• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gran Turismo 5 | NeoGAF Racing League | One-off races

Mush

I just thought I'd pop in and say please don't leave :(

I KID

I'm hoping (read: praying) that we get some news of DLC or further big updates from TGS to get the hype train going again.

Dibbz

Mush said:
I just thought I'd pop in and say please don't leave :(

I KID

I'm hoping (read: praying) that we get some news of DLC or further big updates from TGS to get the hype train going again.
It's not a case of leaving GT5 altogether for me. It's just being such a big F1 fan I'm gonna spend a lot of time with 2011 rather than GT. That's not to say that I won't play GT5 with you guys just depending on how good F1 is I might end up playing that more.

Angst

Dibbz said:
It's not a case of leaving GT5 altogether for me. It's just being such a big F1 fan I'm gonna spend a lot of time with 2011 rather than GT. That's not to say that I won't play GT5 with you guys just depending on how good F1 is I might end up playing that more.
Same thing here - and as long as I feel that you guys enjoy the races we do, I'll keep organizing them. GT offers so much more than fast open-wheel cars, and as such gives a nice change of pace from F1.

This Sunday we will use a muscle car, I'm leaning towards the Mach 1. I will post the details tonight.

Dibbz

Cool I was hoping we'd get some muscle action. Tough to control and set up on them can be very important.

Angst

Second Event

Muscle Event, Ford Mustang Mach 1 '71

Everybody is welcome to join, no teams this time.

Race starts in:
t1316372400z0.png

Allowed car:

Ford Mustang Mach 1 '71
BHP / Weight
413 BHP, 1615 kg
Tuning allowed:
  • Sports Intake Manifold
  • Racing Air Filter
  • Sports Exhaust Manifold
  • Catalytic Converter: Sports
  • Titanium Racing Exhaust
  • Supercharger
  • All other non-PP enhancing items allowed (gearbox, clutch, diff etc)
Tyre Selection
Sports Hard​
Track:
Deep Forest Raceway - Reverse
Laps:
Pit Stops:
No mandatory pit stops
Damage
Heavy​
Assists
ABS

Players Participating (11 / 16):
  • 01 - Angst
  • 02 - Norante
  • 03 - Gynoug79
  • 04 - Dibbz
  • 05 - HenryHSH
  • 06 - MikeDub
  • 07 - Iknos
  • 08 - SunhiLegend
  • 09 - Niks
  • 10 - Ashk tentative
  • 11 - Metalmurphy tentative
  • 12 -
  • 13 -
  • 14 -
  • 15 -
  • 16 -

No TC, No Automatic Gear Box

Race procedure:

Lounge opens - 20.00 CET
Lounge reset - 20.55 CET
Qualifications start - 21.00 CET
Race start 21.15 CET

IMPORTANT - PLEASE READ: Rules and Regulations

Additional rules:

Standing start​

Lounge:
Race will be in the GT5NRL lounge, please add this account to your Friends list. Practice sessions will also be held in the same lounge.

Angst

Norante said:
I'm in of course - and with the proper car this time. :)
Yeah, that tend to makes things a bit more interesting :)

One note to my post above: Are you guys cool with trying a race without ABS or will that make things too messy?

Gynoug79

Add me to the list ! Concerning the ABS, you cant force it off in the lobby setting but if we all have a gentleman's agreement i would be fine....trying.

Angst

Gynoug79 said:
Add me to the list ! Concerning the ABS, you cant force it off in the lobby setting but if we all have a gentleman's agreement i would be fine....trying.
That's true, I forgot about that. Lets see what people think, either we go with ABS = optional or we all agree to have it off.

Angst

HenryHSH said:
Sign me up.
Will do. And welcome to our little group!

First step - send a friend request to GT5NRL on your PS3. Race will be held in that lounge, at race time the account will seem offline, but don't worry about that, we will all be in the lounge.

Mobius 1

I should add that the last race was great. Even though I fielded the wrong car (had woken up early to watch the Italian GP and didn't pay attention), driving with experienced good people is always fun. Also, I only got lapped once which is some achievement!

The kart races after were also very cool. Here is a snapshot of the moment where I had a taste of victory... just before the corkscrew claimed another victim and made my kart get some air.

Mazda%252520Raceway%252520Laguna%252520Seca.jpg

Looking forward to the next race, this time I will have the wheel set up and ready.

Also Angst, if you want to I can help making the banners and other graphics like I did before for Metalmurphy.

HenryHSH

Angst said:
Will do. And welcome to our little group!

First step - send a friend request to GT5NRL on your PS3. Race will be held in that lounge, at race time the account will seem offline, but don't worry about that, we will all be in the lounge.

Done, thanks!

Angst

Norante said:
Also Angst, if you want to I can help making the banners and other graphics like I did before for Metalmurphy.
That sounds really good, I'm color- and design-blind so I could really use some help. I'll PM you later.

Dibbz

I'm in. Not that I have any say in it lol. ABS off could be interesting. Been a while since I've raced without it but could be lots of fun. First turn could be madness though. Storming downhill in heavy ass Mach's with no grip and people locking wheels, sounds glorious :p

What a surprise! I´m travelling again this week!

:(

I promess i´ll try to join some races in the future, but right now my schedule is just a little crazy, i never know if i´m going to be at home or not.

Iknos

Metalmurphy mentioned this in another thread I'm interested. Created an account specifically for NeoGAF racing I'll post it here once o remember what it was. I think it was neogafiknos maybe. I'll comb thru the details on the meantime.

Angst

You're welcome iknos. I'll add you to the grid, remember the friend request to GT5NRL.

I will be in the lounge tonight at 21 GMT, would be nice if some of you guys could join so we can test doing laps without ABS.

Angst

Dibbz said:
What happened to Niks and why doesn't Mush or MM ever join any more?
I'm hoping Niks will join us this week. Mm I think is busy with studies? Mush, well the race is Monday morning ~4 AM in NZ... :p

Edit - I've PM-spammed the absentees, hopefully we can get a ten car grid on Sunday.

ashk

I'm not sure I'll be able to make it this weekend, but I'll try to join the lounge a bit later for some practice.

Angst

We're in the lounge now for practice.

ABS = allowed. Things will get crazy with ABS off and I can't force it so it's better to just allow it.

Angst

Metalmurphy said:
Because I didn't realize this thread existed -.-
And you are now added to the grid :D

Risk Breaker might be able to make it as well - if everyone shows up we have a pretty nice grid on Sunday.

As we're definitely going to do heavy damage (I'm not changing my mind this time), I suggest people get some practice in the car. Sports Hard, 400+ BHP, heavy car and 70s technology makes for a ... interesting experience. I think 95 % of us will have to do at least one pit stop. Tyres wear out pretty fast as well, so if you manage to avoid the walls you will probably need a pit stop anyway.

30 minutes race btw - 20 laps.

Dibbz

MM, were you not in charge of the NRL at one point? :p

Is Toxa gonna be racing to? I'll have to get some practice in tomorrow. Hopefully it doesn't take to long to find a good setup for the car. What kind of laps times are you guys getting?

Angst

Dibbz said:
MM, were you not in charge of the NRL at one point? :p

Is Toxa gonna be racing to? I'll have to get some practice in tomorrow. Hopefully it doesn't take to long to find a good setup for the car. What kind of laps times are you guys getting?
I tried convincing Toxa, but he adamantly stated that he was retired. He might show up after the race to do a few shorter races with us, but he wouldn't commit to the main race.

As for lap times I've done 1:27.5xx, ashk did 1:27.19x and toxa did 1:27.7xx (at least I think it was 1:27, not sure now).

HenryHSH

I better put that GT5 disk in to run all the updates. I hadn't played since getting my Plat in February 19, 2011 according to my trophy profile. lol..

Risk Breaker said:
I guess no aero modifications allowed, yes? I don't want to fuck up and show up with the wrong mods, just asking for confirmation :)

Aero mod is not a non-PP enhancing mod so yeah, not allowed.

Iknos

HenryHSH said:
I better put that GT5 disk in to run all the updates. I hadn't played since getting my Plat in February 19, 2011 according to my trophy profile. lol..

Updated last night myself. Got a busy schedule so I'm going to have to let everyone know in advance if I can make it. Most of my Saturday nights are busy so if this is a Sat night only thing I may have to skip out on this competition.

Is there a thread where I can add my GT so that I can be a part of casual competitive races?

Angst

Iknos said:
Updated last night myself. Got a busy schedule so I'm going to have to let everyone know in advance if I can make it. Most of my Saturday nights are busy so if this is a Sat night only thing I may have to skip out on this competition.

Is there a thread where I can add my GT so that I can be a part of casual competitive races?
Sunday nights not Saturday...

Angst

Niks said:
Something came up last minute, so I will not be able to race today.
Sorry guys :/
Metalmurphy said:
Won't be able to race. Sorry Angst. You guys won't miss me anyway. Even worst times then yesterday
Norante said:
Real estate agent decided to call on my 2nd qualifying lap, just as I had a good setup.

Dammit.
:(

I had a good race, damage made it interesting and nerve-wrecking...

Next Sunday will be supercars I think.

Angst

Ferrari vs Mercedes Event

I am lazy today :p

Everybody is welcome to join.

Race starts in:
t1316977200z0.png

Allowed car:

Ferrari 458 Italia '09
Mercedes-Benz SLS AMG '10
PP
560 PP​
Tuning allowed:
  • Sports Exhaust Manifold
  • Catalytic Converter: Sports
  • Sports Exhaust
  • All other non-PP enhancing items allowed (gearbox, clutch, diff etc)
  • Aero parts are not allowed
  • Weight reductions and engine upgrades are not allowed
Tyre Selection
Sports Soft​
Track:
Autodromo Nazionale Monza
Laps:
TBD
Pit Stops:
No mandatory pit stops
Damage
Heavy​
Assists
ABS

Players Participating (4 / 16):
  • 01 - Angst
  • 02 - Dibbz
  • 03 - Metalmurphy
  • 04 - Niks
  • 05 -
  • 06 -
  • 07 -
  • 08 -
  • 09 -
  • 10 -
  • 11 -
  • 12 -
  • 13 -
  • 14 -
  • 15 -
  • 16 -

No TC, No Automatic Gear Box

Race procedure:

Lounge opens - 20.00 CET
Lounge reset - 20.55 CET
Qualifications start - 21.00 CET
Race start 21.15 CET

IMPORTANT - PLEASE READ: Rules and Regulations

Additional rules:

Standing start​

Lounge:
Race will be in the GT5NRL lounge, please add this account to your Friends list. Practice sessions will also be held in the same lounge.

Top Bottom