• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gran Turismo 5 | NeoGAF Racing League | One-off races

2scoops

So, i was having a great time with the car/track combo until my niece did a nose dive off the couch and kissed her face of the coffee table. Busted her chin open. And since my sister cant drive, (brother in law dropped them off this morning for a visit, my nephew likes to watch me play racing games so he was pretty happy the race was today!) i had to drive her to get stitched up.

I told my nephew to leave the ps3 on, since i was hosting and i am not sure what would happen if i quit the game and put the car off track, i hope he didn't get in any ones way. Apparently he also told you guys i was sorry for leaving. I didn't expect him to do that, but he is a people person and very polite. I assume the msg got out fine, as i said before he watches me play GT alot so i assume he knew how the chat worked.

Anyways, my apologies for missing this one and i hope my abrupt departure didn't mess anyone up. See you all next week

Toxa

Clip Cup Part II

YXEcf.png

ibiM742MIP79Lo.jpg

Everybody is welcome to join.
BUT: practice and make sure you know the track and the car before the race, clean racing is a must in the weekly races.

Race starts in:
t1336849200z0.png

Allowed cars:
Clio Renault Sport Trophy Race car '00 (S)
Lutecia Renault Sport Trophy Race Car '00 (S)

Tuning allowed:
No tuning is allowed
Tyre Selection
Sports Soft​
Track:

Spa-Francorchamps​
Laps:
16 ?
Pit Stops:
Yes
Damage
Light​
Assists
TCS, ABS
Lounge Settings:
Tyre/Fuel wear: On
Slip stream: Weak
Tyre grip reduction: Real
Players Participating (12 / 16):
  • 01 - Paskowitz
  • 02 - Toxa
  • 03 - Magawolaz
  • 04 - 2scoops
  • 05 - Niks
  • 06 - L2ounD
  • 07 - Kaze 13
  • 08 - Chillumchilla
  • 09 - Lorn
  • 10 - Dibbz
  • 11 - KaizorPenguin
  • 12 - MikeDub
  • 13 -
  • 14 -
  • 15 -
  • 16 -
  • R1 - Dubc35
  • R2 - Weekend_warrior
  • R3 -
  • R4 -
  • R5 -

Race procedure:

Lounge opens - 7.00 PM GMT
Lounge reset - 7.55 PM GMT
Qualifications start - 8.00 PM GMT
Race start 8.15 PM GMT

IMPORTANT - PLEASE READ: Rules and Regulations

Additional rules:

No special rules this race​

Lounge:
Races will be held in the GT5NRL lounge, please add this account to your Friends list. Practice sessions will also be held in the same lounge.

paskowitz

Another one?

We did not get to do Spa yesterday... so yeah. Its a great car so I do not see the harm in doing another race with it. I know that people that showed up yesterday certainly won't mind. We need to get more people for Spa though. We really should try to get 8-12 for every race.

l2ounD

cool pics!

thanks for the pink car Toxa.. I gotta remember to paint for the next race. Count me in!

Hope things are okay 2scoops. We got like a paragraph of text during the race, didnt read it all.

2scoops

cool pics!

thanks for the pink car Toxa.. I gotta remember to paint for the next race. Count me in!

Hope things are okay 2scoops. We got like a paragraph of text during the race, didnt read it all.

Oh yeah, all is well thanks! Just a bit unexpected though. Looking forward to the next race. Wife's going out of town for the week. Gonna get lots of pratice in, not that it will matter with you guys haha!

Niks

Tox did you pm Nab? And I think Salacious Crumb mentioned he could race if it was on a Saturday, you should pm him too?

Risgroo

OK, so I caved in and bought the DLC, now I just need someone to gift me the car... It only shows up randomly in the used dealership right?

Kaze13

Well, I guess I'll share my time then. 2:36.750 as a very fast qualifying time for me. I can see how a very talented driver can break 2:35 though. This track is so much fun!

FootballFan

If there is a race on Saturday then count me in.

Edit: Just saw that the race track is Spa..meaning no race for me this time. Have fun all.

Risgroo

Well, I guess I'll share my time then. 2:36.750 as a very fast qualifying time for me. I can see how a very talented driver can break 2:35 though. This track is so much fun!

Bah, my best is only a 2:37.690. Looks like I'll have to find something extra, though it's a long lap, and a few small mistakes add up a lot to the time, so if I drive a perfect lap I should be close to you.

Kaze13

You called... 2:35.317

34 is easily possible.

Edit... Sorry.

I can almost taste 2:35 but 2:34? Unreal. I can see 3 spots where I am losing time but I just don't see a full 1.5 seconds after that....

Edit: ok 2:35.477 but it's at my limit. I f'd up two corners and I can see an additional 2/10ths but that's it. 2:34....ugh lol

Risgroo

ah, ok. Good to know now rather than 5 minutes before the race.
EDIT: Lap time down to 2:35.467. Might be a couple of tenths around, but I think I've just about hit my peak.

EDIT2: Awwww yeah, 2:34.944

Top Bottom