• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Godzilla |OT| Legendary

Cindres

Vied for a tag related to cocks, so here it is.
Damn, I was hoping the title was going to be; Godzilla |OT| I Am The One Who Knocks... Down Buildings. or Let Them Fight.

Either way, this is going to be AWESOME. I'm going next Friday for a mate's birthday. HYPE.

TasTokyo

At the official site http://godzillamovie.com/ you can make your own wallpaper. One of the pictures you can use is this
qra7U8b.png

What does it say? i know the first three signs spell out GODZILLA, but what about the last two?
It says banzai. Kind of a famous word. Like a cry of celebration I guess.

In case you missed it, this is most well-constructed, entertaining blockbuster in years.

My spoiler-free review should be up early tomorrow morning, unless the embargo breaks early!

oh god

Can you post a snippet?!

GAF EXCLUSIVE:

With ballooning budgets, waning attention spans and constant pressure to deliver the best (or rather the most) CGI, Hollywood’s contemporary crux on throwing everything at the screen for as much of the runtime as possible has led to an inundation of watered-down, homogeneous tent-poles. While this regrettable trend will undoubtedly persist due to reciprocating box-office receipts, Gareth Edwards delivers a riveting breath of fresh air with Godzilla.

A reboot of the same property that was last grossly mishandled less than two decades ago by Roland Emmerich does not seem like the finest starting point for a creative bout of originality. However, the British director effectively takes the world and character-building skills he learned on the miniscule-budgeted Monsters and expands them to a nearly unfathomable multiple with this $160 million production.

I wish i could too, fucking hate 3D, worst feature ever.

Too bad in my location they will only show it in 3D...

Another reason why 3D needs to die.
You folks should watch the mini Godzilla BTS that talks about the 3D conversion. Pretty exciting. Hooefully someone links the YT vid because I can't on the Vita.

Edit: When the director says the 3D shots look the best they've ever looked and wanted the premier to be in 3D, you know it's got to be good.

GAF EXCLUSIVE:

With ballooning budgets, waning attention spans and constant pressure to deliver the best (or rather the most) CGI, Hollywood’s contemporary crux on throwing everything at the screen for as much of the runtime as possible has led to an inundation of watered-down, homogeneous tent-poles. While this regrettable trend will undoubtedly persist due to reciprocating box-office receipts, Gareth Edwards delivers a riveting breath of fresh air with Godzilla.

A reboot of the same property that was last grossly mishandled less than two decades ago by Roland Emmerich does not seem like the finest starting point for a creative bout of originality. However, the British director effectively takes the world and character-building skills he learned on the miniscule-budgeted Monsters and expands them to a nearly unfathomable multiple with this $160 million production.
I am salivating. Thanks! Can't wait to read it. =)
You folks should watch the mini Godzilla BTS that talks about the 3D conversion. Pretty exciting. Hooefully someone links the YT vid because I can't on the Vita.

Edit: When the director says the 3D shots look the best they've ever looked and wanted the premier to be in 3D, you know it's got to be good.
I'm a firm opponent of 3D. Never liked it and probably never will. Don't care for it.

Jedi2016

Some of my friends get headaches with 3D, so we'll probably end up seeing this one in 2D. But I'll pick up the 3D Blu-ray later on, regardless.

obin_gam

Watched the original in preparation. What are some other good ones to watch?

Watch the direct sequel: Godzilla 1985.

Then watch the rest of the Heise series (You dont need to watch them in this order, just make sure you watch Destroyah last):
Godzilla vs. Biollante
Godzilla vs. King Ghidorah
Godzilla vs. Mothra
Godzilla vs. MechaGodzilla 2
Godzilla vs. SpaceGodzilla
Godzilla vs. Destoroyah

MickeyPhree

Won't be able to see it till Saturday. But I got my tix reserved at least.

Reserved seating upstairs with spread out seats, blankets, pillows, and a full liquor bar. No one under 21 allowed

Awesome OT

but uhh..it would be nice to have the release dates on there? Next friday? Worldwide?

GAF EXCLUSIVE:

hnnng

Then watch the rest of the Heise series (You dont need to watch them in this order, just make sure you watch Destroyah last):
Godzilla vs. Biollante
Godzilla vs. Mothra
Godzilla vs. Destoroyah

Those are all good, except Biollante.

teiresias

I quite like the 98 design personally

The movie itself was an abomination however...

I honestly like it too if they'd only made him on a bigger scale. Like you said though the film is crap.

This month is packed with movies to see. I haven't had a summer with this much content I'm interested in seeing for a long while.

industrian

will gently cradle you as time slowly ticks away.
Godzilla kicks off three consecutive weeks of movies I want to see being released:

Godzilla, then a week later X:Men, then a week later Edge of Tomorrow.

It's a good month for movies.

The movie has its premiere here in 2 hours and there is still tickets available. Worth to go even if its in3d?

Blader

Godzilla vs. Biollante
Godzilla vs. Mothra
Godzilla vs. Destoroyah

You kind of do; there's an actual continuity that runs through them.

That said, the only Heisei movies worth watching are 1985, Mechagodzilla, and Destroyah. The rest are bad or, at best, extremely uneven.

obin_gam

You kind of do; there's an actual continuity that runs through them.

That said, the only Heisei movies worth watching are 1985, Mechagodzilla, and Destroyah. The rest are bad or, at best, extremely uneven.

Is there? I have never noticed... I take it it's one of the human characters?

Next Saturday I'm taking my Father-in-law, my Stepfather, and my adopted brother to see this. We all love Godzilla and are geeked to be seeing this in all it's Imax 3D glory.

No women allowed on this trip.

Next Saturday I'm taking my Father-in-law, my Stepfather, and my adopted brother to see this. We all love Godzilla and are geeked to be seeing this in all it's Imax 3D glory.

No women allowed on this trip.
Heh. Having a girls' afternoon out with two of my friends. Lunch then Godzilla. :)

Top Bottom