• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gradius V (Brand 2?) Confirmed for European Release!

Trevelyon

A Konami European distribution list hints at European release for Konami and Treasure’s sublime shooter…

Gradius V, the latest title in Konami’s long running shoot-em-up series and developed by Treasure, has been garnishing rave reviews upon its recent release in Japan.

However in the West the shoot-em-up genre hasn’t faced the best of times and a European release looked unlikely. So it comes as a pleasant surprise to learn that the title has indeed been confirmed for the territory, and is scheduled for release on October 8th.

If the distribution list is to be believed then the title has undergone a slight name change, and will be known over here as Gradius V Band 2.

http://www.totalvideogames.com/pages/articles/index.php?article_id=6221

~cancels US pre-order

eusa_dance.gif
eusa_dance.gif
eusa_dance.gif

aku:jiki

"Looked unlikely"? European mags have been supplied with several preview copies all the way since April. That's not what I'd call "unlikely"...

The "Band 2" part sounds intriguing, though. Could imply a slightly fixed up version? (Not that I've noticed anything to fix in the japanese version...)

Mr Mike

1 million Canadian dollars
aku:jiki said:
"Looked unlikely"? European mags have been supplied with several preview copies all the way since April. That's not what I'd call "unlikely"...

Indeed. In fact, all the mags that have reviewed it have done so from this preview code.

Top Bottom