• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Got Pulled Over - Had "Furtive Movement" line pulled on me for a "lunge search"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe, maybe not, but they always cover for the ones that are, being complicit is just as bad

Citation needed.

I'm not saying "don't be aware of your rights and just always do what the police say," but maybe "don't be a piece of shit about it" is good advice here. I'd be eager to see one example of a time where being confrontational with police officers ended well.

And it's probably already been done but I gotta ask the OP, you understand why the police officer would've been stupid to take you at your word for "oh I was just drinking my soda and shifting, honest," right?

Furtive movements is too wide open to interpretation. At night, through a window, with seats including most of a driver's body, any movement could be considered 'furtive.'

What happens when a black guy reaches over to turn off his radio? Given the systematic racial bias we see in the US, these sort of loose legal guidelines are just tragedy waiting to happen.

LionPride

Banned
I commend you OP.

Those murdering racist POS's need to feel uncomfortable, they make members of modern society feel very uncomfortable every single day, they deserve a taste of their own medicine.

Yeah I don't like or trust cops...this is some dumb ass bullshit to post.

Feel like it's some shit a misguided ass white person would post tho...

K.Jack

Knowledge is power, guard it well
I commend you OP.

Those murdering racist POS's need to feel uncomfortable, they make members of modern society feel very uncomfortable every single day, they deserve a taste of their own medicine.

Sound real nice, but police carry the most potent medicine. Guaranteed lead poisoning.

You think these guys were uncomfortable? They had carte blanche with the OP's life, and even a white guy in a nice car can get the sprinkle some crack treatment.

Tedesco!

Well, the one being searched by cops has the most to lose in a confrontation with cops.

Yes, police should be better trained but relying on them to remain cool and calm hasn't worked out too great for some people.

The issue with that is people don't want to pay for more police training, or states slash the budget of police training due to low state revenue.

Spladam

Empathy for a public servant part of a gang that knowingly harasses and extorts other citizens with the authority to end my life at a moments notice and have no repercussions whatsoever?
Ok.
Wow dude, relax, take off the tinfoil and breathe. I have a good friend who is a State Trooper in Jersey, and you might be relieved to know they don't suddenly manifest into evil people when they put on the badge. Yes, empathy, they have a job to do that puts them in dangerous situations all the time. Do some do this poorly? Sure, but it is humans we are talking about. Wow man.
We are 96 days into 2017. Police have murdered 271 citizens so far. Last year it was 963. He has a pretty high chance of getting killed by one.
Out of the millions of traffic stops that happen daily? Do some math, be less paranoid, come back to reality.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom