• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Google+ |OT| A New Social Network

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Everybody post about #driveforlinux. We got it trending last night but it fell off this morning...

Korey

Hate that on a widescreen monitor there is soooo much white space between the stream column and Google Talk. No fucking way of centering in the stream. It's all justified to the left. >_>

Couldn't that vast, empty space be construed as a metaphor for Google+ as a whole?

kehs

Banned
So the whitespace isn't that bad, if you use google chat alot.

I'm chatting with a certain someone about his pokemon adventures, and it's nice to still be able to browser the what's new stream and see sitting frogs simultaneously.

---

So when did "download full size" become functional? Instead of the download dialog, I now get a proper new tab with the image, no bullshittery needed. Awesome.

SimleuqiR

I'm sooo jelly!

http://googleblog.blogspot.com/2012/05/google-mobile-app-with-sense-and-soul.html

iPhones get it first!!

The end result—we hope—is an app that brings you closer to the people you care about, and the stuff you’re into; an app with sense and soul. But please, give it a go and let us know what you think. The iPhone update is rolling out now to the App Store (version 2.0.0.5888), and the Android update is coming in a few weeks (with a few extra surprises).

Beautiful app!!

ios2.png

ios1.png

I think this might be the best looking Google app ever?

ios4.png

ios6.png

snacknuts

we all knew her
That looks great. Not available for me in the app store yet, though. =[ And hopefully I'll be rid of this stupid iPhone before "a few weeks" is up, and I'll have to wait for it all over again.

So each post has a person's profile picture and behind that a blown up pixellated (ugly) slice of the same profile picture.. great.

Otherwise I do like the look a lot more than the previous one.

SimleuqiR

I'm hoping one of the Android "surprises" is the ability to start a Hangout from the app.

That would be nice.
I'm hoping for, and this a long shot, that they finally integrate Gtalk and Messenger. On top of that I wouldn't mind Google Voice text messages incorporate into messenger too?

I'm asking for way too much, I know.

kehs

Banned
That would be nice.
I'm hoping for, and this a long shot, that they finally integrate Gtalk and Messenger. On top of that I wouldn't mind Google Voice text messages incorporate into messenger too?

I'm asking for way too much, I know.

Good one.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Messenger would have to go to the desktop site before any merger. You have to keep in mind Gtalk is used everywhere but Messenger is Google+-app specific.

kehs

Banned
It's like they took the crappy parts of Zite and Flipboard, removed the good stuff, and slapped the Google name on it.

You know, I tried flipboard the other day, I don't get it.

It's like...I don't know, for some reason I don't like many of those aggregate programs. Pulse is the only one I can stand to use, and even then I don't like it too much.

I basically just use Currents to view Verge articles cause I hate their website, absolutely loathe it.

kinggroin

Banned
Last I checked, you can join a hangout, but you cannot start one from your phone/tablet.

?

I started one from the messenger app and invited people in. It shows in the stream and they can join in from either the phone or the desktop.

or am I missing something else here...

eznark

Banned
You know, I tried flipboard the other day, I don't get it.

It's like...I don't know, for some reason I don't like many of those aggregate programs. Pulse is the only one I can stand to use, and even then I don't like it too much.

I basically just use Currents to view Verge articles cause I hate their website, absolutely loathe it.

I feel the same way about flipboard. I love Zite though, it actually does a great job at aggregating news and uses a Pandora like system for thumbs up/down. Perfect first thing in the morning read. I wish I could like currents, but the way they handle Google Reader is atrocious.

kehs

Banned
I doubt it, only seems useful for search. But I've been wrong before.

Automatically load context related stuff on the side depending on the post you're reading in the stream. It'd be pretty cool

They're already using that white space for similar function in the profile pages.

-Also where' my G+ update Google?

giga

I've gotta say, the G+ iOS app shits all over the FB app now that they abandoned the browser in an app concept. It's all native obj-c now and it's smooth as hell compared to the shittastic FB UIWebView wrapper app. Shame that no one uses it.

Top Bottom