• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gran Turismo 5 |OT2| We Love Cars

Branson

TofuEater said:
Get the vanilla GTR, the specV isnt worth it for the price (double the price, only marginally faster). With the 70k difference you can buy all the weight reduction upgrades. Then blitz the seasonal challenge.
Thanks lol, I actually just got gold on it with the spec v. Aero kit, weight as low as I could go, up to the limit in hp, got the ford gt in the last corner. Now I just have one silver to make Gold and all of those will be done :D

Argggh my b spec driver is a mong on ring circuits, he breaks at stupid times is takeing some stupid lines and i know hes got the fastest bloody truck on the track but doesnt seem to use it.:lol

I wanna punch m. takahashi in the face, he sucks sooooo much at these ring tracks dear lord man what kind of line are you takeing why did you break there why are you slowing down here. Arggghhhh.:lol

Melfice7 said:
Slaps expy, simulation of course xD
I've set it to simulation just cause, but what are the differences between the different settings? "Force feedback strength" is pretty self explanatory, but amateur/professional/simulation mode for steering isn't.

keyrat

I was under the impression that the simulation wheel settings didn't apply to the G25, but I put it at simulation anyway.

Mush

How awesome is GT5?

IT'S PLAYING A JAZZED UP VERSION OF JINGLE BELLS

SO. AWESOME.

I also just got 7 paints & cards for logging in. :D

darkwing

Decarb said:
So any news about next update/patch? Twiiter-Kaz seems to have gone awfully quiet.

after the mega 1.05 update, let the man sip his champagne , well until the seasonal events are over :D

i still have to do the time trials and drifting event

spats

Mush said:
How awesome is GT5?

SO. AWESOME.

So awesome. Got tons of other stuff to do but must... log... in.

Finally bought this!

5283455717_94759eef42_b.jpg

What an amazing car this is. I did the Festa Cavallino with it and the Supercar Challenge, golded them both. Now I'm going to give the GTR Seasonal Event a shot. I tuned the car like someone above me said I should. Is there something else I should do?

X-Frame said:
Question: If I un-install parts from a car, then buy the same car again - can I use those parts on the new car?

You can't "uninstall", as far a the word "install" works on the game. Once it's installed it's automatically linked to the car. If you don't install it when you buy it, it goes to the items tab.

offshore

I don't know what to do. Buy the 787B, the R10, or the Formula GT.

Can you use the Formula GT in the All Stars and Dream Car Championship?

Ploid 3.0

Mush said:
How awesome is GT5?

SO. AWESOME.

And I was just wondering what they'd do for xmas. Logging on asap.

Mush

Ploid 3.0 said:
And I was just wondering what they'd do for xmas. Logging on asap.
If someone told me the 600mb update included the audio files for Christmas songs, I'd probably believe them. :lol

Shaneus

So, won the B-Spec GT cup thingy with an RM'ed Corvette, now have the Zonda and about 1.2mil sitting in the bank as well as the GT5 ending video. Mind you, I did as little as possible to get to that cup... have only done about a third of the events in Prof. B-Spec but I wanted that Zonda.

With that money in the bank, the McLaren F1 is teasing me like a motherfucker :lol

dwebo

Metalmurphy said:
I got 9 cards and paint :D Pays up to login every day. 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, must be 10 tomorrow. I wonder what we're getting on actual xmas day.
Wish I hadn't logged in past midnight on patch day or else I'd be on 8 I think...

Still not getting any notification for paints, though they're still showing up in the inventory. I've gotten a few variations on puke green alone. Thanks, PD!

expy said:
What mode do you guys have your wheels set to? Amateur, Professional, or Simulation?!

Simulation w/ G27 here

PjotrStroganov said:
Amateur and every aid set to max. That's the only way to play it with the G25.

Not sure if serious? Why would you turn on all the aids with a wheel, especially the G25. That kind of defeats the purpose.

Metalmurphy said:
I got 9 cards and paint :D Pays up to login every day. 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, must be 10 tomorrow. I wonder what we're getting on actual xmas day.

WTF, I have yet to get a single damn paint chip and I have logged in every day since this fucking game came out.

dwebo said:
Wish I hadn't logged in past midnight on patch day or else I'd be on 8 I think...

Still not getting any notification for paints, though they're still showing up in the inventory. I've gotten a few variations on puke green alone. Thanks, PD!
Same here. Haven't been checking the inventory though.

Did the 3rd endurance run last night!

dwebo

user friendly said:
Same here. Haven't been checking the inventory though.

Did the 3rd endurance run last night!
Yeah, it's a bug I think. I've definitely gotten new ones every day. 5, 6, then 6 again since I guess I must've already had one of them (I hope).

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
I got a bonus ticket with a random car. What did i got? An Enzo Ferrari '02

Celcius

°Temp. member
I did the 4 hr nurburgring endurance race last night. I was in my formula GT again, but this time I only won by two laps. Some turbo-charged s2000 was giving it his best lol

Only 3 endurance races left (1 if I don't do the 24hr races).
Also, I'm up to just over 400 cars. Getting 1000 is going to take a while...

SmokyDave

Metalmurphy said:
This is fucking killing me. I might have to buy another PS3 and shout down the phone at the insurance people. I'm going to miss out on so much stuff :(

SmokyDave said:
This is fucking killing me. I might have to buy another PS3 and shout down the phone at the insurance people. I'm going to miss out on so much stuff :(

Just paints dude :p

I got so many I never use. Only time I used it was a Mclaren Orange on my Italia :D Looks great.

brentech

dwebo said:

Pretty sure the same thing happened to me, cause I've logged in every day since launch and I'm only at 7 with today's login. Kind of pissed about that, cause it will probably be a big item on the 12th day I'd think.

Metalmurphy said:
Just paints dude :p

I got so many I never use. Only time I used it was a Mclaren Orange on my Italia :D Looks great.
I'll probably start painting a lot more after i get my 256 for the trophy.

-viper-

Banned
awww fuck.

i was doing the suzuka superGT race and it was raining. i was first then on the last two laps i spin out, and end up on 12th place. wasted my 20 minutes right there.

this game needs rewind

just kidding. lolz

Top Bottom