• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gran Turismo 5 | NeoGAF Racing League | One-off races

Toxa

YXEcf.png

spa908photoshop01kdaugy.jpg

LMP Race at Monza

Everybody is welcome to join.
BUT: practice and make sure you know the track and the car before the race, clean racing is a must in the weekly races.

Race starts in:
Next Saturday

Allowed cars:
All LMP will be allowed.

Tuning allowed:
No tuning is allowed.​
Tyre Selection
All Tyres​
Track:
Monza without Chicane​
Laps:
43 laps
Pit Stops:
No mandatory pit stops
Damage
Light​
Assists
ABS
TCS
Lounge Settings:
Tyre/Fuel wear: Normal
Slip stream: Weak
Tyre grip reduction: Real
Players Participating (5 / 16):
  • 01 - paskowitz
  • 02 - Metalmurphy
  • 03 - Risk Breaker
  • 04 - Toxa
  • 05 - Dibbz
  • 06 -
  • 07 -
  • 08 -
  • 09 -
  • 10 -
  • 11 -
  • 12 -
  • 13 -
  • 14 -
  • 15 -
  • 16 -
  • R1 - dubc35
  • R2 - ashk
  • R3 - AkumaZetto
  • R4 -
  • R5 -

Race procedure:

Lounge opens - 7.00 PM GMT
Lounge reset - 7.55 PM GMT
Qualifications start - 8.00 PM GMT
Race start 8.15 PM GMT
Race 2 quali will start promptly after race 1 finishes. After quali, race 2 will start immediately.

IMPORTANT - PLEASE READ: Rules and Regulations

Additional rules:
Always make sure at least one pair of wheels are inside the white lines! Using the run-off areas as "long-cuts" or short-cuts is not allowed and will be strictly enforced.
Missing a brake point and thus overshooting into run-off areas is ok, but when you rejoin the track you must wait until cars close behind you has passed.
Missing a brake point is a mistake and should lead to you having less speed out the corner, not more.​

Lounge:
Races will be held in the GT5NRL lounge, please add this account to your Friends list. Practice sessions will also be held in the same lounge.
important.jpg

Hey, NRL I'm a newer member here. I've watched this thread for awhile and was hoping to join these weekly races at some point. I'm just picking this game back up tonight and still have my old save but no LMP car. would be willing to buy one and put in some practice laps tonight. My schedule is tight tomorrow but I think I'd have enough time to do the race. Racing clean is important to me so if I can't keep up I have no problem hanging back instead of over pushing it and taking out someone with a legitimate shot.

My psn ID is: xx_shiv_xx

I also had a question regarding the no tuning rules, does no tuning allowed mean bone stock from the showroom floor, no adjustments to camber, toe, etc?

Thanks guys

Hey, NRL I'm a newer member here. I've watched this thread for awhile and was hoping to join these weekly races at some point. I'm just picking this game back up tonight and still have my old save but no LMP car. would be willing to buy one and put in some practice laps tonight. My schedule is tight tomorrow but I think I'd have enough time to do the race. Racing clean is important to me so if I can't keep up I have no problem hanging back instead of over pushing it and taking out someone with a legitimate shot.

My psn ID is: xx_shiv_xx

I also had a question regarding the no tuning rules, does no tuning allowed mean bone stock from the showroom floor, no adjustments to camber, toe, etc?

Thanks guys

Send a PSN friend request to GT5NRL, you'll need to be friends to join the lobby.

No tuning means just that, can't adjust the suspension, downforce, weight, anything except brakes. Can't have have power-adders either, though I don't think the LMP accepts any.

Toxa

The race is officially cancelled and postponed next month with another track "Le Mans" :D due to lack of contender

we can do some random races instead tonight

paskowitz

I won't be able to make it. If people are free in the next hour maybe we can organize a quick race but otherwise it is a no go for me.

dubc35

Thanks for racing with me. Sorry, I had negotiated an hour of time with the wife to race expecting the Monza race. I wasn't much competition, lol. You racing with a wheel or controller?

Goldrusher

For fun, it's best to host short races. 5 laps or so.

Long races bore people. Slower racers get left behind, give up. Nobody can join the room.
Short races are exciting. Everyone has a chance. New people can join every ~10 minutes.

Toxa

Long races bore people. Slower racers get left behind, give up. Nobody can join the room.
Short races are exciting. Everyone has a chance. New people can join every ~10 minutes.

wrong

shot race is easy win for hotlapper :p

ruttyboy

The 1:30h race on the ring we did was some of the most fun I've had. Just saying.

Got to agree with this. Although I performed terribly, I had fantastic fun, I'd love to do another endurance race, you can't get into a rhythm with 3 lap races (which seems to be the majority of online races).

Anyway, making some tea now, probably be on in about an hour and I'll create a lobby in case anyone wants to join, if not I'll just have some fun hotlapping about on my own.

ruttyboy

I'll be heading online in a few minutes, up for any kind of race, from Samba buses to X2010's.

PSN is FASJ6418, feel free to add me.

Ah sorry man, I'd already turned off by the time I saw this.

Spent the time waiting at La Sarthe driving a 787b at night, cockpit view with no HUD and no TCS, shit gets scary when you dip the lights on Mulsanne straight!

Toxa

C'mon

YXEcf.png

486217SuzukaCircuitpercorsoEst8.jpg

Lupo Cup Party

Everybody is welcome to join.
BUT: practice and make sure you know the track and the car before the race, clean racing is a must in the weekly races.

Race starts in:
Next Saturday or Sunday (you decide)

Allowed cars:

Volkswagen Lupo GTI Cup Car 03
Tuning allowed:
No tuning is allowed.​
Tyre Selection
Sport Hard​

Track:

Monaco Cote d'azure
Nuburgring Type D
Laps:
10 laps (Monaco)
15 laps (Nurburgring)
Pit Stops:
No mandatory pit stops
Damage
Light​
Assists
ABS
TCS
Lounge Settings:
Tyre/Fuel wear: Normal
Slip stream: Weak
Tyre grip reduction: Real
Players Participating (50/ 16):
  • 01 - Ruttyboy
  • 02 - Niks
  • 03 - paskowitz
  • 04 - Toxa
  • 05 - Dibbz
  • 06 -
  • 07 -
  • 08 -
  • 09 -
  • 10 -
  • 11 -
  • 12 -
  • 13 -
  • 14 -
  • 15 -
  • 16 -
  • R1 -
  • R2 -
  • R3 -
  • R4 -
  • R5 -

Race procedure:

Lounge opens - 7.00 PM GMT
Lounge reset - 7.55 PM GMT
Qualifications start - 8.00 PM GMT
Race start 8.15 PM GMT
Race 2 quali will start promptly after race 1 finishes. After quali, race 2 will start immediately.

IMPORTANT - PLEASE READ: Rules and Regulations

Additional rules:
Always make sure at least one pair of wheels are inside the white lines! Using the run-off areas as "long-cuts" or short-cuts is not allowed and will be strictly enforced.
Missing a brake point and thus overshooting into run-off areas is ok, but when you rejoin the track you must wait until cars close behind you has passed.
Missing a brake point is a mistake and should lead to you having less speed out the corner, not more.​

Lounge:
Races will be held in the GT5NRL lounge, please add this account to your Friends list. Practice sessions will also be held in the same lounge.
important.jpg

Business

I tend to agree specially considering how short on people NRL races have been in the past months. Shorter races would improve the chance of racing with people here actually happening.

If we are true to the sim side of things, we should race race cars without ABS, because that´s what it´s like in real life.

Even if you have crappy pedals like the logitech ones (G25 here, terribad sensitive) you can play just fine without ABS with the right brake bias.

It´s much more fun this way.

Just a suggestion.

I´ll try to make it this week, i´m down as a reserve. I´m feeling the GT itch and it´s not going away anytime soon.

Niks

Ill try to make it too. Add me up.
Still, 10 laps in the ring? how long is the lap in the lupo?

Hopefully more people will join after Wednesday announcement.

Toxa

Ill try to make it too. Add me up.
Still, 10 laps in the ring? how long is the lap in the lupo?

Hopefully more people will join after Wednesday announcement.

I hope so.

15 laps on the ring Type D the very short version

I hope so.

15 laps on the ring Type D the very short version

I only think of the GP as the short one... isn´t Type V over 20 kilometers?

----------

Speaking of GT, and playing the game again, yesterday i was in some Shuffle races and OMG how fun is that mode.

They need to expand the shuffle feature, adding more options, more range and stuff.

Racing without the cheat cars, cheat tunes, it´s just great.

I was on a night race at ring and my car was a RUF Yellow Bird. It´s the most tense driving you can experience, you can´t relax not even for a second.

Shuffle was a great change of pace from the shitfests that are the "street car nurb" or "street car Monza no chicanes" lobbies that are like 90% of what´s out there.

Toxa

laptimes should be around 2min on both track but the lupo cup car 03 is more competitive than the lup cup car 00 so I must find a way to balance both car or it will be lupo cup car 03 only.

Sport soft is too grippy so now we switch on sport hard

ruttyboy

Cool thanks.

Had a go round Cote d'Azur last night. Don't know the track very well (twisty tracks are not a favourite as I didn't have a stable platform for my wheel until recently) so it was good to start learning it. Still having a bit of trouble getting a good line on the last turn before the tunnel straight and at Rascasse.

Top Bottom