• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Google Chrome |OT|

Edgeward

Is it me or has chrome lately been chugging after an hour+ use? it never used to do such a thing but now even on gaf it will take it's sweet time to load images after about an hour, I just presumed it was a bad memory leak or something.

Chrome right now after I just booted the pc up is really chugging. Pages load up real weird and there is a lag even when checking gmail. No idea what is going on. Was fine before I went to bed and IE and firefox loads pages fine.

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
Chrome these days...flash stops working...and quits randomly.

sigh

I had a random month or two where Flash wouldn't work. Things like FB's photo uploading and stuff was just borked. I also had a lot of flash and shockwave plugin failures.

I'm on the dev channel though that recently got updated. Everything seems to be fixed pretty much for me now. Hopefully these changes get passed down to the stable version ASAP as I swear everyone is now experiencing the Flash problems I had starting 2 months ago.

Guri

For all of you who are having problems, maybe if you do a clean reinstall? I started using Chrme again this week and I'm not having any of these problems.

How do I get this extension to work? Chrome is telling me I can only download extensions from the official store.

Download to your HDD, then go to the extensions tab and move the file from Windows Explorer.

Jzero

I had a random month or two where Flash wouldn't work. Things like FB's photo uploading and stuff was just borked. I also had a lot of flash and shockwave plugin failures.

I'm on the dev channel though that recently got updated. Everything seems to be fixed pretty much for me now. Hopefully these changes get passed down to the stable version ASAP as I swear everyone is now experiencing the Flash problems I had starting 2 months ago.
Yup i started using HTML 5 for now. There is no freaken way i would change browsers though.

dwebo

chrome has been annoying about its in-house pepper flash plugin recently. I've no doubt it's safer or whatever, but it's also not as hardware accelerated as the regular flash version that it takes priority over. you can check yourself with youtube's view video info - pepper flash won't ever accelerate the decoding portion, at least on an intel igp and nvidia dgpu. twitch.tv uses significantly more cpu as a result, as well

it wouldn't be that annoying except that ever since they enabled it a few weeks ago, the damn thing defaults to being enabled. even after disabling it in about:plugins, every minor update re-enables it again

Edgeward

I don't even use the built-in plug-in anymore. I download flash manually and uncheck the built in one and check the other browser plug-in. No problems since then for me.

The Real Abed

Perma-Junior
Yeah on OS X I just copy the Flash from the normal Internet Plug-ins folder into the Chrome package if I need to replace it. Though I haven't noticed any problems with it lately.

Bruiserk

Anybody else getting a site certificate error when doing a google search from the omnibox? It doesn't even give me the option to "proceed anyway".

edit: nevermind I think it is a local issue because of certificates. I imported the certificate that wasn't trusted into the trusted store, we will see if the issue persists after that.

on a new computer and chrome is showing me the old "New Tab" page. Left is what I have, right is what I want:

TbyOs.jpg
chrome_95451_appsnum_en.png
Totally forgot how to enable it though.

Chrome just keeps getting screwier and screwier. Now when I start it up, it doesn't even open to my homepage. :| Graphical glitches, Flash going to shit, and now this.

VALIS

Chrome just keeps getting screwier and screwier. Not when I start it up, it doesn't even open to my homepage. :| Graphical glitches, Flash going to shit, and now this.

It really is. And since I have to use Chrome or Safari (webkit-based) for work, it's been ten times as annoying. I've been wanting to go back to Firefox for months but seeing as I need Chrome for work, it's just easier to use it all the time.

sca2511

Chrome is causing FF to stutter?

No, Flash was stuttering in Firefox/Waterfox, so I've switched to Chrome. I've been constantly switching browsers for a while and there are add-ons on Firefox that I miss on Chrome, but the Youtube smoothness makes me go on Chrome more often.

Izick

I feel like there's been an explanation to this, but is there a way to fix the most visited sites thumbnails to actually appear in Chrome? It's kind of jarring having like half of them just blank but with the site name beneath them. (on OS X)

LuffyZoro

I've been having serious CPU hogging problems recently, with Chrome taking nearly 100% and Flash and scrolling lagging significantly.

PaulLFC

I just installed Windows 8 and Chrome, but whenever I click on an RSS feed, it pops up a box asking me which extension I'd like to open the page with - there are options like Google Reader and "Feed Intent Reader" etc. I'm sure on my Windows 7 install the pages with the feeds just open automatically, does anyone know how I can get that behaviour back?

Top Bottom