• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GOP Pundit Jeffrey Lord fired from CNN for tweeting Nazi salute, Trump defends him

Kyzer

Banned
This news kinda slipped by, searched and didnt find anything.

Consider both sides at fault if old.

The Washington Post said:
The president on Tuesday expressed incredulity and dismay at CNN's decision to fire a pro-Trump analyst who tweeted a Nazi slogan.

Speaking at campaign-style rally in Phoenix, the president ridiculed and condemned the national media as “damned dishonest,” eliciting boos and jeers from the friendly audience of supporters.

“They fired Jeffrey Lord. Poor Jeffrey,” Trump said, shaking his head gently and sounding exasperated, his arms outstretched and palms raised, as if in prayer. “Jeffrey Lord. I guess he was getting a little bit fed up, and he was probably fighting back a little too hard.”

On Twitter, Lord expressed his appreciation to the president, saying: “Thank you @POTUS !!”

Lord was fired from the cable network Aug. 10 after tweeting “Sieg Heil!” during a public spat with liberal activist Angelo Carusone, president of Media Matters for America. The phrase, meaning “hail victory,” is banned in Germany because of its association with Adolf Hitler and his Nazi party.

More at link:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...inder-why-cnn-fired-the-conservative-analyst/

Ovid

I find it odd that person that claims to not watch CNN know who's in and who's out at the channel.

Majine

Banned
They are still gonna have a resident Trump dummie, right? Wouldn’t want to turn down the value of self-produced drama.

Fury451

Banned
It's pretty clear that Trump has no idea who Jeffrey Lord is and was just repeating something he overheard from someone

Which is consistent with everything he knows about anything

g11

Seriously, neither CNN or WaPo (or this thread for that matter) screen capped the actual tweet?

Gattsu25

Banned
Seriously, neither CNN or WaPo (or this thread for that matter) screen capped the actual tweet?

No need. The tweet is still there for all to see: https://twitter.com/realJeffreyLord/status/895689103966179330

g0Os2wB.jpg

jph139

This did always feel kind of weird to me. Like, he's clearly accusing the other dude of being a Nazi. Dude's been a shitshow his entire life and THAT'S the line for CNN? I think they just wanted an excuse to can him.

Not that I'm complaining. Couldn't have happened to a better dude.

Lombax

Banned
This thread is about the president of the united goddamned states of fucking america defending someone who was fired for tweeting a nazi salute

Ayep. Honestly why not? The orange fuck can do and say whatever he wants with zero real penalty.

Kyzer

Banned
The twitter thread is pretty hilarious. People are like you know this looks bad right? And hes like what, standing up against fascism and nazis?!

Top Bottom