot get past the damn colossus in the first damn part. And I didn't use that flying swallow technique alot in Ninja Gaiden either, I fought hard and smart to beat that bastard. GRRRRR :mad:

I'm definitely beating the hardest mode this game have. I've beaten GOW2 on hardest and almost with GOW1 if I didn't stupidly waste magic on the end battle. I've beaten all the challenges of both games as well. Hard as hell but I did it.

koene

Rikyfree said:
Man I don't think I can do titan mode on the GoW collection, let alone on GoW3. Kinda weird considering that I beat the original Ninja Gaiden on Very Hard, which is supposedly harder to do, yet I cannot get past the damn colossus in the first damn part. And I didn't use that flying swallow technique alot in Ninja Gaiden either, I fought hard and smart to beat that bastard. GRRRRR :mad:

The trick is to use Poseidon's Rage whenever you think you'll get hit. Same with Cronos' Rage you get later on. GoW on Titan mode is all about using animation invulnerability. It's really not that hard once you get the hang of it. I'll definitely play GoW III on the hardest mode later on.

Animator

Are there any pictures\unboxing videos or any proof that the ultimate edition actually exists?

All we have still is the placeholder stuff they shown when they announced it. :(

kikanny

Awesome thread! I haven't been on the other god of war thread all these days because i didn't want to get spoiled. Just popping in to say THE GAME is almost here. OMGOW!!! I haven't been this excited for a game in a looooooooong while! The ad is fantastic too! :)

Bad_Boy

time to take my meds
This special GDC god of war 3 press event today, whats up with them wanting people to bring psp's?

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2010...war-iii-gdc-san-francisco-meetup-is-tomorrow/

Not like we thought it slipped your mind, but if you’re in the San Francisco Bay area tomorrow, you’re invited to come celebrate the launch of God of War III!
And if you have the means to get here, do it – we have a history of treating our fans to extremely good times. And tomorrow is no exception as you’ll have many chances to win great PlayStation games and prizes, get autographs from members of the development team, create your own God of War III box, and much more. So whatever the means – train, plane, car, bike, rollerblades, horse, camel – get here tomorrow! There’s only one God of War III event and we don’t want you to miss it (In all seriousness, if you arrive on a camel, you’re getting something incredibly cool).

Important Details:
The hands-on event goes from 7-10pm on Wednesday, March 10, 2010 at the SF Concourse Exhibition Center. The pre-party meet-up begins at noon (you’ll see our tent in venue’s parking lot). Directions here. Don’t even think of strolling up at 6.30pm – you ain’t getting in!

Keep in mind that you must be 21 or older to get into evening hands-on event, but anyone 18+ (or with their parent/guardian) can come to the all-day meetup. ID *will* be checked!

Parking is rough in the area, so try to take BART or Caltrain – both very close to venue.

Once you’re in, you’re in — no ins and outs (don’t worry, we will have bathrooms). Unless of course you don’t want to stick around for the amazingly awesome hands-on event at 7pm. Then you’re free to leave at will…but you’re making a HUGE mistake!

You must RSVP via this Facebook event invite

Be sure to leave your replica Blades of Chaos at home

You might wanna think about bringing your PSP ;-)

free videos or demos of other games?

edit: oh, and i kinda want that poster kevin has to the left of his tv. :p

ACE 1991

Awesome OP, love the avatars.

Oh man oh man... I am SO freaking excited.

Also, does anyone else take issue with the box art? Taken on its own merits its kind of cool, but it's stylistically very different from the box art's of I and II, and doesn't really tell potential buyers anything about the game. But hey, this is God of War so I guess franchise awareness makes that argument moot.

Denzar

Patrick Bateman said:
Nicely done OP!

I love Kevin Butler. :lol

I was watching an episode of "Malcolm In The Middle" this morning and Kevin Butler (well the actor playing Kevin Butler) was in it. :D

He was quite a bit younger too.

EDIT: Also, is that a picture of Jack Tretton on his desk? :lol

Top Bottom