• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gran Turismo 5 | NeoGAF Racing League | One-off races

Angst

As Metalmurphy is otherwise occupied I've been allowed to organize the NRL.

Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca - Elise RM Trophy

Everybody is welcome to join, no teams this time. This will be a one-off race, meaning no league tables or anything of that sort. If interest is good I will continue organizing events on Saturdays. As we haven't raced in quite some time I will spam the usual suspects with PMs :p

Race starts in:
t1315767600z0.png

Allowed car:

Lotus Elise R111 '04 RM
BHP / Weight
213 BHP, 720 kg
Tuning allowed:
All non-PP affecting upgrades
Tyre Selection
Racing Hard​
Track:
Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca
Laps:
TBD
Pit Stops:
No mandatory pit stops
Damage
Heavy​
Assists
ABS, Manual or Automatic Gearbox​

Players Participating (9/16):
  • 01 - Angst
  • 02 - Gynoug79
  • 03 - Dibbz tentative
  • 04 - Norante
  • 05 - Risk Breaker tentative
  • 06 - ashk
  • 07 - Niks tentative
  • 08 - Mike Dub tentative
  • 09 - Seattle6418
  • 10 -
  • 11 -
  • 12 -
  • 13 -
  • 14 -
  • 15 -
  • 16 -

Please note your number on the grid and put that number on your car.

Race procedure:

Lounge opens - 20.00 CET
Lounge reset - 20.55 CET
Qualifications start - 21.00 CET
Race start 21.15 CET

IMPORTANT - PLEASE READ: Rules and Regulations

Additional rules:

We will do a parade at 60 mph / 90 kmh. Race starts when your car pass the start/finish line.

Lounge:
Race will be in the GT5NRL lounge, please add this account to your Friends list. Practice sessions will also be held in the same lounge.

Dibbz

Wooo yeah GT5 on GAF again. Just started playing it again so nice timing. I might be busy on Saturday though and won't know till maybe Friday. Until further notice sign me up for it though :D

Angst

Dibbz said:
Wooo yeah GT5 on GAF again. Just started playing it again so nice timing. I might be busy on Saturday though and won't know till maybe Friday. Until further notice sign me up for it though :D
Nice! :)

Note that it's next weekend, not this one. As we haven't done this in a while I wanted to get the thread up early.

I'm really looking forward to race again with you guys :D

I maaaay be able to make it to this one. Most likely I won't because I'll be going back home that same weekend, but IF I can, I'll be there :p

Dead Man

If I can manage to be awake at the time, I'll be in. It looks like it will be about 3-4 am for me though, so I might have to give it a miss. Great choice of track and car.

G Rom

I might not be able to make it to this first race but you have my steering wheel for the next ones. :)

Angst

I'm thinking Sunday might be better. Start 7 pm GMT instead, ie one hour earlier, but one day later. It seems like Upside-Down GAF can't join anyway due to it being in the middle of the night. Hopefully it works for you other guys as well?

f0rk

That weekend isn't good for me but I'll probably show up for a few after if F1 2011 doesn't eat all my time.

I should be able to take part if its on the Sunday but Saturday is a no go as I am at a wedding. Now I have to go find my heat gun again :(

Dibbz

Yeah Sunday might be better for me but I won't be 100% till the weekend.

EDIT:- Slipstream toned down? AM I DREAMING!!??

ashk

Just wanted to let you know that I'm paying attention and am interested :) But I'm not 100% sure I'll be able to make it that weekend so consider me a tentative entry.

Angst

I've changed the time to Sunday 7 PM GMT - 21.00 CET as discussed, hopefully that means more people can join.

Dibbz

Anyone started practicing yet? I've done a few laps and managed a 1'33.2 so far. Doesn't seem like it's blistering fast or anything so I'm sure some of you will be able to beat it after a few laps.

Well, if it´s sunday i can make it.

Keep us posted.

(after the F1 race would be a good time, i think most of us will be watching).

Gynoug79

after the race i had yesterday night i am not so sure anymore about the toned down slipstream effect. Running rm'ed Type R's around SS5 made it easier to catch up than in the GT300 cars we were doing the other night...

Angst

seattle6418 said:
Well, if it´s sunday i can make it.

Keep us posted.

(after the F1 race would be a good time, i think most of us will be watching).
It is on Sunday, I forgot about the F1 race though. What time is it?

Angst

Sorry mate but there's bound to always be something else on at race time, what with people being all over the world.

Dibbz said:
Anyone started practicing yet? I've done a few laps and managed a 1'33.2 so far. Doesn't seem like it's blistering fast or anything so I'm sure some of you will be able to beat it after a few laps.
My best time so far is 1:31.9, but I feel really rusty and I will hopefully be able to do 1:30ish lap times.

Managed to bring my 60gb back to life thanks to a hair dryer, I'll be there tonight but no guarantees I will make it all the way through :p I'll have to hook up some fans or something.

Angst

MikeDub said:
Managed to bring my 60gb back to life thanks to a hair dryer, I'll be there tonight but no guarantees I will make it all the way through :p I'll have to hook up some fans or something.
Sounds good. As it looks like attendance will be pretty low this time, we will do a fairly short race. I'm thinking 15 laps, and then if you guys are up for it we'll do some kart races for a change of pace.

Gynoug79

sorry just noticed the race starts now at 22:00 CET which overlaps with my other league...will perhaps still drop in for a few practise runs.

edit: did i misread it or did you change it ? 21:15 CET should be fine...

Angst

Gynoug79 said:
sorry just noticed the race starts now at 22:00 CET which overlaps with my other league...will perhaps still drop in for a few practise runs.

edit: did i misread it or did you change it ? 21:15 CET should be fine...
I just changed the schedule - I updated the countdown timer a long time ago, but somehow forgot to update the schedule.

Quali is at 21:00 CET, in 4 hours and 25 minutes.
SunhiLegend said:
Haven't played GT in a while but I'm free and would love to race today. Will probably get some practice in later on today.
Nice to have you back Sunhi :)

Dibbz

OK I can make it today. Just watched the Monza GP. Great racing. Hope we can replicate some of that today :D

Angst

Dibbz said:
OK I can make it today. Just watched the Monza GP. Great racing. Hope we can replicate some of that today :D
Good to hear that Dibbz. I feel like a moron for not planning a Monza event this weekend though :/

I'm heading to the lounge now. If someone still needs me to accept a FR to the GT5NRL account, send me a PSN message (SWEandroid72) and send a PM to metalmurphy here on GAF.

Angst

seattle6418 said:
I´m still not at home, so just posting that i won´t make it :(
We figured as much seattle. When you posted we had already finished... :p Hope you can make it next week.

Angst

I forgot to write down the results, so this is from memory, correct me if I have anyone mixed up.

1. Dibbz
2. Ashk
3. MikeDub
4. Angst
5. SunhiLegend
6. Gynoug79
7. Norante (In a non-RM'ed Elise)

Big kudos to Norante who didn't quit in despair when he realized he was in the wrong car. Make sure you get the right car next time. :)

Some pics:

ashk

To be honest I didn't really mind not racing for such a long time, but after an hour of online racing with GT5-GAF I'm starting to get the itch again :)

Dibbz

Great race today. Qualifying was tense. It kept going back a forward between me and Nab. One I set a 1:28 though I was safe.Had a slow start though compared to Nab and he took me on the first turn. Kept with him and just before the corkscrew he ended up in the sand. After that it was plain sailing apart from holding Lazlow behind but the corkscrew helped me with him :p

Shame Norante didn't have an RM'd Lotus but he was safe on the track from what I saw. He made sure to get out of the way when I was lapping him. Well done for not quiting and sticking it out.

Overall happy to see GT5 GAF back. Although with F1 2011 around the corner I have feeling people will be braking off to play that.

6137983554_1a6daec849_b.jpg

6137983560_235c8970e7_b.jpg

6137983566_ba6a9d3d6a_b.jpg

6137983582_cac431cd7e_b.jpg

6137983586_dc12ed5dd7_b.jpg

6137983600_e595bea976_b.jpg

Angst

Yeah, I think people will divert to F1 for a while. I'm thinking about doing the same, but it seems like the F1 league is full before it has even started. Last I heard they were talking about having people qualify for the league or something. And there's also the PC/PS3/360 dividing of people that kinda puts me off.

We'll see though - I'll organize events for a couple of weeks more and see how the turn out is.

f0rk

Angst said:
Yeah, I think people will divert to F1 for a while. I'm thinking about doing the same, but it seems like the F1 league is full before it has even started. Last I heard they were talking about having people qualify for the league or something. And there's also the PC/PS3/360 dividing of people that kinda puts me off.

We'll see though - I'll organize events for a couple of weeks more and see how the turn out is.

I think I'll be switching. I'll play PC and honestly I don't believe you will really need to qualify if you stay active for 2 or 3 weeks, so many people say they want to compete in a league when what they actually want is to race with GAFers the few weeks they play the game. I'm sure you'd beat the riff raff like me anyway Angst :D

Top Bottom