• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Godzilla |OT| Legendary

aly

I'm so excited for this. My first Godzilla movie was the 98 one though. Does this one tie into any of the earlier ones?

This looks so much like the original Japanese 1954 Heisei film before TOHO got ahold of the Godzilla license.

Count me fuckin' hyped because it bears a resemblance to THE BEST Godzilla film.

sphagnum

Banned
Probably won't get to see it until the 20th due to a combination of my anniversary, work schedule, and moving to a new apartment, but I'm ready.

This looks so much like the original Japanese 1954 Heisei film before TOHO got ahold of the Godzilla license.

Count me fuckin' hyped because it bears a resemblance to THE BEST Godzilla film.

I think you've got some things backwards...Heisei isn't a company, it just refers to the era (going by Japanese imperial dating conventions) that Godzilla movies were produced in. Toho created Godzilla and has always been in control of the franchise. Also the original Godzilla era was the Showa era, the 90s were the Heisei era, and the 2000s were the Millennium era.

So hyped. I've been waiting for a new Godzilla film since Final Wars ended. I actually rewatched all the Showa and Heisei films in the past month or so and I'm starting the Millennium series later on. I also watched some other stuff with giant monsters in it, like Pacific Rim and Cloverfield.

My hope is that if they decide to do another one, they do one with some of the other monsters, mainly Mothra and King Ghidorah.

kaskade

I remember in the other thread Expendable said the embargo is up today sometime (it's the 10th on the east coast right now). I can't wait to see the reviews start coming in.

Why the complaints of a handful of whiny Japanese forumites have gained so much attention is entirely beyond me.

Where were these people when the Heisei-era fatass was waddling around, binging on power plants and nuclear subs like it was going out of style, huh? For crying out loud, his fat rolls had fat rolls.

They just hate the Proudly Made in the USA GRIZZILLA for his freedom. Or ours. I really don't know.

Retro

wtf-godzilla5nj28.gif

Can't. Wait. Can't. Wait. Can't. Wait. Can't. Wait. Can't. Wait. Can't. Wait. Can't. Wait.

Been looking forward to this since it was first announced. I've had a bad taste in my mouth since 1998 and we've been in need of a palette cleanser.

Not to mention we have a lot to make up for what Emmerich and Devlin did to the poor big guy.

Blablurn

Why the complaints of a handful of whiny Japanese forumites have gained so much attention is entirely beyond me.

Where were these people when the Heisei-era fatass was waddling around, binging on power plants and nuclear subs like it was going out of style, huh? For crying out loud, his fat rolls had fat rolls.

They just hate the Proudly Made in the USA GRIZZILLA for his freedom. Or ours. I really don't know.

Its really strange. 98 godzilla was too thin, 2014 godzilla is too fat. What the heck.

I really like the current one. So who cares what they say.

Delio

So I'm thinking of seeing this in IMAX 3D. For the people who have seen it already is the 3D decent? I worry a bit about it.

Metalmarc

Oh fuck all his time i thought it was the "Raid" director that did this, i mixed Edwards up with Evans, both being Gareth Doh!

I wondered how he had time to film the raid 2 and this at the same time, its because they are two fucking different people.

OP looks nice, but what is up with that title? Why isn't 'I am Become Death, the Destroyer of Worlds'?

This must be changed immediately.

Daingurse

This looks like it's the real deal, and for a nearly life-long G-fan, that makes me really happy. It's so close . . .

hxh95morel_by_aims773-d6lj4xu.gif

Get HYPE! Thank god I finally have Godzilla 1985/Returns on DVD. I can watch the original and 1985 before seeing the movie. Frankly was always partial to the Raymond Burr versions. Gojira is the superior version for sure though.

BraXzy

I cannot wait to see this, I've been hyped since the first trailer.

What's the whole "I am death, destroyer of worlds" thing all about?

Top Bottom