• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gran Turismo 5: Release date announcement incoming! THE FINAL COUNTDOWN

Status
Not open for further replies.

AndyD

aka andydumi
saladine1 said:
Poor guy. He's probably going to jail for doing what Sony didn't.

Nah. If he bought it legit, its not his fault. If he stole it from factory, that's another story.

jiggles

Banned
SolidSnakex said:
I don't know what the hell they're waiting for. The fact that the game is actually being sold by people and not just one copy but multiple copies should scare the shit out of them. It's their biggest game and it's already being sold before they've even announced a release date.

If anything, it seems like they want to do a "In Stores TODAY" announcement

offshore

Well the PS3 slim inexplicably turned up in the Philippines before its official launch, so I guess Sony just now say.."oh look! Another of our products has hit the black market! Huh. More sherry, Mr. Hirai?"

jigglywiggly said:
If anything, it seems like they want to do a "In Stores TODAY" announcement
I think that's wishful thinking, I think sony just is having trouble making PR for a world wide release in early december.

You need SCEA, SCEE, SCEJ all on the same page and all working together.

Racer30

Kagari said:
Sony's silence on the whole thing is really stupid, unless they want to make sure everything's in place before they announce the new date.

The only thing sony made sure of this far is to screw their fanbase.

SirIgbyCeaser said:
I think that's wishful thinking, I think sony just is having trouble making PR for a world wide release in early december.

You need SCEA, SCEE, SCEJ all on the same page and all working together.

I'm certainly no expert in marketing, but I hope they had at least SOME plans for promotion, as it was expected to be released this week? If we're looking at a release late november / early december, they wouldn't have to re-invent everything.

On a side note: I can't believe how glued I've been to this forum for updates. Has this been the same for other big releases? People so desperate for blurry movies?

spats

AndyD said:
Nah. If he bought it legit, its not his fault. If he stole it from factory, that's another story.

Didn't some japanese guy go to jail just recently because he shared new Pokémons from a Pokémon game that wasn't in stores yet? Videogames are pretty serious business.

spats said:
Didn't some japanese guy go to jail just recently because he shared new Pokémons from a Pokémon game that wasn't in stores yet? Videogames are pretty serious business.

Because he posted screens, which is a copyright infringement if Nintendo chooses it to be so. Same here with people posting vids of GT5.

spats said:
Theft is serious business.

AndyD said:

How else are people getting it? It hasn't been sent out to reviewers or stores and currently has no release date.

Senua

Omiee said:
it is look in the video you can clearly see the car in front of it through the side windows
you could always slightly see through the windows in GT4, its a standard car

AndyD

aka andydumi
SolidSnakex said:
How else are people getting it? It hasn't been sent out to reviewers or stores and currently has no release date.

We dont think its in stores yet. But if it being shipped and some store actually got some, they may break the release date. It happens all the time.

If they are indeed aiming for a "In stores now!" announcement, then it is conceivable some may have actually received it. And by trying to do it tomorrow, they could rain on COD's parade. I dont know for what purpose as they are not even in the same genre, but whatever.

But you are right, if they are not shipping yet, then the only reasonable explanation seems to be theft.

NHale

Kagari said:
This is hilarious, but you guys will be happy soon enough.

Do you know something we don't?

Knowing Sony and Activision broken relationship, I will put my tin foil hat and say Sony will announce the date tomorrow just to kill the Black Ops hype a little bit, but without my tin foil I'm guessing Sony is making sure that they have enough copies in stores to fulfill demand in the new release date before announcing that date.

Cigol

What GT5 needs is more underwhelming videos of the final product like that right before release :lol Bravo Sony, bravo!

I have a feeling someone in this thread will own GT5 before the end of the week. Just seems inevitable that at least one copy will wind up in someone's hands here.

Hanmik

DoctorWho said:
Blocked at work. :(

for your pleasure then..

1 - Hidden Trophy
2 – Hidden Trophy
3 - Hidden Trophy
4 - Penniless - Spend every last Credit your have - bronze
5 - Colorful - Collect 256 paint colors - bronze
6 - The Air of Experience - Raise a B-Spec driver to the peak of this career - bronze
7 - A Star is Born - Train a B-Spec driver up to Class 30 or above - bronze
8 - Human Stopwatch - Complete three consecutive laps with tomes within 0.2 seconds of the Best Lap Time - bronze
9 - GT-R Official Record - Achieve a time of 7´29.03 on Nurburgring Nordshleife in a Nissan GT-R 07 - bronze
10 - Dream Race - Win the ultimate three-way showdown between a FordMark IV Race Car, a Ferrari 330 P4 R... - bronze
11 – Arch Rivals – Achieve a one-two finish in a Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution X and a Subaru IMPREZA WRX STI - bronze
12 – Within One Hundredth – Win a race by a margin of 0.01 seconds or less - bronze
13 – 111 Meters a Second – Achieve a speed of 400km/h - bronze
14 – Speed Demon – Achieve a speed of 300km/h - bronze
15 – Sky-High Roller – Buy an insanely expensive car - bronze
16 – High Roller – Bought a serriously expensive car - bronze
17 – Maximum Mileage – Buy a used car with 300 000km or more travel distance - bronze
18 – Half a Century of Cars – Own at least one car each from the ´60s, ´70s, ´80s, ´90s and ´00s, - bronze
19 – Old-Timer – Acquire a car manufactured in 1959 or earlier - bronze
20 – Multi-Millionaire – Possess an Ivane amount of money - bronze
21 – Car Collector – Fill your Garage with 1000 cars - bronze
22 – Beyond the Autobahn – Drive 12,718km in total – the length of all Germany´s Autobahns combined - bronze
23 – Driving Music – Use the Personal BGM function, and go for a drive while listening to your favorite songs - bronze
24 – Data Analyst – Analyze yout performance using the Data Logger – bronze
25 – Dream Drifter – Get 10 000 points or more in a Sector Mode Drift Trial – bronze
26 – Race Ready – Perform Racing Modifications on one of your cars – bronze
27 – Loony Tune – Spend an Ivane amount of money on tuning a car – bronze
28 – Course Designer – Create and share a track – bronze
29 – Proud Owner – Take and Share a photo – bronze
30 – The Right Direction – Win yout first B -Spec event race – bronze
31 – Win Number One – Win yout first A-Spec event race – bronze
32 – Gran Turismo Karting Experience – Complete the Gran Turismo Karting Experience Special Event– bronze
33 – Jeff Gordon NASCAR School – Complete the Jeff Gordon NASCAR School Special Event– bronze
34 – Top Gear Test Track – Complete the Top Gear Test Track Special Event– bronze
35 – AMG Driving Academy – Complete the AMG Driving Academy Special Event– bronze
36 – Gran Turismo Rally – Complete the Gran Turismo Rally Special Event– bronze
37 – Grand Tour – Complete the Grand Tour Special Event– bronze
38 – Sebastien Loeb Rally Challenge – Complete the Sebastien Loeb Rally Challenge Special Event – bronze
39 - Hidden Trophy
40 - National C License – Complete the C License – bronze
41 - National B License – Complete the B License – bronze
42 – National A License – Complete the A License – bronze
43 - International C Licencse – Complete the International C Licencse – bronze
44 - International B Licencse – Complete the International B Licencse – bronze
45 – International A Licencse – Complete the International A Licencse – bronze
46 – Super License – Complete the S License – bronze
47 - Begginer Series Complete – Complete the Begginer series of Race Events – bronze
48 - Profesional Series Complete – Complete the Professional series of Race Events – bronze
49 - Amateur Series Complete – Complete the Amateur series of Race Events – bronze
50 – Profesional Series Complete – Complete the Professional series of Race Events – bronze
51 – Expert Series Complete – Complete the Expert series of Race Events – bronze
52 – Extreme Series Complete – Complete the Extreme series of Eace Events – bronze
53 - Hidden Trophy
54 – Hidden Trophy
55 – Finale – Reach the sfing movie – gold
56 – Epert Manager – Reach B-Spec Level 40 – silver
57 – Excellent Driver – Reach A-Spec Level 40 – silver
58 – Gold Standart – Get a gold trophy in every race event, license test and special event – gold
59 – Gran Turismo Platinum Trophy – Earn every single Gran Turismo 5 Trophy – platinum
60 - Hidden Trophy

jcm

NHale said:
Do you know something we don't?

Knowing Sony and Activision broken relationship, I will put my tin foil hat and say Sony will announce the date tomorrow just to kill the Black Ops hype a little bit, but without my tin foil I'm guessing Sony is making sure that they have enough copies in stores to fulfill demand in the new release date before announcing that date.

Sony makes something like $7 per copy of COD sold. Trying to hurt COD would be very dumb (as well as ineffective).

I hope this trophy list is real based on the fact it has no ridiculous online trophy requirements. UC2 was the best way to handle online only trophies, just give each mode a go once, boom, done. None of this level 50 shit on online races.

I must platinum GT5 out of principle alone.

Those trophies are great if real.

The Nur track time one is going to be interesting due to the way 'record' lap times are recorded versus how the track is ran in the game.

DonMigs85

darkwing said:
yeah but a few of those are hard
"Human Stopwatch - Complete three consecutive laps with times within 0.2 seconds of the Best Lap Time - bronze"
Wow, that's gonna require some serious precision driving.

noire

Unconfirmed Member
DidntKnowJack said:
Just an aside, I was looking for something new to play, browsing through stuff on PSN. How is it possible neither the original GT or GT2 are on PSN as PSOne Classics? I'd totally download GT1 or 2 if they were up.

Might be a licensing thing. Music, cars or both.

EDIT: way beaten.

spats

gutterboy44 said:
I hope this trophy list is real based on the fact it has no ridiculous online trophy requirements. UC2 was the best way to handle online only trophies, just give each mode a go once, boom, done. None of this level 50 shit on online races.

I must platinum GT5 out of principle alone.

Completely agreed.

Loudninja

5157279910_7175858f05_b-1.jpg

I woke up this morning with no expectations of GT5 trophies, yet I find myself clamoring for those hidden trophies! This is cruel, no other word describes it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom