• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gran Turismo 5 |OT2| We Love Cars

There are no words to describe the Vettel challenge. I think it´s the best gaming moment i´ve had in a while.

It´s just so... amazing! You can take corners like you´ve always dreamed.

Takes a time to get used to the car, since you never driven anything like it.

I grinded enough on b-spec to open the challenge, and my god, crazy XP:lol :lol :lol

I still have to gold the Suzuka event, by so far i already went up five levels:lol

With the amount of XP it gives, i can still get up another one with an extra gold. Crazy fun, and a nice change of pace from the endless grinding.

The car is just absolutely insane, people will love it. 200kmh in first gear:lol

Mr Spliff

Finally got gold on AMG intermediate full lap! Pad and only ABS 1 on, that was one hell of a lap but the practice paid off. Final time was 7:04.007

Why can't I change my gear ratio nor top speed with a custom transmission for the Challenger challenge? Cannot change a thing, just keeps my cursor on the Question Mark when I want to change it.

MMaRsu

Pizza Luigi said:
Why can't I change my gear ratio nor top speed with a custom transmission for the Challenger challenge? Cannot change a thing, just keeps my cursor on the Question Mark when I want to change it.

Try to rebuy the part? Maybe somethings wrong with it..

Pizza Luigi said:

you need the $20,000 transmission.

weekend_warrior said:
you need the $20,000 transmission.

It isn't there when I open the tuning shop. There is only the 5,000 and 8,000 CR transmission. Now what?

EDIT: Oh it's there, I just didn't notice it because of the huge picture and not being in a box. Fucking UI design :lol

TTG

seattle6418 said:
There are no words to describe the Vettel challenge. I think it´s the best gaming moment i´ve had in a while.

It´s just so... amazing! You can take corners like you´ve always dreamed.

Takes a time to get used to the car, since you never driven anything like it.

I grinded enough on b-spec to open the challenge, and my god, crazy XP:lol :lol :lol

I still have to gold the Suzuka event, by so far i already went up five levels:lol

With the amount of XP it gives, i can still get up another one with an extra gold. Crazy fun, and a nice change of pace from the endless grinding.

The car is just absolutely insane, people will love it. 200kmh in first gear:lol

Sounds awesome. My B-spec is at a high level 26 right now, what's the quickest way to 30? I'm thinking of leaving it on overnight to do the Tsukuba 4 hour or something.

Also, what's the difference in the prize cars for bronze/silver/gold in that event? I heard there's a carbon version of the X1?

anddo0

I want to win the Super GT (legit, no Minolta etc..:lol ) which GT car should I get? It doesn't matter if it has a cockpit or not, and money is no object.:D

mrklaw

MrArseFace
anddo0 said:
I want to win the Super GT (legit, no Minolta etc..:lol ) which GT car should I get? It doesn't matter if it has a cockpit or not, and money is no object.:D

I think they're all the same - they all list as the same BHP and weight. I'd probably go for a GTR-based one though

TTG said:
Sounds awesome. My B-spec is at a high level 26 right now, what's the quickest way to 30? I'm thinking of leaving it on overnight to do the Tsukuba 4 hour or something.

Also, what's the difference in the prize cars for bronze/silver/gold in that event? I heard there's a carbon version of the X1?

Got golds on the first two, the last one is a bronze, therefore i only got the prize for all bronzes, which is the S.Vettel X1. I plan on finishing that tomorrow, and i haven´t read anything about the challenge, so the prizes will be a surprise. I hope one of those 20 million Le Mans cars, beause i don´t to spend that much money.

As for the grinding, Indy 500 with the Minolta was my path. two hours and fourty minutes if you leaves the bobs by themselves. Now i want to see if i can use the X1 on that event to save some time.:lol

Ploid 3.0

I really need help on rain races. It seem like I do worse with rain tires. The computers are doing better than me when they have their standard tires on for that one lap.

Spinning out.

anddo0 said:
I used the Lexus ISF Racing concept as you can use it in the DTM and Super GT races. I think it's cheaper too.
KennyLinder said:
Can the Formula GT be used for "Like The Wind", and is it quick enough?
I believe the answer to that is yes and yes.

Angst

Ploid 3.0 said:
I really need help on rain races. It seem like I do worse with rain tires. The computers are doing better than me when they have their standard tires on for that one lap.

Spinning out.
Feather foot. And lots of curses.

anddo0

Thanks for the help, I settled on the Nissan Xanavi Nismo Z '06.

B-spec on the other hand.:lol I'm throwing the best I got at the Super GT for that one.

TTG said:

If you can be bothered to push a button to go to the next race or change tires (when needed) then the Dream Car championship with the Formula GT is the most efficient way to get to level 30. Offers the most xp/money per minute.

test_account

XP-39C²
When i played the Dream Car challenge (or what it's called, it is the last challenge/championship in A-Spec) i noticed that the AI was driving into the pit stop after each round, even in the races when it wasnt raining (so no need to change the tyres). Does anyone know why? I just got curious about this :)

spats

I love all the "almost" real racing drivers as AI opponents. Seen a ton of finnish names like Kankkunen and Raikkonen too.

3694efeb-8ba4-472d-a26b-a5d5f8a9480b.jpg

patsu

Metalmurphy said:
My hands hurt and my head's spinning...

Gotta take a break from GT5.

Wait a minute, I thought I saw you starting up Demon's Souls in that thread a few days ago ? Or are you done already ?

spats said:
I love all the "almost" real racing drivers as AI opponents. Seen a ton of finnish names like Kankkunen and Raikkonen too.

[]http://lh6.ggpht.com/_8fN96p7_zdA/TRKJAWQGsXI/AAAAAAAACJQ/8evnDYiN-2A/s640/3694efeb-8ba4-472d-a26b-a5d5f8a9480b.jpg[/]

Not only that but...

R. Hammond
J. Clarkson
J. May

patsu said:
Wait a minute, I thought I saw you starting up Demon's Souls in that thread a few days ago ? Or are you done already ?

Erm... Demon Souls? oO I finished that ages ago... 4 times.

And platinumed it
:D

neos

I just had my first run with cockpit view and no HUD...my god that's real another way of playing.

...and i was racing with a Fiat 500:lol

spats

neos said:
I just had my first run with cockpit view and no HUD...my god that's real another way of playing.

...and i was racing with a Fiat 500:lol

Yup, that's a really cool experience. No stupid gear indicator flashing constantly makes all the difference. It also makes you appreciate the smooth visuals a lot more.

-viper-

Banned
theignoramus said:
Alright, 4.7 million in the bank once again, which is the better car with performance upgrades: the Audi R10 or the Mazda 787b?
I've got a Mazda 787B with all upgrades installed and some tune from GTP and it seems to want to spin out at corners. It's difficult to control. Or maybe it's just my driving style. :\

The R10 on the other hand handles beautifully. Plus, the open top cockpit view is really nice. Hits 220mph pretty easily. The 787B is faster though. Can hit 235mph. But it's still quick and has superior handling so I prefer the R10.

-viper- said:
I've got a Mazda 787B with all upgrades installed and some tune from GTP and it seems to want to spin out at corners. It's difficult to control. Or maybe it's just my driving style. :\

The R10 on the other hand handles beautifully. Plus, the open top cockpit view is really nice. Hits 220mph pretty easily. The 787B is faster though. Can hit 235mph. But it's still quick and has superior handling so I prefer the R10.
yeah, i quite like that the R10 has an open cockpit. It comes out of stock under 700hp, what can you get it to with the upgrades? Above 800hp?

test_account

XP-39C²
-viper- said:

With some tuning of the transmission you can get the R10 upto like 400km/h (about 248mph) :) I havnt tried the 787B myself, but i agree that the R10 is great to handle. The R10 is one of my favorite cars in GT5 so far :)

l2ounD

bleh, the gtacademy is sucking my time away...
Spent an hour just to take .1 off my time :p and Im still a few seconds from the top.

-viper-

Banned
theignoramus said:
yeah, i quite like that the R10 has an open cockpit. It comes out of stock under 700hp, what can you get it to with the upgrades? Above 800hp?
781 with the high RPM turbo kit.

I simply love the car. Would have preferred the R15 in the game though :p It was so good in F3.

TTG

I'm also looking for a premium Le Mans prototype. There are conflicting posts everywhere about which is the one to buy. It seems to be between the Mazda, Audi and Peugeot. The Peugeot looks awesome, but the open top Audi sounds nice(although the starting stats are in Peugeot favor). Mazda is the most expensive and it's old.... arghhh

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
log ride: I added you to my list. Let me know when you sent that Fiat, duder.

TTG said:
I'm also looking for a premium Le Mans prototype. There are conflicting posts everywhere about which is the one to buy. It seems to be between the Mazda, Audi and Peugeot. The Peugeot looks awesome, but the open top Audi sounds nice(although the starting stats are in Peugeot favor). Mazda is the most expensive and it's old.... arghhh
If you need something for the GT All Stars/Like the Wind/Dream Car series, then the Peugeot 908 HDi '10 is the vehicle you want. 922hp with upgrades and an oil change, great handling. Either you or your B-spec racer can win handily with it.

Shaneus

So, I finally hit level 17 then for the moneys, finished off the karting. What you win for finishing the karting series? Paint. Fucking PAINT :lol

The prizes in this game are beyond woeful.

Top Bottom