• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Google Chrome |OT|

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Also it's pretty lame that Chrome help thread was locked. Guess I'll have to make a general Chrome development thread.

ScOULaris

Also it's pretty lame that Chrome help thread was locked. Guess I'll have to make a general Chrome development thread.

That thread got locked? I wonder why...

Between that, my situation, and Kagari's strange reply, I don't know who to trust anymore.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
I came here to say the updated Chrome for Android is much faster and I leave confused and a bit sad

It got updated? Are there release notes anywhere?

I'm kinda bumbed it's relying on Android Market's update mechanism. If someone turned that off then they'll be stuck on the beta version possibly forever. Google should have included the auto updater for the Android release.

They did say it would update a lot. They said it would almost catch up to the desktop version by the time jellybean comes out (or when the beta is over, likely the same time).

gcubed

It got updated? Are there release notes anywhere?

I'm kinda bumbed it's relying on Android Market's update mechanism. If someone turned that off then they'll be stuck on the beta version possibly forever. Google should have included the auto updater for the Android release.

release notes -

faster.
supports app linking

gcubed

xV5gT.jpg

BlueMagic

I am close to getting it done. I just need to know of an easy way of knowing what the last page of the thread is and how I can easily manipulate some elements like the navigators (you know, the little numbers to choose what page you want to go to, so I can modify what number of page they lead to). Can anyone help with that?

BTW Andrex, I found an id called 'lastpost' to which I can append the posts of the following pages (via the parsing which is already done, but I have a problem if I'm on the last page and that's why I need to check).

Also sorry that they closed the thread I had created, I didn't want to put an |OT| tag to it because it seems to me that those require confirmation from a mod?

D4Danger

Unconfirmed Member
for web delopment: javascript, yay or nay

it's your only option on the client side

on the server you can use anything you want. javascript, python, ruby, c, php. They all have excellent frameworks and resources available for you to learn from.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
I wonder at the outrage if Google had a message like that for Chrome on search and YouTube.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Wow I didn't know middle clicking a tab closed it out! This will be some much easier!

:O How could you not know.

Middle clicking links opens them in a new tab too, and this works on the back/forwards/refresh button as well.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
I like how their third bullet point is basically the first two combined. Must have run out of good things to exaggerate.

Izick

I like how their third bullet point is basically the first two combined. Must have run out of good things to exaggerate.

"Okay, so we have...

• Experience MSN in an all around faster browser
  • Unleas a more beautiful web

...so what else do we have?"

"Well, we're not faster, more secure, or more elegant then Chrome, and we have nowhere near the security or add-on support of Firefox...how about "Experience MSN as it should be, on a faster, more beautiful web!"

"That's brilliant."

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Man I tried turning on the UberPage in about:flags, and it suuuucks. It's got the nice Android font, but the layout is not half as nice as the default settings page :/

So, I'm using it. It's better than KB SSL Enforcer, but not half as good as HTTPS Everywhere for Firefox. You can't add custom sites, which basically means that it's only good for SSLing your auxillary connections (EG on NeoGAF it flags "Google Services", "Google APIs", etc). I reiterate again, though, that it's silly that the EFF isn't a Canadian registered charity so any donation I would give them wouldn't be tax deductible.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
I was reading about the UberPage... what is it?

It's like the regular settings page, only shitty!

UberPage:
IwLDz.png

UberPage Advanced Settings:
FQHnc.png

(Again, I like the Android font and everything, but otherwise it seems like a worse version of something that is already better!)

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
You have to enable that? It was the default for a long while.

Now it's a flag on about:flags. Are you sure it was the default? I've been using Chrome since like V5 and I don't remember it--of course it's entirely possible I just totally forgot about whatever it was, but I didn't think so :p

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
A default in Canary, I mean. :p

And yeah I agree, looks horrible. At the risk of sounding like a design hipster, it needs more padding.

Top Bottom