• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gotham City Impostors |OT| What happens when you mix Modern Warfare with crack?

domstah

I thought I'd give this a try this morning but the new DLC - ironically called "Compatibility Pack 01" - breaks the matchmaking. I keep getting "Incompatible Game Assets" whenever the game starts.

Not a good start to my career as a costumed vigilante ...

RiccochetJ

Gold Member
Just passed the 40 hour /played mark with no signs of slowing down. Definitely got my $15 worth! I wonder what kind of legs this thing will have? I'm surprised and saddened that more of GAF haven't joined in.

RiccochetJ

Gold Member
I mastered (according to the scoring) the bear trap and got the amazing background for it. I got bored using it so I switched to the hatchet. Wasn't sure I'd like it until I killed someone in the process of trying to divebomb me.

I'm not sure if there's anything more satisfying.

Breaking News. The Gotham City Impostors PC patch is live and 1.16 gigs big. I'll report back later with how well the patch handles things.

cametall

So it looks like the incompetent company(ies) that Monolith and WB are were incapable of accurately tracking people's stats.

So when they "restored" my reset level I got "restored" to level 12, NOT level 31 like I was over a month ago. They could only verify I was level 12 at any point in time. There's people on the forums who lost far more levels than I did AND there's people who hit level 90 after their reset and got "restored" back to level 50.

The fools who created/run this game reverted some high level people who had stat resets back to levels they were a month ago!

I'm done with this game and company. They refuse to correct their "fix" and basically said tough shit to those who are still missing 15+ levels due to their incompetence.

Emerson

May contain jokes =>
So it looks like the incompetent company(ies) that Monolith and WB are were incapable of accurately tracking people's stats.

So when they "restored" my reset level I got "restored" to level 12, NOT level 31 like I was over a month ago. They could only verify I was level 12 at any point in time. There's people on the forums who lost far more levels than I did AND there's people who hit level 90 after their reset and got "restored" back to level 50.

The fools who created/run this game reverted some high level people who had stat resets back to levels they were a month ago!

I'm done with this game and company. They refuse to correct their "fix" and basically said tough shit to those who are still missing 15+ levels due to their incompetence.

That really sucks, but if they don't have the data stored then I don't know what you expect them to do.

RiccochetJ

Gold Member

God that sucks. I've kind of seen the same thing with stat tracking. Depending on where you go (website, ingame etc) you can get different stats.

Hopefully they can get these things ironed out, but I don't blame you for being pissed. I still absolutely love the game though. Got the beached whale background this weekend!

equil

Yea, the stat wipe just happened to me...I was level 166 and I got on today, and it was like I never played before, and i was back at level 1.

I'm hearing they'll restore EXP and Costume coins, but im losing out on my level 9 Gang and all of my camos and backgrounds and everything else...

RiccochetJ

Gold Member
Yea, the stat wipe just happened to me...I was level 166 and I got on today, and it was like I never played before, and i was back at level 1.

I'm hearing they'll restore EXP and Costume coins, but im losing out on my level 9 Gang and all of my camos and backgrounds and everything else...

Damn! Sorry about that. Did you contact them? And how in the hell are people getting up this high in levels? I saw someone at level 800 last night. Mind you I only play deathmatch.

equil

Damn! Sorry about that. Did you contact them? And how in the hell are people getting up this high in levels? I saw someone at level 800 last night. Mind you I only play deathmatch.

Play Fumigation, its alot better. Less campers and you get 500 Points every capture.

LTTP, but I downloaded the trial for this on XBL and this actually seems pretty good. Surprisingly good. Might pick this up, just a tad worried that with a game like this, that the community may not be there too much longer.

jedimike

LTTP, but I downloaded the trial for this on XBL and this actually seems pretty good. Surprisingly good. Might pick this up, just a tad worried that with a game like this, that the community may not be there too much longer.

The community is still strong. I'm not sure how long it will last but I've been noticing a lot of players with single digit advancement. I suspect that word-of-mouth is gaining a lot of new players. The level progression and achievements are insane though so the quit rate might be high.

I love the game and have about 30 hours of play time. I'd like to see a few more levels but for $15, I'm very satisfied. I would think any FPS fan would find great value in GCI.

The community is still strong. I'm not sure how long it will last but I've been noticing a lot of players with single digit advancement. I suspect that word-of-mouth is gaining a lot of new players. The level progression and achievements are insane though so the quit rate might be high.

I love the game and have about 30 hours of play time. I'd like to see a few more levels but for $15, I'm very satisfied. I would think any FPS fan would find great value in GCI.

Went ahead and picked up. The game is very good, fumigation is really fun. Already up to level 22, definitely enjoying all the different ways to play. Having more fun with this than Ive had with MW3 recently.

equil

I wouldnt recommend this game to anyone until they fix it. Theres a pretty big glitch where people randomly lose all of their progress and get reset to level 1.

This has been going on since the game's release and still hasnt been patched.

I wouldnt recommend this game to anyone until they fix it. Theres a pretty big glitch where people randomly lose all of their progress and get reset to level 1.

This has been going on since the game's release and still hasnt been patched.

Yeah, its absolutely mind blowing that in a game like this that this issue has went on for this long. I saw on the thread regarding this on the official forms that its still happening to PS3 users as well despite their claims that PS3 was taken care of.

I got it for XBox and Im at level 22. Absolutely loving the game, having more fun with it than MW3, but Im worried about getting my progress nuked. I lost 5 hours of gameplay in Kingdoms of Amalur over something incredibly stupid in game, and despite having over 35 hours in the game, I still cant go back to it. If I get nuked, Ill more than likely be done, and that would be a shame because the game is really really good (other than the absolutely HUGE game breaking bug lol).

derFeef

Seems good fun so far (PC). The port is pretty good and the ideas are neat. I wish matchmaking would be more fair though.

Just picked this up, it's really fun. Seems like a mix of Shadowrun and CoD to me. Is there any reason to not play as the biggest body-types?

luiztfc

Man, I wanna play this game but I don't want to pay $15. Any chance of a sale (I know Steam did one not that long ago)?

derFeef

That's a pretty sweet PC patch:

• Added a new game mode called Bounty Hunter.
• Added a new map called East End.
• Added mute/unmute functoinality in the matchmaking lobby.
• Added the ability to select specific localized voice to be played from player.
• Added that costume coins do not reset when promoting.
• Added that the BO Sniffer now detects Toxic Gas.
• Fixed players getting stuck in their own matchmaking lobby.
• Fixed issue with showing “Load failed” multiple times when content download fails.
• Fixed issue with Double XP consumable not showing consistently.
• Fixed crashed with vote skipping while in a party.
• Fixed problem with using Toxic Gas after spring boots
• Fixed missing WBID awards after having stats restored.
• Fixed weapon skins unlocks showing incorrect skin.
• Fixed Costume Coins incorrectly labeled as Funny Money.
• Fixed problems with mascots not animating.
• Fixed problems with player save information getting lost, causing progression to start all over.
• Fixed problem with lobby host leaving a dedicated server game causing join in progress players getting blocked.
• Fixed party clients getting stalled when joining in progress.
• Fixed various psych profile not awarded proper bonus points.
• Fixed crash associated with Live services going down.
• Fixed purchasing a Black Market item incorrectly automatically equipping the item.
• Fixed Costume items that cost over 2000 not displaying correctly.
• Fixed some text overruns in localized languages.
• Fixed some issues with displaying icons on muted players.
• Fixed issues with timer not showing sometimes when joining in progress.
• Fixed issue with timer counting down by two in matchmaking.
• Fixed long loading screen if party members idle and are removed.
• Fixed incorrect messages played when an enemy attacked a neutral fumigation point.
• Fixed issues with joining a game in progress during the last minute.
• Fixed problems with team names at beginning of 2nd and subsequent rounds.
• Improved matchmaking to cycle to new lobbies if below a certain number of players and favor fuller lobbies.

Emerson

May contain jokes =>
The game got a free DLC with a new map and a paid DLC with some costumes and weapons today. I haven't had a chance to play yet but it all looks pretty good. Don't think I'll buy the paid stuff though.

Mikey Jr.

Playing the trial mode on PS3.

Not trolling or anything. Honest to God. But this game looks ugly as sin. Is is supposed? Or did something fuck up with my download?

sleepykyo

Playing the trial mode on PS3.

Not trolling or anything. Honest to God. But this game looks ugly as sin. Is is supposed? Or did something fuck up with my download?

It's ugly as sin on the PS3. I had fun nonetheless, but it definitely is ugly and that Gamespot matchmaking.

Mikey Jr.

It's ugly as sin on the PS3. I had fun nonetheless, but it definitely is ugly and that Gamespot matchmaking.

Yeah, and the matchmaking too. My God. It is fucking terrible.

Also, no idea if its just me, but the gameplay stutters. Like, there have been some parts where the screen will freeze for a good 2 seconds, or when I'm running around, it stutters. Very weird.

I probably wont buy this game. I had a lot of fun playing with it, but the game feels like its being held together with tape. This has like Call of Duty crap graphics, but without the 60fps or the smooth feel.

Edit 05/05: This game is an abortion.

Emerson

May contain jokes =>
I've never played the PS3 version but I absolutely love the 360 one.

Another free map was accidentally released early on PS3, and will be coming to 360 this Wednesday. That's one new map every month since launch, and all for free. Much better than many retail shooters manage.

RiccochetJ

Gold Member
Haven't played in a little bit, but I'm planning to hopefully jump in this weekend if I can tear myself away from Diablo.

I'm also interested in that Steampunk dlc. Apparently that weapon is good against the doofuses that all turtle around the health station. Although when we did see that, we would just switch to hatchets and clean house.

Emerson

May contain jokes =>
I've been so busy this week I missed the Steampunk announcement. I didn't buy the first DLC but damn, this one looks like it has some serious gamechangers in it. I may pick this one up.

kai3345

Banned
Game is on sale on PC for GameFly's DD service for $3.75

Is the PC community still active? How is Gamefly's DD service?

Top Bottom