• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Google I/O 2013 |OT|

Status
Not open for further replies.

shwimpy

LB_2845.jpg

andycapps

So no news on an iOS app. Doesn't work that well through the browser. I have an app that accesses Google Music, but it won't support these new features.

Zozz

Banned
You can already do it with the current app, should be able to do it with their catalog. RIGHT !? RIGHT!?

Shambles

Just use a proxy to make a google music account. Once you've made an account you can access within canada without a proxy.

You need an american credit card to verify. And even if that works some people have had their accounts retroactively disabled (or at least that's what some posters claim).

Futureman

Wait save 2 bucks a month if you trial by June 30th?!

well that's great. Cheaper than Spotify and probably nicer app/web app. Did they say how long you'll pay $7.99? Only until you cancel or something?

wonder if Vampire Weekend's new album will be on here? It's delayed on Spotify for a few weeks.

VanWinkle

Definitely excited to try All Access out. I'm not sure if it's enough like Rdio in terms of being able to add music from the cloud service to My Library.

Edit: Wait why am I seeing stock on the S4?!?!?!?! :O

Edit 2: oh a special edition, Nexus S4. That's crazy. I seriously cannot believe that's true.

RoadHazard

Gold Member
The new Music stuff sounds cool, but as expected not a single word is said about bringing any of it outside a few chosen countries. Two years after launching Music, not a single hint has been given as to when the rest of the world will get to try this shit out. Yeah, I know music licensing is a bitch, but Google has been pathetically bad at it. The other big companies doing the same thing don't seem to have anywhere near the same amount of trouble rolling their shit out across the world.

To sum it up: Google fucking suck at global service rollouts. Really, really fucking suck.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom