• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Good name registar service??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stuggernaut

Grandma's Chippy
I use "Registeryfly" and I really don't like the service. I remember people a while back recommending some good ones...one was buddy something for example.

I know many of them offer free transfers, or cheap ones.

The one I have now was cheap to sign up...but I get no emails, crappy service, and their access tools suck.

Help!

maharg

idspispopd
Lots of people like go-daddy. It's pretty cheap.

My favorite is dotster. Their service is really very good in my experience (I own several domains), though they cost a bit more than the really discounted registrars, and they're really good about letting you know about privacy issues and all that (there are certain opt-out mailing lists that are kept and sold by internic that apply to all registrars, but not all of them will tell you about it so you can opt-out easily).

Just whatever you do, do NOT use Network Solutions. They tell you they have the largest number of domains registered as a way of validating their ridiculous pricing, but that's just because they used to have a monopoly on domain registration. They have absolutely terrible service.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom