• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Google Chrome |OT|

D4Danger

Unconfirmed Member
Google's social garbage has started infecting Chrome

and it now takes 2 clicks to bookmark a page so you're forced to look at it.

svtcc.png

Quentyn

Google's social garbage has started infecting Chrome

and it now takes 2 clicks to bookmark a page so you're forced to look at it.

svtcc.png

That's the "Action Box". It was a option for a while, seems like it is on by default now.

You can disable it in about:flags.

D4Danger

Unconfirmed Member
HTML5 Video Player extension for yt seems to have stopped working for me.

yep, youtube has changed something and all the urls come back with a 403 forbidden error now so you can use them in a <video> container.

I'll need to look into it but for now it's broken.

edit: I've just upload v1.0.5 which should fix the bug. I've also added the persistent=false flag so it will free up a bit of memory when you're not using it.

Sagitario

I am trying to update the YousableTubeFix script for Chrome (http://userscripts.org/scripts/show/57201).

I get this message: "Extensions, apps and user scripts can only be added from the Chrome Web Store".

First: I get why (security and control, I am sure), but it's so freaking restrictive.

Second: YousableTubeFix isn't available on the Chrome Web Store (and lots of other great scripts aren't either).

Third: Is there a way to bypass this?

Tokubetsu

yep, youtube has changed something and all the urls come back with a 403 forbidden error now so you can use them in a <video> container.

I'll need to look into it but for now it's broken.

edit: I've just upload v1.0.5 which should fix the bug. I've also added the persistent=false flag so it will free up a bit of memory when you're not using it.

Much love, im getting something about needing dev channel though but thanks for the quick response!

Bollocks

In other words when can we expect Google Cloud Print with the Android version of Chrome?
I got my Nexus 7 this week and was really looking forward to that option, I thought that feature would be default by now.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Yeah, Google's Gmail one has been super flaky for the past 3 or 4 days.

Thanks for the link Jzero.

Wozzly

special needs, sexual needs
Hopefully you guys can help me :(

9/10 times when I click on my Xbox.com bookmark it redirects to my previous page I was on. Example: I'm using FaceBook and I click my bookmark, xbox.com loads up then redirects me back to FaceBook. I don't what to do. It's only xbox.com every other bookmark works fine 100% of the time.

OneEightZero

aka ThreeOneFour
I just moved from the Dev channel back to Stable on Mac.

It's way too buggy for normal use now.

Edit: I spoke too soon. Stable just crashed my MacBook. -.-

D4Danger

Unconfirmed Member
I updated my youtube extension so any link with a time offset will start at that point. That's been bugging me for a while and I thought people would find it useful because you see them all the time on gaf.

if something breaks you can PM me or post here and I'll take a look.

So Google Chrome suddenly slowed to a snail's pace. New tab page takes a lot longer to open and load up than it did before. Webpages load slower. I'm 100% sure it isnt my internet connection. Anyone else experiencing this?

Rebel Leader

THE POWER OF BUTTERSCOTCH BOTTOMS
So Google Chrome suddenly slowed to a snail's pace. New tab page takes a lot longer to open and load up than it did before. Webpages load slower. I'm 100% sure it isnt my internet connection. Anyone else experiencing this?

nope.
-----------

I'm wondering is there a way to make google chrome automatically go to the https versions of sites without using https everywhere?

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
HTTPS Everywhere broke so many sites I had to disable it anyways, and more sites seem to be defaulting to HTTPS anyways.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Changes in HTML5 support with Chrome 22:

• File APIs &#9656; HTMLInputElement.webkitEntries
    Get FileSystem API entries representing user selected files from an <input type="file" multiple>.

• File APIs &#9656; Unprefixed Blob.slice()
    Blob.slice() is un-prefixed (from webkitSlice()) in M21.

• XHR &#9656; xhr.send(ArrayBufferView)
    Allows for sending a typed array directly rather than sending just its ArrayBuffer.

• IndexedDB
    • deleteDatabase() and webkitGetDatabaseNames() can now be called from Workers.
    • IDBKeyRange.upperOpen/lowerOpen flags are now reported correctly when lowerBound()/upperBound() used.
    • Empty arrays are no longer valid key paths.
    • Requests can no longer be issued against transactions when not active (i.e. outside of creation context or callbacks, e.g. from a timeout or non-IDB event.)
    • "versionchange" events are no longer fired against connections that are closing.
    • Multi-entry indexes with invalid/duplicate subkeys now populated per spec.

• WebP
    Alpha and lossless support.

• Encrypted Media Extensions
    Clear Key only; WebM Encryption v0.3 & ISO Common Encryption; encrypted video only.

• Desktop Notifications
    createHTMLNotification() was removed because of spec compliance.

• Pointer Lock
    On by default with a refined API similar to requestFullScreen.

dwebo

I just updated and the fonts look like shit on gaf.

yep. font rendering definitely looks worse, like it's not doing as much smoothing or something

had a similar issue with firefox a few years ago, and IIRC it was an nvidia-only issue(?), though as that prompted me to switch to chrome I never checked if it was ever fixed

IE10, here I come

Top Bottom