• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Google Chrome |OT|

Jasoco

Banned
Mike Works said:
Do you use iCab or something else (for iPad)?
Safari since I switched to iOS5. Haven't used iCab since. It didn't work on the first preview and I got used to Safari's speed. I can't go back.

colinisation said:
Disable it by going to

about:flags

and turning of multiple profiles, then restarting.

This could be me being dense (its been known to happen), but I don't have an option to turn off multiple profiles in about:flags - I'm running 14.0.825.0 dev-m.. :\ Actually, I don't have anything in about:flags enabled.

kehs

Banned
HiroProtagonist said:
This could be me being dense (its been known to happen), but I don't have an option to turn off multiple profiles in about:flags - I'm running 14.0.825.0 dev-m.. :\ Actually, I don't have anything in about:flags enabled.

It's gonna be part of the browser, so you probably won't be able to turn it off.

I'm guessing the cupcake is just a placeholder until they load you your g account photo.

Xrenity

HiroProtagonist said:
Same here. Don't have the option.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
Why doesn't chrome work with twitter? I click on someone's tweet and it doesn't slide out into the side panel.

Talka

Chrome started acting slow for me about a week ago. If I open three flash / youtube videos at once they all stutter instead of playing smoothly. I can play like 20 flash / youtube videos at once in Safari.

Any suggestions?

Dice

Jasoco said:
Works for me. Which Chrome channel and what extensions do you have?
Channel? WTF?

No extensions. I just installed it and it doesn't work.

I just made the switch from Firefox 5 to Chrome today, and everything seems so foreign. I had a few questions that I was hoping i could get answered, too.

1) Is there a way to organize the buttons around the navigation bar?
2) Is there a way to move the tabs from the top of the bar to the bottom?
3) Is there an equivalent to Foxytunes and NoScript for Chrome?
4) Why does everything get highlighted in between line breaks?

Is there a way to not have that happen?
5) I'm used to having a "File" button like in other browsers, but is there a way to get it in Chrome?

Jasoco

Banned
I hate to say it but I think the answer to all but 3 is No. And the answer to 3 is no and yes I believe. The buttons are static. The tabs are explained when Google unveiled Chrome. The line break highlighting is the way WebKit does it. And the last I believe is a Windows question? I think most apps are getting rid of menubars in Windows. So it's logical Chrome does it too.

Copernicus said:
It's gonna be part of the browser, so you probably won't be able to turn it off.

I'm guessing the cupcake is just a placeholder until they load you your g account photo.
Ah, thanks. I set it to the briefcase and it's a bit less distracting than the other options.

survivor

Banned
After browsing for couple of weeks with the address bar hidden, I decided I have had enough. While it was pretty nice to get a lot of vertical space, hiding the bar had too many annoying problems. For example, if the website is still loading, I can't just go into the address bar and start typing, it will just reset my text. Also the other annoying problem was sometimes the URL of a random tab would stay across all my tabs. So I can't copy paste whatever URL I'm on.

Unless they get around these 2 problems, I will stick with the regular view for now.

Futureman

Anyone know why sometimes in GMail, the button for attaching a file goes away, and in it's place is a little black and white puzzle piece? WTF?

attach.jpg

D4Danger

Unconfirmed Member
Flash crashed

If you have Flash enabled it will replace the standard attach button with a small Flash application (the advantage being you can attach multiple files using Flash)

the little jigsaw piece appears when a plugin crashes. Not much you can do about it except reload the page

Dice

Figured it out. Apparently twitter doesn't work when the page is zoomed... unless you zoom out, start using it, then zoom back in. >_>

Even IE8 is better than Chrome.

Jasoco

Banned
Dice said:
Channel? WTF?

No extensions. I just installed it and it doesn't work.
Channel. Stable? Beta? Dev? Canary? Or Chromium? There's 5 different channels of Chrome and they all have different stages of feature set and stability. I believe that's also the order of stability too. The first three are interchangeable too, at least on OS X, in that they will each use the same Profile folder. The other two get their own.
Dice said:
Figured it out. Apparently twitter doesn't work when the page is zoomed... unless you zoom out, start using it, then zoom back in. >_>

Even IE8 is better than Chrome.
Mine doesn't have that problem. That's why knowing the Channel is important. I'm on the Dev Channel.

PaulLFC

Have anyone elses GAF extensions stopped working? I had quite a few installed including quick reply and user highlighter, and they were working fine yesterday. They all seem to have stopped working together today though.

PaulLFC

mclaren777 said:
The two I use (Live Thread & User Highlighter) are still working fine for me.

Hmm, strange. Must be a problem with my Chrome installation then I guess. I've tried disable/re-enable and uninstall/reinstall for user highlighter, and it's still not working for some reason. May have to reinstall Chrome.

Has anyone else been having a ridiculous amount of problems lately? For maybe the last 4 days, I can hardly do anything before I see the "Aw Snap." Any time I click on anything sometimes. I'm on Dev channel, I think.

Echoplx

PaulLFC said:
Have anyone elses GAF extensions stopped working? I had quite a few installed including quick reply and user highlighter, and they were working fine yesterday. They all seem to have stopped working together today though.

Maybe try this one, it's kinda an all in one solution so might be worth a try

http://setemfree.tumblr.com/

Ashhong

Can someone help me out...I am trying to install Chrome on my parents computer and this is what shows up.

xOIQ3.jpg

I figure its some kind of conflict with the Korean, but I looked in the Language section in Control Panel and Korean isn't even set. I don't know why this computer is showing Korean...

MrHicks

Banned
Ashhong said:
Can someone help me out...I am trying to install Chrome on my parents computer and this is what shows up.

xOIQ3.jpg

I figure its some kind of conflict with the Korean, but I looked in the Language section in Control Panel and Korean isn't even set. I don't know why this computer is showing Korean...

ur taskbar looks like your running win95

Ashhong

MrHicks said:
ur taskbar looks like your running win95

XP in Classic Mode to make it easier on my parents :lol

It's their work computer so they have very basic needs. Internet, some auto repair programs, and Excel. I want to put on Chrome though because FF has been lagging lately.

clav

Ashhong said:

http://i.imgur.com/xOIQ3.jpg

Windows XP.

You need to install Asian language support in the Windows XP Control Panel. There's a checkbox to install Asian languages, and Windows XP will require you to insert a CD.

Alternatively, visit an Asian language site (Korean) using Internet Explorer, and it'll prompt the same thing.

Otherwise, just download the English version of Chrome.

Ashhong

claviertekky said:
Windows XP.

You need to install Asian language support in the Windows XP Control Panel. There's a checkbox to install Asian languages, and Windows XP will require you to insert a CD.

Alternatively, visit an Asian language site (Korean) using Internet Explorer, and it'll prompt the same thing.

Otherwise, just download the English version of Chrome.
....I didn't even realize that I downloaded the Korean version of chrome lol. it did have some prompt when downloading but it was in Korean and I just selected whatever. I noticed some sites go to the Korean version automatically as well. is that because of the chrome version?

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Should we get a new OP? Or at the very least, the title should be updated by a kind mod.

Bboy AJ

My dog was murdered by a 3.5mm audio port and I will not rest until the standard is dead
Andrex said:
Should we get a new OP? Or at the very least, the title should be updated by a kind mod.
Okay, but you can't ever be an OP anymore. You self implode every six weeks.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Bboy AJ said:
Okay, but you can't ever be an OP anymore. You self implode every six weeks.

Bah. That just makes it more exciting.

Oh that's right, I never got to post here about my game because I was banned. Well anyways I posted a demo for my HTML5/Chrome Web Store game in late May. Install it here.

It's pretty limited and the physics are off, but well, it's a demo. Full game should be out soon, actually.

Verano

Reads Ace as Lace. May God have mercy on their soul
speaking of HTML 5, it seems I can't watch mostly nothing on youtube since I opted for the HTML 5 trial they had. The error I get is that my browser, google chrome, can't currently recognize any of the video formats available.

any of you guys know whats up?
I was seeing some youtube vids earlier but now I can't see shit.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
I don't know, but I do know the YouTube HTML5 player is a piece of crap. They should overhaul that ASAP.

Verano

Reads Ace as Lace. May God have mercy on their soul
Andrex said:
I don't know, but I do know the YouTube HTML5 player is a piece of crap. They should overhaul that ASAP.

nvm. I chose the option "Leave HTML5 trial" and everything is back to normal

I can't find a link for the Better Youtube extension. Looks like they pulled it from the store.

Anyone knows any other place? Looked everywhere for it.

Jzero

RoaringHawk said:
I can't find a link for the Better Youtube extension. Looks like they pulled it from the store.

Nope, it's gone. I noticed when i switched to another Chrome channel. it's okay though Cosmic Panda makes up for that extension.

RoaringHawk said:

I was wondering about this as well for quite a while. It was my favorite extension for Chrome and I'm sad to see it off the store.

Heh, just noticed a subtle little change that makes me very happy.

When you use your mouse to highlight part of a URL in the address bar, you can do it on the first click and just start dragging. In other browsers (and in Chrome until recently) you have to click once, and then another time to start dragging.

Good looking out, Google nerds.

Battersea Power Station said:
Heh, just noticed a subtle little change that makes me very happy.

When you use your mouse to highlight part of a URL in the address bar, you can do it on the first click and just start dragging. In other browsers (and in Chrome until recently) you have to click once, and then another time to start dragging.

Good looking out, Google nerds.
what? no

CajoleJuice said:
You're right: I just tried it in FF5 and it's the new method (I guess I haven't used FF since 3.5). IE9 is still the old way for me, though. Will try Safari when I get home. Anyway, I believe it was a recent change in Chrome.

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
Anyways else get Chrome Sync errors like every fucking day now? It's happened ever since the dev version moved to like 14.XX for me.

Jasoco

Banned
Anyone know if it's possible to suppress this dialog:

96rOH.png

It comes up on every HTTPS page because of the custom scripts I run with Personalized Options, and it's annoying because a lot of people link to YouTube with HTTPS for some reason or other sites like Google sending me to Apple's HTTPS Support forums. I always end up pressing Load Anyway but it's annoying because then it reloads the page. Pain in the ass. I want to TURN IT OFF AND JUST ALLOW THE SCRIPT!

Top Bottom