• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gotham S2 |OT| Dawn of Altruism - Mondays 8/7c

Oddduck

Robin Lord Taylor talking about how he wants Paul Ruebens to play Penguin's father...

http://starrymag.com/?p=6957

And then in terms of someone coming into the world, I had the immense pleasure of meeting Paul Reubens the other day, and I’ve been a lifelong Peewee Herman fan and Paul Reubens fan, and I’m sure, as you know, he played Oswald’s father in Batman Returns. I would just love it if we could get him on, if we could establish Oswald’s parents and have it be Paul Reubens. That would be incredible.

I'd be down with Penguin's dad being Pee Wee Herman, haha.

Alpende

Watched the episode yesterday and I really liked it. Still kinda weird they put Barbara in a prison with dudes only.

neorej

ERMYGERD!
Just watched the season premier. Really strong episode.

Have more faith in this show than Arrow

Two different beasts. Apples and oranges.

All the Marvel shows are playing it straight; AoS, Carter, DareDevil, everything plugs into that MCU and it needs to align the tone.

On the other hand, you got Arrow (and in effect, except waaaay worse, The Flash), which is just your weekly soap-opera-level drama except for Rich Forester and Mimi Lockheart, it's about superheroes, which you don't need to take too seriously, because the crew and cast themselves don't. They themselves ham up the lines, villains, costumes and sometimes even the characters themselves.

I just enjoy both for what they are,

Wingfan19

Unconfirmed Member
So apparently Gordon and Dr. Thompkins are having a baby together in real life. Let's see that on screen chemistry heat up.

Oddduck

I wonder if they'll work it into the story and have Leslie Thompkins give birth to batgirl.

http://www.tmz.com/2015/09/24/benjamin-mckenzie-gotham-costar-morena-baccarin-pregnant-divorce/

Morena Baccarin -- the "Homeland" star who played Brody's wife -- will go to court today in her divorce case and reveal she's pregnant, and the father is her "Gotham" co-star Ben McKenzie.

Baccarin filed documents Thursday asking the judge to award her full physical custody of her 1-year-old son, because she lives in New York and her estranged husband Austin Chick lives in L.A. ... and because she's pregnant she can't fly.

We're told Baccarin is at the end of her first trimester. Even though she's able to fly now, she wants the judge to make a proactive order since there will come a point where she can't get on planes.

We're told the couple is excited about the new baby.

Edit: Wingfan19 beat me to posting, lol.

Marissa is gonna be pissssssssssssssed.

tumblr_m7adyriN1u1qa2shho3_250.gif

Effect

Suuuper meta!

Poor Barbara, tough to beat the onscreen chemistry of an actual couple. Never stood a chance XD

This. Not at all surprised they're together in real life after seeing them on screen together. It would be interesting if the writers were to write this into the show and push forward with the relationship on the show and not break it up. That way she doesn't have to take time off when she starts to show. Barbara is out right crazy now and murderous. There is no way they can justify putting her and Jim back together so don't even try. Toss the comic lore out the window in this regard and write a new chapter on that front.

Blader

Had no idea they were dating in real life. No wonder their chemistry was so much better than Gordon and Barbara's. :lol

TheOddOne

- Variety: ‘Gotham’ Casts ‘Looking’ Alum as DC Comics Villain .
Fox’s “Gotham” has tapped “Looking” star Raul Castillo to play DC Comics villain
Eduardo Flamingo
, Variety has learned exclusively.

Making his debut in episode nine of season two,
Eduardo Flamingo is one of Gotham’s most dangerous hitmen. Killing for him isn’t just a job, it’s an art form. Armed with a spiked chain and an appetite for flesh, this rock-a-billy assassin
will prove to be one of Detective Jim Gordon’s (Ben McKenzie) trickiest foes.

Good episode, but I am wondering why Zzaz didn't make a play for Gotham and just fell into line alongside Penguin.

Holy growth spurt, Batman.

Jerome...not sure if he's Joker. Feels too obvious, I'm going to go with him being someone else but they'll continue to keep it vague and let the viewer come up with their own theories.

The look on Gordon's face when Zaardon pulled the sword...and I can't place it, but his outfit reminded of something.

Loving Nygma's alter ego. Glad they didn't wait too long to show how far he's descended into madness.

Loving psycho Barbara. Her appearance in this episode made up for nearly everything in season 1. Long may this direction continue.

Whoa, Sionis and he's already gone. LOL.

LOL at Selina. I just don't know what else to say. What exactly did she do to gain such a prominent position and how on earth is she going to protect her spot at the table?

Damn, Gordon straight up murdered that guy....

So who is the new guy, Galivan? From the comics or an all new character?

GOOD LAWD - JESSICA LUCAS!!!!

TheOddOne

New episode today:
Season 2: episode 2 "Knock, Knock"

On the heels of his reinstatement, Gordon is thrust onto the high-profile case tracking the deadly inmate escape from Arkham Asylum. Meanwhile, Galavan plans his next move, while Bruce asks for help from his father’s old friend to unlock the secrets in his office, and Nygma asks out Kristen Kringle on a date.

Effect

Gotham Season Premiere Grows 56% in Live + 3 Viewing

http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/20...n-premiere-grows-56-in-live-3-viewing/472076/

Wow. Minority Report also increased as well.

via press notes:

The season 2 premiere of GOTHAM grew +56% after only 3 days of delayed TV viewing (1.6 > 2.5). And with streaming on FOX NOW and Hulu factored in, its total multiplatform rolled up to 7.3 million in the first three days -- up +61% vs its same-day delivery (vs 4.6 mil)

Minority Report also saw a healthy gain in Nielsen’s Live +3s, growing +55% to a 1.7 rating in Adults 18-49. With all viewing in the first three days across platforms (incl. encore), the premiere episode of MINORITY REPORT drew a total multiplatform audience of 7.5 million - up +141% from its same-day audience (3.1 mil).

Finally all caught up. Didn't think s1 would grip me like it did. It's a super fun and interesting watch. Can be over the top crazy but I love it

Of all the comic shows I actually originally put off watching Gotham, that was a mistake.

JTripper

Finished the last 5 or so episodes of season 1 and the premiere of season 2 this week. I didn't think the show was good so I stopped watching for a while until a few nights ago. I was surprised at how much I actually somewhat enjoyed the last few episodes of season 1 and last week's premiere. Hopefully season 2 is great.

I'm glad Fish is gone. She probably had the weakest and least interesting story in season 1 even though I thought Pinkett-Smith played her well. I'm also super interested in seeing Nygma's psychotic breakdown and I'm super hyped to see the Court of Owls this season.

The commercial with Gordon looking rough going through the alley and the villains still looks so good.

Jerome...not sure if he's Joker. Feels too obvious, I'm going to go with him being someone else but they'll continue to keep it vague and let the viewer come up with their own theories.

Yeah he may be too obvious to really be him, but he's so much more creepy than I could have expected. I wouldn't mind at all.

coolasj19

Why are you reading my tag instead of the title of my post?
I missed the first few minutes... maybe I can skip enough commercials.

Top Bottom