• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Google+ |OT| A New Social Network

Number45

I right click the game and it doesn't bring anything up at all, so I assume it's not Flash. :)

EDIT: That might be Chrome popup blocker related...

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
I also wonder if the games are actually hosted on Google+ and not just jankily embedded using an iframe like Facebook's games are...

Number45

Fired up a different game (Diamond Dash) and that's Flash, so definitely a mixture. No idea how to check where they're hosted though.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Just got games activated, and yup, they're using iframes. The Google+ version of Angry Birds is embedded from here: https://r3085-dot-latest-dot-project-slingshot-gp.appspot.com/

Funny that the spammer issue is coming up, there's a guy on the neogaf circle who posts a constant stream of various things all the time and made me think, don't you have anything better to do? Seriously, just a whole bunch of random crap. Like someone's tumblr on the stream

Jeels

So I personally love G+, but since the few weeks of hype after its launch, I am seeing maybe only 40% of the updates on my stream that I used to despite having doubled my amount of friends.

I feel like everyone who I've talked to loves G+ more, but no one is willing to forego their Facebook friends unless everyone suddenly starts moving to G+ exclusively at once.

Number45

Pachterballs said:
Funny that the spammer issue is coming up, there's a guy on the neogaf circle who posts a constant stream of various things all the time and made me think, don't you have anything better to do? Seriously, just a whole bunch of random crap. Like someone's tumblr on the stream
I think I've blocked one of my GAF circle for just that reason - insane amount of stuff posted. That said, my stream is little more than a photography feed at the moment!

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
if anyone wants to talk games and stuff in a civil manner i post and respond a good amount, just pm me your profile and i'll add you to my games circle. i have the following circles with some gaffers in them so let me know which you want to be in:
-video games
-board games
-mma
-sports
-law

no one who posts/acts like a 10y-o though -- keep that on facebook thx

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
I wish that games used some kind of lightbox like photos. Hate having to scroll down a bit just to get the "full picture."

eznark

Banned
Finally tried DA: Journeys. Not bad.

Astro, feel free to add me to your games circle, I generally post like a 6 year old.

xtop

played about 2 min of the zombie game. switched computers and now the game won't load on any computer or browser. d'oh

edit: how do i revoke access i gave to a game?

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ

Keyouta

I haven't kept up on the news, but when I got my invitation over a month ago, when I put in my age as 17 it didn't let me in. I heard it wasn't going to be open for people under 18 until the full product launches.

Is there any date to look forward to?

kehs

Banned
Keyouta said:
I haven't kept up on the news, but when I got my invitation over a month ago, when I put in my age as 17 it didn't let me in. I heard it wasn't going to be open for people under 18 until the full product launches.

Is there any date to look forward to?

Your birthday.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
pm me your profile if you are looking for allies or whatever in any games -- just tell me which. right now mostly playing dragon age and city of wonder

unomas

Banned
Jeels said:
So I personally love G+, but since the few weeks of hype after its launch, I am seeing maybe only 40% of the updates on my stream that I used to despite having doubled my amount of friends.

I feel like everyone who I've talked to loves G+ more, but no one is willing to forego their Facebook friends unless everyone suddenly starts moving to G+ exclusively at once.

Same, nobody from Facebook is moving over, G+ would have been much better if they avoided the slow rollout locking out people that wanted in but coudln't get in because of the limited initial numbers. I feel like G+ is much better than facebook, but the opportunity was lost. Too bad, I'm sick of Facebook.

gcubed

unomas said:
Same, nobody from Facebook is moving over, G+ would have been much better if they avoided the slow rollout locking out people that wanted in but coudln't get in because of the limited initial numbers. I feel like G+ is much better than facebook, but the opportunity was lost. Too bad, I'm sick of Facebook.

without business pages and groups, its not going to be ready

eznark

Banned
gcubed said:
without business pages and groups, its not going to be ready

I think a bigger failure is the uselessness of the +1 and (related) how cumbersome it is to share a link. Why aren't +1's auto-shared somewhere? Why can't I share stuff from Reader? Why are Sparks so dumb?

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
eznark said:
I think a bigger failure is the uselessness of the +1 and (related) how cumbersome it is to share a link. Why aren't +1's auto-shared somewhere? Why can't I share stuff from Reader? Why are Sparks so dumb?

Exactly. Those a the three most important issues Google needs to resolve right now. They need to tie +1's into Google+ itself, and integrate Sparks and Reader somehow.

Andrex said:
Exactly. Those a the three most important issues Google needs to resolve right now. They need to tie +1's into Google+ itself, and integrate Sparks and Reader somehow.

That and direct messaging (a la Huddle) on the desktop. It's insulting that they've implemented games before implementing basic communications. I quit G+ out of (nerd) rage.

Enco

I'm trying to make this work Google but damn it's hard.

I love the design and the circles feature but it's completely useless without friends or family. It was never going to beat facebook but I hoped it would get a bit closer. Still obviously time but right now it's not looking good. I might move back to fb and stick to the private groups (like circles). That way I get the best of both worlds.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
Enco said:
I'm trying to make this work Google but damn it's hard.

I love the design and the circles feature but it's completely useless without friends or family. It was never going to beat facebook but I hoped it would get a bit closer. Still obviously time but right now it's not looking good. I might move back to fb and stick to the private groups (like circles). That way I get the best of both worlds.
yeah we'll see. i can understand the team being frustrated with the kind of bs facebook is pulling: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cj0jjDtafak. which is even funnier considering how fb was built in large part by leveraging open contact lists from services like gmail

then again what would you expect from a company like fb

AstroLad said:
yeah we'll see. i can understand the team being frustrated with the kind of bs facebook is pulling: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cj0jjDtafak. which is even funnier considering how fb was built in large part by leveraging open contact lists from services like gmail

Definitely an interesting censorship issue if it were to be argued in court.

What if you send it as a private message?

travisbickle said:
Definitely an interesting censorship issue if it were to be argued in court.

What if you send it as a private message?

I think it'll show up as long as you actually send it to your friend or if you post it on your wall and they check your wall, it just won't show up in their news feed.

Enco

AstroLad said:

What a load if garbage.

I posted a link to G+ a while back. Wonder if no one saw it.

Well if I do use fb it'll solely be for the private messagin or private groups. Every other feature can go to hell.

Top Bottom