• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gran Turismo 5: Release date announcement incoming! THE FINAL COUNTDOWN

Status
Not open for further replies.

Loudninja

lunlunqq said:
Just received an email from Amazon regarding my GT5 pre-order. Said they've received updates from the publisher itself. What the heck?
Same thing that's been posted many times its a placeholder.

faridmon

Despera said:
GT5 is already out in some European country, and yet game doesn't have even release date. Every single video and news update, no matter how trivial, is a BIG DEAL. GT fans rage as Sony stays silent.

That's all you need to know.
GT5 is already out? how? where?

can I buy it? for 750 hundred thousand dollars!!!!

Hanmik

It´s actually not very difficult for a store to sell the game if they have it. Because Sony has not published a street date yet, so the store are not breaking the street date, by selling them now.. :lol

But ohmygod I want this game.. just completed the lacklustre campaign in Black Ops, and all I could think of was "I cannot wait to cruise through Deep Forest in my Zonda"..

Hanmik said:
It´s actually not very difficult for a store to sell the game if they have it. Because Sony has not published a street date yet, so the store are not breaking the street date, by selling them now.. :lol

But ohmygod I want this game.. just completed the lacklustre campaign in Black Ops, and all I could think of was "I cannot wait to cruise through Deep Forest in my Zonda"..

Just because they haven't announced a street date doesn't mean it doesn't exist XP

offshore

Mush said:
Sigh... Another day, another disappointment.
Tell me about it. You know, one day I'm going to come home and find that this game does actually have a release date.

When did Sony finally wake up and have the guys videos removed?

scandisk_

Unconfirmed Member
RustyNails said:
More like

35hi6on.gif

ima punch sony right now. fuckkkkkkkkk

Hanmik

SolidSnakex said:
The guy removed them on his own and didn't say why he did it.

because he is finished doing his PR work for Sony (he earned his money).. now it´s time for Sony to step in and continue their "awesome" PR work for this game..

SolidSnakex said:
The guy removed them on his own and didn't say why he did it.

Off camera footage is not something sony can sue him for. But i'm sure sony asked politely, or paid him, black-mailed him.

Killed his dog, or he woke up with a horse head beside his bedside.

SirIgbyCeaser said:
Off camera footage is not something sony can sue him for. But i'm sure sony asked politely, or paid him, black-mailed him.

Killed his dog, or he woke up with a horse head beside his bedside.

Getting the game illegally probably is though.

verbum

Nice (I did not see it posted)

And Sony, as it has in the past several years, held its Gran Turismo Awards contest, in which the winning vehicle receives the full digital treatment for inclusion in the next version of the game, ostensibly Gran Turismo 6. Last year’s winner, a custom 1970 Mustang from Oregon, was chosen from about 250 entries and now resides in Gran Turismo 5, supposedly.

This year’s winner for Best in Show, selected again by Mr. Yamauchi from among about 100 entrants, went to a 1969 “salsa red” Chevrolet Camaro modified by Mark Stielow of Beverly Hills, Mich...

“The modified Chevy engine now displaces seven liters, and it’ll make 762 horsepower over 800 foot-pounds of torque,” he said in an interview. “The car has a ’60s feel, and it feels good.”

The suspension bits are new, but the body shell is original, except for the hood, which is aluminum. Mr. Stielow said he bought the car from a seller on eBay in California and had it shipped to Michigan. “It cost me $14,000 — not cheap, but it was money well spent.”

Mr. Stielow says he expects a team from Mr. Yamauchi’s developer company, Polyphony Digital, to come to his garage next year to photograph and record the various growls and roars of the Chevy’s powertrain.

“I’ve already raced it at a few track events,” he said. “It’ll easily go 180 miles per hour, although I think I could get it to 193.”

http://wheels.blogs.nytimes.com/2010/11/10/gran-turismo-creator-picks-1969-chevy-camaro-for-next-version/

N.A

Banned
I don't know if this was posted here yet, it seems Gran Turismo 5 is causing problems for other games:

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2010-11-11-sony-has-two-worlds-ii-pub-hopping-mad

The Two Worlds II release saga continues: now Euro publisher TopWare/Zuxxez is "hopping mad" with Sony because the PS3 version of the game wasn't made on time.

Everything was paid upfront, TopWare/Zuxxez CEO Dirk Hassinger explained on the Zuxxez forum (reported by Eurogamer Germany) - but a bunch of "lazy buggers" at Sony meant Tuesday's European Two Worlds II launch only happened on PC and Xbox 360.

"The PS3 version wasn't delivered on schedule for release. We can choose our pressing plant for PC and 360, but unfortunately not for PS3. I'd preferably post the email and phone number of the lady responsible at Sony here," threatened Hassinger. "We're hopping mad!"

He went on to muse what a press release - which can't be released until Sony says so - would say. Something like, "Sony needs too much time for the production because mainly lazy buggers are working there."

The ramifications of this outburst mean Sony may pull the PS3 version of Two Worlds II. Apparently Hassinger is aware of this.

Initial reaction to Two Worlds II has been overwhelmingly positive. Eurogamer Germany deemed the PC version of the fantasy role-playing game worthy of 9/10.

In October, Eurogamer revealed that Two Worlds II wouldn't make Christmas in the UK (or the US). SouthPeak handles the game here and decided that Two Worlds II wouldn't get "the shelf space it deserves" among the busy Christmas release schedule. The new target is "just after Christmas".

faridmon

N.A said:
I don't know if this was posted here yet, it seems Gran Turismo 5 is causing problems for other games:

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2010-11-11-sony-has-two-worlds-ii-pub-hopping-mad
SolidSnakex said:
Or are other games causing problems for GT5? :) Space must be made!
Know you all understand the theory of relativity, we can move on to the Schrödinger's cat and how does it connect to GT5.

You see, pupils, GT5 is release but not relased at the same time. Can someone explain how does that happen?

N.A

Banned
offshore said:
Article says Sony were lazy, not that they gave another game preference at pressing. I like the theory though.

Sony have a set amount of discs they can produce per day and publishers get their slot well in advance.

faridmon said:
Know you all understand the theory of relativity, we can move on to the Schrödinger's cat and how does it connect to GT5.

You see, pupils, GT5 is release but not relased at the same time. Can someone explain how does that happen?

Timey Wimey, Wibbly Wobbly.

jiggles

Banned
faridmon said:

People said GT5 would never come out. Others argued that of course it had to come out SOME time.

Everyone was right.

Veins

Unconfirmed Member
Man, not being able to change the wheels on standard model cars really sucks. I'm beginning to think there is going to be too few interesting cars for me, considering I am well and truly burnt out on the standard model cars from GT4, which make up the vast majority of the car list :<

Bobo

Right, so I was bored and i came up with a playlist for GT5 custom soundtrack. The list so far...

The Kinks - Tired of waiting for you
Depeche Mode - Enjoy the silence
Queens of the Stone Age - No one knows
Radiohead - 2+2=5
Radiohead - Fake plastic trees (2D Remix)
Led Zeppelin - Communication breakdown
Led Zeppelin - Dazed and confused

Any other music recommendations?

jiggles

Banned
Bobo said:
Right, so I was bored and i came up with a playlist for GT5 custom soundtrack. The list so far...

The Kinks - Tired of waiting for you
Depeche Mode - Enjoy the silence
Queens of the Stone Age - No one knows
Radiohead - 2+2=5
Radiohead - Fake plastic trees (2D Remix)
Led Zeppelin - Communication breakdown
Led Zeppelin - Dazed and confused

Any other music recommendations?
:lol :lol

THE:MILKMAN

Would I be wrong in thinking the pic of GT5 that the Aussie guy posted was just 1 day after he said the Sydney plant wasn't pressing the disc's.

That suggests to me that the game was pressed as originally intended (for the 2-5 Nov) Maybe PD being "3 days late" really did fuck things up!

Having millions of copies of the most sort after game this year sitting around warehouses for weeks would explain the leaks IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom